Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

[Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

[Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I Empty
PostSubject: [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I   [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I EmptyMon Jun 24, 2019 11:03 pm

It was early morning and Mille had just finished hauling the last of three small fire pits over to the pavilion where in a mere half an hour she would be starting her very first class with her new students. The young fennekin couldn't help but a feel a little nervous. She'd taught pokemon before, but it was always the others who lived in her village; pokemon that she already knew.

Mille wasn't a shy individual by any means, but she was aware that one needed to tailor their classes to their students to make sure that everyone got the most they could out of the lessons. She hoped she would do a good job! Ever since she'd come to Grassveil, it had mostly been the inhabitants teaching her, so it would be nice to repay the favour in some small way.

With a smile on her face, Mille padded away to fetch the last of her equipment; the wood that would be needed for the fires they would cook on. All of the other equipment was already safely stored away, preventing anyone from coming to any harm by sharp knives and other tools.

-*-*-*-

Soon enough, the time for her class had arrived and Mille busied herself with writing upon a blackboard that she'd set up near the front of the pavilion. Humming lightly, she doodled a little caricature of herself upon the board and wrote her name above it.

As the students walked in, they would see two low tables neatly arranged next to each other near the front of the pavilion, near to where Mille was perched upon a small tree stump seat, writing on the blackboard. Another table was situated closer to the fennekin herself, although this one contained something, or several somethings, covered with a large red and white gingham cloth. Towards the back of the pavilion were three fire pits, unlit but each one with a small pile of wood situated next to it.

As she spotted her first student arrival, she waved over to them, beckoning them to take a seat near the low tables.

[Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I Milles11

Last edited by Solilo on Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
Arestortle

Arestortle

Poké : 560

PostSubject: Re: [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I   [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I EmptyMon Jun 24, 2019 11:31 pm

Powar had a large quantity of nerves, going to his first class in 6 months. Sure, he used to have to go back to school 4 months after the year ended, but this... this was different.

Now that the basic knowledge granted by a more basic school was behind him, the Academy was going to teach him skills that would set him up for a lifetime of self-sufficiency and exploration. For this, however, the former was a more prevalent concern.

He had to tell himself daily that he could do this, and not have to rely on others his entire life, and now he could start learning how to prove himself worthy of his own gratitude. He takes one last breath of his own oxygen before walking into the pavilion where the beginning of the rest of his life would take place. Powar takes a shaky seat near the center of the setup, taking a leap of faith and hoping he doesn't ruin his reputation at the school before it starts, but also setting himself up to be an active participant in this class.
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

Poké : 521

PostSubject: Re: [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I   [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I EmptyTue Jun 25, 2019 1:46 am

Alki had spent a good long while reflecting on what she was getting herself into. She had already met one of her would be school-mates by chance in the middle of Grassveil, and she recalled the Dratini to be a rather pleasant person to be around. But there was no guarantee that everyone at this school would be that pleasant. The jigglypuff stood near the entrance of the Academy, doing her best to be as nice and encouraging to herself as possible. It proved to be a difficult task. There was nothing for her to be upset about as of yet, but it was still utterly terrifying to her... The last time she'd been around so many kids, she'd found herself on the receiving end of multiple abuses, both verbal and otherwise.

"C-C-C'mon..." She mumbled to herself, clutching her book bag close to her body, such that it covered her mouth and partially masked the terrified expression she wore. She'd been up late at night, worrying about her first day. Darcy was very supportive, just like she always was, but Alki had a feeling that she didn't quite understand her worries. She probably wasn't going to know anyone in the class, aside from Osiris, and... what if she disappointed the teacher? Things could so wrong, in so many different ways! But she also wanted to stop being stupid... and that was what school was for. The jigglypuff managed a smile that resembled more a grimace of pain as she walked into the school and made her way to her class. The jigglypuff averted her gaze from everyone and sat as far back into the class as she could. She placed her bag on the desk in front of her, and hid behind it, only her ears, the swirl on her head, and the very top of her eyes showing to an outside observer. Once she felt adequately hidden, the jigglypuff's expression returned to the fear that she had worn previously.

Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

Poké : 3747

PostSubject: Re: [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I   [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I EmptyTue Jun 25, 2019 4:46 pm

Going to class was an interesting experience. Yigo was learning a few tricks and tactics, much like he used to do with his mother. This time he was not alone, meeting many other students willing to learn as much as he did. One he easily remembered was the serpent-like Osiris or the fiery canine Opal. Of course, there was the remarkable teacher whom he had the luck to have met before, making the interaction more friendly than awkward. But that was part of the Battling major as they called it. This class was part if something new which felt more suited to the young Sandshrew. New teacher, new students, new subjects probably suited for an illiterate Pokémon who only had life to teach him for a great while. He was someone who could really make use of those essential skills, especially those coming from a town teacher and not a tribesmon or a warrior.

Overall, Yigo's hopes were pretty high. Knowing that the teachers were always open for after class questions if the class wasn't enough calmed the kid. That might balance the lack of experience after all. He made his way to the Peak Academy building but, instead of turning to the sparring grounds as he usually did for the battling classes, he had to get to one of the rooms inside the building. Wearing his worn-out pink Trap Scarf and a belt across his chest with a bag containing some coin and a very special stone he made his way into the pavilion.

The Sandshrew wasn't the first one to arrive, as usual, and assumed by the position of the Turtwig he moved over to the low table, walking on all fours as he usually does. He sat on the closer end of the table and next to the grass type, undid his belt and dropped it all onto the floor by beside him. Sitting on his hindquarters, he looked around to notice a few things about the place. First of all, the blackboard had a very neat picture of a Fennekin! Seeing how one of them was sitting down next to said blackboard it was probably a reference to her. Did that mean that she was the teacher? There was no way he could know any other information aside from the context as the Sandshrew was unable to read.

Behind him, there were piles of wood at the side of some pits. What were those for? What did they have to do with food? Was that particular wood good to eat?  This class would surely prove interesting. Looking to his side, there was his soon to be classmate "Hey! Uhm... You are studying here too... Right?" His voice was a bit shy, a bit nervous too. These were all new Pokémon after all and Pokémon skills were not part of his skillset "My name is Yigo... pleased to meet you" after which he offered his paw to the grass type.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I   [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 12:06 am

As the second of her three students arrived, Mille turned back and finished doodling two little oran berries in the corner of her blackboard, giving them a few moments to settle before she called them to attention for class to begin.

"Good morning everyone and welcome to Essential Skills!" Mille smiled warmly, hopping down from her perch on the tree stump but absently leaving the piece of chalk she'd been drawing with hovering in the air with psychic power.

"I'm Mille and i'll be your teacher for this subject, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me! I'll be happy to answer them!" The fennekin glanced over each to student in turn as she introduced herself. The only one of the trio that she had met previously was Alki, who seemed to be attempting to hide from view behind the low tables she'd set up. She wasn't the only nervous one though, as both the Turtwig and the Sandshrew seemed a little fidgety as they settled into their seats.

Deciding that it would be best for the four of them to get to know each other a little first, Mille paused very briefly, scratching at her chin with one paw as she tried to figure out a way to help her three students feel comfortable in the new environment. Perhaps a small ice breaker to begin with?
"Since it's our first class together, I think it would be nice if we could all introduce ourselves. If you want, you could also share a small fact or something interesting about yourself!"

"I'll go first! As I said before, my name is Mille," she smiled brightly as she introduced herself for the second time, "Some of you may know me already, but I enjoy cooking and I run a pancake stall in Grassveil Town Square. If any of you are ever around, feel free to stop by and I'll cook you up something tasty!"

"Would anyone like to go next?"
Back to top Go down
Arestortle

Arestortle

PostSubject: Re: [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I   [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I EmptySun Jun 30, 2019 1:30 am

Being an easily excitable Pokemon, Powar was the first to raise a foot to the air. If he wasn't naturally quadrupedal, he'd probably be falling over by now, and he almost did anyway. He lowered his foot to regain his balance, and then spoke in a clear tone with high energy. "I can take the next turn. I'm Powar, nice to meet you all. I don't know any of you yet, but I hope to make friends that will last, maybe even beyond class and the Academy." He takes another deep breath of air, and sits down on his hind legs. Maybe he went too far with trying to make friends with everyone from the get-go, but that wasn't something he needed to worry about. If I can make one friend today, it would be a success, even if it didn't merit Merits. Speaking of... He turns over to Yigo, and whispers, "Nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I   [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 6:41 pm

Just when the Yigo had started talking to that Turtwig, the fire type had finished drawing on the piece of black wall. She had turned to them and began issuing an introduction. As imagined, the Pokémon drawn and the one giving the introduction was the teacher, welcoming them all to the Essential Skills class. Furthermore, she gave some information about herself all while encouraging the others to do the same.

Apparently she was a merchant with a stand in Grassveil. Maybe Yigo has seen her before and she has met him but his memory was not the greatest, especially if what those 'pancakes' she offers are sweet as sweet flavours don't entice the ground type at all. Still, any new source of free food was good to know about. He'd better make good friends of this Fennekin if he plans to enjoy that resource. Beggers can't be choosers.

When she finished and asked around for anyone else that would like to introduce themselves, Yigo felt surprised about how fast his classmate raised a limb. This was Powar, someone that seemed to have some intentions of making a friend out of those in class. That would surely mean just the teacher and Yigo himself, right? Once he was down to his hind quarters and replied his previous greeting. Yigo smiled, with a bit more ease this time around "What you said was quite nice" he compimented the efforts of the grass type. Maybe he could be someone who would stick around in town and play with him when they are in town "Now is my turn, right?" He still whispered back before standing on his hind legs and breathing in. "Uhm... My name is Yigo. I came to this class to learn essential skills that I don't know. I think it'd be interesting to see what that..." He pauses for a moment and looks at the lumber again "... what some food can do"

He finished the speech in an awkward note, quickly sitting down after realising that he didn't have much to say. He wasn't even clear on what food were they going to use. Yes, there was the lumber but it felt unlikely that was it. Yigo sat back down and began to sniff around hoping to get some more clues. Instead of catching the scent of berries he caught another shoothing, familiar scent. His ears peaked and his sight immediately turned to the far end of the table. Someone had been hiding.

"Alki?" He said, confused all the while his ears twitched "Oh, you are here" Yigo stood up on all fours and casually walked to her side. Needless to say, class etiquette was absent in this Sandshrew. He sat down right by her side with a very calm and neutral expression "I thought that we were only two Pokémon in this course" he said to her "Nice to see that you now have time to do interesting stuff. C'moon, it's your turn, right?" After which he simply stared at her in amusement.
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I   [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 7:40 am

Alki listened to the others introductions from behind her bag. Honestly, it was a bit silly, but the girl was hoping that she would pass undetected throughout this whole introductions deal. If she managed to accomplish that, then everything would be alright. She'd just listen in on Mille's lesson quietly, and when class ended teleport out, as quickly as possible such that no one would notice her. If she had any doubts about what she'd learned, she could just ask Mille on her own. Privately. Without the other students to listen in and make fun of her for not knowing which was probably what was going to happen anyways.

A familiar voice began to introduce himself, however, and Alki perked her ears so as to listen better. There was little doubt about it though. The cadence, the pitch and the tone, as well as the faltering introduction all served to clear any doubt in the jigglypuff's mind as to who the voice belonged to. It was Yigo. Her friend, and... Why was he here? This was a disaster. He was gonna see just how dumb she was and then he'd stop being friends with her. She didn't want that, truly, she didn't, but... that was doubtlessly in her future, if he was here. These thoughts only made the girl want to curl up even more, but shortly after his introduction finished, she heard soft footsteps approaching her. She held the bag even closer to her face, covering her eyes, but to no avail.

"Alki?" The voice asked, before sitting down besides her. She observed him from the corner of her eye, confirming that it was the sandshrew she thought it had been.

"Ahhh... Uh... H-Hi..." Alki managed to mumble, lowering the bag from her face slowly. Her eyes darted between Yigo, whom she already knew, Mille, whom she had encountered before and was now present as the teacher, in front of her, waiting. What if she did something wrong? There'd be a punishment if she did, surely... That was the only way her parents had ever taught her anything. Alki's hands fell to her side, trembling as she tried to think of the correct answer. "H-Hi..." She managed to repeat again. Her face was clearly pale, and as her gaze settled on Mille, her eyes were clearly fearful. Mille had been nothing but nice to her yet, but beginnings could be deceiving. She'd been happy with her parents at the start too, but... she supposed that they'd realized just how much of a burden she was, just how useless she was and now all Alki could think about were those facts. Introductions? She couldn't focus... The girl whimpered, quite acutely aware of how much everyone was watching her. She gave one last attempt to produce a suitable introduction, but nothing came. "I-I'm sorry..." She finally said, her gaze falling down to her lap. At least she wouldn't have to say anything anymore...
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

PostSubject: Re: [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I   [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 11:24 pm

Mille beamed brightly as Powar introduced himself. The Turtwig seemed like he would be a fun student to have around, a little more outgoing than the other members of today's class. Yigo too introduced himself without much trouble. When it came to Alki though, Mille momentarily found herself at a loss of what to do. The Jigglypuff looked, quite frankly, terrified and despite her concern, Mille tried to keep her light and friendly smile on her face as she spoke, hoping to help Alki feel more at ease.

"There is no need to apologise," she smiled, "Take your time. You don't have to speak in front of the class if you don't want to. If you want to stop and take a break, or if you're not comfortable doing something, you only have to let me know. You can call me aside, or speak to me privately. You can even leave if you want to. The same goes for everyone here. We're all here to learn and have fun, right? So if there's anything I can do to help you do that, I'd love to hear. And if you decide that this isn't for you, i'm completely fine with that too." The Fennekin flicked her tail lightly, hoping to communicate to all three of her students that they had nothing to fear from her. She may have been their teacher, but this was their class, and they were the ones who controlled their learning.
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I   [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 12:09 am

Alki had given up on herself very shortly after her screw-up. After all, first impressions were what mattered most to her, and every single time she was in a situation, every single time, she botched it. And then what? Everyone who witnessed her screw up like this would realize just how much of a monumental failure she was... Alki's ears flattened as she tried hard to force a neutral expression back onto her face. Still staring down at her feet, the jigglypuff closed her eyes, forcing herself to take deep breaths. If she cried, then it really was all over, and she'd be better off just leaving the class...

Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that Mille was the teacher, she would've been long gone already. But if she could help it... then she didn't want to be disrespectful to Mille. Even if she was upset and angry and was yelling at her, she'd stay, 'cause the Fennekin had been nice to her in the past, and she couldn't easily forget that... Mille opened her mouth and began to talk, and one of the girl's ears perked up, dreading, but at the same time, needing to know what the Fennekin thought of her now...

She prepared herself for whatever was to come, and was pleasantly surprised when... nothing much came at all, really. Forgiveness, even! She blinked a few times, lifting her gaze to observe what the other Pokemon in the room seemed like. Surprisingly... no one seemed upset with her. Maybe she was just a poor judge of character, or maybe they were still more surprised than angry, but... Mille at least, didn't seem to mind, and for the life of her, the jigglypuff couldn't figure out why.

"B-But I screwed up..." She said, the words borne more out of confusion than any actual objections to the result. This was more than she should've gotten. She paused and began to pale, shaking her head before clarifying suddenly. "N-Not that I'm c-c-complaining!" She said, followed by a nervous laugh. Truth be told, she still wasn't entirely convinced this wasn't some sort of trick... she'd been made fun of so much when she was with the other kids at the pond when she was younger, that she still wasn't entirely sure if Mille and the others weren't plotting something now that she'd shown just how dumb she was...

But even if they were... what could she do? She waved her feet slowly, her gaze flickering between the three other pokemon in the room. "I-I'm... u-uh,... I-I'm sorry, f-for that..." She said, tilting her head to the side, caution and fear still in her voice, but a bit less than there had been at first. "B-But... u-uh, what comes n-next?" She shrunk in her seat afterwards, hoping that there was nothing to justify her fears, that they really were that nice... It's not like Mille, or Yigo had been mean before, and that other Pokemon seemed nice as well...
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I   [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 12:00 am

Yigo remembered the first time he saw the Jiglipuff after she evolved. She was still a bit shy but she looked like she finally got herself to become comfortable around others. Had something happened for her to go back to being this shy? She could barely raise her voice and was even hiding behind her bag even further. Should Yigo take that as a clue? He couldn't guess. Alki was his friend. There is no way she'd be afraid of him. Yigo still remembers the first time he saw her as the 'mon she is now. That Jigglypuff was shy but she felt at home with the right pokemon around.

Yigo decided to take a look at the rest of the class to see if there was something wrong with someone. There might have been a theory in Yigo's head that maybe this teacher was someone strick and scary as he had heard from other students but... this didn't seem to be the case. Mille even talked soft and calm, assuring that they were there to learn and have fun. Alki was even receptive to the announcement as he saw her ear perk up. Then there was Powar. Yigo looked from him to Alki twice but he couldn't draw a link between the two, he couldn't see one at least. Perhaps she just needed some space, causing Yigo to return to Powar's side and keep an eye on her in a neutral mood. She admitted to having screwed up which was true but nothing like starting over to fix that or just moving on. Alki must have had the same idea since her question was aimed towards the latter "Yeah, what now? What are we going to do here?" Yigo spoke in a curious tone, eyes back at Millie in a bored state.

All of the items in the room, save for the table, seats and blackboard, were foreign to the Sandshrew yet it didn't look too impressive either. The Oran berries on the blackboard suggested something about food but... he had some trouble thinking what this class might be about.

Back to top Go down
Arestortle

Arestortle

PostSubject: Re: [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I   [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 6:43 pm

Having never met any of these Pokemon before, Powar lacked experience on them and their personal lives and trends. The Jigglypuff seemed like she was having a nervous breakdown, which was giving him anxiety as well. A few more breaths came in and out of the small body, as Powar attempted to keep his cool and high hopes alive. He'd hope also that the Jigglypuff would be able to regain her composure, not as a self-Absorbed Turtwig, but as a friend: one that cared not for first impressions, but rather for every moment afterward. Nothing would shake him from trying to befriend as many Pokemon as he could. His past was behind him, and what happens next is everything else. A nod toward the Jigglypuff was all he cared to do, not wanting to push the envelope... yet. "Well, this is Food Tech One, so I'm assuming something to do with food? Cooking? I wouldn't know for sure, this is... um..." A quick glance back at the board was in order, just to recall the name which he had forgotten in a matter of a few minutes. A few seconds pass, then he speaks again. "...Mille's class, so it's on you, Mille." Come to think of it, what was the Sandshrew's name again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I   [Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I Empty

Back to top Go down

[Essential Skills Class] Food Tech I
Page 1 of 1