Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

*slow claps*

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Lumin

Lumin

Poké : 6581

*slow claps* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *slow claps*   *slow claps* EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 4:00 pm

Well, if my repeated rebounds and returns to this site are any indication, its that this forum has large periods of inactivity due to most of its members still being in school. So until the last official day of school, I don't think we can expect another resurgence of activity. That being said, the forum has still had frequent flare ups of activity over the last 7 months.

Luckily, PMD is such an enticing concept that people are still coming back, though I suspect the site suffers from lack of new members, simply because the approval process is so complex. But that -does- weed out all but the most dedicated of writers. It's a double-edged sword, really. We have quality roleplays going, but most of them never get finished. Least in my experience anyway.

Right now I'm just in a creative block when it comes to Pokemon writing, myself. Which is why I've been inactive, but I still check in periodically. You could do the same if you want. ^^
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

*slow claps* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *slow claps*   *slow claps* EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 12:17 am

Any site that's marked us as 'dead' has absolutely no idea what qualifies as a 'dead' site, since there needs to be a lack of reoccurring people, posts, and newbies in order for it to be dead. There's been well over 10 members online within the past 24 hours, we haven't gone more than a week without any posts period, and we still get newbies incoming at least a few times a month. We're not dead, we're just not popular and small. I hope you're able to find what you need elsewhere though.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

Poké : 9308

*slow claps* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *slow claps*   *slow claps* EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 3:26 am

Ignoring the passive aggressive nature of the topic title

Ravio wrote:
I know that, which is why I said that I know you guys are not dead. I actually find it funny, but seriously though, they probably upped the requirements to be "Active" due to the amount of sites with similer to this site's population... I'm seriously unsure of how to word that properly... (the amount of posts per user on in the last 24 hours compared to the actual number of users?) I found a surprising amount of thread with groups still active but are either just as big or smaller than this site, (but waaaaay more hidden in searching, which doesn't help them)

(On a more 'meh' note, though...) You guys ARE the first 'pmd forum' on google's list. I'm surprised Your not booming in the fan-base. XD
I mean the pokemon community is going ridiculously strong! (but just not on site's you'd expect. and yea, mst wouldn't be into text-based RPing just randomly on a random site. :c )
That's how I found this site myself. Being the number one ranking on google helped hehe.
Ravio wrote:
When I figure out the difference between psmd and pmd1/2 and the like, (I really would keep the kiddish nature of pokemon but that's where I ket getting slapped, in my mind anyway.) If I get bored or something of the other sites, I'll more or less stop by and say hi... and see If I could try again. >u<;;

Getting slapped that hard after being honest with what I do really hurt... :c
After being honest about what exactly? I am lost with what this comment is referring to.

Ravio wrote:

and I gotta pipe down on text emotes...
TBH, again, I like scoldings better than judgements... but this is your place. If you got to do it again, I won't blame you. (...much... considering where im at. :l
If this is in regards to the recent bans, we are following written policy. You have been warned numerous times in the past about various rules being broken. Typically, only ONE warning is issued; however, we felt that maybe there was some miscommunications occurring and we tried to help clarify it with you. After repeated failed attempts to correct the issues, we started going through the official strikes. If you read the rules once more, you will find we have a written policy on how long bans are when they are issued through strikes.

I hope you understand that we are not trying to alienate you from the site. However, if one cannot follow the rules, action has to be taken.

-----------------
Anyways, regardless of the the reasons for your departure. I wish you the best of luck. Hope you come back to visit us again.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

*slow claps* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *slow claps*   *slow claps* EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 11:21 pm

If you would like more information on exactly what happened for your bans, please contact an administrator for that information. It will not be discussed any further in this thread.

Some of our staff have experience with the type of disability that you have mentioned. It is definitely understood that your disability has almost no effect on ones written communication if the writer stopped to review their own message.

I will say though, having any disability is no excuse for not following the rules. If anything, contacting a staff member privately and mentioning that you may have difficulty with something due to a disability would have helped you in the long run before all this nonsense had happened.

For example, if you had informed staff about your particular disability before you began participating on the site fully; we could have provided at least some assistance for you.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

*slow claps* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *slow claps*   *slow claps* EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 12:23 am

Alright, this is just sad. For anyone who's curious, Yooka constantly neglects to follow the rules and provokes staff members whenever he doesn't get his way, and he is conscious of all of it. He has Asperger's and blames it for all the "misunderstandings," as he calls them; and for the record, that specific disorder is not a valid excuse for this kind of behavior at all, but even if it were, we still couldn't allow someone to go around doing whatever they want. He ignores the rules and acts as if they don't apply to him, then makes excuses and gets aggressive and immature when he gets in trouble for it. He's leaving because his next ban is permanent and he doesn't want to behave, and I can't imagine he'll find a place lenient enough for him not to get banned there too, let alone one that's worth going to. He is not a victim or a pity case, and I'm sure he understands all of this, but I want to make sure anyone reading this thread understands as well. The post he mentioned being deleted was one in which he was openly expressing his negligence to the site's rules and simply stating his constant rule-breaking as a matter of "preference," as if following the written rules and listening to the admins is optional. He then encouraged other people to act the same way, and after his long list of offenses, that's where the line finally had to be drawn.

He's honestly been given far more chances than anyone is supposed to get, and he met the requirements for a ban a long time ago. We all tried to help him time and time again, but he just doesn't seem to care.

Sorry, couldn't stand watching everyone so scared to really say anything here. The only thing stopping him from staying out of trouble is that he can't handle the word "no." I don't know if he seriously doesn't care or just has no idea what it means, but that doesn't change that he causes too many problems to keep track of and outright refuses to behave. We can't let that kind of behavior go just because he has a disorder and wants to blame everything on it. Again, even if it were true that there's something seriously wrong with him that makes him incapable of behaving (and it's not), we can't make someone exempt from the rules and let them literally do whatever they want and act however they want. There's no world where that would be fair.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

*slow claps* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *slow claps*   *slow claps* EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 2:57 am

I actually find Lord E V's response to be 100% accurate and true. As I have said in my last post, you should have mentioned the issue earlier so that we could have better assisted you with any miscommunications. However, you failed to do so and have now paid the cost of that mistake.
You are extremely fortunate that you have not been permanently banned already.

Now regarding what I meant by messaging me in pm about the bans. Technically, EV had struck the main point of the matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

*slow claps* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *slow claps*   *slow claps* Empty

Back to top Go down

*slow claps*
Page 1 of 1