Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Im doing it anyway. X3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

Im doing it anyway. X3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im doing it anyway. X3   Im doing it anyway. X3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 12:24 pm

Could you please format this so its easier to read?
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

PostSubject: Re: Im doing it anyway. X3   Im doing it anyway. X3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 7:40 pm

All I can really clearly understand out of this is the bit about you viewing the special stats as connected to the mind, so that's what I'm going to focus on.

To directly quote you:

Yooka wrote:
Special attack to me is 'mental' 'power' or the cliche "my mind can bend spoOoOoOoOons and I'm better at debates". Special defence is 'mental' 'toughness' or the not-so-cliche "well, I can handle that psychic power and I can understand whats going on better."

The "special" stats are in no way tied to the mind.  Specific moves are tied to mental power, and some of those moves are actually physical; psychic type moves (and pokémon) in specific are generally very mentally themed, regardless of whether they're special or physical.  Special attack and special defense have absolutely nothing to do with the mind - at least not innately - as is supported in the games, manga and even the anime.  The only real evidence to the contrary is that some pokémon with high special attack are relatively intelligent, but there are also plenty of cases that contradict this.  The special stats are more like magical power if anything.

TL;DR the processes of the mind have nothing to do with special attack nor special defense (innately).  This isn't even up for debate, as all mediums of Pokémon make it pretty clear that the "special" stats are not innately connected with the mind in any way; they're more like classic magic power than mind power.

That doesn't mean your item couldn't work (though I'm not entirely sure what you were even trying to describe there).  It just means you can't justify heightened mental traits through heightened special attack/special defense.  But regardless, as I've already told you, the final cursed items were decided on a considerable time ago.  More aren't likely to be brought into the site, and if they were, it's unlikely that non-staff members would be allowed to help develop them due to the complex nature of the concept.  Of course, given I'm not in an administrative position, this is just my best guess as to how the people in charge of this kind of thing would respond.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Im doing it anyway. X3   Im doing it anyway. X3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Im doing it anyway. X3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Getting Started :: Help and Feedback :: Suggestions and General Feedback-
Jump to: