Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready

Go down 
+2
Bronze
Badger
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Badger
Record Checker
Badger

Poké : 205

Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready Empty
PostSubject: Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready   Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 7:02 am

Yes, I know that someone made a post about D&D before, but I don't think that went very far. Now my proposition is a bit different. I've got a few years of experience with the game itself, and I'm one of those people who reads the rulebooks cover to cover, so I'm competent enough to run a game (I think).

I've DMed a game once before—it failed miserably but that's because of two things. 1) 4E SUCKS. 2) All my notes and prep got wiped.

BUT THIS TIME IS DIFFERENT BECAUSE I'VE GOT BACKUPS AND IT WILL BE 5E AND 5E IS BEST E.

So I'm currently looking for people interested in potentially playing some D&D. I'll be blunt and state honestly I'd prefer people who have never played before, played only a little, or who haven't played 5E specifically before. (The less you know initially the smarter I feel and the higher my confidence which is good for everyone involved).

Now here's the list of things that will weed out the weak.

The game will be biweekly (biweekly as in every OTHER week, not twice EVERY week—that would be insane). If you can't make biweekly games often then I'm sorry, I am unwilling to adjust the game to make up for absences occurring all the time. Also, my timezone is US Central (AKA USA/Chicago) AKA GMT -5 (Because daylight savings time) AKA I live in Tennessee which is a state in the US look it up on a map. If you can't figure out what time it is for me right now then I give up. Ideally, we will work out a consistent schedule. Preferably, the game will fall on Saturday or Sunday. Potentially, if someone is on a very different timezone (Like those in the UK) a game scheduled to start at 8 my time would start in early evening for our UK friends, so timezones aren't necessarily a problem unless scheduling for those with very different time zones because inconvenient for the majority of the group. (A normal D&D session can be 3-5 hours, we can fix this to a set time when we get to working out scheduling.)

There will be voice chat. Via Discord (Not the sites Discord). If you're unwilling to speak, then I'm sorry. I don't do text in a realtime game.

Yes, the game is realtime—I've seen forum-based D&D games start before. I've never seen one end. They die quickly and are unimmersive (That's a word) to the point that it's not really entertaining.

Now be aware, you don't need to go out and buy any books or such. I've got everything a player will need to know about playing the game, and I intend it to be very newbie friendly.

We will be using the online virtual table top Roll20. It's free and it's diverse (once to a fault but thanks to the community and Wizard of the Coast (the makers of D&D) it handles 5E wonderfully).

This post is just to gauge interest—I've seen people talk about it in chat a bit, and I'd be happy to bring people into the world of D&D—but even if you're all game and are able to do all the obove, it doesn't mean you're just in. I have a friend from my original D&D group who is already in, so I'll be looking for four other players. If I don't mean that quota here I have other sources to get players, but I figured since the interest exists here and this is the easiest place to find newbies, I'd check here first. The maximum number of players will be 6. One of those is already taken. Another is reserved until further notice. That means there are 4 (FOUR) open slots that any of you who meet the requirements may be able to get into one of those 4 spaces.

TL;DR: Go back and read the post or you get NOTHING.

Sincerely, everyone's favourite member of the mustelidae family,

—Badger <3
Back to top Go down
Bronze

Bronze

Poké : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready   Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 3:53 pm

Brrrrroooooo. Badger. My good-at-finding friend. I have never played D&D and I'm one timezone behind you (-6) (except i have dst so starting in November I'm -7 but whocares). I AM READY< THOUGH MY BODY MAY NOT BE.
Back to top Go down
Jitter

Poké : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready   Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 7:10 am

I've always been interested in D&D but have never had the opportunity to play. If you are still looking for players it would be cool if you could include me I would love to try it out. Our times are pretty close yours being 2 hours ahead of mine.
Back to top Go down
Nevermore

Nevermore

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready   Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 7:18 am

I might be interested, hit me up.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready   Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 8:36 pm

Alright, assuming you all are cool on the requirements, I'll be PMing you all a link to the discord server and we can chat there about the further details of the game. Discord's text chat is much more quick and convenient for discussion then forums. Expect to see the join link in your PMs soon. Make sure you've got discord installed and an account setup.
Back to top Go down
Suds

Suds

Poké : 1180

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready   Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 9:11 pm

Ay, I would love to do this because I've always wanted to play DnD but I've never gotten the chance to. That, and I have no money to get it myself.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready   Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 10:55 pm

5E may be best E, but y'know what's better than every E?

D. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I don't actually want to play. I just wanted to say that.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready   Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 11:01 pm

Sova wins DnD everyone else can go home now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready   Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready Empty

Back to top Go down

Dungeons & Dragons - The Game is Ready
Page 1 of 1