Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Hello, almighty waffles!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hyacinthum

Hyacinthum

Poké : 80

Hello, almighty waffles! Empty
PostSubject: Hello, almighty waffles!   Hello, almighty waffles! EmptyMon May 16, 2016 6:58 pm

Hello, nice to be here! I thought i'd introduce myself while I wait for my character to be approved. It's nice to be here, and I hope to have fun!

I do have one worry though; I have been roleplaying in different sites before, and I have been very limited in my post length. Because of this, I might struggle to meet the 100 word minimum. My brother previously explained it in the chat I believe.

Anyway, it would be nice to begin roleplaying soon!
Back to top Go down
Evana

Evana

Poké : 7570

PostSubject: Re: Hello, almighty waffles!   Hello, almighty waffles! EmptyMon May 16, 2016 7:33 pm

Hey there. I already heard from Gengar that you were rather intimidated by the posting requirements. You don't have to worry too much. 100 words actually isn't as much as you think. It will be rather easy to get to 100 words once you are used to it. How could you end up with 100 words? Here are some tips.

1 )You could get a word count tool in some browsers. It is really helpful. It can tell you exactly how many words you have. If not, on average, try to get 6-7 lines of text at minimum while writing your post. When previewing it is of course less, like 4-5 lines.

2) If you don't know what to write, you could try to write about the environment, the weather, the feelings and thoughts of your character,....

3) You could also use a part of the post before you. You could react to parts of it, literally copy what someone says in the right situation, make a summary of what happened,...

4) If your character is asleep, you could control the wild Pokemon, if there are any. If not, it might be a good idea for your character to be dreaming. If your character is stuck in a place with nobody else around, you could give them a flashback or so.

There is really a lot you can do. 100 words really isn't a lot. Just try yo be creative. Anyway, Welcome to the site and I hope you will enjoy your time with us.

Last edited by Evana on Mon May 16, 2016 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hyacinthum

Hyacinthum

PostSubject: Re: Hello, almighty waffles!   Hello, almighty waffles! EmptyMon May 16, 2016 7:38 pm

Alright, thanks! I'm sure this will help a lot. On previous sites I usually only had the room to specifically say what they were doing. So I think this is mostly just new to me.
Back to top Go down
Gengarzilla

Gengarzilla

Poké : 4020

PostSubject: Re: Hello, almighty waffles!   Hello, almighty waffles! EmptyMon May 16, 2016 7:49 pm

Yeah, I remember feeling a little daunted at first by the thought of 100 words but I'd been able to get broken into the site after a few posts. All part of the transition, man.

I've been using a website for my word counter so far, over here.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinthum

Hyacinthum

PostSubject: Re: Hello, almighty waffles!   Hello, almighty waffles! EmptyMon May 16, 2016 7:50 pm

Oh? Perhaps you could show me this website? ^^
Back to top Go down
Gengarzilla

Gengarzilla

Poké : 4020

PostSubject: Re: Hello, almighty waffles!   Hello, almighty waffles! EmptyMon May 16, 2016 7:54 pm

Click the link that says "here", silly. :p
Back to top Go down
Hyacinthum

Hyacinthum

PostSubject: Re: Hello, almighty waffles!   Hello, almighty waffles! EmptyMon May 16, 2016 7:58 pm

Text colour = hard to read hyperlinks. Got it. xD
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

Poké : 9308

PostSubject: Re: Hello, almighty waffles!   Hello, almighty waffles! EmptyMon May 16, 2016 10:34 pm

Welcome to the site!
Sorry for the late welcome. Beeeeeeen pretty busy lately. Research papers and all for college.

If you ever see me in the chatbox... you may notice right away I love playing in the chatbox.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, almighty waffles!   Hello, almighty waffles! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello, almighty waffles!
Page 1 of 1