Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dediles

Dediles

Poké : 4120

On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.   On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 7:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Sorren was bored when the Scyther had come into the guild. Chie was off doing something and Sorren wanted to work on getting the team's rank up. when the big bug had come Sorren made a deal involving doing a job on the way.

The two entered into the dark forest, a solitary beam of sunlight making it through the canopy. The Forrest was alive with cries of distant Pokemon and the smell of vegetation.

"uh, so..." Sorren began, awkwardly "Uh right We should be able to find this Leavanny without taking too much more time than going through normally. in any event I hope you are prepared to help me fight. Oh, and the name's Sorren, I don't believe we've had time to introduce ourselves."

[Enter doungeon -10]
[E:23]
Misson taken:
A long held grudge
Back to top Go down
http://dediles.deviantart.com/

AuthorMessage
Silver

Silver

Poké : 6040

PostSubject: Re: On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.   On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 10:49 pm

Zorre nodded absently, only half-way listening to Sorren's words. There was a prickly feeling on the back of his neck, like someone was watching him. He turned his head left and right, eyes darting back and forth along the bushes, sure that something was about to jump out at them.

His instincts were proven right when the bushes to their right shook, and a paras skittered out from between the branches. Zorre glared at it, suspecting that it wasn't the only pokemon. He was once again proven right when a slakoth dropped out of a tree branch... right on to his head! He yelled in surprise, wings buzzing madly and his scythes flailing as he attempted to shake the pokemon off. The slakoth had a surprisingly strong grip, and clung to his face with dull, curved claws.

"OFF!" he shouted, trying to slash at the slakoth, but he was wary of getting anywhere close to his head with his scythes.
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.   On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 11:23 pm

Sorren stood for a few seconds thinking up a plan. he couldn't risk using fire on the Slakoth, but he still needed to get dislodged. it was more resting on Zorre's face than actively hanging on. What a lazy attack. the paras needed to be dealt with as well.

Zorre was in between him and the parras, which was probably their biggest problem if left alone, the amount of status ailments those spores could give was maddening. eventually Sorren came up with a three part plan.

Part one: Kick Zorre's legs out from under him. Part two: double kick the Slackoth off Zorre's face, using gravity as leverage. Part three: Use The scyther's face as a springboard to face the Paras and Slackoth while Zore recovered his senses.

Part one was no problem with Zorre panicking. part two posed some difficulty, as sorren had to act quickly and he wasn't able to knock the Slackoth into the Paras. During this step he also received a few cuts from The flailing scyther. the final step was executed flawlessly, and probably gave the mantis pokemon a headache.

"Ok Zorre quick recap, I knocked you down, kicked the Slackoth off your face and am battling both it and the Paras. when you feel better feel free to join in." Sorren said, pretty sure that Zorre had no idea what had just happened.

Sorren began trading blows with the Slackoth, who was surprisingly fast, as well as fending off the Paras with ember. once Zorre had gotten back on his feet they could each handle one.
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.   On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 12:52 am

Zorre lay on the ground in bemusement, blinking up at Sorren, wondering why the combusken thought that he had to narrate his actions to him when they hadn't been all that confusing. He rolled over and pushed himself to his feet, wincing as he noticed a few scratches on Sorren's face from where his flailing scythes had cut the fire-type.

Zorre buzzed his wings angrily, flashing to the paras' side and slashing with his scythes, seeing as how the slakoth and Sorren were going at it. The paras hissed at him and sprayed some spores into the air at him. Zorre's eyes widened and he attempted to back up quickly, not wanting to get poisoned or paralyzed. But he had been too late; he could feel the slowing of his limbs, and he trembled with small shivers as paralysis took over him. He had no choice but to stand in place as the paras crawled toward him, a gleam in its eye that Zorre had a very bad feeling about.
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.   On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 1:28 am

"Dangit, this is what I was afraid of!" Sorren exclaimed.

using double kick to bunt the Slakoth out of the way he rushed towards the paras and used his flaming claw technique from before. It did some damage, but it mostly just got the attention of the mushroom bug. Sorren knew about the effect spore paras had, and hoped he didn't get anything.

Luckily for him he did not. The slakoth came back and started slashing at sorren, which he intercepted with kicks. he turned his head to blast the paras every now and then, it was mostly a battle of rather awkward attrition. eventually they were both knocked out, but not without significant effort from Sorren.

He picked up the items the pokemon were holding and put them in his bag before stuffing the cheri berry in Zorre's face. "Let's get moving."
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.   On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 1:40 am

Zorre watched with fascination as Sorren took out the enemies. He was so much stronger than he was! Zorre grunted a little when Sorren stuffed the cheri berry into his face, and he rolled his eyes as the juice dripped into his mouth from the squashed berry on his nose. He shook the paralysis from his limbs, sliding the cheri berry into his mouth and chewing. He hoped that Sorren wasn't too angry with him for being so useless.

He looked after the combusken, who was continuing along the path. He wondered if he had anything in his bag to make up for the lost cheri berry. He shrugged the bag off his shoulders and peered inside it, forgetting that Sorren was still walking away. He noticed an oran berry in his bag and he lifted it up gingerly, not wanting to cut the berry and rid it of any use. He looked back up to the path, only to realize that Sorren had disappeared. His shoulders slumped. How had the combusken moved so fast?! He quickly placed the oran berry inside his bag and slung it over his shoulder again. He hurried down the path, looking for the quick-moving combusken.
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.   On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 2:03 am

Sorren was so embarrased. he was basicly punching a slakoth in the nose for five minutes. That battle could hardly even be called one. and Zorre was frozen staring at him. He must have look like such a looser. Sorren was happy that Zorre was behind him or he would see the bright red of his cheeks.

wait. was he still there? crud. sorren facepalmed. this wasn't the smoothest mission. He needed to find Zorre. Scyther can't fly for long so he wouldn't fly up in the air to look for him. Sorren wished he ha- oh there he is.

"Yo Zorre over here!" Sorren yelled, waving his arm. "Was the cheri berry bad? are you ok?"

[Woops forgot this: new page +1 energy]
[Rolls -7]
[E:17]
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.   On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 6:37 am

Zorre cursed to himself, looking around the dark forest. How had he lost his companion like this? If there was one thing he knew, it was that wandering around in Mystery Dungeons without a partner was a dangerous thing, especially when one was a non-feral pokemon.

Zorre then sighed in relief when he saw the combusken hurrying back towards him. "Fine, am I. Berry of Oran, loss of Cheri for?" he offered to the fire type, prepared to get out his bag again and get out the oran berry.

(Haha, ooops. i forgot too.)

Energy: 12 - 4 (defense scarf) = 8 + 1 (page) = 9 Energy
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.   On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 7:34 pm

"Did i lose a cheri berry for an oran? no that doesn't make sense. maybe if say it backwards. for cherri loss OH! you want to replace the cheri berry with an oran. no thanks. I mean It would have just taken up space in the bag until someone used it." Sorren said, having trouble deciphering Zorre's speech. "Sorry I didn't understand the first time."

Sorren started moving forward again, making sure Zorre was behind him. They were about halfway through the forest by now. If they kept the pace up they should run into leavanny before soon. Sorren needed to think of a strategy. they were two melee type pokemon, sorren had his ember, but that was a relatively weak fire attack, and often used in close range anyway.

"Zorre, what is your ability and moveset?" Sorren asked. "I have blaze, powers up my attacks when I'm close to my limit, I have ember, scratch, focus energy and double kick."
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.   On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 7:47 pm

Zorre's cheeks flooded with heat, darker green splotching across his face as Sorren had trouble deciphering his words. He had practically taught himself to speak non-feral tongue, and he often had a hard time placing the words in the correct order. He had also heard of this thing called 'writing' but the meaning behind it completely escaped his understanding.

"Zorre, what is your ability and moveset?" Sorren asked after a while of them moving through the forest. "I have blaze, powers up my attacks when I'm close to my limit, I have ember, scratch, focus energy and double kick."

Zorre blinked at Sorren, wondering what on earth he was talking about. Moveset? Ability? He had many abilities- the ability to hunt, the ability to sneak around without others noticing him, the ability to talk to feral pokemon... But something told him that wasn't what Sorren meant. Blaze... didn't all fire pokemon blaze? They are FIRE pokemon, after all... He shook his head, confused. "Moveset? Ability? Not understand," he mumbled, embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.   On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 8:19 pm

"Ok lemme see If i can remember this off the top of my head" Sorren said, rubbing his forehead. library trips with chie had come in handy "Swarm, technician or steadfast are the possible abilities a scyther can have. I wouldn't notice the difference at your level with technician, swarm would only activate when you're really hurt and steadfast when you flinch. do you feel faster after you flinch in battle or more powerfull when you are on your last legs?"

Sorren might not be able to get the moves the scyther knew, and the ability might not be that useful to know, but he could try and abuse steadfast, or at least know that if Zorre's in a tough spot his bug moves get a boost.

Even If Zorre showed him his moves they would probably consist of mostly slashing attacks. it would be hard to pick out specific moves. then again he might have some surprises. maybe he came across a tm or a tutor. maybe he had an interesting inherited move. Sorren hadn't decided if he would try to ask.

Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.   On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 8:50 pm

Zorre turned his head sideways, looking at the combusken confusedly. He still wasn't sure what Sorren was trying to ask him. He sort of understood what the pokemon meant when he asked about becoming stronger when he was on his last legs; several of his siblings had gotten this... sort of second wind when they were close to being defeated, but he had no such second wind. He didn't really need such second wind, because he attacked quickly and with a lot more force than his siblings had. Perhaps that was what Sorren was referring to?

"Attacks... others than stronger?" he offered to the fire pokemon. He also wondered what Sorren had meant when he had mentioned 'moves'. Perhaps he meant what attacks or techniques that Zorre could perform?
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.   On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 9:14 pm

"Alright well your ability isn't that important unless it's something outstanding. as for moves, we classify certain techniques as moves as they are a constant type of attack usually learnable by multiple pokemon. for instance if i were to swipe with my claws that would just be normally attacking, but if i use scratch, my claws glow and I do more damage. now not every move is that flashy, but you get the picture" Sorren explained. "Could you show me what moves you know? It would be faster than having you try to explain them, plus I can tell you their names for future reference."

Sorren had stopped in a small clearing and leaned against a tree, awaiting the reply of Zorre's. He would try to see if he could decipher the moves of his friend. That knowledge could prove invaluable. Maybe for both of them. If Zorre was to be doing regular dungeon delving with other pokemon he should know his own moves.
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.   On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 7:49 pm

Zorre paused at Sorren's explanation, going over it in his head several times before nodding. He closed his eyes and focused all of his energy into his muscles, tensing and flexing as he did so. "Technique focus," he said to Sorren as he completed this exercise. Then he buzzed his wings quickly, sending focused slices of wind whirling around the clearing, slicing several branches off trees and flattening the grass around the two pokemon. "Foes many, quick attack," He told Sorren after the wind had settled down. "Next, strike, slash fast." He demonstrated by flickering almost out of sight, towards a tree, and slashing quickly with his scythes before backing away just as quickly, as he would to get away from an opponent who wished to strike him back. "Last, terror screech," he said, and shrieked into the air, the pitch higher than any but a bug type pokemon could hear, sending waves of sound vibration through the air. "Terror screech, family is pride. Father by me taught, father his him taught and him his father before that!" Zorre said with pride. His terror screech was not a move most scyther knew, as it was a secret family technique that had been passed down from generation to generation.
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.   On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 8:17 pm

Focus energy was way to easy to pick up, sorren already knowing that one. the next took some thinking, but Sorren finaly pinned it down as vacuum wave. quick attack was too easy, but the final attack, the final attack stumped sorren. It was a powerful sound based move of some sort, but he didn't think it was a normal type move like Uproar.

"Ok, your attacks in order are Focus energy, Vacuum wave, and Quick attack. I don't recognize the last move, but it's very powerful, and if it's inherited I might be able to find something out later if you want." Sorren said. "In any event I have a good idea of what you are capable of now. Let's get moving"

Sorren got up, uncrossed his arms, and walked further along the path. He took out his notebook and made a note about Zorre's strange move. He would talk to chie about it so he would know for future refrience.
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.   On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 3:01 pm

Zorre nodded at Sorren amicably. He wasn't sure why he needed to know what other's had named his techniques, but he supposed it might come in useful if anyone questioned him about them later. He was kind of proud that Sorren wasn't able to recognize his terror screech. That meant that it wasn't a common move, and might be unique to just his family.

Zorre trailed after the combusken as they continued making their way through the shadowy forest. Hopefully they would find the leavanny they were looking for soon, so that he could continue on his way to Monochrome Ruins. The ekans he had run into had seemed to be in a bit of a hurry.

Silver carried out 3 launched of one Shadowhue Forest :
On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 MMgUbQF , On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 HqwuLie , On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 QfHz1GB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.   On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

On the road to ruins with a pit stop at justice city.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next