Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

New Megas leaked possibly and some theories

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

New Megas leaked possibly and some theories Empty
PostSubject: New Megas leaked possibly and some theories   New Megas leaked possibly and some theories EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 1:11 pm

So the official Japanese Pokémon site apparently accidentally leaked images of Mega Shiftry and Mega Ludicolo, much like how the official Korean site leaked Mega Slowbro and Audino. This apparently happened on the 17th and as far as I've seen these leaks are not well founded due to the fact that I can't seem to find out much about them other than other sites and videos discussing them. The images do not appear to be perfect 3D models like every other Pokémon, especially Ludicolo's, who is seen using Toxic against a Whiscash, making it even more difficult to believe that these were real leaks.

If the Megas are to be believed, Mega Ludicolo gets Thick Fat and a higher Defense and Sp.Defense, making it a fairly good wall. Mega Shifty gets Protean and a higher Attack, Sp. Attack, and Speed, making it a better mixed attacker than Greninja.

However, again the most compelling argument against these leaks being real is a picture of Mega Ludicolo against Whiscash.
Picture here:

While these have yet to be confirmed, they've also yet to be unconfirmed, and there are 4 places left for Pokémon to be released before the games are. Going off the assumption that Mega Ludicolo and Shiftry are fake, that leaves us with a lot of potential candidates.

Fan favorites such as Mightyena and Flygon are obvious choices, but it's been shown that these megas are not restricted to Gen 3 Pokémon only, with mega Audino, Slowbro, and Lopunny being proof. It's quite possible other Pokémon strewn (probably not using that word correctly) about the Gens are going to be used.

I decided to take a look at the US Pokémon site and looked at what Pokémon they've talked about, and my best bet is that Mightyena is definitely going to at least have a mega, and will probably be announced before release. Other candidates are Mega Linoone, Swellow, Pelliper, and Dusktox/Beautifly from the Pokémon shown on the site. Limiting myself to four, I'd believe Mightyena, Dusktox, Beautifly, and Flygon are going to be announced, unless they decide to announce Mega/Primal Rayquaza in an oh-so-not-really-surprising-reveal just before release.

What about you guys? Do you think the two leaked megas are real?
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: New Megas leaked possibly and some theories   New Megas leaked possibly and some theories EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 4:53 pm

No, the image doesn't contain much "Shine" like the 3D models usually have and could have easily be photoshopped inside and they seem a bit too smooth while the 3D images still contain a bit of pixelation.

btw changed the title of the thread to respect those who wish to remain unspoiled in the case that this is real and will know not to click this thread.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

Poké : 860

PostSubject: Re: New Megas leaked possibly and some theories   New Megas leaked possibly and some theories EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 8:16 pm

While I do not think that Mega Ludicolo is real, I think that Mega Shifty very well may be. Whether or not this was just a lucky/educated guess is another story entirely of course. My reasoning for Mega Shiftry is rather interesting.

Two of the very first Mega Evolutions that were revealed were Mega Sableye, which was most likely because it is the version exclusive counterpart to Mega Mawile, and Mega Salamence. These two Pokémon share a very striking similarity that jumps out at me: They are both Pokémon that were used by members of the Elite Four, Phoebe and Drake respectively. And Salamence even has the benefit of being Drake's ace Pokémon. It might be possible that Phoebe's ace Pokémon could change to Sableye rather than Dusclops/Dusknoir...or that she simply uses Sableye as her Mega Evolver instead.

However, if this is the case, then the two remaining Elite Four members would be Sydney and Glacia. On top of this, I could perhaps see Mega Shiftry for Sidney (or they could simply use Mega Absol who already exists)...and Mega Walrein for Glacia.

I have my doubts that Mightyena, Linoone, or Swellow will have a Mega Evolution. I find it highly unlikely that your "Rattata/Pidgey Pokémon" of the region would get one. These Pokémon are mostly intended to be strong in the beginning of the game, but then not so strong as the game progresses. I think that they're just meant to be good Pokémon to use in the beginning, and only to be kept if you really like the Pokémon. Swellow is somewhat similar, but not quite to that extreme. I simply do not imagine that the regional bird would get a Mega form myself.

Flygon seems somewhat likely if we are getting more Mega Evolutions. But let's not forget Latios and Latias, eh? We are already well aware of the form that was found in the X and Y's data I presume? The Mega Latias/Latios that was purple in color and looked identical to one another? If there was any time for them to be revealed officially, it would be here. Dustox and Beautifly also seem like reasonable possibilities. Normally, I would be against the theory that the regional worm-like Pokémon would get a Mega Evolution, but these two are very unique in that they branch from the same Pokémon, so they're an exception.

And so, if I had to pick four Pokémon, my choices would be these:

Mega Shiftry, Mega Walrein, Mega Latios and Mega Latias.

Or, I'm willing to give up Mega Shiftry and combine the Mega Eon Pokémon since they seem to share the same appearance and leave room for Mega Dustox and Beautifly.... But I also might want to include Mega Flygon. So, if I combine the Eon Pokémon and drop Shiftry, then I can do this:

Mega Walrein, Mega Latios/Latias, Mega Flygon, Mega Dusknoir

I say Mega Dusknoir not only because of Phoebe but specifically because Banette already has one and, while not version exclusive, they are version counterparts to one another.
Back to top Go down
http://pkmndn2.proboards.com/
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: New Megas leaked possibly and some theories   New Megas leaked possibly and some theories EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 5:58 am

It's actually been confirmed that the Elite four will not use any megas in the game. There's also more evidence towards mega linoone thanks to pictures shown of the demo coming out soon. It shows a picture of Linoone and Slakoth, and makes a reference to Makuhita, and since Nintendo and the Pokémon company have a love for leaving clues, Linoone, Slaking, and Hariyama may get megas. Also Latios/Latias are considered X/Y releases, or they would have already taken up spots on the Japan Pokémon site's little box at the bottom, which they have not. Plus they were leaked well before the announcement for ORAS, making it a kinda dick move to just slap them on there when we've known about them longer than the games.

Since Zigzagoon and Linoone have appeared in several places so far, I believe they have the best bet of getting their own mega evolution. However it's also possible that they may just get a normal evolution. It's not unheard of, and just cause there's a new evolution about that doesn't mean normal evolutions should be counted as never happening.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: New Megas leaked possibly and some theories   New Megas leaked possibly and some theories EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 6:34 am

I doubt they would release normal evolutions now, I don't think they would release normal evolutions in the remake of an old generation in a new one. They didn't with Fire/Leaf and Soul/Heart
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: New Megas leaked possibly and some theories   New Megas leaked possibly and some theories EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 11:58 am

Eh, true, but who knows? They did kinda throw us a curve ball with Mega Evolutions so they might decide to add new Evolutions for Gen 6, it does have an insanely small Pokedex even with all the Megas it's added, so adding more Evolutions to some Gen 3 Pokemon could help.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: New Megas leaked possibly and some theories   New Megas leaked possibly and some theories EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 7:03 pm

If they add new normal evolutions then its likely that ORAS wont be compatible with X/Y, meaning you can transfer pokemon but you can't battle with it. The "new evolutions" that might be there would have been discovered in x/y already either through legitimate means or hacking the code like those on the internet have done to fish out Diance, Volcanion, and Hoopa along with the different floette and the mega latis. When they performed the remake for soul and heart, along with fire/leaf, they made them compatible with their matching gen games. I don't think they would do it different for ORAS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Megas leaked possibly and some theories   New Megas leaked possibly and some theories Empty

Back to top Go down

New Megas leaked possibly and some theories
Page 1 of 1