Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Possible Future Internet Problems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

Possible Future Internet Problems Empty
PostSubject: Possible Future Internet Problems   Possible Future Internet Problems EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 8:42 am

So some of you know the recent bit of unrest I've had due to the ever so lovely adware I somehow got shoved into my computer's nether files and had difficulty getting rid of thanks to my computer not recognizing me as the admin of it.

Well despite the last of it being destroyed on the 17th thanks to my wonderfully techno-whispering friend... it somehow returned... with much more dangerous looking buddies known as PUPs. These 6 bastards snuck onto my computer between the 17th and today when my SUPERantispyware (that's its actual name, spelling and all) did a scheduled scan. That brings up a problem... the only sites I've gone to (as in typed in myself) are: Youtube, the Yogscast site, the Roosterteeth site, this site, Imgur, my fucking bank..., Yahoo, Google (for calculations), and one a chat site I've already checked.

This, of course, leaves sites some of you have linked on Skype and the chat. I've little idea on if my computer will be able to remove them, so depending on the next few days, which'll be full of me scanning my computer over and over again, I may or may not update this thread on they're successful removal.

I highly encourage all of you to download SUPERantispyware and Malwarebytes (links are below in the order you should run them) and run them in order to check your computer for these malicious programs and remove them. I don't mean to cause undue alarm, but since nobody has said a word of they're computer warning them of the sites they've linked/clicked, I'm going to assume nobody's computer has warned them and they might be infected. These programs are not something to ignore. They are known to download with large amounts of software that could cause massive amounts of damage to your computer.

SUPERantispyware Download

Malwarebytes Download
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: Possible Future Internet Problems   Possible Future Internet Problems EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 3:13 pm

Just going to say that if it was one of those sites then how come you're the only one having problems? For all we know you're witholding certain websites that you've forgotten about or would rather not admit you go to. Hell it could even be having downloaded the wrong thing in minecraft for a mod and that caused it and you just don't know it. :/
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

PostSubject: Re: Possible Future Internet Problems   Possible Future Internet Problems EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 9:21 pm

The reason why I know it's one of those sites is because I've been super paranoid and have kept track of every site I've gone to excluding the ones I look at from Skype or the chatbox. I have withheld a single site because unlike here it does not have a PG-13 rule and that leads to a lot of dumbasses doing dumbass things that I cannot stop because they are still within the rules to do them. Also I haven't played Minecraft within that time or done anything related to Minecraft. Same with Robocraft, Reus, and pretty much every other Steam game I play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Future Internet Problems   Possible Future Internet Problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible Future Internet Problems
Page 1 of 1