Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Cry's Review #2: Eye See What You Did There

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Crytic

Crytic

Poké : 0

Cry's Review #2: Eye See What You Did There Empty
PostSubject: Cry's Review #2: Eye See What You Did There   Cry's Review #2: Eye See What You Did There EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 12:39 am

Cry's Review #2: Eye See What You Did There Medievil_cover

So, for all you Playstation All-Star players out there, I bet you have wondered. Who is that Daniel skeleton guy? What game did he come from? Well, would you be surprised that he stared in not one, but two titles? His debut game was Medieval and I'm here to tell you all about it!

Story

Medieval is the standard "Good Knight vs Evil Wizard" story, with a little twist. Our hero, Sir Daniel Fortesque, is actually dead. Zarok, our evil villain, uses his power to take the souls of the living and revive those who are dead. Unwittingly, he has also brought back Daniel whom history says defeated him once before. You play as this one eyed skeleton knight to stop Zarok once more from taking over the land of Gallowmere. However, our hero Daniel isn't all he says he is.

Though history says Daniel led his army to victory and killed Zarok before succumbing to his wounds, in reality he was struck down by an arrow to the left eye in the very first charge. The King of Gallowmere was the one responsible for covering up the true story and spreading the false one. Why? I can't fathom. I'd go onto a rant of why that made no sense, but let's skip that. Zarok was really just forced into hiding and came back 100 years later for his revenge. Now Daniel has a chance to truly be the hero history says he is. To save Gallowmere by defeating the evil Zarok. If he does this, he may earn his spot in the legendary Hall of Heroes!

Gameplay

This action/adventure game will keep you busy and entertained for a good chunk of time. You'll travel through Gallowmere in several levels, taking down zombies, demons, and much more varieties of enemies. Throughout the game you will find gargoyles of two varieties. The wise cracking green gargoyle that provides information on the story and helpful hints on how to proceed through levels and the blue gargoyle that serves as the games shop where you can buy ammo such as knives and arrows as well as services like enchantment. These two will be your only true companions as you fight your way through the levels.

Throughout the game, you will come across golden cups called Chalices of Soul. These items can only be collected if you kill enough enemies to fill it. It is definitely worth pouring time and effort into collecting each one in each level. When you collect a filled chalice, you will enter the Hall of Heroes where you can speak to one of the hero statues there to receive some help. Sometimes it is a health upgrade. Sometimes its cold hard gold. And sometimes you'll get a cool new weapon!You can receive crossbows, war hammers, spears, and much more. Visit the hall enough times and you'll even wield actual freaking lightning! And each time you visit, a ghostly statue of Daniel will slowly get more and more solid, becoming fully solid once you grab all the chalices. Do this and you unlock a secret ending when you beat the game.

The concept is simple, reminding me less of the general action/adventure games we know and more of hack and slash titles with the combat system. Though not perfect, the controls are pretty smooth and you feel responsible for each victory or mistake you make. Though the 3D platforming leaves much to be desired in certain parts of the game, though not Castlevania 64 level ridiculous. All in all, you won't have too much trouble getting used to the controls.

Presentation

For its time and today, the graphics of Medieval look decent. The scenes while playing are a bit polygonal of course, but in between levels you will see 3D scenes that look great and not polygonal at all. It really tells the back story of our hero and his nemesis despite his lack of a lower jaw, reminding me of a Crash Bandicoot plot with a deeper story. I still find it nice to look at today.

Overall Opinion

Medieval is a pretty good game, though not too hardcore. I myself can 100% the game in 2 to 3 days casually. Though the game provides some challenge, gamers young and old will be able to play and have a great time no matter if they are just playing through or collecting all those chalices. I would definitely urge those with a PS3 to buy this PSclassic over the store and give it a try. You will not be disappointed by what you pay for!

Rating

8/10

Do you have a game you want reviewed? Well post a suggestion in this thread and maybe I'll do a review for it! Old games, new games, it does not matter!
Back to top Go down
Suds

Suds

Poké : 1180

Cry's Review #2: Eye See What You Did There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cry's Review #2: Eye See What You Did There   Cry's Review #2: Eye See What You Did There EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 9:57 pm

CRY: MINECRAFT!!!!!!!! IS THAT SUTTEL ENOUGH FOR YOU? /shot
Back to top Go down

Cry's Review #2: Eye See What You Did There
Page 1 of 1