Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Srsfaic, has anyone read these books?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

Srsfaic, has anyone read these books? Empty
PostSubject: Srsfaic, has anyone read these books?   Srsfaic, has anyone read these books? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 3:28 am

Who here has read Immortal Lycanthrops by Hal Johnson or Scrawl by Mark Shulman?
Seriously.
SPEAK TO MEEEEEEEE!!!! ;A; I NEED BOOK DISCUSSIONZZZ

Have any book recommendations THAT PREFERABLY NOT MANY HAVE HEARD ABOUT.

Meaning NO i don't want twilight or mother bucking percy jackson/hunger games/game of thrones/kite runner on here.

I want a book that nobody seems to know about. Gotta give the other books a chance to shine! Try to give a short summary without spoiling the book ^^

Recommended books:
Scrawl by Mark Shulman
-Tod Munn is a bully. He’s tough, but times are even tougher. The wimps have stopped coughing up their lunch money. The administration is cracking down. Then to make things worse, Tod and his friends get busted doing something bad. Something really bad. This bully is forced to write his experience on paper. What does he have to say for himself?

Immortal Lycanthropes by Hal Johnson
-Brilliant. Just Brilliant. I loved every moment of it. Its a bit philosophical at times, and even contains a good bit of humor. If you liked animorphs or the concept of people changing into animals and vice versa, give this book a try. Not going to say much else because i'm afraid i'll spoil it. *throws book at Guest's face GO READ IT!!!!

Spook's Apprentice by Joseph Delaney
- The basic premise is about a boy, the 7th son of the 7th son who is attuned to supernatural horrors. He gets apprenticed to a man known as a Shade, people whose responsibility is to hunt, bind, or placate otherworldly entities like witches, doppelgängers, ghosts, and other horrors from causing too much harm to humanity.

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
-(Note: Ripped from site, may contain spoilers)Imagine a living prison so vast that it contains corridors and forests, cities and seas. Imagine a prisoner with no memory, who is sure he came from Outside, even though the prison has been sealed for centuries and only one man, half real, half legend, has ever escaped.
Imagine a girl in a manor house in a society where time has been forbidden, where everyone is held in a seventeenth century world run by computers, doomed to an arranged marriage that appals her, tangled in an assassination plot she both dreads and desires. One inside, one outsideBut both imprisoned.Imagine a war that has hollowed the moon, seven skullrings that contain souls, a flying ship and a wall at the world's end. Imagine the unimaginable.Imagine Incarceron.

Try Magisterium by Jeff Hirsch
Summary taken from Amazon:

Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi
Another Amazon Summary:

The Roar by Emma Clayton
Same deal as before:

Another Jekyll, Another Hyde by Daniel Nayeri, Dina Nayeri
Summary from GoodReads:

Truancy, by Isamu Fukui
I spoiled the book for me trying to get this for you guys -_-, Summary from Good Reads:

Last edited by BlueKat12 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Srsfaic, has anyone read these books?   Srsfaic, has anyone read these books? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 3:35 am

There is a series I actually enjoyed very much. It was called the Spook's Apprentice. The basic premise is about a boy, the 7th son of the 7th son who is attuned to supernatural horrors. He gets apprenticed to a man known as a Shade, people whose responsibility is to hunt, bind, or placate otherworldly entities like witches, doppelgängers, ghosts, and other horrors from causing too much harm to humanity.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Srsfaic, has anyone read these books?   Srsfaic, has anyone read these books? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 3:41 am

Author?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Srsfaic, has anyone read these books?   Srsfaic, has anyone read these books? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 4:02 am

Joseph Delaney.

Also, Incarceron by Catherine Fisher is epic as well.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Srsfaic, has anyone read these books?   Srsfaic, has anyone read these books? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 4:12 am

I put it in the book recommendations, I'll see if my library has them Spook's Apprentice seems more interesting than Incarceron, but Catherine Fisher sounds a bit familiar...like i read a book from them before...
Back to top Go down
Shadowscyther

Shadowscyther

Poké : 1500

PostSubject: Re: Srsfaic, has anyone read these books?   Srsfaic, has anyone read these books? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 11:34 pm

Try Magisterium by Jeff Hirsch
Summary taken from Amazon:

or Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi
Another Amazon Summary:

Last but not least, The Roar by Emma Clayton
Same deal as before:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Srsfaic, has anyone read these books?   Srsfaic, has anyone read these books? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 8:55 am

*Sadfaic* Why huwt Ace? Why you throw book at me?

*Touches talisman*

How dare you throw that book at me! I will have my vengeance! *Tosses everything and the kitchen sink, literally*
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Srsfaic, has anyone read these books?   Srsfaic, has anyone read these books? EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:18 am

I can't find any of the books you guys are suggesting ;A; my school library sucks |D
On the other hand, I have one serious recommendation. Like, drop what you're doing right now and get this book: Truancy, by Isamu Fukui There's a summary in the first post of it.
Read.
This.
Book.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

PostSubject: Re: Srsfaic, has anyone read these books?   Srsfaic, has anyone read these books? EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:59 am

Once I finish reading the hobbit ill give some of these books a try xD
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org

PostSubject: Re: Srsfaic, has anyone read these books?   Srsfaic, has anyone read these books? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 9:29 am

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Jam by Yahtzee Croshaw
Erased by Nick Gifford
City of Angles (online novel)
Haunted by Chuck Pahalniuk (WARNING: HIGHLY DISTURBING)
Those aren't well known - as far as I know, anyway. Go ahead and have fun with them.
Anyway, excuse me as I look for Immortal Lycanthropes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Srsfaic, has anyone read these books?   Srsfaic, has anyone read these books? Empty

Back to top Go down

Srsfaic, has anyone read these books?
Page 1 of 1