Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

The Nuzlocke Outbreak

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nocive

Nocive

Poké : 3100
Location : Somewhere, brooding on and on about the horrors of bleeding writing materials.

The Nuzlocke Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: The Nuzlocke Outbreak   The Nuzlocke Outbreak EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:23 am

The Lab was silent. Not a single word was spoken since Professor Carpin left the room. It didn't help how it smelled heavily of dust and rust, and how cobwebs littered the corners. The machines seemed to be old as well, but have been repaired and working.

Nyx teetered on her seat, causing the unbalanced chair to move left and right. The 10-year old was clearly bored. After a few minutes of waiting, she took out a minimized pokeball, pressing the button once to return it to normal size. She pressed it another time, causing the top of the ball to pop open and shoot out a small red light.

The red light faded, revealing a Piplup. It seemed pretty happy to be out of its ball. The pokemon walked over to his trainer's side, allowing him to be petted. It silently glanced at the other trainers, judging them with its beady eyes.

Nyx continued petting the Piplup, attempting to distract herself in the silent room.

The sound of squeaky wheels echo'd through the lab, as the Professor returned with a laboratory table. The table had a few items that were commonly used by Hoenn trainers, such as PokeNavs, extra Pokeballs, and Pokedexes.

"I'm back." The Professor said, placing the table not too far from where the trainers were seated. He walked a few steps toward them, examining each trainer carefully.

"I am, as said, Professor Cory Carpin. A Hoenn Professor. I'm sure you all are wondering why you're here." He said, not looking away from the trainers.

"Yeah we do!" Nyx interrupted

Professor Carpin raised a brow. "I prefer not to be interrupted." He said sternly, causing Nyx frown. The Professor coughed, continuing. "You all have been selected for an important mission, and I expect you all to cooperate."

The Professor walked to one of the keyboards that were included in one of the machines, pressing a few keys. One of the screens nearby lit up, showing a picture of a gigantic wall with a pedestal placed in the middle. The pedestal had 8 holes engraved on it. It was impossible to see what was behind the wall.

"This is the Grande Gate. It validates whether a trainer is qualified to set foot on the property of the Hoenn League. This gate was placed several years ago, and it is impossible for a trainer to pass this gate unless he or she has 8 badges for the pedestal. Your mission is to infiltrate the League and save Professor Chrysa, a close colleague of mine who has the cure for the outbreak." He explained. "She is our last hope, and her life is being placed upon your hands."

He looked over. "I presume that you all have your starters already, considering that you all are trainers. Makes the job easier, since there hasn't been a supply of starters for years now." He muttered, walking back to the table. "I will now be giving out some basic trainer supplies, do be patient."

General RP Stuff (Suggestions to PM or included in your post):

Pokemon Encounters:

Alright, for encounters we shall use a special 10-sided dice courtesy of SereneLittleRose. These methods may change over the course of the RP.

Here's the code:
[roll="free rp"][/ roll]

On each route, you're free to assign Pokemon to 10 numbers. A pokemon's rarity determines how many times you can assign them to a number.
ALL the Pokemon available on the route should be available. Fishing and Surfing-needed Pokemon should have a separate roll from the normal Route pokemon. We are using the Emerald-available pokemon. Oh, and if you encounter a Pokemon you already have as your first encounter, well, too bad. You can't capture it unless the original is dead.

60%-Above : Any amount for as long as all species are included
45-59% : 3 numbers maximum
30-44% : 2 numbers maximum
15-29% : 2 numbers maximum
1-14% : 1 number Only

When there is no 60% or above, just choose the Pokemon with the highest percentage to fill out the holes. The pokemon with the lowest percentage must have only 1 number. Try to give each Pokemon a fighting chance.

e.g. Route 102
1 = Ralts
2=Zigzagoon
3= Lotad
4= Poochyena
5= Wurmple
6= Lotad
7= Seedot
8= Wurmple
9 = Poochyena
10 = Zigzagoon

[roll="free rp"][/ roll]

Either way, the numbers of the dice have the same chance of being rolled. You can switch the Pokemon and the numbers all you like, just pay mind to how many times the Pokemon has been assigned.

Prize Money

So, in this RP the money you get from trainer battles can either be at Default, be cut down, or be increased. Same method as above. All bonuses must be available in roll. Also, some opponent names may be changed because of the plot and all. (xD)

DEFAULT amount = 4 numbers
2x amount = 1 number
1.5x amount = 1 number
1.3x amount = 1 number
0.7x amount = 1 number
0.6x amount = 1 number
0.5x amount = 1 number

As said, feel free to switch up the numbers as you wish, just take note that all of them must be available in your roll. The price in Pokemarts will be the same as the game, so be sure to record your money.

You're free to battle trainers, so long as they are available on the map. You cannot battle a trainer if they've already been battled by another poster.

Post Lineup
This is decided by how early you signed up.

1: Nocive
2: antonm1107
3: NuzlockeNina
4: IAmLeaf
5: SereneLittleRose
6: Sakura

If a poster is reported to have gone inactive, we will remove them from the RP and open the Sign-Up thread again unless they've said they'll come back, then we'll reserve. Sorry for the long post, I'll spoiler the post above once we move to the next page.

Last edited by Nocive on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:51 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nuzlocke Outbreak   The Nuzlocke Outbreak EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:57 am

Caleb spent the Professor's tutorial not listening at all. He yawned and un-minimized his Pokeball, sending out a small blue crocodile-like creature. Tom, the Totodile's name was. "So, when you're done talking about crap nobody cares about, do you have any cigarettes? I seem to have dropped mine when you kidnapped us." Tom stared at his trainer, only now finding out what was going on.
"Toto?" We're kidnapped? While fully aware that his trainer wouldn't completely understand his question, he at least knew that Caleb would be able to figure out what he meant.
"Yeah, I don't have any cigarettes. Sucks, I know." The Totodile shook its head in annoyance before taking the time to view its surroundings. They seemed to be in a dilapidated laboratory, of the sort that he hadn't seen since Elm's lab. He shivered; he hadn't really been outside of the basement much, and while he had always dreamt of leaving and adventuring with Caleb, now that he was finally away he couldn't help but feel a sort of homesickness. "Man, how did we get here, anyway? I don't remember much before this place." Tom glanced at his trainer worriedly when he said that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nuzlocke Outbreak   The Nuzlocke Outbreak EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Nina was a bit ticked off, Angelica being out of her pokeball and standing with her trainer. The snivy was just as annoyed as her trainer. Here they were, no idea how they got here, being asked by their kidnapper to help him. What the hell?! Nina was not letting this go by easily and she wasn't gonna keep how she felt to herself. The trainer and snivy marched right up to Professor Carpin with an angry look on her face. "First you kidnap us, then you tell us to put our Pokemon out there where they can die?! Who the hell do you think you are?! Last time I checked, kidnappers don't get to ask for favors!" She was definitely scary looking with how mad she was. "I might agree that the cure for the virus would be a good reason to do all this, but I'm not convinced you are telling the truth. I need proof that you aren't just lieing to our faces. And another thing, what kind of drug did you give us to make us forget about anything before this?!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nuzlocke Outbreak   The Nuzlocke Outbreak EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:42 pm

A girl sat in a fetal position, a small distance away from the commotion. While the others seemed to react to their kidnapping with various degrees of anger, she just wanted to hide away from what had just happened. "H-how did this happen..." she muttered, hugging her Torchic tightly as tears rolled down her cheeks, only to evaporate as they hit the pokemon's feathers. "Why me...why us?!" she whimpered. "All I w-wanted to do w-was visit a member of my f-family," her expression changed from sadness to anger. "And you expect me, expect us to-to just go with the fact that we got KIDNAPPED, and put the lives of both us and numerous pokemon on the line?!"

Keahi looked at her trainer with a pained expression. It hurt her to see her trainer like this, and it hurt her even more to look at the professor who had kidnapped her. But on the other hand, it also made her feel a pang of resolve. She wanted to accomplish this, to survive and show him that they wouldn't get broken by something like this. The flame inside her burned even stronger, evaporating the last teardrops that had found their way onto her coat.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

PostSubject: Re: The Nuzlocke Outbreak   The Nuzlocke Outbreak EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Rae sat cross legged on her chair, snuggling up to her Eevee partner. She didn't want her Pokemon to get hurt, but now they were here she was more than determined to find that cure and use it to stop the disease from spreading. There was no point sitting and crying about something that you couldn't go back on, all you could do was look forward.

Reena looked up at Rae, a worried expression on her face. Rae gave her Eevee a warm smile and attempted to comfort her.
"It'll be alright," she promised quietly.
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
Nocive

Nocive

Poké : 3100
Location : Somewhere, brooding on and on about the horrors of bleeding writing materials.

PostSubject: Re: The Nuzlocke Outbreak   The Nuzlocke Outbreak EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 11:05 pm

Nyx raised a brow. "I reeaally don't get why you guys are so angry about this. I mean seriously, going on adventures is awesome! I came to Hoenn just for that!" She said, quite determined.

The 10-year old looked over to the Professor who was being yelled at by a much older lady, who was maybe around her 20s. "HEY PROFESSOR, when do we get our trainer stuff?!" She said. Her Piplup looked over to the other pokemon as he stood next to his trainer. "Pip Piplup Pip. Pip Lup Pip Piplup. (Best of luck to you all. It will be nice working with you.)" He said, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Professor Carpin glared at the Nina. "Listen here, child. I didn't KIDNAP or even CHOOSE you. If I was given such authority, I wouldn't have chosen such a pitiful bunch. I am only doing my job. Neither I nor You have a choice in the matter, unless you wish to release your pokemon and flee like the spineless half-wits you are. Hoenn has prevented its inhabitants from escaping its territory, and it'd be a miracle if such brats like you can find a way." He spat back, seething with hatred.

The Professor grabbed the items from the table, shoving them into each trainer's hands. "As for your proof, little miss hot-head, I'm sure you'll find it eventually. Also, I'm not a part of the organization's methods with swiping memory, so you'll have to find out for yourself. If you fail to obtain a single badge before giving up, I will be forced to report you for such a failure. And if you're reported, well, let's just say it will be Game Over for you." He said, shoving the items to Nina's hands with more force than he did with the others.

He stopped, making sure that everyone had their items. 'Hm... why are there only 5 trainers? Usually they came in 6... maybe I missed someone...' He pondered. 'I'll go check later, once I get these brats out of my lab.'

"You all have your needed items now. It's still an hour before noon, so you all may want to leave and train. Your PokeNavs have a small tracking device built in, so I'd know where you are. It has a map, can record the trainers you've met, allow you to check your party's stats, and can send messages. I'll message you about dangers and miscellaneous information when nearby. For now, lay low. Trainers aren't as welcomed as they were before the ban." He explained. "Good luck. I doubt any of you will be able to hoard a single badge."

Quote :
You've just recieved a PokeNav, a Hoenn PokeDex, and 5x Pokeballs!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nuzlocke Outbreak   The Nuzlocke Outbreak EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 2:31 am

"Well, at least we get an excuse to go on an adventure, huh Tom?" The Totodile smiled uneasily at his trainer - something wasn't right about this. "Thing is, Carpin, none of us have any reason to trust you whatsoever. For all I know, you're just going to manipulate us into taking over this region yourself. None of us have any reason to trust you whatsoever; why the hell would we help you with your bullcrap mission thing?" The words lingered in the air for a few seconds as Caleb rummaged through the items given to him. "Crap, no cigarettes? Do they sell them in Pokemarts here in Hoenn?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Nuzlocke Outbreak   The Nuzlocke Outbreak Empty

Back to top Go down

The Nuzlocke Outbreak
Page 1 of 1