Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

Poké : 3747

To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder Empty
PostSubject: To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder   To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 11:15 am

The Small Pond didn't seem to be as unremarkable as the name may suggest, or so thought this wandering merchant. This Heracross was walking around with a detailed map open, full of scribbles that he may interpret as routes of various goods with a few pinned locations that he deemed as interesting.

If his map was correct, and the signposting of the area's road wasn't outdated, Darios may be upon a deal opportunity as sweet as Combee honey. Taking the paper away, he looked around to gaze upon his surroundings. The wind blew by peacefully, gently cradling leaves from trees to the grassy floor. The dirt roads, while rudimentary, added to the romanticised pastoral feel present in many of the books he's read while a flower or two just in the right places lured the eye into admiring them, drawing them, or steal them from oneself.

The sounds of younger Pokémon sing, chasing each other or splashing about in the titular pond filled the Heracross with a sense of peace. Pokémon must have gotten used to the dark clouds that have been covering the sun and sky. One can say that it is the new normality. Sitting down next to the road, the Heracross puts down his backpack so he can store his map correctly. With the signs around and what seemed like his destination in the horizon, Darios figured he didn't need any more guidance than the road ahead. Still, getting his backpack back on, he glanced up into the sky and wondered if some of these child Pokémon would even know that clouds used to be few and white and, the skies used to be blue.

With that inquiry mind, he dusted off his fine black tunic, fine in appearance, and prepared to resume his journey towards Peak Academy. With a bit of luck, it will be much more comfortable than the journey through Serene Cave. Darious could already tell that the views are much better.
Back to top Go down
SpnoranCyclone

SpnoranCyclone

Poké : 200

PostSubject: Re: To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder   To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 12:00 pm

As the Heracross wondered, a lone Chespin was leaning on a nearby rock, enjoying the shade. The grass type was also looking at a map, trying to o serve it as closely as possible. The Chespin looked intently at the circled area on the map... none other than Peak Academy.

There it was... the place that was supposed to gift him with the ability to achieve untold levels of knowledge... at least for HIS standards. Graham wasn’t exactly the brightest in the box, but more than anything, the Chespin wanted to learn. He would prove to his family that he was worth more than they thought. That he belonged.

The Chespin began to wander off, tightly gripping his hat. However, as he did, the grass type finally noticed the Heracross nearby. Perhaps this would be a good opportunity to socialize...

“Well howdy, pardner.” The grass type stated, tipping his hat to the Heracross. “What brings you round these ‘ere parts?”

Last edited by SpnoranCyclone on Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder   To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 1:23 pm

Darios's thoughts were distracted by a Pokémon approaching him from his periphery. Wondering if they were going to interact with him, the Heracross stopped and faced them. It was a Chespin who walked towards him and what caught Darios's eye out of the grass type was the hat. He was willing to pay attention to this interesting individual.

The greeting itself was very casual. Furthermore, the hat tip made the Heracross smile "Salutations" He replied, using his arm in a bowing fashion "Since you ask, I'm heading towards Peak Academy" No need explain further to this Pokémon. After all, he didn't know his intentions. While he trusted that the Chespin wouldn't be malicious, Darios imagined that business would not be part of his interests and, if he had to guess, was probably one of the kids playing around looking for a game companion. Nevertheless, he'd rather keep someone to talk to.

"Wouldn't you, by chance, be a local?" He asked, expecting the grass type to respond affirmatively "While I don't fancy childish games, your presence is appreciated"
Back to top Go down
SpnoranCyclone

SpnoranCyclone

PostSubject: Re: To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder   To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 6:14 pm

Hearing the Heracross speak, the Chespin began to grin. “Well ain’t that as lucky as a Focus Blast hittin’ a Joltic on a foggy day!” The little creature exclaimed. “That’s where I’m heading’, too! Gotta get in all that there knowledge in m’ noggin’!”

Without a second thought, the Chespin extended his paw to the beetle. “Name’s Graham, pardner. Happy ta meet ya.”

Whether or not the paw would be taken, with his left paw, he then tipped his hat to the bug type. Strangely enough, the quills on the grass type's head seemed to poke through the hat, inadvertently securing the accessory on Graham's head. "So ya got a name, pardner?"

Last edited by SpnoranCyclone on Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder   To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 1:08 am

"Mhm, so you are going to join the academy, you say?" The Heracross mentioned, delighted at this Pokémon's attitude. No Pokémon was without flaws and knowledge was the best way to become aware of them and improve. Gladly, he took the paw of the Chespin and shook it firmly and decisively.

"You attitude is commendable. Continue working hard and you'll reach great heights and achieve great feats" He spoke, seeing some potential in this Graham "I am Darios of Bibra, merchant of Aileron, son-in-law of the Bibra, and novice adventurer. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Graham"

He paused wondering if it'd be worth demanding that this Pokémon call him by his name rather than the grass type's chosen denomination "You may adress me as Darios" He continued calmly, as if it didn't bother the Heracross. This Chespin was trying to improve himself and would soon realise that speaking so casually to a stranger of his caliber would be disrespectful. Nevertheless, Darios was willing to let it slide.

"I've heard many praises sung about this academy. You'll learn much if they happen to be true yet I wonder... What, pray tell, are you going to focus on studying? You don't strike me as the scholar type"
Back to top Go down
SpnoranCyclone

SpnoranCyclone

PostSubject: Re: To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder   To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 1:19 am

Graham was shocked at first once the Heracross took his hand. Even if it was expected, Darios's handshake was certainly strong!

"Well then..." the grass type began, shaking out his right arm. He was certainly taken aback by that rather lengthy introduction. "...ain't you got more titles than a landlord with deeds to th' local farms?"

However, right after he stated this, the Heracross requested that Graham address him as Darios. "All right then, Darios... if it ain't too much trouble..."

"...my family ain't exactly filled with what some of y'all call 'thinkin' folk'." The grass type chuckled. "I'm from a farm with me, my pa, my brothers, an' my ma... kinda... it's a weird situ-"

At that moment, Graham stopped himself, taking a deep breath before continuing. "-look, I ain't gonna bore ya wit' details. I know a guy who tol' me 'bout this school business nearby. Said it could help me ta learn ta do some inventin'. An' who knows? Maybe I can make some sorta farmin' tool or somethin'."

"What about you though, pardner?" Graham asked Darios. "You seem like you got yer thinkin' all sorted out. What's a smart feller like you doin' lookin' fer this school 'xactly?"
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder   To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 7:33 pm

The Chespin wasn't that far from the truth. Darios's title was mostly self-granted since, unlike his father-in-law, he hasn't yet accomplished anything worth adding to his name. Someday, he hoped, the Heracross will achieve to be remembered for. Someday...

But speaking about the Chespin, Darios noticed that Graham seemed troubled about his background, wanting to skip past it and get to the present. It was subtle but Darios could tell that Graham wasn't leaving an easy life. Poverty could have been a reason for him to seek improvement, having his parents raised as much as they could to send him in or, gods forbid, a family tragedy has struck. He didn't seem like a bad Pokémon, Darios's judgment proven true by the sincerity and friendliness of Graham. Nevertheless, Darios wished to no longer delve into his past. After all, his future was what was ahead of him at the academy.

The fact that he was still being called partner seemed to have stopped bothering the Heracross, his mind being distracted by his theories. He was still listening, just not paying that much attention to details like those. However, Graham's flattery didn't go unnoticed. Bringing an arm to his chest below his mouth, he replied with a smile "A school doesn't live on students alone" He started, relaxing his arm and continuing to walk normally "And even if being a teacher may be gratifying work, I come here to make business. It attracts me a tree covered in sweet, delicious honey. Not to reveal my strategy, but if I play my cards right, I will have a profitable client in my contacts and prove myself as a merchant extraordinaire"

He paused, seeing as how the road was growing short "Our paths don't have to part once we reach our destination. I see an opportunity when it comes my way" He smiled again and extended his arm to the Chespin "I could use a subordinate that speaks wonders of me and my goods. Show them around to prove their quality. Fancy clothes, sturdy bags, delightful hardcover books, and ink of darkness so deep that rivals Darkrai itself" He paused again, letting the idea sink in. Yes, it was an opportunity in his eyes that could turn profitable and was doing well in taking advantage of it, but one can hardly deny that Darios may be going too far with this. Graham must be growing on him "Of course, this strategy would only be effective if you prove to be a model student, or prove that you are taking this opportunity seriously"
Back to top Go down
SpnoranCyclone

SpnoranCyclone

PostSubject: Re: To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder   To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 7:43 pm

Graham continued to look at Darios, each passing sentence seeming to confuse the grass type. Eventually, he responded.

"...I don't know what half o' those big words mean." Graham began to state, rubbing the back of his head. It was clear just from his look that the grass type was slightly embarrassed. "But I'll tell ya what, pardner. Ya sure seem all 'xcited 'bout it an' all. An' I have no clue what this 'Darkrai' thing is either. Sounds like a real ornery feller though."

Graham this time nodded, not wanting to hurt his arm any further. He didn't know what a subordinate was, but Darios was smiling, so it couldn't be a bad thing... right? "Clothes sound real swell, pardner. I don't know what I'd do without my hat right 'ere. Keeps me nice an' cool, even on a hot summer's day o' farmin'. So if ya need help from time, you can call me. I ain't bright, but I can fix that. An' I can at least work on a farm."
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder   To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 7:59 pm

The response given to Darios left him speechless. So much so that he had to pause, shake his head, and cough a few times before analyzing for a second time what Graham replied to his offer. At least he was being honest in his lack of knowledge. Even though Darios was more than capable of speaking normally, he found enjoyment and pride in taking a conversation like one would a dance. Flowery words, teasing, and more were a staple in his favorite conversation partners. Nevertheless, Graham made it more than clear that this wasn't working for him, so he decided to start again.

"Apolo-" he coughed again "Sorry for using complicated words here" His toned seemed much duller and less excited as the escalating good mood peaked when he spoke before. He was not focusing his attention on making his words understandable to anyone "I like your hat, it has a nice style to it, but allow me to explain what I said before in simple words" Although not that noticeable, Darios wasn't enjoying speaking like this. It was plain without the finesse of simplicity and felt boring to hear or speak. What a betrayal of his habits! "I'm trying to make sure the Academy buy my products, and a farmer isn't going to help with that. I need someone that can use my st-..." No, that was too far " my wares to convince them of their quality. If you'd help me with that, you can keep what you are showing"

He sighed, hoping that this would have brought the point home "Do we have a deal? You may tell me what you need and I'll provide you with a better version of it. But keep the hat, I like it"
Back to top Go down
SpnoranCyclone

SpnoranCyclone

PostSubject: Re: To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder   To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 8:06 pm

Graham was a little bit saddened when Darios began to speak simpler. It was clear Darios wasn't exactly thrilled with the Chespin's knowledge... or lack thereof. Yet another excellent reason to attend this academy. If he was going to invent things, he'd have to learn the language first.

"I think that'd be rather swell, pardner." the grass type replied. "But if it's all fine wit' ya, I'd like ta see what kinda stuff yer sellin'. I ain't gonna help if I don't believe in th' stuff m'self. My ma taught me not to lie an' all, ya hear?"

Without a second thought, the grass type took the Heracross's hand yet again. "You got yerself a mighty fine deal. You tell me what ya got, an' I can help ya get started wit' that sellin' business. An' don' worry. We farmers may be simple folk, but we gotta make a livin', too."
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder   To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 8:30 pm

"Oh, you wound me!" Darios replied to the mere doubt about his products' quality. Of course, this was the result of his lack of presence in the region and he was well aware of it, merely teasing with a smile on his face. Once his arm was free, he stepped off of the side of the road to place his backpack down and show the Chespin a sample of his goods.

Opening the backpack were a few papers that included his license, scarves, dungeon seeds for personal use, and a plethora of material that would be useful for teachers and students alike. A few empty vials for mixing or liquid storage, colorful notebooks for one to take notes, inks of various colors, and some more complicated apparatuses like an abacus for those more gifted in math "Take what attracts your eyes, Graham. This is not everything that I have but I can provide what you may need in case you are convinced. And you don't have to sell anything to anyone. You just have to make sure that you learn well and make a good impression. I don't want a slacker to represent me, and if my instincts are correct, you wouldn't miss this opportunity"

If Graham were to take anything, he'd see that these were not some cheap stock. Quite the contrary, the quality was great and up to the standards of Aileron's guild.
Back to top Go down
SpnoranCyclone

SpnoranCyclone

PostSubject: Re: To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder   To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 8:39 pm

"Wait... but why would ya-"

Instinctively, the Graham began to take everything he could in the bag. Pencils, notebooks, paper... anything he could use to be a better student, the would take it.

"I know ya said this was one o' those business deals an' all..." Graham began, his voice a bit shaky. "...but you have no clue what you've just done for me, Darios... I..."

Memories of the distant past began to flood back into Graham's head. It had been so long since he had been treated with respect that the poor grass type almost forgot what that had felt like. However, this Heracross... he was just so kind to him.

"...thanks." the grass type smiled. "An' trust me, friend. I'm a mon o' my word. I ain't gonna let ya down. That's a promise, pardner."
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder   To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 11:13 pm

And how quick Graham was to take what was offered and run with it, metaphorically, of course. Darios only hoped that this investment would pay off and that this Pokémon would be successful. He only had to wait and maybe intervene if things started to turn south. This subordinate would make a great asset if he manages to stand out, and his payment would only be in materials that are cheaper than a regular wage. They both win.

"I offered you a chance to better yourself but this is just the opportunity" He shook his head and reminded himself to speak plainly "I only want you to mention that what you use I'm willing to sell to any of your colleagues, but it has to come naturally. I'll try to pull some strings on my end. I'm counting on you, Graham"

With that said, he closed the backpack and stripped it back onto his back. Luckily, the Chespin didn't take the map but the load felt significantly lighter nonetheless "Maybe I should give you a bag at some point with which to carry all of that. If you know how to write, make a list of what else you are going to need"
Back to top Go down
SpnoranCyclone

SpnoranCyclone

PostSubject: Re: To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder   To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 11:34 pm

"Now that's a mighty fine idea right there, pardner." Graham grinned. He hadn't considered it, but it had gotten rather irritating to carry all of his supplies by hand. A pack would certainly help.

"Now I don't know if you got any packs Chespin size." Graham began, tipping his hat once again. "But if ya do, it'd be mighty 'ppreciated."

Of course, as he said this, Graham began to take off his hat. Upon closer inspection, the hat appeared to be tattered with holes, each one perfectly quill sized. "Y'know, pardner, I kinda realize now this hat ain't gonna work if I go up an' evolve." the grass type chuckled. "So maybe I'll go back ta ya when I go on an' evolve. Sound good, Darios? In fact, you got a company name or' something'? I don' know many city folk, but I know they got fancy schmancy names fer hard workin' customers."
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder   To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 11:29 pm

Darios smiled. He was aware that making custom goods for every Pokémon species would be a waste of resources that may not be ever sold. Fortunately, many Pokémon shared sizes and shapes. There was surely something fit for him. The hat would be another matter entirely which would require something more specific.

Darios brought the tip of his claw below his mouth, as this had provoked some thinking "If you do well enough, I will get you the hat the way you want it. If I get some results, you'll get it for free as a bonus. The bag I'll bring it to you as soon as I finish my business in the Academy" He paused again, relaxing his arm and worrying about how to present his enterprise. His store was from far away and deliveries to Grassveil from Aileron would require some logistics. Even if he were to do it himself, just traveling from his shop to the customers would take days.

This would require the aid of the postal service, and those Pelipper don't charge cheap. Whatever the case, new problems are the gateway for new solutions and, following logistics, the was the issue of branding "Sensible Essentials" He answered "It is my first time stepping in here to do business, so a name is everything I can offer for advertisement. When my presence grows, I will have business cards and posters to drive customers"

An easy goal to set for himself, but what of Graham "If you invent something useful we can turn it into a product for my shop and give you a cut of the revenue, but something tells me that you're too straightforward to focus on selling your discoveries. What do you imagine your future being like after your time in the academy is behind you? Will you return to the farm?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder   To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder Empty

Back to top Go down

To wander yonder, I wonder. In the meantime, we ponder
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Just Outside Grassveil's Boundaries :: The Small Pond-
Jump to: