Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SuperSquirtle23

Poké : 100

A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN]   A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN] EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 8:58 pm

Normally, when it was raining this hard, Pokemon that were not Water Type would not go out unless they absolutely had to, and for a good reason. The town's streets were beginning to flood, and the various plants had already soaked up as much as they could. Anyone or anything that went outside would be positively soaked.

But this weather wasn't a concern for the Abra walking on the side of the street, carrying three books with him, carefully planning his steps to keep himself and the books as dry as possible. "As apalling as this weather may be, I must return these publications to the library." Alastor muttered, hugging his books as tight against his chest as possible.
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

Poké : 3747

PostSubject: Re: A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN]   A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN] EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 6:04 pm

The downpour was nothing short of dire. Puddles were plentiful with drops of rain causing ripples on their surface as they slowly increase their size. There was barely any place where one could walk by without being prey of the rain, some of which being the sides of some streets, but for once, that didn't matter to the Sandshrew.

Walking by the roadside there was a yellow rodent with a scar on the left side of his face and wearing a belt from which two satchels hanged. He was distracted, observing how the day had turned so sour when the usual weather was sunny and clear. Besides, Sandshrew were hydrophobic as if they got their skin wet, they'd start feeling really sick. Fortunately, there was an item that allowed this ground type to avoid the unfavorable aspects of the rain: The Weather Band. Tied around his shoulder, it made sure that, even if raindrops fell onto his sandstone patterned hide, no water drop would stay on him, merely bouncing off. Thanks to that, he only had to worry about the puddles from which the band couldn't protect him.

That was what kept him distracted as he walked on all fours, the satchels hanging from the sides of his belt, and his gaze directed at the floor. That was until he heard something that caught his attention. The ears of the rodent peaked and twitched, his head curiously turning to the voice only to see that it was an Abra carrying something against its chest. It wasn't that much further from him as it was on the opposite side of the road.

For a moment he wondered why a non-water type would be outside at a day like that before realizing that the psychic type must have a very good reason to do so. Stopping in place, Yigo examined the Abra further. Was it carrying books? The rain is not going to be kind to them. Was he a student of Peak Academy too? He hadn't seen him before but Yigo guessed that the Abra could be from some other class. Still, helping other students was not only encouraged but also rewarded within the institution so, as much as the Sandshrew distrusted Pokémon with psychic abilities (as he would not notice, much less understand, psychic powers), he crossed the street to go see if he could help.

Yigo sidestepped puddle after puddle, looking like a Zigzagoon rushing due to all the avoiding and zigzagging, until he got right in front of the Abra. "Hey, uhm..." He spoke, convinced at first to help but then taking a glance at the Pokémon he had just interrupted. Pausing to gather his thoughts, he decided to start over before resuming "Y-You... The rain... Uh... Right, those books" He was starting to make a mess of himself, unable to speak full sentences.

He looked away and decided to just help anyway. He grabbed a satchel and transferred its contents to the other before extending it until it looked like a circle of slim hide. Looking at it, Yigo decided that it was waterproof enough to protect the books "This should keep the books dry. Cover them with this" he handed the moderately sized circle that was enough to fully cover the front of a normally sized book but not much more. Second, he took a pink, ragged and used Trap Scarf out of the second satchel and looked at the Abra again "We can use this to tie them all around together"
Back to top Go down
SuperSquirtle23

PostSubject: Re: A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN]   A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN] EmptySat May 09, 2020 5:53 pm

Alastor didn't understand at first. But he got the gist of it after the Sandshrew said the words 'should keep the books dry'. This Pokemon wanted to help him, no doubt about it now. He nodded, took the Trap Scarf, and tied it around the books using a square knot, his favorite kind of knot. Then, he realized he should probably explain to this stranger what the books were for, since he seemed to be part of the subject of the books. "Thanks for helping me return these books. They were on starting a Rescue Team. I've always wanted to be part of one, so I figured I should get an idea of how to join and/or start one." He turned to the stranger, and asked two questions. "What's your name? Are you part of a Rescue Team?"
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN]   A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN] EmptySat May 09, 2020 7:36 pm

The stranger didn't seem hesitant on taking the aid. In fact, they were very receptive. Good. No harm would come the books but, when the psychic type had explained Yigo about the contents of the books, he was taken aback. Rescue teams had always been a sensitive touch for the gold coloured rodent, finding them as necessary but unwelcomed to have around and, if this Abra wanted to become one of them, why bother trying to bond with them?

It's no use. All guild members are too busy, too focused on their work to have time for those that are not in danger anyway. Recovering from the surprise, represented by a step back and an open mouth in a quiet 'o' shape, the Sandshrew sighed, ears dropping and deciding to at least get this one out of the way "My name is Yigo" He raised a paw and scratched his head lightly "And I'm... Not from any rescue team" apathy could be felt in those words, his voice now disinterested while his eyes rolled to the side, not wishing to follow that conversation thread "Let's... Let's deliver those books to safety"
Back to top Go down
SuperSquirtle23

PostSubject: Re: A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN]   A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN] EmptySun May 10, 2020 12:20 am

Alastor was a little bewildered at Yigo's apathy, but decided it was best not to question it. "...Alright, then. To the library." As they walked, his desire to join a team gnawed at his insides, but he did his best not to let those emotions show. It would not be an optimal situation, after all. But eventually, as they neared the library, his desire overcame his common sense. He blurted out, "Do you know where I can apply to join a rescue team? And do you know of any others who are looking for new members?"
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN]   A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN] EmptyMon May 11, 2020 7:42 pm

Back onto all fours, the ground type set out to following this fan of the guild to the library. Come to think of it, he's never noticed a library within Grassveil as most of the Pokémon he was acquainted with went to that of Peak Academy.

It was already bad enough with the rain pouring down but the questions about rescue teams made him more than uneasy "The guild is just outside, follow that path to the gate and you'll see it" He stopped midway to point with a claw in the direction of the northen road, heavily traversed by the teams going into the town to buy supplies.

His tone was sour, as if he was getting sick just talking about it. Becoming a guild member is going to bring hope to those in trouble for sure, so more members should only be making the world better. However, remembering how his former friends forgot about him due to guild duties taking most of their time made him feel abandoned. Not to mention that he could badly use their help but, without any poké to offer there was no way he could post a mission.

His head turned to this stranger, wondering if, through his zeal and admiration, had considered the downsides of the job like Yigo had done in the past. "Don't you have any family... Or friends...?" His ears lowered and his gaze turned to his feet, each step causing small splashes on the wet surface they were traveling on "Will no one miss you if you join a team?"
Back to top Go down
SuperSquirtle23

PostSubject: Re: A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN]   A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN] EmptyMon May 11, 2020 9:25 pm

Alastor stopped walking as he heard the word 'family'. Yigo had asked out of concern, no doubt about that, but.. should he tell? Alastor pondered this for a moment, tears in his eyes, and finally came up with a solution. He would tell him some of what happened, but not all of it. He did not want to drive Yigo away, after all.

"I used to have a family, but not any more." Alastor said quietly, trying not to cry any more than he was already. "There was an accident. My family is gone, along with my old home." He did not mention it was him who caused the accident, nor that he no longer had a home because of that accident. "So, I have no one to miss me. Besides, if my dream job will help pay for their burials, it will be an optimal situation."
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN]   A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN] EmptyMon May 11, 2020 11:26 pm

Having avoided the gaze of the Abra had some benefits: Yigo didn't get to see a tear coming out of his eyes. The pause, however, was something that couldn't go unnoticed. What was wrong?

An answer to that question would soon follow, words devoid of that optimism that they used to have, replaced by an eerie low voice. He didn't have a family. They were dead.

This made Yigo stop, shivering. Those news, even if they weren't relevant to him, made the kid's blood freeze. He couldn't hold it, imagining some tent ablaze, gored corpses with an Abra observing from a distance, broken. A dead family was a terrible fate. Not to be offended further than the Abra, he tried to supress his terror, shaking his head and looking at the Abra, trying to see if he was okay after what he shared. What to say now?

"D-Don't lose hope" he'd say, low and a bit unsure about it "You'll meet other Pokémon. Make friends out of them and... Maybe they can be like your family away from home..." Maybe that'd cheer him up? This town was full of friendly Pokémon after all and, if the Sandshrew himself was anything to go by, finding a second family was possible "And, when you do, don't forget to spend time with them. You can find the Poké elsewhere"

...and it's not like someone dead would need Poké for burial unless it's a special kind of burial? Yigo couldn't tell.
Back to top Go down
SuperSquirtle23

PostSubject: Re: A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN]   A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN] EmptyTue May 12, 2020 3:35 pm

Alastor considered Yigo's words. Friends, a family away from home... It made sense. There wasn't that much of a point spending life alone, after all. Might as well get to know some other Pokemon.

"That is understandable. I'll do my best to make some acquaintances. Perhaps I shall make some when I join an open Rescue Team." Alastor looked up. The rain had begun to lighten a little, but not by much. Besides that, they were nearly at the library by now. As a matter of fact, Alastor could see it a little while off in the distance. "When we reach the library entrance, I assume you would like your items back?"
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN]   A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN] EmptyTue May 12, 2020 4:12 pm

Dead set on that idea of his. It was what he really wanted to do, wasn't it? No use discussing it further then. At least the weather was easing off, meaning that a Weather Band wouldn't restrict him after Yigo was done helping this Abra. Not like he particularly wanted to stick around him for much longer. The Abra was no student of the academy and he was too much of a rescue team fan. He didn't even have the decency to share his name when Yigo did but, wanting to be part of a rescue team meant that he didn't have any reason to hide it.

He sighed and resigned, looking back to the road ahead and some of the buildings lined up at the end of the street. Without returning a gaze and walking on, he nodded to that last question "Yes. They are still mine and I worked hard to find them"
Back to top Go down
Kimera24

Kimera24

Poké : 440

PostSubject: Re: A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN]   A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN] EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 1:30 pm

(Mind if i join guys?)

After a long journey, full of pitfalls and dangers, the little Aron finally managed to reach Grassveil Town, unfortunately for him, the weather in that place was not the best, especially for the anatomy of the little Pokemon, In fact, the Arons fail to endure the rain, which, entering the exposed cracks of their armor, can cause ache and fatigue in moving, however, the Pokemon didn't seemed to give up, he seemed determined to go forward, looking for something or someone, and will not give up certainly for a couple of annoying drops of water.

''I...have to...join them...'' He said tiredly but not resignedly, continuing to go on his way, but as he continued, however, his vision began to become blurred, making it difficult to continue forward.
The Pokemon eventually stopped and dropped to the ground, lacking in strength to continue.
*Pant* *Pant* ''A little rain will not...stop me...'' After saying this, the Pokemon started to crawl on the road, proceeding, albeit more slowly, towards its goal, the Guild present outside the north boundaries of Grassveil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN]   A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Trip to The Library On An Excessively Rainy Day[OPEN]
Page 1 of 1