Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Adopting Dreyar the Squirtle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

Poké : 5990

Adopting Dreyar the Squirtle Empty
PostSubject: Adopting Dreyar the Squirtle   Adopting Dreyar the Squirtle EmptyWed Dec 25, 2019 4:03 pm

» Name: Dreyar the Squirtle
» Gender: Male
» Species: #007 Squirtle, the Tiny Turtle Pokemon
» Affiliation/Rank: Neutral in terms of organizations, but pretty obviously good-oriented

» Why do you want to adopt them?: Why the hell did no one tell me this little demigod existed? He wants to be just like a knight. Why would I not want to adopt an awesome little squirtle and raise him to be a kickass knight with cannons on his back?

Dreyar’s simply the exact kind of character I love messing with. He’s adorable, tough for his age, good-natured, proactive, and friendly. On top of all that, he’s been exposed to the harshness and cruelty of the world and simply uses those experiences as fuel and motivation to move forward. In other words, when life gets tough, he gets tougher, and that’s the kind of character growth I can really get behind. It’s a crime he’s gone unloved for so long.

On another note, it’s kind of weird how none of my characters are really pure-of-heart or anything. Goro’s this big bad outlaw who doesn’t want anything to do with people he doesn’t know, which is admittedly kind of boring now. Osiris is friends with an actual freakin’ convict on the site, and he’s really been learning to not just think but truly operate in increasing shades of grey. My newest character is unapologetically selfish and focused mostly on getting gud.

This lil’ turtle’s got a good bit of that last one going for him, absolutely, but Dreyar doesn’t want to fight just for the sake of it. He wants to be a protector and defender of the weak and innocent. Self-improvement and fighting aren’t all there is to his life - they’re just a part of it that serves something greater. It’d be a nice change of pace to play that angle in a character on top of everything else I like about this kid. Plus, you know, it’d be nice to have a character than can Mega-Evolve at some point, and the squirtle line is classic.

» Sample of roleplay:

”You’re almost there, Dreyar. Remember to duck your head and get your weight down as you collide; you want to get under your opponent, not just crash into them. Try again now.”

Nestled away in a quiet corner on the beach of Rainfront, flailing around in the sand, two squirtles were fighting. They scurried around one another warily, testing each other with weighty shoves, abrupt slaps, and tackles. Every so often, they’d both charge the other and lock into a grapple, throwing their weight into each other and wrestling from there. The instant one established a position of dominance, they would break off, catch their breath, and start again.

Sat off to the side, a visibly maimed blastoise watched over the two smaller turtle pokemon sharply. Despite her size and startling lack of both a leg and one of the two shell-cannons characteristic of her species, her voice was gentle as she called out instructions to the wrestling water-types. Her gaze was rather focused on one of the wrestling squirtles, though; the one she’d called Dreyar.

He was noticeably smaller than the other squirtle and seemed to be visibly more affected by their training. Dreyar heaved short, labored breaths as he and his training partner pushed apart once more. In truth, they were all there for his benefit; his opponent was bigger, older, stronger, and more experienced, and thus made a great sparring partner for him when they went at his pace.

”Alright, mom!” the young squirtle called back, worn out but intent. He clenched his hands into fists absently as he readied himself for another charge. ”This time, I got it.”

”Go!” the blastoise signaled, and both pokemon charged at each other.

Dreyar was instantly overpowered as the bigger squirtle pushed its larger weight and superior strength into him. Gritting his teeth, the smaller turtle was pushed backward only a step before taking a knee and reversing his forward push into a pull. In that same movement, he thrust a hand forward and attempted to winch into his opponent’s armpit. He was attempting to guide the other squirtle away from him, to push it away so he could get a better grip on his next attempt at a charge.

The other squirtle, evidently familiar with the move, went with Dreyar’s pull. Instead of allowing itself to be guided away, it pushed off the sand in an athletic hop. The squirtle flipped over Dreyar’s shoulder onto its own shell, its momentum allowing it to roll smoothly onto its feet to begin another charge. Surprised and flustered, Dreyar made the mistake of standing up too high, too quickly, allowing the other squirtle to get under his center of gravity. In a last-ditch effort that he knew would be futile, he tried to get his hands underneath the other squirtle’s forearms to disrupt the hold, but his efforts were ignored like they hadn’t existed in the first place.

With a victorious grunt, his opponent hooked under him and lifted Dreyar right off the ground. His legs flailed weakly, finding no purchase sandy beach, rising into the air helplessly. The next thing Dreyar knew, the sky and ground had switched places, his stomach flip-flopped, and he crashed into the sand in a heap, the air driven right out of his lungs.

Dreyar groaned in a show of mock-frustration but was content to lay there and catch his breath. He was done at this point, and every turtle on the beach knew it. ”Aalmoost~,” he heard his mother sing-song from where she’d watched, a teasing little lilt to her voice. ”Too straightforward though, I’m afraid. All that eagerness isn’t going to do much good when your opponent already knows what you want to do.” she went on, and Dreyar was content to close his eyes and let the lesson sink into him as he recovered.

Despite the less-than-stellar ending, he felt good about this evening’s training session. He was lasting longer and longer against the larger squirtle every time. ”It was a good try,” his opponent spoke at last, voice silky smooth and feminine. ”He knows what to go for at least, and that’s the important part.”

”I suppose that’s true. Thanks again for your help, Farina. That’s it for us today; we’ll hang around a bit while he catches his breath, but you can run along home. Tell your folks I said hi, okay?” the blastoise bid, and the squirtle dubbed Farina nodded respectfully and ran off, not nearly as out of breath as Dreyar was.

A comfortable silence settled over the beach as mother and son were left alone. He heard the sounds of her limping over and settling down next to him, the sands shifting beneath him in response to her. A firm hand picked him up by his shell, and before he knew it the younger turtle had been sat up, finding himself staring at the sunset’s reflection cast across the ocean. Without even thinking about it, he leaned against her bulk, tired and satisfied with another day’s work. That same hand settled across the rim of his shell, pulling him close to her side.

”Pretty soon I’ll start learning water moves and everything,” he piped up unbidden, a little smile playing across his face. ”It won’t be long until I’m as big and strong as you. Stronger, even.”

She smiled down at him, bemused and content. ”Longer than you might think, kiddo,” the blastoise said. ”You can have all the practice and know-how in the world, but it’ll always take time to build strength and experience.”

Dreyar nodded. ”Right. And I’m ready to get started,” he chirped, images of dungeons and adventures beyond flashing in his mind. Opportunities to test himself, settings to explore, people to protect, save, and inspire…

”You don’t need to be a blastoise to help people that need it. And you can afford to start slow and work your way up, even have some fun along the way. That’s the smart way to go about these things.” Her tone was amiable and absent - not at all aimed at him. It was a lesson that they both knew he’d already learned. The disaster of a trip into Cattail Marsh had taught Dreyar firmly not to bite off more than he could chew.

It also taught him that there were pokemon all over the world that needed protection and defending, though. He had been that pokemon, and his mom had led the charge to rescue him from his own bad decisions. She’d paid the price to save him with a smile and all he wanted now was to be just like her. So he had to throw his everything into training like this. Not just for his sake, because this was what he wanted most out of life, but for hers, so that her efforts didn’t go to waste.

”Yeah,” Dreyar echoed. He studied the rippling waves of the ocean as he organized his thoughts. ”It’s just - no matter how long it takes me, it’s not gonna be fast enough, you know? I want to be that savior for everyone else, the same one that saved me that day.” he affirmed. His mom was well aware of his intent to become something of a shield for others; if she’d disagreed with it, she wouldn’t have taught him to fight or continued to train him in this way.

He felt her huff of laughter as much as he heard it, huddled up at her side as he was. ”I know, sweetie. And I’m proud of that - proud of you, for taking your time with this as you are. You’re more than ready to begin, I’d say.” she acquiesced. ”Small places only to start with, I’d advise. The Coral and Pecha Forests, for example, maybe Shadowhue or Pricklemist if you’re feeling brave.” the blastoise rumbled, tilting her head in teasing consideration as Dreyar’s heart leaped.

Her blessing meant a lot, and she knew that. It felt doubly grand that she agreed with him that he was ready to set off on his own. ”But you’ve got a good head on your shoulders. You know your limits and when to push them; all I ask is that you remember that in case you find yourself helping someone in need someplace dangerous. Okay?” his mother went on half-jokingly as if she wasn’t giving him express permission to chase his aspirations out of the blue. By the twinkle in her eye, she knew it, though.

It took him a moment to master himself. ”Okay,” Dreyar managed to say back, voice a little choked up as excitement and gratitude washed over him like tidal waves. What did he ever do to deserve family like her? ”Thanks, mom.”

”Then that’s settled. Let’s go home for dinner, and I can see you off tomorrow morning once you’ve packed.”

The brusque announcement shocked him out of his reverie slightly, but even as he got to his feet, Dreyar couldn’t suppress the excitement bubbling up inside him. The squirtle and his blastoise mother began their trek across the beach, Dreyar only having to barely push himself with her slow limping. All the while, they spoke quietly and with zeal, the son excitedly firing off questions and scenarios to his mother, soaking up her responses and suggestions.

It was time to get started. There was a whole wide world to see, and he was finally about to leave his mark on it.

» Link to the original bio: https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org/t3041-up-for-adoption-dreyar-the-squirtle
» Links and page/post count of original threads: You Can't Handle the Coral! - 0 pages, 6 leftover posts
» Levels of existing characters: Goro the Croagunk lvl. 27, Osiris the Dratini lvl. 31 (adopted), Celio the Eevee lvl 11
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

Adopting Dreyar the Squirtle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adopting Dreyar the Squirtle   Adopting Dreyar the Squirtle EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 3:46 am

Approved!
Back to top Go down

Adopting Dreyar the Squirtle
Page 1 of 1