Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

List of species on site

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Evana

Evana

Poké : 7570

List of species on site Empty
PostSubject: List of species on site   List of species on site EmptySun May 01, 2016 8:58 pm

I have talked a bit with some of the new members and it seems they would like to see a list with all the Pokemon species that is on the site. I could work on it myself, but I would like some kind of approval from the admins. One thing I would also want to know is if I am allowed to add how many there are of a certain species or not. If I am, his could come with a few advantages.

1) It is a general list that everyone can see.

2) All secretaries and admins can edit it when new characters are approved, deleted and so on.

3) Some people would love to have a species nobody else uses, or that is rarely used. They could see what species are on the site because of this list.

4) This might bring some more diversity to the site.

If this would be allowed, I would also love to get some feedback on it. How would others like to see this list? Should it be visible what species are active and what species are only up for adoption at that moment? Is anyone interested to have a list of all shinies/melanistic/albino's? Please, post it here. I was thinking about having this list in the character applications board.

Of course, if admins want to work on it themselves, they can do that too. If they don't want to see a list, then I will just drop this idea.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

PostSubject: Re: List of species on site   List of species on site EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:04 am

I totally don't mind you working on something like this. I know various people have made lists in the past and we find them super handy when double checking pokemon that should be banned as well ^-^
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
Evana

Evana

Poké : 7570

PostSubject: Re: List of species on site   List of species on site EmptySun May 08, 2016 11:59 pm

Ok, I am working on a list now. Right now I am just creating a general list but if anyone wants to see more, then let me know.

I need a place to keep my progress saved.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

Poké : 9308

PostSubject: Re: List of species on site   List of species on site EmptyMon May 09, 2016 6:25 pm

I have made a specialized tool to help counting pokemon when viewing the thread lists. It is a userscript that requires greasemonkey, tampermonkey or any other userscript addon for your web browser. Tampermonkey is for chrome. Greasemonkey is for firefox.

No support for internet explorer... (If you are using this, please get off it as soon as possible. You are threatening your computer a hole in its security.)

Once you have one of those addons installed, Open This and it should ask if you wish to install the userscript. Allow it and then make sure it is enabled when you view the archives of characters.

As long as the title matches a certain format, it will count characters correctly. Otherwise, you may have to count them by hand in that part.

When finished counting characters. BE SURE TO DISABLE THE SCRIPT as it is not very picky about where you do your counting... It will attempt to count characters almost anywhere that has the last bit of the url that says -characters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List of species on site   List of species on site Empty

Back to top Go down

List of species on site
Page 1 of 1