Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Not Like This

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

Not Like This - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Not Like This   Not Like This - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 7:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

(21 energy)

Skylar was tolerant.  She was nice.  She was caring, understanding, compassionate, and she just wanted to help others.

"You're afraid of water.  You're afraid of your strongest asset: yourself!"

She just wanted to help.  Her leader had been kind to her before; he'd risked his life to save her, but now....

"You wanna help me?  You can help by learning how to take care of yourself."

She felt useless.  Of course, this was mostly because she'd basically been called useless.  Again and again, every time she tried to get Sova to stop or at least let her help, she got the same treatment.  She would be told all the reasons why she couldn't come, why she was too weak, just a hindrance....  It hurt, and she wanted to be mad at Sova for it, but he was right.

"If you came with me right now, you'd just end up in my way.  Either I'd end up hurt or you'd end up dead."

She couldn't stop thinking about her leader's painful words.  She was accepting and tolerant of others, even through hostility, but being told she was useless by someone who'd saved her life....  She just wanted to repay the favor.

"I couldn't live with myself if you two had to do this!  Just look at me; does this look fun?!"

So now, she was staring into the glistening water.  The water was rising just barely up to touch her paws, then retreating back into the ocean.  Again and again, just like clockwork.

"After I fix this, I'll teach you both everything I can.  I'll help you get over your fears, I'll show you how to fight, I'll help you pick out missions....  Just, please, stay here."

Skylar couldn't just sit in the safety of Grassveil while her leader tore himself apart trying to save everyone on his own.  Sky wasn't going to just wait for someone else to carry her through life.  She was here to make herself useful, even if she had to sit on the shore all day. She was directly disobeying her leader, but she couldn't help it. It just wasn't in her nature.

"You're afraid of water."

She really was afraid.  How pathetic was that?  She had gills!  She could literally turn into water!  She had absolutely nothing to fear, yet trying to use these abilities just resulted in her having panic attacks and waterboarding herself.  She wanted to just jump into the water, but she was terrified.  She wouldn't drown.  She could swim, and more importantly, she could breathe under water.  Yet no matter how much she tried to tell herself these things, she just couldn't force herself into the water.

The vaporeon sat on the shore of the beach, staring out into the ocean with a sad expression.  She'd come wearing a more determined face, but that had faded after about ten minutes of just sitting there and trying to psych herself up.  It'd been hours now.  She hadn't come all the way out to Rainfront just to give up and go home.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Not Like This   Not Like This - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 8:46 am

Skylar gave the faintest smile as the situation seemed to begin resolving itself.  Despite the edgy dye the ducklett had on him, he seemed pretty nice.  The piplup had also calmed down a bit, now questioning the rain.  It seemed like it was time for introductions, so she decided to speak up and give her own name.  "It's alright.  I'm-"
Well, she wanted to give her name, but just then, the ground under herself and the oshawott piplup began to seemingly come to life.  She immediately leaped away and into the shallow water before looking back to see what in the world was happening.  It seemed to be a carracosta, and an unhappy one at that.

So far, the piplup didn't seem very good at being nice, and the ducklett had only just shown up, so Sky decided it would probably be best if she were the one to talk to this turtle.  She really hadn't been expecting such a crowd, but it wasn't too bad.  "S-sorry, we didn't mean to disturb you.  We had no idea anyone was here.  We'll leave you alone right this second," she explained in a low tone, trying not to be loud and bother the turtle more.
Where was her flower-pin's "calming aura?"  It didn't seem to be doing anything for this situation at all.  In fact, it seemed it was just the opposite of calm, non-stop.  She supposed it wasn't too much trouble to calm everyone down, but.... she wasn't quite sure she would be able to calm the carracosta down.  It seemed very angry.  And maybe tired.

(Something something reviver seed something future something rolls)
(31 energy)
Lord E V carried out 10 launched of one Coral Forest :
Not Like This - Page 2 BWjrBHO , Not Like This - Page 2 Ehq01DP , Not Like This - Page 2 WbShVpM , Not Like This - Page 2 BWjrBHO , Not Like This - Page 2 WbShVpM , Not Like This - Page 2 WbShVpM , Not Like This - Page 2 FjVzOEv , Not Like This - Page 2 JZYGq8V , Not Like This - Page 2 N3VM6Co , Not Like This - Page 2 Pospec10
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
Moderator and Dark Ducklett Priestess
FoxFireAlchemist

Poké : 5045

PostSubject: Re: Not Like This   Not Like This - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 5:50 pm

Simon patiently and expectantly awaited the Vaporeon's introduction, but she was cut off as.... something began to happen. Both of the other pokemon seemed to be losing their balance for some reason, making Simon concerned that maybe they also had some kind of disability? A balance disability, maybe? It seemed strange that they would both have the same thing, but maybe that's why they were friends? Simon kept this thought to himself, and instead paddled over to the other two Pokemon cautiously. "Are you alright...? Do you need any help?"

"So noisy...."

"EEP!" Simon exclaimed, backpaddling away as the Carracoasta rose from the water like a veritable Godzilla monster. He shivered with fear; the pokemon was much bigger than him and looked very, very cranky. Simon snuck an Oran Berry into his mouth into his mouth, in case they had just incited a fight with this thing. Beyond all the fear though, Simon felt terrible about waking the guy up. He had just been trying to take a nap, and he and the Piplup had been creating an incredible and uncalled for din..... after the Vaporeon spoke to him, Simon also wanted to add an apology.

"In addition to what she said..." Simon offered quietly, "I'm also sorry for my part in this whole mess. I was taking a nap myself, so I really should have been concious of the fact that there were other pokemon sleeping around me before I started yelling like that."

Simon the Dark Ducklett - 0 + 1 = 1 Energy + 10 = 11 Energy [Well, wasn't that nice]

FoxFireAlchemist carried out 10 launched of one Coral Forest :
Not Like This - Page 2 DmuZ1dP , Not Like This - Page 2 AZTkyVm , Not Like This - Page 2 HYFCmF2 , Not Like This - Page 2 Z86ff7g , Not Like This - Page 2 BD1l3SX , Not Like This - Page 2 DBv57lj , Not Like This - Page 2 R22AtxO , Not Like This - Page 2 BWjrBHO , Not Like This - Page 2 Pospec10 , Not Like This - Page 2 BWjrBHO
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: Not Like This   Not Like This - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 8:51 pm

The carracosta's eyes glared down at the others with an intense and angered stare as it decided to let them speak and listen to them. The carracosta still looked fairly grouchy, grumbling in irritation about having some kind of horrible dream anyways. The beak of the turtle opened to speak, but that was when Namataki had to open her big beak.

"YOU'RE sleeping out in the middle of nowhere too?!" the piplup exclaimed as her arms flailed and splashed the water, "What is wrong with you pokemon? Honestly, you'd think you'd have a death wish or somethin! If you can't get a decent sleep then it's your own fault for sleeping out in the middle of a dungeon like this. Seriously-" Suddenly the carracosta looked even angrier than before, "Oh sh*t..." she spoke.

The carracosta suddenly back-peddled away from the group, water propeling itself at a high speed as it utilized Aqua Jet in order to do so. Once it was a decent distance away, the carracosta flung its flippers over its back before wheeling them over its head and slamming them into the ground. The ground that was touched suddenly erupted into pillars of sand, shells, and water as the pillars grew closer and closer to the group at an alarming rate.

Namataki was struck by the pillar of sand, and was left to scream as she was suddenly propelled into the air, and out more into the ocean.

[Ate a Reviver Seed]
Kat carried out 10 launched of one Coral Forest :
Not Like This - Page 2 SegcGzb , Not Like This - Page 2 BWjrBHO , Not Like This - Page 2 Q86Oj9H , Not Like This - Page 2 DBv57lj , Not Like This - Page 2 Wb4Bk8q , Not Like This - Page 2 BD1l3SX , Not Like This - Page 2 Z86ff7g , Not Like This - Page 2 BD1l3SX , Not Like This - Page 2 WbShVpM , Not Like This - Page 2 NHeqd2N
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Not Like This   Not Like This - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 11:50 am

(24 energy)

It seemed like the grumpy turtle was at least willing to listen to them. For just a moment, Skylar felt relief at what seemed to be the situation being resolved. Then the piplup just had to speak and ruin it all. Before she could hush the bird, it was too late; the damage had already been done. She backed away slightly as the carracosta started up preparing to attack, but she couldn't back too far up since that would have involved getting deeper into the water. Well, she was going to end up deeper in the water regardless of what she did.

The carracosta slammed its arms down and created a pillar of sand, which sent the vaporeon flying out into the water. She had no clue what had become of the others, but right now, she was just really worried about the fact that she was in the process of being sent hurdling into the ocean. She felt panic overcome her, stopping her from making any noise as she splashed down into the water. For a moment, the sudden shock stopped her from realizing where she was, and the water felt.... nice. She took in a breath of "air" idly, not realizing what she was doing. Then her mind came to the realization that she was in the water, causing her to immediately flip her pancakes.

Sky held her breath as if she'd drown otherwise and struggled to swim to the surface before taking a dramatic, deep breath. She could breathe underwater and swim just fine, yet she was making it look like she was drowning due to her panicky behavior. "H-help!" she cried out as if her life depended on it.
Was she going to die? No, of course not. She could breathe under water. She was pretty much surrounded by a healing salve. She wasn't entirely sure yet whether she had the ability to heal wounds or to heal illness, since it could go either way with vaporeon and she had yet to test this, but either way, water was guaranteed to have some kind of healing properties for her.

As she flailed around pathetically in the water, her body began to turn see-through and take on a more.... melt-y structure. Her general shape was still being held together, but the color in her body was fading away, making it appear as if she was legitimately turning into water. However, this effect was coming and going, never turning her body completely into water. She was fighting it, after all.
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Not Like This   Not Like This - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 11:01 pm

"Oh duck. That's no good." Simon thought to himself as the Carracoasta started to back up. He started to flap his wings, trying to pull himself out of the water as he wondered how in the world he was going to help both of the other two pokemon... He doubted he could even get the Piplup off the ground! Simon was a good flyer, but he was no marathon flapper. On top of that, the updrafts here were severely weakened by the lack of sun, meaning he had to struggle to get himself airborne! As Simon stressed over this, the pillar of sand erupted and sent the other two pokemon flying. Simon panicked as the attack grazed his left side. Being half-in the air saved him from a more brutal pounding, but he was certainly knocked a fair distance up and out.

Simon fought to use his arcing trajectory to his advantage, flapping his wings frantically to try and right himself while he was still in the air. Once he was straight and balanced out, his wings caught the air and he began gliding parallel to the water's surface. He searched out a weak updraft and gained some height before circling around to find the other two pokemon. He spotted the Vaporeon first, who looked to be struggling. Simon instantly went to land near her, still in a panic as she desperately tread water.

"Uhh... Uhmm!!!" Simon exclaimed, not really sure what to do. He was far too small to help her float; they'd drown if he even tried! He didn't really have any floating items, either... He had always thought that Vaporeon had gills. Maybe this one didn't for some reason....? She seemed to be... melting, maybe? Simon only panicked harder when he saw that.

"Uuuh, hold on!! I'll do what I can!!" Simon finally cried, and he quickly dove under the water. He could open his eyes under the salty water a bit thanks to the contacts, but without the sun shining through the water it was hard to pinpoint exactly where the Vaporeon was. Simon hazarded his best guess, and then shot a jet of water from underneath the Vaporeon to try and give her a swimming boost. Hopefully the Piplup could figure something else out from there! From where he was in the water, Simon could hear the muffled noises of creatures stirring in the depths...

Simon the Dark Ducklett - 4 Energy
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: Not Like This   Not Like This - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 9:27 pm

The piplup had the wonderful fortune of being caught...kind of. More like she was thrown into an unfortunate pokemon of the sea that had simply been enjoying a nice swim. At first she only felt the rough skin of another pokemon, then she felt something biting down on her cranium. She stopped for a moment as she began to register the pain, before flipping out. Her flippers flailed about as she flailed about in the water. Bubbles escaped from her beak and floated towards the surface in bursts as the carvanha bit down on her head. It was not a harsh bite, but it was enough to keep it there.

"I'll teach you to run into me!" The fish growled as Namataki struggled towards the surface to get a new breath of air. She broke the surface, her head weighted down by the fish that still latched itself to her head.

She took a deep breath..."OW OW OW LET GO PLEASE! I DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING!" she cried and continued to flail about. The carvanha did not want to let go....
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Not Like This   Not Like This - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 5:10 am

Skylar continued to flail in the water, though she'd given up on speaking for the time-being.  When she spotted the ducklett near her, her first instinct was to grab him and try to use him to float, but she knew better than that.  She watched the ducklett go underwater, not bothering to question it as she had more important things to worry about at the moment.  She actually wasn't having any trouble staying afloat despite her poor, panicked swimming, which was partly thanks to the addition of her tail-fin.  She began scanning the horizon in the hopes of spotting some nearby land when the jet of water hit her from underneath, causing her to fall still and silent.  It didn't hurt, she was just trying to figure out what it was.

For a moment, only the vaporeon's tail was moving, which was instinctively done to keep her above the water.  The feeling of the jet of water was enough to distract her for a short time, making her look down into the water in an attempt to see what was causing it.  Then she remembered she was still in the water and started up flailing again.  "Heeeeeelp," she whined, though not quite as loudly as she had previously been.
The fear was still there, she just wanted to try and conserve her energy.  In her mind, she was going to drown, and even if she didn't, her bag was getting soaked!  She wasn't entirely sure whether or not she had anything that could be damaged by water, though.

As she was off in her own, panicky world, Sky failed to realize the ducklett was the one causing the jet of water under her. However, she did notice the piplup who now seemed to be having a bit of trouble. "P-please let her go!" she called out to the fish in the hopes it would listen.
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Not Like This   Not Like This - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 4:57 am

Simon was not one for being underwater for an extended period of time, being a diving Pokemon. He could stay down for a moderate amount of time, but he was nowhere near practiced enough to stay under for an extended period of time. He did his best to fight the burning in his lungs, but it was getting to be just too much. The little duck stopped his water spraying and resurfaced, gasping hard for air. He looked with confusion at the Vaporeon, who honestly seemed to be doing pretty alright for a drowning 'mon. He turned his attention over to another commotion in the distance. He quacked in panic as he saw the piplup getting nommed on by a Carvanha. Now he was caught between to big problems, however the Carvanha admittedly seemed the more pressing of the two. He paddled over as quickly as he could, then began flapping his wings and lifting into the air. He circled around, gaining altitude, and then dive-bombed into the water, trying to startle the Carvanha into releasing the Piplup's bulbous head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not Like This   Not Like This - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Not Like This
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: The Ocean :: The Coral Forests-
Jump to: