Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Seasonal Changes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

Seasonal Changes Empty
PostSubject: Seasonal Changes   Seasonal Changes EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 3:13 pm

So, I think this may have been mentioned before but I'm not sure if it was exactly the same as this little idea I had whilst tired out of my mind.

So, essentially this would bring a dynamic universe to the site. In winter certain berries and weaker pokemon would be much rarer in the dice. In spring the opposite would happen, with a boom of berries and weaker pokemon whilst larger, more powerful pokemon see a slight increase. In summer the number of berries and pokemon stabilizes to how it is now. Finally in autumn, there is a slight decrease in pokemon and berries all together.

Idk how non-natural items like tms and accessories could be affected, and again this is just a random thought I had, so it's pretty much a rough draft.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

Seasonal Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Changes   Seasonal Changes EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 3:11 pm

I considered doing something like this when the energy dice wepas first implemented but it would require too much work on the part of the admins to have to completely change the dice every few months, plus it would end up being confusing when you go back through the old threads cause the dice being constantly altered means that the rolls in past threads are constantly altered too.

As such with both flaws I ended up not doing it so I probably won't consider it again.
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

Seasonal Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Changes   Seasonal Changes EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 12:06 am

Outside of it being difficult to do, there are more reasons this wouldn't work out well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the site not allow for fluid timeline? As in, you can have two threads at the same time that are in different points in time, such as a thread in one of your characters' early history, then one in their very late history. Adding seasonal changes would severely limit that and make some things difficult to explain, like for instance if you had a very long ongoing thread. Don't end it fast enough and it goes something like this; "It's summer," "OH GOD NEVERMIND IT'S SUDDENLY WINTER." Plus, what if someone wants to have a winter or snow-based thread when the site's season says summer? That's kinda messed up, they have to wait half a year for a snowday thread?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seasonal Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seasonal Changes   Seasonal Changes Empty

Back to top Go down

Seasonal Changes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Getting Started :: Help and Feedback :: Suggestions and General Feedback-
Jump to: