Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

All That Wasted Stuff

Go down 
+4
LanceTheDragon
StarBright24
FoxFireAlchemist
Lord E V
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

All That Wasted Stuff Empty
PostSubject: All That Wasted Stuff   All That Wasted Stuff EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 1:19 am

So, you know how members who go inactive get deleted?  Isn't it a shame when someone gathers a lot of items, then goes inactive and all of that beautiful stuff just gets thrown away?  Most of the time it's simple things like common berries, seeds and orbs, but sometimes it's more important things.  Maybe things that person had that they couldn't use, but that could have been very useful to someone else.  Isn't it a shame to just throw all of this away?  Since a properly functioning trade system has been an issue on the site for a while, maybe the items from deleted accounts could be given a use to help with this issue.

My suggestion is simple; add an NPC-run shop to the site that takes all of the items from deleted accounts and sells them at discounted prices.  This would help preserve extremely rare items, such as things that can only be gotten from events or from very difficult dungeons, under the assumption someone comes into contact with a rare item that's not useful to them, hoards it then leaves the site.  It's also a general way to keep large portions of the site's items from just falling into the void, like if someone like myself, @Dracorexion or @Bird suddenly went inactive.  I dunno about everyone else, but I feel like it would be a huge waste if Draco went inactive and all his items were thrown away.

As for their Poké, why not put it into something like the lottery?  These seem like much better options than slowly killing the site's economy by throwing away portions of it every time someone goes inactive.

As for the characters with those who have a shiny, I feel like those should also be considered for adoption once a person's account is deleted, perhaps given a higher adoption difficulty, but that doesn't exactly help the site's economy much if any.

Credit to other people whom I am too lazy to bring myself to name individually for the idea.

Last edited by BlueKat12 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : There my name is technically on it)
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
Moderator and Dark Ducklett Priestess
FoxFireAlchemist

Poké : 5045

PostSubject: Re: All That Wasted Stuff   All That Wasted Stuff EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 1:49 am

I SECOND THIS NOTION
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

PostSubject: Re: All That Wasted Stuff   All That Wasted Stuff EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 3:35 am

Yes, we cannot allow my spare mega stone, my many boxes, berries, tms, orbs, sticks, and other such incredibly valuable stuff to be wasted. ESPECIALLY THE STICKS.
Back to top Go down
StarBright24

StarBright24

Poké : 658

PostSubject: Re: All That Wasted Stuff   All That Wasted Stuff EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 11:20 pm

NUUUUU NOT THE STIIIICKS.
Back to top Go down
LanceTheDragon

LanceTheDragon

Poké : 5000

PostSubject: Re: All That Wasted Stuff   All That Wasted Stuff EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 12:21 am

PROTECT DA STICKS!!
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: All That Wasted Stuff   All That Wasted Stuff EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 11:49 am

Well you guys are late to the party /shot
Back to top Go down
StarBright24

StarBright24

Poké : 658

PostSubject: Re: All That Wasted Stuff   All That Wasted Stuff EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 3:33 pm

*Fashionably late.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: All That Wasted Stuff   All That Wasted Stuff EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 4:46 pm

Good to see everyone's really discussing the topic in depth here.

*applauds*
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: All That Wasted Stuff   All That Wasted Stuff EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 11:12 am

Well, Blue or one of the admins already shot it down.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: All That Wasted Stuff   All That Wasted Stuff EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 5:31 pm

Just because it's been denied doesn't mean it can't be developed into something that could be approved. It also doesn't excuse that you've all been spamming the topic and derailing it. Either post an intelligent conversation that contributes to the topic or don't post at all please.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: All That Wasted Stuff   All That Wasted Stuff EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 7:27 pm

Well Sova did a pretty damn good job explaining it, and it's hard to improve something if you're not given constructive critism on it.

What do you think is bad about this idea?
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

Poké : 12294

PostSubject: Re: All That Wasted Stuff   All That Wasted Stuff EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 8:36 pm

Hmm, well, it would make coming back pretty difficult. Like any roleplay site, this place has people dropping out, but this site also sports a lot of those who return here. It's a good thing and no many places have that going for them, so I guess that means you're doing something right, hah. However, if one loses their items, it could make returning that much more difficult. That is something you would want to avoid, I assume? Nothing wrong with having to drop out and coming back when you have more time in my eyes. Life can go in many directions, no need to penalize people for that.

I was thinking that there could be some kind of will system where you can sign up if you want your items auctioned off in case you disappear, maybe even saying if there's some items you would like to keep just in case you manage to come back... But that would probably end up in people not signing up for it or keeping the valuable items others would actually want, so it would be like the system didn't exist in the first place.

Some kind of auction like that could be a great way to get rid of some money in the system, though. The problem is that people don't want to buy junk. Maybe we can come up with more shop items to come up with uses for items like sticks and orbs, hah. Previously useless items have gotten new uses now, so that has been a great thing to see and I expect it to continue!
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: All That Wasted Stuff   All That Wasted Stuff EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:15 pm

@Bird, Accounts are deleted after like.... a year of inactivity. If you don't come on the site at all for an entire year, your account gets deleted, because you're clearly no longer in any way interested in the site. If that happens, all of your items (and any of your characters that haven't been adopted) are deleted as well, because you've been gone a year. What I'm arguing for isn't for someone who has a lapse in activity to have all their stuff taken away. I just think that when accounts are set for deletion, their items should be kept and given to others through some means.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: All That Wasted Stuff   All That Wasted Stuff EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 10:28 pm

Also, the economy of the site is poor at best. Thise who have itens don't want to get rid of them, even if they'd only be useful on the chance that they buy a character whose species could use them. On the flip side, those with lots of money tend to only spend it on certain things, such as one very useful shop, or nothing at all. Mainly that is because they're "saving up" for a potential character or a certain service.

Other than an npc shop, this is the best solution to at least get some spending going on while not explicitly spawning the items.
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

Poké : 780

PostSubject: Re: All That Wasted Stuff   All That Wasted Stuff EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 4:24 am

The economy of this site is admittedly pretty bad. And another thing, people who have items don't have to get rid of them, since there's a black hole somewhere that stores their stuff, and they can keep it for all eternity. If you have the space for it, then that does in fact lead to hoarding, which often causes the problem of having too many items in the first place. I also do remember when we had a service some time ago, where it was basically a Kangaskhan storage, it wasn't a very good system, and besides didn't really do much. If I were to say it bluntly, it caused unnecessary posting, compared to a much more streamlined system of writing what you had in storage, and what you didn't.

From my understanding, hoarding comes when you know that you have enough space to hold things, and thus you do not feel the need to give it up. This causes the thinking that 'I should hold onto this just in case it might become useful'. For instance I do remember Blue selling Pika a TM that might have become useful, or that he could try to sell it for a higher price. I do not believe it actually happened for a long time. 

I mean, it's hard to give up stuff. And people aren't exactly willing to buy stuff off you. They could be buying Joy Ribbons, or characters, or bags. Although most people might disagree, I found when you're forced to only have a certain amount of space (I'm looking at you, Pokemon Rumble), then most people realize what they need and don't need, and then they get rid of what they don't need. 

We could also have a nonprofit exchange system for the items that people 'get rid of', since as they say 'One man's trash is another man's treasure.' so that the TMs that we keep saving get actually used. Although, we probably would have to say that items like Sticks won't be offered. I mean, how often do people even use them?

tl;dr: We should fix the hoarding issue first, instead of the fact that when people get deleted, they had a lot of stuff that gets wasted. Especially having stuff that gets 'wasted' happens anyways with active rpers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All That Wasted Stuff   All That Wasted Stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

All That Wasted Stuff
Page 1 of 1