Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya.

Go down 
+4
Lumin
Silver
Lord E V
FoxFireAlchemist
8 posters
AuthorMessage
FoxFireAlchemist
Moderator and Dark Ducklett Priestess
FoxFireAlchemist

Poké : 5045

Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya. Empty
PostSubject: Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya.   Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya. EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:02 am

It has come to the attention of myself and a few others that one of the site's systems is fairly broken. Namely, the exploration ranking/mission system. It is absurdly difficult to get a team to a high rank, even if you have four separate people taking missions for their characters on a team constantly. You may be thinking "But it's not supposed to be easy!" and this is true. However, this is beyond hard. Don't believe me? I'll prove it.

Lets start by looking at how many missions at bare minimum would be required to reach each rank from the last. Keep in mind this is assuming you take nothing but the highest ranked missions available to your team.

Grey Rank to White Rank - 5.

White Rank to Bronze Rank - 10.

Bronze Rank to Silver Rank - 20.

Silver Rank to Gold Rank - 10.

Gold Rank to Platinum Rank - 6.

Platinum Rank to Emerald Rank - 13.

Emerald Rank to Diamond Rank - 10.

Diamond Rank to Legendary Rank - 39.

Legendary Rank to Master Rank - 50.

The most obvious issue at a glance is likely that the rankings were clearly not well thought out. Why does it require so many more missions for Silver than for Gold, for instance? Then even less for Platinum. Not only does this make no sense, it makes it absurdly difficult for anyone to get to Silver Rank, which honestly isn't even supposed to be a big accomplishment.

Now, onto how unreasonable the numbers are. To some people, this alone may not seem like a lot. The numbers really only start getting high around the last two ranks, after all. However, the total is 163. At bare minimum, a team would need to take 163 missions to get to the highest rank, still assuming the team does nothing but the highest ranked missions available to them. No one has this much time, NO ONE. Regardless, you may still be thinking this is reasonable, so lets next see how many pages are required.

Gray Rank to White Rank - 15 pages.

White Rank to Bronze Rank - 40 pages

Bronze Rank to Silver Rank - 100 pages

Silver Rank to Gold Rank - 70 pages

Gold Rank to Platinum Rank - 54 pages

Platinum Rank to Emerald Rank - 143 pages

Emerald Rank to Diamond Rank - 140 pages

Diamond Rank to Legendary Rank - 624 pages

Legendary Rank to Master Rank - 900 pages

I'm guessing by now you're starting to see a problem, namely 900 pages required to get from Legendary to Master Rank. We aren't done yet, though. The total is 2086 pages, with this many pages you can get 417 levels(695 with a Joy Ribbon) as well as 41,720 Poké. At this point, neither of these resources would be an issue to someone, obviously, so why in the world is the reward for reaching the highest rank MORE of these resources that the person or people in question won't need at this point? That is, assuming someone somehow manages to GET to this rank.

So, who wants to go do 163 missions, equivalent to 2086 pages(Easily 4x more than any single member has on all of their characters combined), just to get rewards you won't even need at that point? I dunno about you all, but that sure sounds like a fun time to me!

Bottom line, I think it would be more than reasonable to change this system to make it a bit more... reasonable. A few suggestions would be to raise the amount of points missions give(and balance them out so that there is a more linear increase instead of being all over the place with Silver being harder to reach than Platinum) and to lower the amount of pages required(18 on the highest ranked missions. How often do you see an 18 page thread?)

Need some more convincing? There's a total of 62120 posts on the forum at the moment this topic was made. Multiply 2086 by 15 and you get 31290. That's half the forum. Ok, now, let's mark off all of the posts that are not the main site. That leaves us with 32293, taking off about 29827 posts from the out of character. If you had a full party of four different people, which is the max you can have on a team, then each person would have to post 7822.5 times. Still think its not broken? Your head is broken.

[Credit to Sova and BlueKat12 for being my edgy Gogoat calcutor]
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

PostSubject: Re: Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya.   Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya. EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:04 am

Yes pls. I don't want to be here for 10 years just to get to Master Rank.
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Poké : 6040

PostSubject: Re: Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya.   Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya. EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:27 am

Agreed. Very much Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

Poké : 6581

PostSubject: Re: Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya.   Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya. EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:28 am

I haven't even joined a team yet and I couldn't agree harder on this point. With math like that, who can argue? o_o
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

PostSubject: Re: Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya.   Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya. EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:43 am

O.O holy...

Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya. 4sKJaDh

Why the hell didn't Laurel or I do the math on this when we made it? |D
Back to top Go down
Vulpes

Vulpes

Poké : 0

PostSubject: Re: Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya.   Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya. EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:56 am

I may add, assuming you are an all out RPer, thats like 15 paragraph a page, 7.5 each person. Thats like two pages in a book. Which is like 4000 real pages. Which is like the entire harry potter series just to get master rank. Even worse as that paragraph number gets bigger. Assuming you are doing bare minimum of 3 sentences, lets say average half a paragraph, that's still half of the harry potter series... and I mean harry potter for each person btw, not collectively. That's an insane amount, much less for keeping it straight in the records. Its way too much responsibility for poster and the record checker if anyone were to actually post that much.

Not that it matters, cause its 99.99% obvious that its going to be re-calibrated at this rate anyways xD
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

PostSubject: Re: Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya.   Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya. EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 6:42 am

Here is a simple suggestion for fixing the guild system.  This will both lower the requirements to make them not insanely unreasonable and organize them in a linear, steadily increasing rate.

Total points required for each rank and highest level of missions available:

Grey Rank - 0 – F
White Rank - 50 – E
Bronze Rank – 200 – D
Silver Rank - 400 – B
Gold Rank – 900 – S
Platinum Rank – 2,000 - *0
Emerald Rank – 5,000 - *3
Diamond Rank – 11,000 - *5
Legendary Rank – 19,000 – XX
Master Rank – 29,000

Points rewarded for missions:

F - 10
E - 15
D - 20
C - 30
B - 50
A - 75
S - 110
*0 - 300
*1 - 400
*2 - 500
*3 - 600
*4 - 700
*5 - 800
X - 900
XX - 1000

Minimum page requirements to complete missions:

F - 2 Pages
E - 2 Pages
D - 3 Pages
C - 3 Pages
B - 4 Pages
A - 4 Pages
S - 5 Pages

* - 5 Pages
*0 - 6 Pages
*1 - 6 Pages
*2 - 7 Pages
*3 - 7 Pages
*4 - 8 Pages
*5 - 8 Pages
X - 9 Pages
XX - 9 Pages

Minimum missions/pages required to progress to the next rank:

Grey to White – 5 Missions, 10 Pages
White to Bronze – 10 Missions, 20 Pages
Bronze to Silver – 10 Missions, 30 Pages
Silver to Gold – 10 Missions, 40 Pages
Gold to Platinum – 10 Missions, 50 Pages
Platinum to Emerald – 10 Missions, 60 Pages
Emerald to Diamond – 10 Missions, 70 Pages
Diamond to Legendary – 10 Missions, 80 Pages
Legendary to Master – 10 Missions, 90 Pages

Total - 85 missions, 450 pages. Doesn't this look much more organized and reasonable?
Back to top Go down
Jax

Jax

Poké : 2115

PostSubject: Re: Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya.   Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya. EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 3:56 pm

This is a great insult to me personally.

I am shocked. How will I ever achive Master Rank now? This is no good.

I demand this be fixed at once.

Very offended. Very shocked.

Oh yes.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya.   Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya. EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 6:15 pm

Sova's solution has been accepted, edits will be made accordingly as well as an announcement to notify those not watching/reading this thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya.   Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya. Empty

Back to top Go down

Alright. I've got some "General Feedback" for ya.
Page 1 of 1