Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Helping a friend gain strength

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

Poké : 9308

Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 5:43 am

First topic message reminder :

Jak {37-16=21}
~Before Reaching Mountain Base~
After spending some time in grassveil in his home to rest from his recent journey's. Jak to take a visit into the town center.
He stumbled across an old friend in town. That person was a buizel named Jet. Jet had always come off as a little shy and timid pokemon to Jak. However Jak knew he had a lot of potential.

When Jak had saw his old friend. Jak offered to help train Jet some more. He seemed to like the idea of getting more training. Jak offered to bring him to Black Mist Mountain for some training. It would be a bit tougher then the normal areas around grassveil, but it would be helpful to Jet. Jet was a bit hesitant to do so at first, given that he had never been very far beyond Rainfront Town before. But he would be with Jak, somebody he knew he could trust and rely on...and it would serve to help him grow better than what he was used to. He needed greater progress than what he was currently receiving. After agreeing, Jak stated that they should prepare for the trip. It would be a few days trip to the mountain, especially from grassveil. The Buizel nodded to him, knowing full well that the mountain range was much farther than he had ever traveled before. He was definitely going to need to be properly prepared.
"So, I am going to get ready for the trip.. Meet me at the exit from town when your ready to head out." Jak stated as he waved to the Buizel. Jet nodded again, returning the wave before departing and seeking to gather what materials he would need as well. He just hoped that he could pull his own weight out there and wouldn't end up dragging Jak down with him....

~On the way to Mountain~
Jak had been walking at a steady pace with the Buizel, ensuring that they had not gotten too tired when they arrived there. Having breaks every so often , resting at night in natural shelters along the path. They both would have to be in top condition if they happened to have come across some hostile natives early on their adventure. "We are almost there. We should arrive there before tonight..." Jak stated as he looked around to see if there was any natural shelters from the elements for the night. The weather had been unstable in recent days. So Jak had not liked being out overnight without something overhead, Just incase the weather decided to go for the worst and start raining on him. Knowing that he could die if the rain got heavy enough, being something he had gotten used to doing before nightfall,

"We should probably keep an eye out for shelter the rest of the way. I really don't like getting caught outside when having to rest... It isn't fun being caught outside if it suddenly starts to rain... However, I can't say the same for you." Jak stated with a slight chuckle.

"How are you holding up so far?" Jak asked the Buizel, making sure he was still doing alright on the travel to the mountain.

Note For Staff:
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Digizel

Digizel

Poké : 860

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 1:52 am

{Energy: 0 + 1 (new page) = 1}

Jet shook his head at Jak's words almost immediately. He even surprised himself at his action, but...still, he was somewhat determined this time. "I...I understand what you're saying, Jak..." he said. "But I can't afford to take things so slowly and cautiously sometimes." He let out a small sigh. "But I do know the dangers of pushing myself too hard. I just...I don't want to be too much of a coward to push myself because I am afraid of getting too hurt." He watched as Jak looked away for a moment before deciding to add, "...I just have to be mindful, don't I?" He was happy that the Charmeleon was so concerned for his well-being. But at the same time, he did not want to restrict himself too much.

Finally, though, he turned his attention to the Cubone. He had to admit, when the Pokémon took a more serious, defensive stance, Jet felt a moment of hesitation. That stance, coupled with the look and the words he said, caused him to reconsider. But no...he could not allow himself to give up because his opponent was giving him a scary look. If he was going to put all of his strength and energy into this, then he couldn't be running away from any battles at all. "That's...that's okay with me," he said to the Cubone, nodding in a fashion that showed more confidence than he actually possessed. "I...I want to take your best. I won't be pushing myself to be my best if I can't handle something like this. E-even if I end up losing...at least I'll know more about my limits."
Back to top Go down
http://pkmndn2.proboards.com/
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 2:54 am

Jak 8

Encounters

Pokemon

Friendly, Neutral, Hostile, Unknown
Hover over pokemon to see their status or notes

AbsolCubone
(3) Aggron(2) Poochyena
Mightyena(1) Archen

Items

Coaster's RollDigi's Roll
(1) Bound Seed(2) House Orb
(3) TM Double Team(1) TM Double Team
(1) Spurn Orb(1) Spurn Orb
(2) Sitrus Berry
(1) Bound Seed
(1) TM Stone Edge
Jak knew immediately after the Buizel wasn't going to back down at this. That he was most likely going to have to revive him. He just waited, how ever much he hated to do so. He knew that the Cubone, since it did not already finish him... Had some restraint on itself.

The Cubone grunted, "Unwise, but determined..." it said blankly before quickly threw its bone club to the side, purposely missing the Buizel by about a foot. However if Jet didn't react to it properly, it would come back and hit him from behind. After a second went after he threw his club, he rushed towards the Buizel just as the bone started making its return trip.

Note to staff: I have had it with forumotion, this post is not a duplicate of the previous. Forumotion deleted my previous post AGAIN.... This is entirely not my doing, because I made sure for a fact that I posted in the right page... It even stated new post when I went into my history...
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 3:14 am

Jet nodded to the Cubone, now ready to complete their battle. He was somewhat happy that the Ground-type Pokémon would accept his challenge, no matter how obvious the outcome might be. 'Unwise, is it...?' Jet murmured in his thoughts. He had to admit, the Cubone was probably right. Despite his type advantage, this Pokémon was probably stronger and more skilled. He might be able to use his possibly-superior speed to his advantage, but he wondered how far that might actually get him. Plus, for all he knew, this Cubone might actually be faster than him too.

While the Buizel was lost in his strategies and thoughts on his potential tactics, the Cubone had decided to make the first move. The thrown bone caught Jet by surprise and he instinctively moved his head to the side to avoid the attack. However...the bone missed its mark by a large margin. Huh...? Jet thought. Perhaps this Cubone was not as skilled as he thought he was after all? He turned his attention back to the Ground-type, only to see him rushing straight for him. "What-?" Jet exclaimed, stumbling backward slightly as his opponent approached him. What was he going to do, throw a headbutt? A punch or kick? A-

SMACK!

Jet soon felt a sharp blow to his back. "Agh...!" he cried out in surprise and pain. His body was thrown forward again, and he hit the ground hard, prone at the Cubone's feet. "Wh-what was...?"

Digizel carried out 1 launched of one Black Mist Mountain :
Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 AZTkyVm
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 3:31 am

Jak 8

Encounters

Pokemon

AbsolCubone
(3) Aggron(2) Poochyena
Mightyena(1) Archen

Items

(3) TM Double Team(1) TM Double Team
(2) Sitrus Berry
(1) Bound Seed
(1) TM Stone Edge
(1) Reviver Seed
Jak watched as the bone skipped past Jet, seeing as Jet had not paid any attention to the bone, and the Cubone came rushing towards him. Even if he was to dodge the bone like boomerang, The cubone would have grabbed it and smacked him to the ground again. However, on the other hand, as of which did happen. Was if he did not dodge the club as it flew, he would get a nice smack behind him.

In all honesty, Jak sometimes got confused with these kinds of attacks, It was something he had practiced with Obera before. However, she always found a way to trick him again. It was something he began getting used to at least.

"Be aware of surroundings..." it said as it turned and walked back to where it started. It seemed to be taking this as a sort of sparring match. He waited for the Buizel to get back up before he repeated his move. However this time he prepared for whether or not the Buizel would dodge the bone as it returned. If he did, then it would immediately either ram him with his skull, or if he was able to catch his bone if the Buizel doesn't interfere with it, smack it down on the buizel once more.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 3:43 am

{Energy: 1-1 = 0}

Jet looked up, surprised that the Cubone was once again refusing to strike him while he was down and take advantage of his prone position. For a moment, he thought that maybe the Cubone was making fun of him in a way, not wanting to go all-out against him since he couldn't take it. But he shook his head. That couldn't be it. After all, he seemed to be trying to give him advice. It was then that he had the realization. Was this Cubone...trying to help teach him how to become a better, more skilled fighter? He had to admit, the possibility had not come to him until now. And so, he simply nodded and rose back to his feet quickly. His breathing was slightly heavier than it was before, but he still looked as determined as before.

Once again, the Cubone threw his bone and missed him by a large amount. But Jet was not going to be fooled a second time. He watched the bone as it flew by, this time preparing himself. As the bone made its turn, his eyes widened. So that was it...it was a Bonemerang! He considered dodging the second attack as well, and his muscles flexed as though preparing to move. But he stopped. He quickly realized what would happen if he simply dodged. His foe would then undoubtedly merely use it like a club and smash him into the earth again. So instead, he needed to do something different. He quickly tried to whip his tail through the air, aiming a Sonicboom attack behind him. The Sonicboom soared through the air and struck the bone, stopping it in its path.

However, he had taken his attention off of the Cubone this time. A moment later, before he could even begin to celebrate his success in stopping the Bonemerang, felt a powerful skull slam into the pit of his stomach. "URK...!" he coughed, eyes widening as he got the wind knocked out of him. His opponent had taken the bone as a distraction and had slammed his skull directly into his body. Jet coughed hard, sinking to his knees at the Cubone's feet. He struggled to regain his lost breath...he was completely winded by the attack.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 3:56 am

Jak 8

Encounters

Pokemon

AbsolCubone
(3) Aggron(2) Poochyena
Mightyena(1) Archen

Items

(2) Sitrus Berry
(1) Bound Seed
(1) TM Stone Edge
(1) Reviver Seed
Jak once again, winced as he saw the hit. He was pretty amazed at how determined Jet was though. The Cubone definitely seemed to take on the stance of helping train. Which is a bit surprising in the least to Jak.

The Cubone walked behind the Buizel and retrieved his bone club and remained there for a moment as the Buizel regain his breath. "Better... Remember Opponent though." he said as part compliment and part instruction.

This time he waited for Jet to initiate, if he started moving in any way that seemed to be a possible threat. He would immediately get into a defensive stance and respond accordingly to what attack was used.

Jak began to wonder whether or not he should explore the surrounding area where they were battling, to see if there were any items nearby. This is because, from his point of view... The Cubone isn't a serious threat to their safety... It seemed more of, someone that can teach them.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:06 am

"Urnghk...." Jet groaned, paws folded across his midsection while the Cubone left him to retrieve his club. The Buizel took slow, deep breaths over a period of a few seconds before he was finally able to regulate his breathing once again. "R-remember...my opponent..." he murmured lowly. "R-right, got it...." With that said, he climbed back to his feet again and turned around, facing the Lonely Pokémon. To his surprise, he did not seem too eager to let that bone of his fly again. Was he, then, waiting for Jet to initiate the attack? In which case, it would be a test of his offensive capabilities. He gulped at the thought. There was no way this was going to end well for him at all. If there was one thing about him that he had zero confidence in, it was his own strength. Still...he had to at least try, he supposed.

With his decision made, he waited for a moment longer before he began to rush forward. He dashed at the Cubone, water beginning to form on his tail. It began to swirl around the tail like a vortex again, betraying the identity of his attack long before he was able to actually swing it. And finally, once he arrived at the cubone's location, he would attempt to swing his body around and slam the Aqua Tail into the Cubone's side this time. An attack from above had not worked before, so a different angle might be necessary.

However...lingering doubts about his strength creept into his mind at the last few seconds. Then, as though he feared something, he pulled back ever so slightly, which would further weaken the impact of his attack, thus making it easier to stop or deflect. Plus, since he hadn't spun around completely, only turning 180 degrees this time, he did not have as much torque to back it up either.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:47 am

Jak 8

Encounters

Pokemon

AbsolCubone
(3) Aggron(2) Poochyena
Mightyena(1) Archen

Items

(2) Sitrus Berry
(1) Bound Seed
(1) TM Stone Edge
(1) Reviver Seed

Jak wondered around for a bit, as he noticed a seed on the ground nearby the area they were. He walked over to it as the two seemed to spar some more, picking it up and bagging it. It seemed to be a bound seed, something that would bind a target to a spot... Which should be fairly useful to them at some point.

The Cubone watched as the Buizel came at it. Having water coat its tail as it swirled in a vortex like fashion. The cubone hasn't really seen an attack like this before, so he would have to best judge it as it was about to hit him. Not even a few seconds later the attack was very close to him, he just barely noticed the hesitation in the attack and decided to attempt to deflect the attack with his bone club like he has down before. He jump back and club the pokemon to the ground once more if he is successful.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:54 am

Jet's Aqua Tail drew nearer to his target, but he already knew that his attack was not going to work as he wanted it to. There was no way he was good or fast enough to deliver a strong blow like that. And so, when the Cubone deflected his attack using his bone club, he was not surprised. And this time, he was ready. He brought his paws upward in a desperate attempt to raise his guard at the last second. The Cubone's bone slammed against his arms, rather than his body...and because of this, he avoided taking the same direct damage that he'd taken quite a bit of in this battle so far. However, the crushing blow caused him to fall to one of his knees regardless. "NGH!" he grunted. But he did not allow this to stop him...he needed to strike back, since he was not down all the way just yet.

The Buizel attempted to knock the bone club away from him with his left arm. As he did, he pulled his other fist back and attempted to throw it forward. He tried to throw his punch directly at the Cubone's stomach as hard as he could, hoping to actually manage to land the blow this time. However, if the Cubone was able to react quickly enough, it would probably be a simple matter to catch his arm and stop him in his tracks.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:07 am

Jak 8

Encounters

Pokemon

AbsolCubone
(3) Aggron(2) Poochyena
Mightyena(1) Archen

Items

(2) House Orb
(2) Sitrus Berry
(1) Bound Seed
(1) TM Stone Edge
(1) Reviver Seed
Jak looked up towards the mountain for a brief second to notice the mist had started its crawl down the mountain towards them. He sighed, knowing that if they didn't start moving again soon... They would have to venture through near zero visibility conditions. He turned towards the two pokemon as they continued to battle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Cubone let out a light smile as the Buizel had attempted to block his attack with his own arms.  As the Buizel had attempted to knock the bone away, he simply pulled it back to prevent losing it. Then the Buizel had attempted to strike the Cubone's stomach as hard as possible. However, instead he lowered his head to the hit. Having the Buizel strike his bone skull. This possibly hurt pretty badly, considering that the attack the Buizel did was just a regular attack.

It simply remained silent as this had happened. "The environment, the target... your attention.." he said one after another as he threw his bone directly at the Buizel, having it bounce back to him. The cubone then slammed into Jet with his skull... Following up by swinging his bone from the side into the buizel, which should throw him across the area from the impact.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:19 am

Jet's fist slammed up against his target's body. Unfortunately for him, however...it as not the soft belly that he had expected. Rather, he had slammed his curled paw directly into the Cubone's bone skull. This caused his attack to backfire, and he flinched in pain. That bone skull was extremely hard! He had failed to so much as scratch it, while he himself was the one in pain. Was that skull helmet really made of bone? He shook his paw, trying to shake off the pain...but still, he couldn't help but tear up slightly from his now-aching paw. But his attention was drawn from the source of his pain to the Cubone after a short moment.

A moment later, he felt the Cubone's bone cub get thrown powerfully up against his face. He let out a cry of surprise and pain, head getting thrown back from the impact. And then a moment later, the skull helmet was driven deep into his stomach once again, causing his body to fold over it slightly, resulting in him doubling over. And this created a rather inviting target for the Ground-type Pokémon The next moment, the bone slammed powerfully into the side of his face, which caused him to cry out loudly in pain and get thrown hard across the path. His body struck the ground hard, back scraping against the ground as he slid backward a few feet before he finally came to a stop. He groaned from the ground, his entire body aching at this point. "Nghk..." Jet groaned, one again trying to force himself back up. However...this time, he could not seem to even be able to get back onto his knees. He struggled...but could only seem to get his head up enough to look at the Cubone across the path.

Despite his position and level of stamina remaining...he had a look as determined as before. Shockingly...he was still not giving up.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:29 am

Jak 8

Encounters

Pokemon

AbsolCubone
(3) Aggron(2) Poochyena
Mightyena(1) Archen

Items

(2) House Orb
(2) Sitrus Berry
(1) Bound Seed
(1) TM Stone Edge
(1) Reviver Seed
Jak was about to jump in to stop the fight, however it seemed that the fight was over as the cubone got out of his defensive stance and stood at a distance from the Buizel. It then seemed to pull something out from somewhere, some kind of seed, then placed it on the ground next to him. "Unwise..." he said as he turned away from the Buizel.

Jak looked at the Buizel, which seemed to be in pretty bad condition. Who wouldn't be after getting beaten the crap out of with a bone club. He couldn't help but see the look of determination in Jet's eyes. "Jet..." he said softly as he sighed. Just like I was with Obera, when I first met her...

"Jet, you don't have to prove anything. I attempted the same thing with Obera... She only proved me, that everyone has to acknowledge their limits..." he shouted over to the Buizel, hoping that he would stop attempting to beat the Cubone. Which at this rate, was never going to happen.

The Cubone looked towards Jak. "Friend is right... No need to prove..." it added to the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:38 am

Jet saw the Cubone place some kind of seed on the ground...but he did not care about that right now. Instead, he kept his gaze on his opponent while he struggled to get back to his feet. He spared a glance toward Jak when the Charmeleon began to talk, but he said nothing in response to him. He thought about what he had to say for a moment, but quickly shook his head. No...he couldn't. He couldn't let them know how weak he really was. He desperately tried to push himself back up again, struggling against his fatigue and injuries.

"N-no," he murmured weakly. "I-I won't...c-can't..." he started, still trying to ignore the pain he was currently feeling from the various bruises. Was that a broken bone? ...No, it was just another painful bruise. In any case, he refused to finish this fight. Not yet. He had...to...!

Finally, his eyes widened slightly as something in his body gave way. It was almost as though his brain had turned itself off for a moment, being overloaded with the pain he was currently feeling. His upper body fell back to the earth beneath him, head colliding solidly with the ground. His body went completely limp and his head was taken by gravity, muzzle turning and laying at against the ground. Apparently, he had finally passed out, knocked completely unconscious. Finally, his body had acknowledged that Jet had been beaten enough for now.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:57 am

Jak 8

Encounters

Pokemon

AbsolCubone
(3) Aggron(2) Poochyena
Mightyena(1) Archen

Items

(2) House Orb
(2) Sitrus Berry
(1) Bound Seed
(1) TM Stone Edge
(1) Reviver Seed
Jak watched as the Buizel defiantly tried to move towards the Cubone. Jak could only watch as he knew nothing was going to stop him from going after his goal. After a second or two of watching this go on. The Buizel collapsed... Jak seemed to look towards the Cubone and back towards the Buizel. Sighing heavily, "Not as exact as about what happened to me... But similar..." he said softly as he walked over to the Buizel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Cubone stood there as the Buizel refused to give up, however his body instead did the job for him. It basically shut down on him. The Cubone only watched as the Buizel had attempted to get to him. Which never happened... He then picked up the seed and walked over towards the Buizel just after Jak got to him. "Unwise... must learn limits... less he harm himself further." it said as he stood next to Jak. "Same mistake I had made with a friend once... She made it a point that I had to acknowledge my limits..." Jak said. The cubone nodded, and handed Jak the seed.. "Give this to your friend... I will wait up there.." it said as he pointed to an out cropping about 100 feet away.

Jak nodded and took the Reviver seed. He then began to give it to the Buizel.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2015 6:10 am

{Energy: 0 + 24 (Reviver Seed) = 24}

Jet let out a cough as the Reviver Seed was given to him. His boy began to become rejuvenated and his strength returned proportionally to his diminishing exhaustion. His eyes opened soon afterward. A moment later, his gaze focused again and he saw the familiar Charmeleon standing over him. "...J...Jak...." he murmured lowly, almost like he were embarrassed about something. "Wh...what...happened...?" He finally said while he slowly sat himself up. He had tried to move too quickly at first, though, which caused him to flinch in pain. The Reviver Seen hadn't completed its job yet. But eventually, he felt his injuries seem to disappear. He looked around him, searching for any signs of what might have happened. It didn't take a genius to figure out that he had been knocked unconscious. But for some reason, his memory of the event was rather vague. Though whether that was because of the constant blows to his head or if he was actually actively trying not to remember had yet to be seen.

The Buizel then let out a small sigh. "S-sorry to have worried you," he said. "But...what happened? If I was knocked out, why am I back up again? A-and I can barely feel any injuries at all. Not even a bump on my head." As he spoke, he rubbed the back of his head with his paw to make sure. Nope, nothing. It was almost like he had just fallen asleep and was waking up from a nap or something. Nothing remained of the exhaustion he remembered feeling at the beginning of their trek.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helping a friend gain strength   Helping a friend gain strength - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Helping a friend gain strength
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next