Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Viduy for the Devil. (2007)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jax

Jax

Poké : 2115

Viduy for the Devil. (2007) Empty
PostSubject: Viduy for the Devil. (2007)   Viduy for the Devil. (2007) EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 5:16 am

"A good name is better than fine perfume, and the day of death is greater than the day of birth.

It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of everyone; the living should take this to heart."

- Ecclesiastes 7:1-2

---------------------

The building was abandoned. From between the boards nailed to the windows, light streamed into what may have once been a family's home, the dust dancing through the air. Now, the place was barren. Shadows and memories haunted these halls. Below, the echoes of a busy street sounded forever away.

She began to wash.

"Avúr Michael..."

She soaked her hands in the water, up to her elbows. First the right, then the left. Then, taking a towel in her hands, dried herself. Then once again, she washed and dried. And then once more.

For Michael...

She slipped the gloves over her hands. The rifle had been prepared. It stood at attention, pointing out the window. She took her place.

"Modeh ani l'fönechö, adonöy elohai, vay-lohay avosai, she-r'fu-ösi b'yödechö umisösi b'yödechö."

As she flipped off the safety, she pressed the butt of the rifle to her shoulder and leaned into it, peering through the scope. As the cold metal pressed into her shoulder, she shook.

I acknowledge before You, Lord my God and the God of my fathers, that my recovery and my death are in Your hands.

On the street below, men and women trailed through the plaza. Cars honked and lurched through the streets. The crowd was immense, too many to count. In this mass, she sought only one.

"Y'hi rötzon mil'fönecho, she-tirpö-ayni r'fu-öh sh'laymöh, v'im ömus, t'hay misösi cha-pöröh al köl chatö-im va-avonos uf'shö-im she-chötösi v'she-övisi v'shepösha-ti l'fönechö, v'sayn chelki b'gan ayden, v'zakayni lö-olöm habö ha-tzöfun la-tzadikim."

Michael Fasburn had made a fortune on the pain and suffering of others. He had profited from distributing dangerous drugs far and wide across the east coast. He had ties to hundreds of minders and kidnappings, and was a major player in human trafficking out of America. His time was well overdue

May it be Your will that You heal me with total recovery, but, if I die, may my death be an atonement for all the errors, iniquities, and willful sins I have erred, sinned and transgressed before You, and may You grant my share in the Garden of Eden, and grant me the merit to abide in the World to Come which is vouchsafed for the righteous.

In the crowd, she saw him. Tall, tan, and handsome. He was sitting at a table, enjoying his lunch. He sipped at a coffee while reading a paper. His legs were crossed and he was relaxed. He knew nothing. Her finger inched towards the trigger and she breathed deeply.

"Elo-hayu vay-lohay avosaynu, tövo l'fönechö t'filösaynu, v'al tis-alam mit'chinösaynu, she-ayn önu azay fönim uk'sahy oref lomar l'fönechö adoöy el-ohaynu vay-lohay avosaynu, tza-dikim anachnu v'lo chö-tönu, avöl anach-nu va-avosaynu chötonu."

Two men stood besides him, his hired body guards. There was little chance they would find her here. The silencer on the rifle would ensure that. It had all been planed this way. The execution would be public. The crowd would see and know.

Our God and God of our fathers, may our prayers come before You, and do not turn away from our supplication, for we are not so impudent and obdurate as to declare before You, Lord our God and God of our fathers, that we are righteous and have not sinned. Indeed, we and our fathers have sinned.

She breathed deeply once more. She let all tension and fear exit her. Her finger wrapped gently around the trigger, squeezing ever so gently.

"Ösham-nu, bögadnu, gözalnu, dibarnu dofi. He-evinu, v'hirsha-nu, zad-nu, chömas-nu, töfal'nu sheker. Yö-atznu rö, kizavnu, latz-nu, mörad-nu, ni-atznu, sörarnu, övinu, pösha-nu, tzörarnu, shichas-nu, tiavnu, tö-inu, ti-tö-nu. Sarnu mimitz-vosechö umi-mish-pötechö ha-tovim v'lo shövöh lönu. V'atöh tzadik al köl habö ölaynu, ki emes ösiso va-anachnu hirshö-nu."

His head lined up perfectly in the sights. She could see him breathing. Watch as he took a bite out of his sandwich before sipping his coffee. She could see his eyes move across the paper as he took in the day's news.

We have transgressed, we have acted perfidiously, we have robbed, we have slandered. We have acted perversely and wickedly, we have willfully sinned, we have done violence, we have imputed falsely. We have given evil counsel, we have lied, we have scoffed, we have rebelled, we have provoked, we have been disobedient, we have committed iniquity, we have wantonly transgressed, we have oppressed, we have been obstinate. We have committed evil, we have acted perniciously, we have acted abominably, we have gone astray, we have lead others astray. We have strayed from Your good precepts and ordinances, and it has not profited us. Indeed, You are just in all that has come upon us, for You have acted truthfully, and it is we who have acted wickedly.

Fasburn folded his paper and finished his sandwich. He was about to get up. She breathed once more. This was the moment.

"Ri-bono shel olöm, y'hi rötzon mil'fönechö she-yih-yeh shölom m'nuchösi."

She depressed the trigger and felt the rifle kick into her shoulder. There was little sound. Something registering at about the level of a cough emanated from the gun. Fasburn's head erupted in a cloud of red mist. He spun around and collapsed to the ground. There were screams. The crowd panicked. It was done.

Master of the Universe, may it be Your will that my passing be in peace.

In moments, she had packed away any trace of her presence. Everything had been cleaned. The Hashshashin calmly walked out of the room and into the stairwell. From there, she headed out the back of the building and onto the street below. Far over head, among the skyscrapers, an eagle circled through the sky.
Back to top Go down

Viduy for the Devil. (2007)
Page 1 of 1