Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Lost? Or simply wandering?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Lost? Or simply wandering? Empty
PostSubject: Lost? Or simply wandering?   Lost? Or simply wandering? EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:49 pm

This clearing truly was a great place to relax. The clearing was quiet, only disturbed by the mild noises one can find in the wild. The sun's rays were gently covering the clearing and making the pure water glint with their brilliance. A gentle breeze traveled through the air, soothing all who walk in the hot, unshaded areas by caressing their bodies. And for some reason, the breeze carried with it some bubbles. The pond was surrounded by trees that stood tall and proud, their leaves slowly but surely returning to them with the season of Spring. While the clearing seemed devoid of life, one would only need to follow the direction of the bubbles to find the source of their creation.

Sitting on a branch of a tree surrounding the pond, one can see a dark blue creature leaning against the trunk. Its eyes had a sickly yellow color in them and were surrounded by black marking. The creature's cheeks were orange, expanding and contracting as it breathed in and out, joined with a croaking sound. Its chest possessed a black ring and white bands, with the feet and hands being of a black color, its middle fingers being orange. In one of its hands the creature held a long, thin pipe, the source of the bubbles whenever the Pokémon blew in its pipe. One of its legs was hung over the branch, lazily going back and forth.

The Pokémon, a Croagunk, was truly at bliss in the clearing. No annoying orders, no rushed travels, just him and the relaxing calmness that was spread over the pond. As he blew on his pipe, the Croagunk contemplated his next action. 'Hmmm, perhaps I should have taken the left path instead. Certainly, I wouldn't have found this spot but at least I would have been productive.' The Croagunk sighed, a mix of satisfaction and frustration in the exhale of air, before he took his pipe again.'I guess I'll just stay here until the sun sets. That way I can relax and be productive. Yes, that's a good idea.' With that thought, the Croagunk put his pipe away and lowered his eyelids, planning on taking a good nap. He oh so hoped he wouldn't be disturbed, or at least not be disturbed for no reason.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

Poké : 860

PostSubject: Re: Lost? Or simply wandering?   Lost? Or simply wandering? EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 6:56 pm

Jet wandered around, looking up and down and left and right. He had arrived at the Pond because he had recently come to a conclusion. Perhaps he wasn't yet ready to join the Guild yet, like he really wanted to. After all, he had heard many stories about the Guild since arriving in Grassveil. He had heard about the many skilled Explorers who came from this Guild and about their various successes and famous endeavors. He heard stories about how they braved even very difficult odds and managed to come out victorious. He just wasn't sure if he was ready to jump into that or not. At least, not quite yet.

It was for that reason that he found himself at the Small Pond once again, which was a location he had really taken to. It was a calm, happy place and he could usually find a good place to come by and think about anything he wanted to. The Buizel looked around for any source of life, wondering if he could find anybody to help him out. It wasn't long before the Buizel's eyes settled on the bubbles floating around in the sky. Bubbles...? Was somebody perhaps using a Bubble attack or something? If so, then what were they fighting? Or were they merely training, just like he planned to? Well, there was really only one way to find out, wasn't there? With that, he steeled himself...he needed help, and his friends weren't around right now to help him.

Jet quickly found the source of the bubbles, although he had to admit that the source he found was mildly disappointing. It was nothing but a blue frog-like Pokémon sitting lazily up in one of the trees. A quick scan of the Pokémon led him to believe that the pipe he was holding onto was the true source of the bubbles. Since this was the source, there was nobody training out here. He let out a small, audible sigh of disappointment. But at least he was able to identify the Pokémon a Croagunk. He had seen many of them back home at the Marsh. Although the Croagunk there had mostly been feral and he had avoided them as much as possible. Perhaps, though, he could convince this Croagunk to help him? Training with him might provide him insights on how to handle other Croagunk...or even other Pokémon that might have a similar battle style.

"U-um...ex...excuse me!?" Jet called up into the tree, approaching it with caution. "I'm, uh...sorry to bother you, but I was just...erm...wondering if I could ask you for some help...?" He blushed a bit as he called up at the Croagunk...he was not used to being the one to start a conversation. In fact, he actively avoided it under most circumstances, unless he knew the other Pokémon. But here, he would have no choice if he wanted to find a training partner today....
Back to top Go down
http://pkmndn2.proboards.com/

PostSubject: Re: Lost? Or simply wandering?   Lost? Or simply wandering? EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 9:04 pm

The Croagunk had not closed his eyes for ten seconds and he was already being disturbed by someone. He wanted to ignore them and to simply relax in the tranquility of the pond, but the manners beaten in him did not allow it. Releasing a small sigh, the blue frog like creature opens his eyes and stares at the leaves hanging above him. He calmly moved his gaze from the slowly moving green leaves to the ground and thus to the source that broke his relaxation. Grabbing his pipe, Avery sedately puts one end from the piece of wood between his teeth, before blowing in it and producing a small amount of bubbles. His gaze never left the newcomer, as he took in the appearance. The creature certainly would not fare well in a game of 'Hide-and-Seek', what with the bright colors that marred its fur. Avery could not quite place a name to the creature, until he noticed the yellow 'collar' it carried. 'Hmm? Isn't that, a Buizel?'

He was a tad bit familiar with the species of Water types due to his tribe's nomadic and merchant way of life combined with integrating with every local populace from the places they visited. He would be lying to himself though if this Buizel wasn't interesting compared to its species. He was accustomed to self confident, sometimes bordering on plain arrogant, Buizels whenever he saw one of them or talked with them. This Buizel on the other hand, seemed to be far more timid, and if the obvious blush was any indication then it didn't share the same confidence as its brethren. Whether that was a good thing or a bad, Avery did not know and did not really care all that much.

The Buizel's request was an odd one, in Avery's opinion. After all, it was not safe to ask a total stranger for a spar with no one around. For all the Buizel knew Avery could be a few levels away from evolving and part of a crime gang. Oh well, it was quite refreshing to see such optimism in fellow Pokémon. With that thought in mind, Avery leaned backwards and because he changed his seating so he no longer leaned against the trunk, the hybrid fell of the branch. Though instead of landing on his head, the Croagunk spun in the air once so that he'd easily land on his feet, pipe still in his mouth and blowing bubbles. He closed his eyes and gave the other Pokémon a small smile, hoping to ease its nervousness, before pulling the pipe out his lips so he could speak.

"I see no problem with a slight spar. I needed to be a bit more productive anyway. Though I would like to offer my own request in return. Do you mind guiding me to Grassveil Town, and if possible show me around a bit? I am new in these parts and have slightly lost my way." He hoped the Buizel would accept his request, Avery did not fancy trekking through the woods any longer than necessary, especially after the spar, and having a local around would be beneficial to him. He blinked once, as if he remembered something, before chuckling. "Do forgive my rudeness, but may I know the name of my sparring partner? I am called Avery, member of the Northern Nomadic Marsh Tribe."
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Lost? Or simply wandering?   Lost? Or simply wandering? EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:55 pm

The small Buizel's eyes widened as he saw the Croagunk he had decided to speak to suddenly seem to slip off of the tree branch he was staying in. But before he could open his mouth and let out a cry that would reflect his surprise, he realized that the Croagunk didn't act surprised. Instead, he had managed to turn himself around in midair and land on his feet with such ease that he almost forgot to close his mouth again. It then became obvious to him that he had done all of this on purpose. Normally, Jet would have easily discounted this act as one of a show-off, but the Croagunk's demeanor seemed to suggest otherwise. After all, he didn't seem the boastful type and he certainly didn't seem arrogant or anything of the sort. Instead, he seemed to be calm and collected; almost like a stoic to some degree.

He hadn't even given credence to the idea that perhaps, just maybe, this Pokémon was actually a bad Pokémon. He might have even been a criminal mastermind or some kind of Pokémon murderer and he wouldn't have even given it a thought.

Jet watched as the Croagunk pulled the bubble pipe out o his mouth to speak and he braced himself. Here it came...the attitude that he would have expected, or simply the denial and show of annoyance at the interruption. That was what he had expected of the Croagunk, anyway. What he got instead, however, was not only an acceptance of a practice battle, but a counter-request. That surprised him. He certainly wasn't used to getting requests to help somebody. He had always given off the aura that he was meek and virtually useless in his own mind, but perhaps this Croagunk thought differently. Whatever the case, he needed to reply soon before he accidently got on the Croagunk's nerves.

"O-oh, er...yes," Jet stammered in response, his blush of embarrassment only deepening as he tried to come up with what he needed to say. Clearly, Avery's smile had done nothing to comfort him. "W-well, you see...th-the thing is that I'm new to Grassveil Town as well you see...." His eyes shifted from left to right, only glancing at the Croagunk he was speaking to only occasionally. "I-I mean, I can show you the way to Grassveil, sure.... B-but I don't know much about the layout of the town myself. Only that the Guild is on the north side of town, to be completely honest." As he had continued to speak, he could feel himself slowly gaining the confidence he needed to maintain a normal conversation and his eyes started to settle on the Croagunk for longer periods of time. The longer he spoke without the Croagunk without ridicule, the more comfortable he was with the conversation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost? Or simply wandering?   Lost? Or simply wandering? EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:47 pm

Avery raised his left eyebrow barely an inch as he noticed the look of surprise on the orange furred Pokémon's face. Surely his request to have a simple guide wasn't that far fetched? Having put the pipe in his mouth once more, the Croagunk slowly breathed in it while his orange cheek pouches enlarge and shrink with each breath he takes and releases. His raised eyebrow lowered as he listened to the Water type's stammering and took to simply watching the Pokémon's antics. Well then, if its unease hadn't been obvious before it certainly became now as the Buizel basically informed him it was no local either. Avery chuckled good natured at the information he gained and the way it was related to him.

Taking the pipe out of his mouth once more, Avery planned to put the Buizel at ease. While it was amusing to see the Water type act all timid at first, he cut the brightly colored Pokémon some slack and decided to pull him out of the awkward situation, for the Buizel that is.

"That is of no concern. In fact, you already know more than I do and the Guild could inform me further upon the layout of the town and other handy information." His voice contained some mirth to it, seemingly amused at himself for knowing next to nothing of the place he wanted to visit and if the opportunity presented itself, live in the town. Putting the pipe between the bandages on his back, Avery started stretching his limbs. "Well then I do believe we agreed on having a slight spar, did we not?"

He did not wait for the Buizel to prepare itself, attacking the moment the question escaped his lips. After all, if the Water type hadn't readied itself yet when Avery started stretching, then it really needed to lose some naivety before some vile creature took advantage of it. His attack consisted of a sudden dash towards his opponent of the day, followed by an attempt to deliver a punch with his left fist, only to quickly change into a kick trying to Astonish the Buizel.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Lost? Or simply wandering?   Lost? Or simply wandering? EmptySat May 03, 2014 5:52 pm

Jet let out a small sigh of relief as the Croagunk said that everything was fine. He was glad that that whole thing was settled now. He had figured that, soon enough, he would find himself unable to do much of anything for him in exchange for his time like this. He looked at him one more time, looking him up and down for the moment. He had always found the Croagunk species of Pokémon to be particularly creepy, usually in both demeanor and appearance. This one wasn't particularly bad in his demeanor, though. Perhaps it was just the pipe, but something about him was a lot different from other Croagunk he had seen before. But despite the demeanor being clear, his appearance was still mildly creepy; with those cheek pouches expanding and contracting with each breath he took, unlike most Pokémon. He couldn't help but always find that mildly disconcerting.

When the Croagunk brought up the spar again, Jet nodded. He had actually nearly forgotten about the spar for a moment there as he had inspected his soon-to-be opponent. He watched as the Croagunk stretched his arms around and he couldn't help but smile a bit. Perhaps this was just what he-

"Ngah...!" a cry escaped the Buizel's throat when he saw the Croagunk lunge at him out of nowhere. He flinched when he saw the fist coming at him, too late to prepare for the attack. But it was the actual kick that got to him. The foot landed directly into his body and he let out a grunt of pain, stumbling backward a little bit from the impact. "Y-you could've warned me that we were starting...." he mildly complained, still Flinching from the Astonish attack.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost? Or simply wandering?   Lost? Or simply wandering? EmptySat May 03, 2014 6:52 pm

Avery kept a calm gaze on the damage inflicted Buizel, not a single indication he regretted surprise attacking the Pokémon. The pained expression on its face, the grunt that escaped its lips and the declaration did nothing to the Poison/Hybrid's facial expression, nor his mental state. Avery had grown up with the mindset that all was allowed in battle, including underhanded actions, though there were restrictions or else he'd be no better than a run-off-the-mill, uncivilized bandit. Performing a heavy damaging punch or kick against a vital body part that could kill the opposing Pokémon? No. Using a hostage in order to gain the upper hand? Depends on who's he fighting. Performing a surprise attack? Go ahead.

When the Buizel uttered its declaration, Avery thought it to be prudent to inform him of his reasoning. "I could have, but do you believe a villain will give you the same opportunity? I simply had the idea it would be better to learn on how to fight underhanded Pokémon during a spar than during an attempt on your life. My apologies though." Without uttering another word, the Croagunk dug his fingers in the soft ground between them. Barely in the soil for two seconds, Avery pulls his fingers out the ground, grabbing a decent amount of mud with it and planning on throwing it all on the Buizel.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Lost? Or simply wandering?   Lost? Or simply wandering? EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:05 pm

Jet listened to the Croagunk's response as he just stood there. Well, he had to admit that he certainly had a valid point. It would be a lot better to deal with underhanded tactics in battle in a safe and secure battle environment than out where he could end up being stolen from, or even possibly killed, as a result. "N-no, don't worry about it," Jet murmured, blushing a little bit again as his momentary opponent actually apologized for taking him by surprise. It made reasonable enough sense...he just wished that he had had been made aware that that was how he had planned to fight from the get-go. After all, if he were fighting an outlaw or something elsewhere, he would have the time to prepare for such a thing, since only a fool would trust an outlaw to fight fair and square. "I-I think it's better this way too, anyway."

When the Croagunk brought up some mud in his palm, he knew what was coming. But since he had been too busy trying to explain to him why he was fine with his actions and trying to proclaim that it was fine...he wasn't prepared quickly enough for the soil to get flung in his direction. It smacked him in the face, causing him to cry out in alarm, stumbling back a couple more steps. The mud obscured his vision and he tried to wipe it away as best as he could. However, he knew that he couldn't spend so much time in a vulnerable state either. He needed to try to keep the Croagunk at bay while he worked this out.

Nodding to himself, assured that that was the best plan right now, he readied himself. He then lifted one foot up off of the ground and spun around in place. As his back turned toward the croagunk--or at least where the Croagunk had been standing a few moments ago--he whipped his tails around, launching a wave of Sonicboom toward his adversary, hoping to cause at least some kind of damage. Although with his currently obscured vision, he was going to have a harder time landing a solid hit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost? Or simply wandering?   Lost? Or simply wandering? EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Avery was quite pleased with the quick acceptance that the Buizel was showing. Most Pokémon that he had fought during his travel from the Tribe to Grassveil Town were quick to accuse him of being a cheater, dishonorable or some other petty thing. Did they honestly believe that he was going to fight according to some unwritten rule they established in an unfamiliar environment when he fought them? It annoyed him to no end that Pokémon were oh so quick to insult one another when cornered, especially those 'honorable' fighters. 'Woops, better stop thinking about those things and focus back on the fight.'

With that thought, Avery put his complete attention back on the fight and towards the incoming attack. Instead of dodging to a side, Avery dashed straight at the Sonicboom. When the two incoming forces were but a few feet from each other, one of them pushed itself of the ground and thus over the other force, before the first one continued its dash at the Buizel. The Croagunk was close to absolutely certain his opponent would have never seen his chosen form of action in dealing with incoming projectiles. Capitalizing on this the hybrid attempted to slug the Buizel in the face, though he kept a close eye on the Water type's body language. Avery did not know if the brightly colored Pokémon had seen it coming and prepared himself for a possible counter attack.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Lost? Or simply wandering?   Lost? Or simply wandering? EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:36 pm

As Jet's Sonicboom attack was sent flying through the air and toward the Croagunk, he raised his bright orange arms to his face and worked on clearing his vision a bit more. There was no way he was going to clear it completely in the middle of a battle like this, but there was no way he'd be able to fight what he couldn't see very well either. Not at his current level of skill and strength, at least. Soon, however, he was able to see the Croagunk start rushing toward him. Whether or not he had actually managed to land a blow with the Sonicboom, he wasn't absolutely certain. But judging from the fact that the Croagunk was coming so quickly, he assumed it had been avoided. After all, Sonicboom was a move that was not affected by his own personal weakness and rather inflicted the same amount of damage on all opponents equally. That was what made Sonicboom his move of choice: it was completely unaffected by his own physical weakness.

Unfortuantely for him, however, the Croagunk was already too quick and too close for him to evade or think up some kind of block or counterattack. And so, he felt the Croagunk's fist slam into the side of his face, causing him to let out a surprised cry. He was easily thrown off of his feet and he hit the ground on his back at Avery's feet, limbs sprawled out on the grass. So far, this Croagunk had quite the advantage. He was fast, possibly just as fast as himself,, and he was stronger than him. His best bet would have to be to find some way to catch him by surprise...but that was going to take some time to plan out.

But for now, he lay on his back at Avery's feet, rubbing his cheek and trying to figure out what he could and should do from this position....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost? Or simply wandering?   Lost? Or simply wandering? EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:52 pm

If he had been far cockier then he would have grinned at the Buizel's attempt to clean its eyes in the middle of a battle. While it was a logical move in theory, one does not take his sight away from his opponent in battle unless one was certain said foe would not be capable of moving some time. Instead Avery kept his face neutral, not wanting that a small seed of arrogance would grow in his head which will increase the chance of his loss. His facial expression did not change when the fist planted in the Buizel's face, with some excitement lingered in his eyes, followed by its pained voice echoing through the clearing. He expected the Buizel to have at least put some defense, its hands were close to his face due to having rubbed in his eyes, but it seemed the Croagunk may or may not have overestimated his sparring partner.

For the moment the fight seemed to be going in his personal favor, though he was not so conceited to believe it was because he was vastly more strong than the Water type. It probably had to do with the very first damage Avery inflicted, pulling the rhythm of the fight to his advantage. Even now, Avery was looking at his opponent and checking if he would retaliate in some way, shape or form. Deciding to be a bit more creative, Avery jumped in the air before spinning in it while falling down. In his spin, Avery stuck his right leg out and was planning to deliver a kick with spinning and gravity momentum straight in the sprawled Buizel's body.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Lost? Or simply wandering?   Lost? Or simply wandering? EmptyThu May 15, 2014 4:12 am

Many thoughts raced through Jet's mind as he stayed put on his back. He knew that he couldn't stay down for too long or else his Croagunk opponent would take advantage of his downed position and keep up the attack. But at the same time, if he acted too hastily and didn't have a plan for what he was going to do, Avery might easily evade the attack and counter him. And if he wasn't prepared, he could get hit for much worse. But at the same time, if he took too long to try to plan something out and figure out what Avery's moves were going to be, then the Croagunk would probably be able to attack him again and he would have a harder time reacting since he was so deep in thought. All of these flashed through his mind in the short time his opponent was staring down at and studying him. In fact, he didn't seem to make any movement at all until Avery jumped into the air.

Jet's eyes followed the Croagunk as he jumped into the air. When Avery reached the height of his jump and started to fall, he saw him start to suddenly spin around. For a moment, he wondered what the Croagunk was doing...but then he realized that he was directly beneath him. By the time Avery had stuck his foot out, ready to deliver the spinning kick, Jet's eyes were wide with both surprise and fear. He needed to move. Now.

And move Jet did. He rolled to the side, avoiding the foot that came crashing onto the earth beside him. He quickly tried to piece together a good idea to follow up with...and an idea came to his mind. Since Avery had just missed an attack, one which had plenty of momentum behind it, perhaps he wouldn't expect an attack, or at least not be able to counter it so soon. So, as he was rolling to the side, he allowed his momentum to take over and managed to roll onto his feet, stumbling only slightly as he made it up. He then proceeded to jump into the air, his momentum still carrying him backward, and spun around, whipping his tail around as quickly and smoothly as he could. He launched the Sonicboom attack straight at the point where Avery's trajectory would land him.

However, hit or miss, Jet's momentum carried him a bit too far, and he stumbled slightly once he hit the ground again. His balance was thrown for a loop. If that attack didn't work, he would give Avery quite an opening to attack.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost? Or simply wandering?   Lost? Or simply wandering? EmptyThu May 15, 2014 6:44 pm

'Time to put an end to this, I suppose.' This was the thought that coursed through Avery's mind during his spinning decent. He was a tidbit disappointed in the Buizel, believing him to be stronger if the Water type had felt confident enough to ask for a spar from a stranger of whom he had no information. It seemed that all Buizels possess some sort of overconfidence in their skill, timid or not. Due to being quite young, possessing only a few battles as experience and being unfamiliar with keeping track of his surroundings during a spinning kick Avery never saw the next events coming. The moment his heel crashed into the ground, digging a small hole in it due to the force granted by momentum of his spin, Avery knew his opponent found it in him to move. The facts that he did not feel a soft texture that could only be possessed by a Pokémon, and that he did not hear a sound signifying pain were the only clues he had and needed.

When his eyes recovered slightly from spinning, Avery did not see the orange furred Pokémon beneath him with the Poison/Fighting hybrid's heel digging in said Pokémon's body. He started looking around the clearing in search for his adversary, until his hearing caught something that sounded like a small explosion. Turning his visage at the source of the sound, Avery was greeted by a sickle of compressed air flying his way. His balance lost and eyesight not completely restored, Avery had little choice than to accept the incoming projectile. Not that he liked said choice though.

Not a moment later, the Croagunk was sent flying backwards due to the compressed air projectile which had slammed straight in his stomach. He gritted his teeth in order to prevent a cry of pain escaping, though he did release a grunt when his temporary skill of flight left him and he collapsed back first on the ground. He stayed down for a couple of seconds, allowing his brain to catch up with the events that had just happened and to regain some semblance of comprehension. When everything was sorted, the yellow eyed Pokémon pulled his legs up in the air, while putting his hands next to his head. He immediately pushed with his hands and swung with his legs in one movement, thus pulling himself back up quickly.

Looking in the direction from where he came from, Avery locked upon the brightly colored Pokémon who seemed to have lost his balance as well. Rubbing the spot where he got hit, Avery released a quiet, close to inaudible, chuckle. 'It seems I was too hasty in making my opinion. Though I have to refrain from making such reckless moves that I am still uncomfortable with. Unless I'm certain the opponent can not move, of course.' With that thought formed and finished, Avery quickly resumed the spar by dashing at the Buizel. When the Croagunk would get close enough, he'd shove a fist in the ground and pulling it out once more in one quick movement. This would cause mud, dirt and earth to be sent at the Water type.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Lost? Or simply wandering?   Lost? Or simply wandering? EmptyThu May 15, 2014 7:05 pm

Jet's stumble was able to stop relatively quickly and he soon regained his balance. His right foot stepped backward and allowed him to stable himself. Good. He certainly couldn't leave himself open again. Not after that strong barrage of attacks. He had to make absolutely certain that he would be more attentive to the Croagunk's moves. And most of all, he would have to find a way to deal with that Mud Slap attack of Avery's. The obvious choice would be to evade any further of those, but if he always prioritized evading the hit, his opponent might then be able to figure that out and use it to trap him into a more powerful attack. But at the same time, if his vision was obscured again, he would have a very hard time fighting back. It wasn't like he had a method of tracking his opponent outside of his sight. He had his hearing, but it's not as if that was a very sharp or attuned sense. He would have to figure something out....

When Avery got back to his feet again, in a manner that he could not help but find rather cool and impressive, Jet's gaze locked with Avery's for the moment. Perhaps it was time that he tried attacking with his stronger move. He would probably have to put everything he had into the attack, since he didn't consider himself all that physically strong, but he needed a solid hit. Sonicboom may be a perfect move for him, but the damage output wasn't actually a lot at a time. He tried to take a moment in this momentary ceasefire to figure out how he was going to hit him. The Croagunk was undoubtedly fast and hitting him again was going to be rather difficult.

Soon enough, however, the fight was back on and Avery was charging at him again. This cut his planning time short, but he had managed to at least think up a vague idea in that short time. He didn't have time to think it through, but hopefully it would work out for him. When he saw Avery dig his fist into the ground once again, he knew what was coming. He wasn't surprised; after how well the attack went over last time for him, it would be rather foolish not to try to take advantage of it. But he couldn't let it happen a second time. When the mud came flying in his direction, he leaped forward and to the side, hoping that his more aggressive action might cause Avery to even momentarily hesitate in surprise. As his body hit the ground, he tucked and rolled with it, soon landing on his feet again. As he got back up, however, water started to spiral around his tail. He then spun around and tried to swing it at the Croagunk, trying to smash him in his chest with his Aqua Tail attack.

The only problem was that, if this attack didn't damage the Croagunk enough, he would probably be able to use this opportunity to grab hold of his tail. That certainly wouldn't be good...he had to put everything into the attack...!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost? Or simply wandering?   Lost? Or simply wandering? EmptyThu May 15, 2014 7:48 pm

Avery was not expecting his attack to land on the twin tailed Pokémon, the Mud Slap simply seemed to be the best move to try out. He had already shown all his moves, except for his strongest move which he believed to be overkill for a simple spar, and Mud Slap had the added bonus of decreasing the eyesight of his sparring partner, which is always helpful. Thus Avery followed the Buizel's movement, waiting for it to dodge and/or to counterattack. He was taken by surprise for one moment though by the Water type's movement. The Pokémon had been acting quite timid before the spar, and thus he did not expect such a bold move coming from it. However, that one moment was all the Buizel needed in order to position itself splendidly to execute his next move. Turning around to see what kind of attack'd be sent his way, Avery was curious when he saw water gathering at his opponent's tail. Had he been a lesser trained Pokémon, the Croagunk would have put a grin on his face. But Avery wasn't a lesser trained Pokémon, and thus his facial expression did not change, with the exception of a slight widening of eyes, when the water surrounded tails slam in him.

His body welcomed the water that slammed in him with open arms, Avery himself did the same with the Buizel's tails. The moment the hit scored him, Avery dug his feet in the ground to prevent skidding away and took a hold of the tails. He looked at the Buizel for one moment to see its reaction, before Avery pulled at the tails in his grasp and lifted them, followed by the Buizel, over his head and into the ground. This action should slam the Buizel face first in the ground. If the Water type did not react quickly after the slam, Avery would immediately pull at its tails once more before spinning like a top. After a few spins, Avery'd let go of the Buizel which should sent it flying over the clearing. If the Buizel had taken a good look at him before his slam, or after pushing himself from the ground after the flight, the creature would notice that instead of looking more damage, Avery would instead look healthier than he had before the SonicBoom dealt damage to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost? Or simply wandering?   Lost? Or simply wandering? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost? Or simply wandering?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next