Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Where You Going to Run To?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Where You Going to Run To? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Where You Going to Run To?   Where You Going to Run To? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 11:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Jabbers ran.

In mind, his thoughts were racing. Those about his most recent failure seemed to have taken the lead and left the others in the dust. Failure wasn't an option...but then why did he fail? He thought he had left failure behind him at the starting line but when he looked, it had caught up. He thought he could out race his thoughts, but now his thoughts were out racing him. Running usually cleared his mind, offering some clarity in view, but now running only seemed to agitate them more. 'You think running can solve ALL your problems? HAH! And where do you think you are running too?' Jabbers shoved thoughts like these aside constantly but they kept coming from all sides. He was half paying attention to the world around him, jumping over a sleeping pokemon here, weaving between sparse crowds there; half paying attention to the civil war that was his mind.

In body, if all torchics were this fast, then the reckoning would be upon us. Of course it started at a simple pace for leisure, then as his thoughts began to stir, it sped up to a fast walk. From there he broke into a hearty jog, and long story short he was now frantically running around town with no clear direction in mind. Surely someone has noticed the Torchic by now, but if anyone did it would appear they were too busy to pay attention to a seemingly psychotic Torchic running faster than a stampeding herd of Tauros.

In soul, the Torchic had no family, no friends, and no place to call home anymore. Where was he to run to?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Where You Going to Run To?   Where You Going to Run To? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:05 pm

((Sorry for being gone, I'll edit this post with a reply))

"Hmmm...rebuke the guild? Biting the hand that feeds you isn't always wise, although if nothing is ventured, then nothing is gained. Tell me, what would I do after I 'swayed' to your opinion? How would I rebuke guild and what am I to do after? As much sheer pain the very idea of joining the guild for only one mission seems to cause you...at least I outlined what might happen. Part of me wants to accept it, but how would you keep me in check on my part of the arrangement if I lose? You seem to loathe my ideas and my company isn't that far off of the question...what lies in my future if I lose?"

Although Jabbers was starting to doubt himself, he was sure the Charmander wasn't stupid. He probably had some plan in mind, a dangerous one that would use Jabbers as an accomplice or means to achieve. However, this wasn't totally outside of Jabbers comfort zone, what better way to keep an eye on a potential threat then be there for there every move? Of course the Charmander might also come to this reasoning, and outright reject the offer at the realization, but then again they would only be bound by word...by honor. They each could very well break their word depending on who lost but if Jabbers couldn't put his faith in the 'faithless' then how could he be of any helpless when he had no hope himself?

Last edited by khelonian on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated with reply)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where You Going to Run To?   Where You Going to Run To? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:30 am

Danny watched as the two pokemon bickered over their single difference in view points, it felt as though the argument had been going on for 3 weeks. He did want to see what would happen though, and he say down to watch what would unfold as the sun began to dip lower in the sky.
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

Poké : 19413

PostSubject: Re: Where You Going to Run To?   Where You Going to Run To? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 8:44 am

If Ares were to be illustrated in a manga-esque manner, he would have been depicted with a series of ellipses above his head. What on earth was this Torchic rambling on about? His mind would carefully dissect the proposed argument for what relevance had arisen out of it. There was some mention of biting the hand that fed you, another point about driving oneself onwards to discovery, and sprinkles of drama. There was some serious Order of Whispers stuff going on. It would be upon a second analysis, however, that the Charmander would connect the argument's dots and reveal the picture of the bird asking how it could possibly reject the guild should such a challenge been completed in Ares's favor.

Well, that was relatively simple.

He would take it upon himself to inform this Torchic of his options.

"Well," the lizard would begin, "I'm headed to Rainfront Town for a good while soon. I imagine that the best way to monitor your cleansing would be to make you come with me. With the amount of resistance I'm anticipating, however, I might have to extend my sojourn in order to undo the damage that has thus far been inflicted upon you. Some exposure in the wilderness without the aid of bigger 'mons 'ought to put you right."

It was the equivalent of camping mixed with hard core training: there was nothing more efficient at putting a few scales on one's chest - or, in this circumstance, feathers. What was so particularly bad about camping where one would have to rely upon the charity and kindness of Nature to provide aid and assistance? Nothing, as far as he could tell.

He would crack smile, allowing a toothy grin to be exposed as he jokingly mused, "Don't tell me you know me so well already to know what I like. It's like we're chums already!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where You Going to Run To?   Where You Going to Run To? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 12:49 am

Jabbers couldn't help but chuckle, seems like he'd marked the Charmander wrong after all. Although the potential for him being a threat to the guild still existed, it seemed like the Charmander wasn't going to grow up into some power-crazed maniac that would launch a full-frontal attack on the guild like the Torchic's rampant imagination lead him to think. Sure he believed that the strongest should survive, but it didn't seem like he was about to cut the weak out of the deal just yet, at least not if they can prove themselves to have potential.

Jabbers looked around at his surroundings, what might have turned into fully grown fire-fight was now turning into a contest of who could become stronger. But before that would be a contest of a different type....

"Well then shall we begin? All we have to do is find spectators willing to participate...that is if we are going with my proposal. Of course if you want you can pick both judges, I like a challenge after all!" The Torchic said as he chirped in amusement
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

Poké : 19413

PostSubject: Re: Where You Going to Run To?   Where You Going to Run To? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 9:47 pm

Once more, it appeared as if ellipses were floating above Ares's skull as the other one let out a chuckle. Perhaps it was meant to defuse the situation, to convince himself that such a threat was as close to existence and as realistic as unicorns that dashed across rainbows. The Charmander's jab seemed to have assisted with this - despite being laced with sarcasm - and allotted a bit more of a peaceful conversation. In such a circumstance that would allow friendly debate instead of mano-el-mano brawling (though, admittedly, he would have favored the latter). There was nothing quite like exposing one's red-tarnished iron liquid out into the atmosphere and revealing that even gods bled, but such a crisis seemed to have been averted for the time being.

As the Torchic took a gander at his surroundings, so, too, would he. While they hadn't drawn as big a crowd as he had originally imagined or encountered when he had gotten into an argument with a Taillow of the same disposition, Ares still spotted some onlookers gazing forward with poorly hidden curiosity. Finding a judge for their "competition" shouldn't prove too difficult, considering that a handful of bystanders had already proven themselves interested enough in their subject of discussion. The Charmander would allow excitement to bubble forth in the deepest recesses of his being, a cocky twitch twisting the single corner of his lips upwards. This contest would prove itself to be the highlight of his visit here in Grassveil.

A single problem presented itself, however: identification. How was he to address this opponent? Surely it would not suffice to call him "bird" or "chick".

He would continue to cast his gaze from left to right as he analyzed potential participants, his pupils jumping to and fro as they looked at different faces. "I'm all for beginning," Ares would announce, finally allowing his gaze to settle upon the Torchic, "but I don't even know what to call you."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where You Going to Run To?   Where You Going to Run To? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 4:59 pm

Jabbers took a moment to realize that he was dealing with someone who he hadn't even introduced himself to, a flaw decision as it was easier to be hostile when you can't identify or identify with you whoever you were interacting with. "Jabbers, Jabbers the Torchic", he said. Although adding his species name seemed a bit redundant, he felt it was necessary...afterall he had a hard time himself believing he was a Torchic due to his unique capabilities. "And may I be so inclined to ask as to how to address you?" he asked with a little bit of a chirp. He had to keep up his excitement, it was generally the only advantage that he had most of the time...but would such be even worthy of considered an advantage against this strong opponent?

"OH! But we can't really start the contest without the judges..." The Torchic said as he began to glance around. Letting out a sharp whistle to draw attention, he addressed the small gathering around the dispute: "HEY!!! Would any of you be kind enough to 'entertain' the notion of our dispute and help judge? Once we get enough volunteer judges, my admirable adversary would like to begin!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where You Going to Run To?   Where You Going to Run To? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 10:16 pm

Danny woke from his daze to the sound of the Torchic chirping.
"Me! Me, me, me, I'll judge the rap battle," He walked forward as he said this so that he was standing with the other two fire pokemon.
"But in return could you show me to the Exploration Guild?"
Hopefully this would be over soon, Danny was frankly getting sick of this.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Re: Where You Going to Run To?   Where You Going to Run To? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 7:22 pm

In the shadows cast by the blazing summer sun a darkness stirred.
The lightless void was drawn together, coalescing in one particular place, growing into a physical shape, a vaguely humanoid blob of shadows.
Suddenly two piercing, eerily glowing red eyes opened on this being, a huge, mischievous grin unfolding underneath.
The being's soul-chilling gaze wandered over the two opponents before it decided to relieve the tension by floating forward and announcing:
"If it is moderation for your debate you seek, then I believe you have found a volunteer. I believe, that this little argument will prove to be..."
The Gengar paused for a moment as if searching for a good term to use.
"...entertaining."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where You Going to Run To?   Where You Going to Run To? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where You Going to Run To?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Grassveil Town :: Grassveil Town-
Jump to: