Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Reasons for things?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Reasons for things? Empty
PostSubject: Reasons for things?   Reasons for things? EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 3:46 am

Well we all know that Kicks and Bans almost never happen on the site or chat. But i still think we should have a forum for reporting when an admin or mod ever bans or kicks someone. This would go something like this.

Banned/Kicked: MoneyLover524
Reason: Was Swearing too excessively. Would not stop upon asking.
Archived Chat:
Spoiler:

Of course that'd be a lot longer in the actual archives. One thing is, that the public also gets to see the forum and reply to it if they find someone was unjustified. Pretty much Nobody on this site would ban for an unacceptable reason, but never hurts to be safe. One other thing, if the admin/mod changes the archives in their favor, and someone has a screenshot or something of the actual Archives, a harsh punishment could be delivered to the lying admin/mod. Again. I don't ever see this happening with the current Staff Team. But I think it'd be a bit better, maybe even make the site look a bit more professional. And it helps in general. Also if an admin/mod is to not report a ban/kick they did, but a user does for them. The admin/mod who did the banning could get a warning or sorts. Although they can get a 24 hour time from when they ban/kicked in case they need to go and sleep first.

This is just an Idea I thought of when I was ranting about random stuff on Twitter. xD I tend to do that alot... It makes it worse when I'm listening to music. Sad music will just stop me dead in my ranting tracks. Fun/ fast music increases the ranting. xD
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for things?   Reasons for things? EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 8:02 pm

The idea itself could be useful, but I don't know, whether openly displaying everyone, who did something wrong on the chat to the public.
Should someone have been kicked/banned for wrong reasons, they would probably tell Serene themselves.
Pillorying them seems to be the wrong choice. A thread to list those offenses in the staff area would make sense, though as it would allow the staff to keep track of rule strikes more easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for things?   Reasons for things? EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 9:25 pm

Well the fact about whether or not the public part, is that if they did something to deserve a kick or ban from the chat, the public should still know of it. The fact of whether or not anyone sees it is a bit odd though, as most people here are understanding if someone is in a bad mood. Eventually it'd appear somewhere when someone tells a group of people about the kick or ban. *cough*Iwouldbethatone!*cough*
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for things?   Reasons for things? EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:34 pm

Previous things that have happened in the chatbox have merely been PMed to me and I have acted upon them accordingly. If you have anything to report, I suggest you do the same by PMing me or Kat. Naming and shaming across the forum will do nothing to help stop rule breaking and in my opinion it is best to keep the discussion of bans and kicks covert.
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for things?   Reasons for things? EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 9:20 pm

(Forgot about this thread) One thing I will say, is blaming and shaming across the forum will not do much. Nor will it ever happen actually. New users more or less take up people who are staff as a role model to know what the conduct of the site is, most likely that person would be Sav... Just think about it. Sav is a pretty good mod nor does he ever get into arguments. Except maybe with me, mostly about some online game or science stuff.(Got a Bit Off Topic There) But the community of the site wouldn't do anything to users that did anything. I know this next part may be harsh, but if a user did something bad enough for a kick or ban on this site, I don't see why they would get some special treatment. Especially if they got kicked or banned, as almost everyone here who's a mod or admin, is extremely lenient on offenses until it looks like warnings will get it nowhere. It's gonna spread either way. Almost like when a teacher holds back a student after class to talk with them. People will see it, it will spread. Being on a forum doesn't make rumors spread any less than in real life. Actually, something I've noticed, if a user is banned, people will ask anyway where they went. I find this a bit better way of just letting them know. Other forums I've been to that have this system are still extremely nice to those unless they were trolling or stuff of that nature.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for things?   Reasons for things? Empty

Back to top Go down

Reasons for things?
Page 1 of 1