Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Kangiskhan storage.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Kangiskhan storage. Empty
PostSubject: Kangiskhan storage.   Kangiskhan storage. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Spoiler:
My main arguments are all in that chat thing, but I'll cut and paste the important ones.
"I don't see why people HAVE to store stuff in kangaskhan storage, though; it's just a major inconvenience when it comes to storing items"
"If you went on vacation for a week or entered into a coma, BOOM Nobody gets to store items"
"Plus, it diminishes the ability to have multiple roleplays at once"
"Because people don't know whether they'll have an item or not in the next roleplay. if they'll use an item that they're planning to store so that they can get another item for another adventure"
"If the mods want a way to ensure that noone's cheating, sure. go ahead but I don't want to have to do that by making two or three crappy roleplay posts on a thread specifically to do so"
"People keep info on what they keep in the character records"
"If someone wants to go on an adventure, but doesn't want to bring all of his stuff, he has to go to your store and wait for your reply, do all of that stuff, etc. BEFORE he can go out and do stuff"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kangiskhan storage.   Kangiskhan storage. EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 3:31 am

Bumping because I really REALLY think that Meeper needs to see this. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Nocive

Nocive

Poké : 3100
Location : Somewhere, brooding on and on about the horrors of bleeding writing materials.

PostSubject: Re: Kangiskhan storage.   Kangiskhan storage. EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 4:35 am

Well, I have to agree, it does get a bit tedious. Worse if the RPer depositing items ends up inactive or something. I trust Margo can handle it fine, but the possibility of it backfiring once the community gets bigger is alarming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kangiskhan storage.   Kangiskhan storage. EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 am

Bumpeh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kangiskhan storage.   Kangiskhan storage. EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:42 am

Nocive brings up a good point which I had thought about. I do plan to hire help when I need it, but its not active enough yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kangiskhan storage.   Kangiskhan storage. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 9:27 am

PS3rpchick wrote:
Nocive brings up a good point which I had thought about. I do plan to hire help when I need it, but its not active enough yet.
It's not just that, though, is it? The store is confusing. For example, if somebody goes and has two roleplay topics and gets three items per topic, s/he will have six items, which is no longer allowed. How will things like that work?
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

PostSubject: Re: Kangiskhan storage.   Kangiskhan storage. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Firstly. I have always intended for there to be a limit on the amount of items a character can carry at one time. After all we don't all have TARDISes for bags.
So, secondly, the logical way to deal with items would be to have a Kangaskhan Storage.

All that is needed is for, every time you finish a mission, you to post in the thread and list the items you want to store. If need be, keep track of which items you stored by using your Character Records thread. You pay a small fee to store items, a bit more if you store more than is convenient. There is nothing saying you have to do a whole RP section to store your items, just some people may prefer it that way.

Or even, you could just PM the owner or one of the owners of the Kangaskhan Storage. You personally don't have to post, as long as the store owner makes a post for you or there is some written record that those items were stored.

On the items for an inactive rper. These will be transferred with the character they belong to if someone else adopts it.

Also @Ant's last comment.
It is up to the RPer to keep the chronology of their own threads in order. If you got three items from one thread and three in another, make sure you make a post or pm Margo telling her you're storing those three items before the events of such and such thread.
It's not complicated. You just need to think logically.
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org

PostSubject: Re: Kangiskhan storage.   Kangiskhan storage. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 11:53 pm

Why, prey tell, should I need to pay someone (who would never be trusted by my character for item safe keeping) when I could either keep my things in the guild room I have been allotted like a sane person for free, or, more realistically for my character, find a cave in the outskirts, throw their stuff in there and leave it, maybe with a large bolder in front or something.

Another issue is outlaws. I, for example, plan on having a instantly recognizable crime lord (or something), and he cannot simply walk up to this area of storage and (logically) deposit his stolen goods, exorbitant payment or not. Though I suppose this can be solved through an introduction of a outlaw guild *cough cough*.

I do realize you are attempting to moderate items and prevent the "creation" of items, but I think that forcing this system upon people, as well as having a fee is not a good way to go about things.

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Founder
Solilo

Poké : 290

PostSubject: Re: Kangiskhan storage.   Kangiskhan storage. EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 2:43 am

Well the system was made to stop people from saying they've left items behind and then suddenly magicking them back when they're in a dungeon but if majority of the site would prefer it without the Kangaskhan Storage then so be it i'll remove that system from the site and perhaps Margo's character can be a general store owner instead.
Back to top Go down
https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
Maxiorc

Maxiorc

Poké : 100

PostSubject: Re: Kangiskhan storage.   Kangiskhan storage. EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 11:04 am

Well, in case you havent seen gates to infinity, they have a new system. In the most recent mystery dungeon game, they didnt have a kanghaskan storage, they used a deposit box that could be found in town. This served all the function of kanghaskan storage and a bank. If this is a PMD site, wouldn't it stand to reason to create a deposit box?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kangiskhan storage.   Kangiskhan storage. EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 11:42 am

The problem is the function requires time and approval. This is a bad thing. It has been explained above.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kangiskhan storage.   Kangiskhan storage. EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:38 pm

Madcap, it was also posted in the rules concerning Kangaskhan Storage that Guild Members get free storage. (And I know this cus I read the rules like a grammaratically correct female BOSS!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kangiskhan storage.   Kangiskhan storage. EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:07 am

I did make mention of some idea of that, but I had no idea it was actually in the rules. Thank you very much for the information bangbronze. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kangiskhan storage.   Kangiskhan storage. Empty

Back to top Go down

Kangiskhan storage.
Page 1 of 1