Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Knock knock!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mada

Mada

Poké : 521

Knock knock! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Knock knock!   Knock knock! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 6:27 am

First topic message reminder :

Alki leaned against the wall, considering her options. She wanted to be a nicer person, and she wanted to be more like Darcy... She always felt so bad about herself all the time, and when she'd brought it up with Darcy, the Skitty had been silent for a long time, before finally offering her own personal beliefs.

"Being nice to people makes me happy! Maybe it'll make you happier too...?"

Or something like that... Of course, that was Darcy. She was, quite possibly, the nicest person Alki had ever had the pleasure of meeting, and she always felt like such a failure beside her. Darcy was a bright spot of sunshine, and Alki was a rainy cloud, ruining it for everyone. Not to mention she wasn't nearly as talented, or talkative, or pleasant to be around...

But Darcy wasn't there. It was just her. And the new Pokemon's room was right in front of her, standing before her, door shut... Was she home? Was the Pokemon home? Would the new member be upset with her if she knocked...? But she wanted to say welcome, and she wanted to be nice, because maybe it'd make her happier... Was that selfish? Would Darcy be upset with her? Darcy wasn't here...

How she wished she was...

Before she could think herself out of the situation, the jigglypuff stepped forward towards the door, and knocked softly. It wasn't very loud, but it was the best she could manage... She knocked again, trying to make it a bit louder. "H-Hello...?" Alki called out, shifting nervously as her ears twitched. She wore her feather between her ear, and the ribbon tied around the cut on her wrist. It was healing ok, and somehow, no one had noticed yet... She pushed up her glasses softly, wondering if maybe she should take them off. Would the Pokemon laugh at her for looking dumb...?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 7:44 am

Alki watched as the Fletchling sat herself down beside her, still worryingly kind to her. She seemed a bit nervous, but then again, around someone like Alki, who wouldn't be? At least it wasn't difficult to hear her, although Alki wished she wasn't able to. The way she said things, what she was saying was too kind for her to bear. Even going so far as to say that she wanted to protect her? Although she seemed to take that last part back, which was... more than a relief to the balloon. Still, she couldn't help but wonder what she meant...

"Why s-shouldn't I...? B-Beat myself... Um, up..." Alki's right hand wandered once again to her left wrist, ensuring the ribbon was tied tightly enough. Her mind was brought back to that halloween,  but only for a moment. It wouldn't do to linger on such an unpleasant thought... "I-I d-do it c-cause I'm not worth anything... I-I've never d-done anything but m-make things harder f-for Darcy, or f-for... m-my other friends, or... w-well... things would be better if I just..."

Alki pressed her right hand against the left, the sensation of using her own move against herself returning. It hurt. It hurt a lot, and since then... Had something changed, with Darcy? It felt as though the Skitty had been more... well... worried. About her. Had she figured that out...?

"N-Nevermind... T-That's not... Um..." Alki shook her head, ears folding back as she readjusted her glasses once more. They were always sliding off her face... "W-Why d-do you w-want to protect me...? I'm... I-I know I don't s-seem like much, but I c-can handle myself! I'm... n-not q-quite as pathetically weak as I look..."

Alki knew that a fight probably wasn't quite what the fletchling had in mind, but it worked well enough to change the topic... Trucy didn't know much about her. That was the only reason she was being so kind...
Back to top Go down
Keeogree

Keeogree

Poké : 920

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 7:26 am

Trucy visibly cringed when the Jigglypuff asked about what she meant earlier, it was even worse than she had initially expected, since it seemed that Alki completely misunderstood what she meant by “defending her.” The tiny robin was at a loss for words. “I... uhh... u-uhm...” She wasn’t sure what to do, did she want to explain to the Jigglypuff what she really meant by saying she wanted to “defend her”? Or did she want to further distance herself from what she had just said? Trucy even contemplated the idea of just simply staying silent, but she knew that wouldn’t get her anywhere. After a little while, thinking things through, she decided to try and give Alki an explanation. Trucy knew it was her fault for saying what she said, and figured the Jigglypuff deserved at least somewhat of an explanation. With a bit of a deep breath and a quiet, meek sigh, Trucy began to give the best explanation she could muster.

“I-it’s not like that... what I meant by that was... well, I don’t want anyone to use you for their own personal benefit, and I bet your other friend that you mentioned thinks likewise.” She glanced back at her book, “A-a similar sort of scenario happens in this b-book i’m reading...” She laughs snidely. “To think I’d let a b-book sway my emotions that hard... Heh, I really am just a stupid k-kid...”
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 7:22 am

Alki shifted uncomfortably in her seat, listening in a nervous silence as the Fletchling spoke. She tapped her hands on the floor, eyes shut as the Fletchling spoke, cracking open in worry only as she began to ease back into her own self-deprecation. In her book? The fletchling could read? That was impressive in it's own right, let alone the fact that she still seemed keen in her attempts to cheer Alki up.  The balloon pokemon wiggled her feet back and forth, mulling over how she wanted to respond, before finally deciding.

"I... a-appreciate t-that, r-really, I j-just... d-don't know... " Not a very good response, to be sure. But what could she say? A small part of her knew that Trucy was right, but another, much bigger part of her told her that, what did it matter? If anything bad happened to her, then surely, she deserved it. And the more reasonable side of her knew that even if she wanted to be fixed, or wanted protection, the Fletchling could hardly protect her from her own thoughts and feelings. Could she?

"But... w-what...did you m-mean by... s-stupid? I don't think... r-reading is stupid." Alki met the other Pokemon's eyes, forcing herself to smile, ever so slightly. "I t-think b-being a-able to read is r-really smart! I w-wish I could..." Alki's smile faltered as her eyes widened. That last sentence was not supposed to slip out. But she couldn't take words back. She deeply wished she could. Instead, Alki managed a small, pained laugh as she tried to cover up for herself. "HahajustkiddingIcanread" She squeaked all at once, face paling, as she waited for Trucy's response.
Back to top Go down
Keeogree

Keeogree

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 4:24 am

Trucy averted her gaze from the balloon pokémon as she finished insulting herself, which left the tiny Robin feeling even more defeated. Who knows what Alki thought of her now, she begrudgingly thought to herself as she awaited for the Jigglypuff’s response with bated breath, it didn’t take too long for Alki to make up her mind and make an attempt at responding to her.

Thankfully, the balloon pokémon’s response didn’t seem to hold any sort of strong negative emotions towards the tiny robin, like Trucy had feared. If Alki truly did find a problem with her most recent statement, then Alki must be really good at hiding her true emotions which, to be a bit blunt, didn’t exactly seem like a very likely scenario. It’s not like Trucy was any better than her, though... with the exceedingly imposed stress she had forced upon herself with Alki’s response over with, she finally found it in herself to redirect her gaze towards the Jigglypuff.

Trucy decided to stay silent, and let Alki keep talking, she hasn’t had the chance to respond to her more recent statements, and she figured it would be rude to interrupt her, even if she didn’t want to talk about it. “I-it isn’t that reading is s-stupid... I-It’s just t-that letting a story take control of your emotions, is, well... childish, right...?” Trucy said, trying to gauge the balloon Pokémon’s opinion on the matter. Despite her seemingly being against the idea of taking a story to heart, even she didn’t fully agree with what she said, she just wanted to sound a bit more mature...

As the balloon continued to speak, talking about how having the ability to read was smart, while a bit of an odd comment, as reading seemed like a pretty common skill, Trucy couldn’t help but blush a bit at that comment. She was very easily pleased, being gassed up for even the smallest of things made her feel... accomplished, in a way. However, what Alki said next made her compliment make all the more sense...

“W-wait, what?” She said, shaken to her core. “Y-you c-can’t...?” Trucy was interrupted, if you can even call it that, by Alki’s very quiet interjection. “O-oh...” she continued, still clearly taken aback. “I-I was worried that you had n-never actually read a b-book before, I’d feel bad if you we’re missing out...” Trucy said as she began to regain her bearings. Trucy wasn’t sure on something, so she decided to add one last thing, “I-I’d try my best to teach you if you didn’t...”
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 12:07 am

Alki shuffled nervously as the robin seemed to catch her slip of the tongue. The Jigglypuff tapped her sides, trying to figure out how to respond. She felt guilty, lying. Lying all the time felt kinda... Well, it made her feel like a bad person. Because it was. Lying was something bad people did. And that's what she was. But she didn't want to be! At the very least, not something she wanted to be constantly. Alki sighed, ears flattening as she gave the fletchling a small nod. "N-No, I... r-r-really can't read. I know it's stupid. I'm stupid... But... it's embarrassing, i-is all..."

Alki kicked at the ground, feeling her face heating up as she turned away, one ear perking up as she looked at the book. "I... d-don't... y-you don't have to teach me. Really. I-I'm a lost cause, a-anyways, other people have tried, but I didn't learn..." Of course, a lot of people, Darcy included, had said she'd given up too quickly. But what was she to do? If she couldn't learn it, she couldn't learn it. "I j-just, d-don't think it's f-for me. You d-don't... have to bother yourself with trying to teach me. I'm probably just too dumb, anyways."
Back to top Go down
Keeogree

Keeogree

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 10:52 pm

Even though the Jigglypuff had already told the Fletchling about her problem, it was the confirmation that said problem was true that shocked Trucy more than anything. She had known how to read for as long as she could remember! How was something like this even possible? The young fletching thought, completely oblivious to the very real scenario that some Pokémon just never learned how to read, wether it be because they never were taught or had something that made it neigh impossible.

“I... uhh... u-um...” Trucy uselessly muttered out, trying to think of what to say to the Jigglypuff. She wanted to help the Jigglypuff with her problem, and she had the raw determination to at least try, but for the Balloon Pokémon to say that other people have tried and failed was daunting, and it’s not like Trucy had even tried to teach anyone before... she didn’t even remember what her mother had did to make reading come easy to her at a young age... that happened a long time ago, after all. “I-I guess that’s f-fair then... r-reading isn’t for everyone... there’s not even a g-guarantee if you would even like it as a hobby like I do...” Trucy forced out. She hated giving up, but what else could she do? She was probably the least inclined to teach something to someone about anything, really. Though even if she couldn’t teach Alki, Trucy wanted to know more about the balloon’s inability to read. Her curiosity forcing her to pry for more information, Trucy blurted out, “I-is there s-something you just don’t g-get? Words? The letters that m-make them?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Knock knock!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Grassveil Town :: The Guild :: Guild Sleeping Quarters-
Jump to: