Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Knock knock!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mada

Mada

Poké : 521

Knock knock! Empty
PostSubject: Knock knock!   Knock knock! EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 6:27 am

Alki leaned against the wall, considering her options. She wanted to be a nicer person, and she wanted to be more like Darcy... She always felt so bad about herself all the time, and when she'd brought it up with Darcy, the Skitty had been silent for a long time, before finally offering her own personal beliefs.

"Being nice to people makes me happy! Maybe it'll make you happier too...?"

Or something like that... Of course, that was Darcy. She was, quite possibly, the nicest person Alki had ever had the pleasure of meeting, and she always felt like such a failure beside her. Darcy was a bright spot of sunshine, and Alki was a rainy cloud, ruining it for everyone. Not to mention she wasn't nearly as talented, or talkative, or pleasant to be around...

But Darcy wasn't there. It was just her. And the new Pokemon's room was right in front of her, standing before her, door shut... Was she home? Was the Pokemon home? Would the new member be upset with her if she knocked...? But she wanted to say welcome, and she wanted to be nice, because maybe it'd make her happier... Was that selfish? Would Darcy be upset with her? Darcy wasn't here...

How she wished she was...

Before she could think herself out of the situation, the jigglypuff stepped forward towards the door, and knocked softly. It wasn't very loud, but it was the best she could manage... She knocked again, trying to make it a bit louder. "H-Hello...?" Alki called out, shifting nervously as her ears twitched. She wore her feather between her ear, and the ribbon tied around the cut on her wrist. It was healing ok, and somehow, no one had noticed yet... She pushed up her glasses softly, wondering if maybe she should take them off. Would the Pokemon laugh at her for looking dumb...?
Back to top Go down
Keeogree

Keeogree

Poké : 920

Knock knock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 10:46 pm

Despite it being the middle of the day, Trucy was fast asleep, slightly tossing and turning, in the midst of her sleep, she was trying to find the perfect position. A book was propped up on her face, her beak helping it stand up, kind of like a tent. The amount of pages on the left was far greater than the ones on the right, showing that she was fairly close to finishing it. Even with the book covering her face, she kept on sleeping, would anyone be able to wake this slugabed up?

Just then, a low, barely audible knock was made on the door to Trucy’s room. While it would be easily glossed over by most Pokémon, Trucy heard it fairly clearly, due to her species’ great hearing ability, which for the first time was working against her. “Hunh?” She said with one eye half open, without even questioning the fact that her face was literally stuffed in a book, she moved it off of her, making as little movements as possible. She placed it face down on the ground next to her, not even realizing that she lost all of her current progress due to her forgetting to move her bookmark. The operation had taken her mind off of the knock at her front door, making her forget all about it, as she slowly shuffled in her bed, she started to once again nod off...

Before she was able to go back to sleep however, a second knock was heard, this time a lot louder, she couldn’t ignore it this time. She wearily picked herself up, and looked towards the door, slightly annoyed, “Who the hell can that be at this time of nigh-?” She looked at her window, the sun was shining... and she had somehow slept right through it... “Crap, I really need to stop staying up so late...” she said to herself, knowing full well that she would promptly stay up just as late tonight. She slowly made her way to the door, “B-be right there...!” She tried and failed to coat her tiredness with enthusiasm. Once she reached her door, she slowly creaked it open, to reveal the nervous Jigglypuff. Due to her tired state, she didn’t even realize it was someone she had met before... “Uh... Howdy?”Trucy said with eyes half closed. She shook her whole body from her beak all the way to her tail feathers, which helped her wake up slightly. “Do ya need something?”
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

Knock knock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 2:14 am

Alki jumped as the door opened before her. Of course, given she'd knocked, it had been the result that she'd been hoping for. Although she didn't really feel that way... She'd been able to hear some muttering from inside, although the door and wall between her and the Pokemon inside muffled the sound, of course. Maybe she'd made a mistake, just knocking... Maybe she should've just waited outside, and approached her when the door opened? No... That'd just be creepy... The girl rubbed her wrist softly, before tightening the ribbon around it.

It was then that she realized that the Pokemon in front of her had been waiting for a response. Alki jumped in place at the thought, beginning to blush from embarrassment. Oh, she was such a dolt... She'd said hello, and she'd asked why she was there, and the bird in front of her seemed so tired...

"O-Oh, u-uh, H-Howdy..." The balloon answered. She began to rub her wrist with renewed vigor, as her ears bent down. She managed a small, fearful smile as she tried to figure out what to say. What did she want...? Well, she wanted to be friendly... That was just about it. What was she supposed to say?

"Um... Y-you're new, r-right...? T-To the guild?" Alki said tapping her hands together as her glasses slipped slightly. At the moment, she was just a bit too frightened to do much about it, though. "I-I j-just wanted t-to say w-welcome..." Her voice was soft and timid, but she managed a small smile to accompany her welcome. For all the fear in her voice, she still managed, somehow, to sound genuine. Because she was! She hoped the Fletchling would be a better guild-member than she was...
Back to top Go down
Keeogree

Keeogree

Knock knock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 3:37 pm

Trucy lightly blushed when asked if she was a newcomer to the guild, she had assumed the worst and believed that the Jigglypuff noted her awful sleep schedule and associated it with her being a newbie, a tenderfoot. However, it’s not like the Jigglypuff was wrong... She was new, after all. She looked away slightly away from the Jigglypuff, still keeping eye contact, but not facing completely towards her. “Y-yeah, I’m new...” she said, a bit defeated. Hopefully her visitor wouldn’t notice her tone, and even if she did, it would be attributed to Trucy being simply sleepy...

Trucy returned to facing the balloon Pokémon, and waited for their response. As she waited, she noticed the odd red feather between the Pokémon’s ear, she could’ve sworn she had saw something of the sort before... but where? Trucy was quiet, she analyzed the Jigglypuff, had she seen this Pokémon before? “No... no Pokémon that I’ve had met had worn... whatever is on this Jigglypuff’s face before... but that red feather... something tells me I’ve seen it somewhere...” she pondered to herself.

Trucy broke the silence, right then and there. “Alright then, uhh... what’s your name?” She asked, eager for a response. “I’ll start off, I’m Trucy, nice to meet ya.” she said still a bit tired. If she finally heard her visitors name, she would definitely be able to confirm or deny if she had met them before...
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

Knock knock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 9:15 pm

"Alki..." The girl said, continuing to rub her wrist lightly. So the bird in question was new, but the jigglypuff couldn't help but feel as though, maybe, she'd done something wrong. Had she been too direct? The Fletchling didn't seem very happy about this, as she looked away, still managing to keep eye contact. Maybe she was just tired? That'd be better than upset with her... "M-My name's Alki, and it's n-nice to meet you too..."

Now what? She had no clue what to do now... She hadn't even envisioned herself coming this far. The balloon pokemon rocked back and forth, from her heels to her toes, as she tried to figure out what to say. She lifted her hands to her mouth, as the glasses slipped slightly from her face. She was silent for an uncomfortably long time, before finally bringing herself to say something.

"I'm a guild member too, but I-I'm n-not a v-very good one... I-I j-just wanted t-to say hi..." Trucy... that name seemed familiar. Had she met her somewhere before? "H-Have w-we m-m-met...?" She asked, the words spilling out before she could stop herself. Oh gosh... If they had met, then she'd just seem like a thoughtless, careless, rude little kid... But she really couldn't remember... She wasn't very good with names, and so much had happened in the past few weeks that it was hard to remember anything beyond that...

"S-S-Sorry... I-I'm n-not good at this..." She said, hoping to distract from her question. Gosh, now she just felt horrible, and she'd only said seven sentences...
Back to top Go down
Keeogree

Keeogree

Knock knock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 4:33 am

Trucy’s eagerness for the Jigglypuff’s answer was soon replaced with a feeling of dread, the Jigglypuff that had introduced herself was Alki, someone who Trucy had met not too long when she first arrived in Grassveil Town. Despite already meeting with each other, it seemed that Alki had no recollection of their past meeting, thinking that this was their first encounter. Trucy was fully awake now, but I’m the corner of her mind she wished that she would wake up from this “dream” and start things right... but she knew that wouldn’t happen, this was reality, even if she didn’t want to accept it. “A-Alki... h-huh?” She said, a bit shaken. She wasn’t sure how to progress the conversation... her mind was foggy, all she could really think about was the fact that Alki forgot about her...

That was when, seemingly, Alki felt a tinge of remembrance. Asking if her and the Fletchling had met before, sounding confused herself. Trucy almost immediately replied with a simple “Y-yes we have...” she looked down towards the ground. “I guess I’m just that forgettable, h-huh...” The fletching said, feeling miserable. She felt like she was gonna cry, One of her worst fears, Being forgotten, had just been realized.

Trucy started to tear up, but she tried her best to keep on going, trying to keep up her persona as a mature adult rather than simply a child and failing miserably. “I—I guess you just blocked t-that day out of your m-memory h-huh...?” She said, her tears slowly coming down her face, she was still trying to keep her crying at a minimum. She hated crying, it made her feel... weak. “T-that’s not f-fair to me...” she said through her tears with a tinge of childish anger.

Yeesh, what a great second first impression.
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

Knock knock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 5:46 am

Alki's heart sank in record time as the robin seemed to put the dots together at the same time Alki did. She could remember that day pretty clearly now. The emotional roller coaster that had occurred since Yigo had done... whatever it was he'd done that day. She still wasn't one-hundred percent sure what she'd done wrong, but she had to have done something wrong, or else the Sandshrew would still like her, and then being forced to accompany Trucy, and Julie, trying to see them through the day, getting them to the guild, and ultimately, not even being able to do that?

The jigglypuff lowered her head in shame, ears flattening as she let the Fletchling continue. She wasn't forgettable... From what she could remember, Trucy had been great, it's just... she'd never been good with names, and that day had felt so bad... She was right, in a sense. She had blocked that day out of her memory, but it wasn't because of Trucy... Trucy had been one of the only saving graces of that day. She felt tears begin to run down her face as she tried to re-compose herself.

It really wasn't fair to Trucy... Why was she just such a horrible person, and so naturally too? The whole point of this was to try to be nice... And already... Things were going so badly... A sniffle escaped the girl, who was at a complete loss for what to say. The older Pokemon seemed quite upset, and Alki could tell she was trying not to cry, even as she herself continued to look down. She didn't have to look at the Fletchling to tell. She'd been in that position too many times to count...

"I d-didn't m-mean t-to... T-That's n-not... Y-You're n-not f-forgettable... I-I'm... I-I'm j-just n-not a good person... P-Please d-don't... d-don't take it p-personally... I'm sorry... " Alki said, her voice growing more and more weak-willed as she spoke. She didn't have any confidence to begin with, and what was she supposed to say to this? She felt horrible... Maybe she should just leave? But she'd teleported away last time... That'd just add insult to injury for her, wouldn't it...? So she had to stay...

The balloon pokemon began to quiver out of fear. This always happened... Suppose the Fletchling's sadness turned to anger? She'd seen it happen before...
Back to top Go down
Keeogree

Keeogree

Knock knock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 2:42 am

Trucy couldn’t help but blush even harder when Alki started crying along with her. She couldn’t help but think about the possibility of multiple on-lookers watching two children bawl their eyes out, would they laugh at us? Would they just look on akwardly? Trucy did not want to find out, as both of the situations that came into her head would cause a very substantial effect on her look, and it wouldn’t be good. Who would want to team up with a fragile, weak, child...?

She looked around in a bit of a panic, she needed to find a way to separate themselves from any possible witnesses to their party of tears. She only really had one option. Despite the mess, at least, on her side of the room anyway, Trucy said to her teary eyed visitor “M-maybe we should t-take this inside...” the Fletchling said, opening her door further to let the Jigglypuff in, still having her own personal waterworks going strong. She didn’t want to invite someone into her room right now, But if it only made her embarrassed in front of one Pokémon, it would definitely be better than being embarrassed in front of potentially the entire Guild, it was the middle of the day, after all.

“I-I just w-wanna talk... please.” Trucy shakily forced herself to say, she didn’t want the Jigglypuff to abruptly leave her again, to forget about her again... It was quite rare for someone to get a second chance at something like this, and Trucy was not gonna let it pass her.
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

Knock knock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 3:12 am

"Fine by me..." Alki said. She could hardly muster the will to project her voice at all. If someone weren't paying attention, they might even think that she had said nothing at all. She wasn't sure if she really wanted to go inside, but given the Fletchling's pleas, she wasn't sure she had a choice. And besides, taking into account what had happened the last time she'd run away from her problems, Alki felt fairly certain that teleporting away would only make things worse. All things considered, she didn't know much about Trucy, but she knew the Fletchling was selfless enough to be a guild member. And she'd never met a guild member who deserved to suffer. Aside from herself, of course.

"I will... I-I'm sorry I did... Uh" The Jigglypuff said, before taking a few apprehensive steps inside. She didn't find she had the heart to finish her statement. That meant admitting what she'd done wrong... The room was nice. A lot like hers, all things considered. One side of the room was messy and unorganized, a lot like her half of her room. The other half was relatively tidy, a lot like Darcy's half.

She didn't fixate too much on this. The balloon Pokemon was too preoccupied crying on the floor of the room, having fallen face first onto the ground. At the very least she wasn't being loud about it. When she was alone, and her thoughts got to be too much, she often collapsed face first onto the floor to cry. Just like she was doing now. Who was going to judge her anyways? She deserved Trucy's judgement and anger, and she wasn't about to defend herself... She wasn't worth defending.
Back to top Go down
Keeogree

Keeogree

Knock knock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 4:12 am

After the balloon Pokémon had entered the room, the tiny robin slowly closed the door, in an attempt to create as little noise as possible. When the door finally closed, Trucy couldn’t help but feel a bit relieved, knowing that all possible onlookers were now closed off. Her crying was already embarrassing by itself, but then add the fact that Alki was doing the same along with her and you’ve got an embarrassment level completely off the charts. With the door finally shut, Trucy could finally stop restraining herself, for better, or for worse...

She looked at the pathetic Jigglypuff, sulking on the floor of her room. It surely was... an unusual way of coping with sadness. “W-what are you d-doing...?” Trucy said with her tears slowly picking up their pace. She wanted to be angry at the balloon, all of the pieces were in place for her to do so, but for whatever reason, she couldn’t find it in herself to be so. She looked on at the Jigglypuff’s piteous display, and couldn’t find any anger in her body, only sadness and pity, pity for the Jigglypuff that had came to her room and essentially confirmed that she wasn’t noteworthy in the slightest... why? She had no idea... it confused her to no end...

“P-pick yourself up, Alki... I-I just want to talk with you...” She flew the short distance between them and placed herself near Alki, and hesitantly put her wing on top of the Jigglypuff. Even Trucy was shocked with that she had just done, it was like her body moved on it’s own, welp, there was no turning back now.  “I’m not m-mad... I s-swear...! She hastily said, trying to patch up the huge hole they had both created.
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

Knock knock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 1:47 am

Alki shivered at the robin's touch, her feathers bristling against her body. Even as Trucy asked her to pick herself up, the balloon Pokemon found herself unable to do so. Instead, she continued to cry on the floor, seeming to deflate ever so slightly as Trucy stated that she wasn't mad. Maybe so, but she could quite clearly hear Trucy crying, even as her own tears continued to fall, and stain the ground beneath her. Alki closed her eyes, wishing she could just disappear, but of course, she wasn't capable of such a thing. She'd dug herself into this hole by trying to be nice...

Now, how was she going to climb out? Alki let out a sniffle as she attempted to gather her thoughts. She couldn't bear to look at Trucy's face. It was because of her that she'd hurt the nice bird's feelings, and she didn't want to be confronted with that. She deserved to just lay on the ground and suffer until Trucy decided to kick her out... Or something. Anything was better than having to confront the fact that she'd made Trucy cry...

"Y-Y-You m-might not be m-mad..." Alki said softly, ears flattening as she quivered. "B-But I m-made you c-cry, a-and I c-can't forgive myself for that..." Alki said, before breaking down into renewed sobbing. She wanted to lock herself in her room and hide there, but it was so far, far away, and that'd imply standing up to walk back there, and she couldn't do that...

Instead, Alki remained on the floor, squeaking in fear as an almost incoherent babble of apologies slipped from her mouth. She just didn't want Trucy to hate her, but everything she'd do would only make it worse, wouldn't it...?
Back to top Go down
Keeogree

Keeogree

Knock knock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 2:35 am

Trucy realized fairly quickly that their conversation was going nowhere, Trucy wanted to reassure the Jigglypuff that everything was alright, even if it truly wasn’t... But it seemed like the defeatist Jigglypuff wouldn’t budge, so she had to think of another approach... “U-uhm... well...” The Fletchling was at a loss for words, her determination to set the record straight with her visitor wavered for a bit, “A-am I gonna fail... a-again...?” She thought you herself. “N-No! I can’t! I...!” She further thought, finally reaching out towards her answer towards what seemed like an unwinnable situation.

She brushed her wing in a comforting manner, trying to calm down the Jigglypuff. “A-Alki...” the tiny robin started, “E-earlier, you said you were... t-terrible...” she said, still shaken “W-what you j-just said p-proves that c-couldn’t be further from the t-truth...” Trucy was shaking, she knew that this could potentially be her last chance to forge any sort of lasting bond with the nervous Jigglypuff. “I-if you were truly terrible, you w-wouldn’t care about how I-I f-feel...!” Her crying seemed to almost crescendo at that point, through her babbling, she said “I-I-I really a-appreciate that a-about...! she didn’t finish her sentence, she needed to let her bottled up emotions out, however, through her tears, she managed to smile.

“Y-you...”
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

Knock knock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 9:42 pm

"N-No! It... d-doesn't mean that... It means I'm just..." Alki's feet curled up against her body, as she brought her hands up to cover her eyes. Whatever more she had to say died on her tongue. The jigglypuff's ears flattened as she struggled to think of what to say. "I-I'm not worth your sympathy, a-and you should h-h-hate me..." Alki stuttered, before rolling over onto her back. "I am terrible, you just d-don't... know... I-I'm sorry to bother you, though..."

Now what? What more was she supposed to say? She'd said everything she could think of, but if Trucy was still insistent on trying to cheer her up... "I d-don't... t-think I d-d-deserve your sympathy... P-Please don't cry..." It was horrible of her that she'd made Trucy cry at all! She seemed like such a nice guild-mon, and in the time she'd spent with her before, she seemed like such a bright person... And she'd made someone like that cry...?

"S-Sorry..."
Back to top Go down
Keeogree

Keeogree

Knock knock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 6:59 am

Trucy listened to the Jigglypuff go on and on like a broken record, saying that she wasn’t worth her sympathy. Even going so far as to say that she was terrible again. How could someone live like this? Never thinking that they’re worth anything... It truly was a concept that she could not wrap her head around. Trucy seemed to get a bit of a hold of her emotions, thanks to her letting ‘em a bit loose earlier, which definitely helped her gather her thoughts and finally respond to the Jigglypuff.

“D-don’t be silly...” Trucy said, taking her wing back and sitting herself near the Jigglypuff. “You seem to b-beat yourself up whenever the slightest thing goes wrong...” she said, a bit meekly, but still fairly audible. “Why do y-you do that to yourself? Why do you believe you’re not worth anything?” Trucy said, sounding legitimately confused. “I feel like some twisted p-pokémon could take advantage of the q-quality... When I think of that... it makes me wanna... I don’t know...” Trucy has trouble finding the word she wanted to say, she looked around the room nonchalantly for some possible inspiration... She set her eyes back on the book she had been reading, it was then that she figured out what she had wanted to say.

“Uhm... p-protect you...?” Trucy said, when she finally realized what she had just said, she started to blush, so much so that her own body heat reached almost feverish levels “Did I really just say that?” Trucy thought, “That sounded like something a stupid kid would say...” She needed to say something else, to take her mind off of what she had just said. “U-u-uhhh... forget I said that, that was s-stupid, r-right?” She said, not even realizing that she fell into a very similar trap that Alki finds herself in. “H-ha h-ha...”
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

Knock knock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! EmptyTue May 05, 2020 7:44 am

Alki watched as the Fletchling sat herself down beside her, still worryingly kind to her. She seemed a bit nervous, but then again, around someone like Alki, who wouldn't be? At least it wasn't difficult to hear her, although Alki wished she wasn't able to. The way she said things, what she was saying was too kind for her to bear. Even going so far as to say that she wanted to protect her? Although she seemed to take that last part back, which was... more than a relief to the balloon. Still, she couldn't help but wonder what she meant...

"Why s-shouldn't I...? B-Beat myself... Um, up..." Alki's right hand wandered once again to her left wrist, ensuring the ribbon was tied tightly enough. Her mind was brought back to that halloween,  but only for a moment. It wouldn't do to linger on such an unpleasant thought... "I-I d-do it c-cause I'm not worth anything... I-I've never d-done anything but m-make things harder f-for Darcy, or f-for... m-my other friends, or... w-well... things would be better if I just..."

Alki pressed her right hand against the left, the sensation of using her own move against herself returning. It hurt. It hurt a lot, and since then... Had something changed, with Darcy? It felt as though the Skitty had been more... well... worried. About her. Had she figured that out...?

"N-Nevermind... T-That's not... Um..." Alki shook her head, ears folding back as she readjusted her glasses once more. They were always sliding off her face... "W-Why d-do you w-want to protect me...? I'm... I-I know I don't s-seem like much, but I c-can handle myself! I'm... n-not q-quite as pathetically weak as I look..."

Alki knew that a fight probably wasn't quite what the fletchling had in mind, but it worked well enough to change the topic... Trucy didn't know much about her. That was the only reason she was being so kind...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Knock knock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock knock!   Knock knock! Empty

Back to top Go down

Knock knock!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Grassveil Town :: The Guild :: Guild Sleeping Quarters-
Jump to: