Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop.

Go down 
+2
Arestortle
FabopFrankie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FabopFrankie

FabopFrankie

Poké : 220

Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop. Empty
PostSubject: Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop.   Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop. EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 2:17 am

I'm awfully lost on how to get poke and I just figured out how to post right now, only problem is I don't know if it's in the right thread :/

I came here with ideas for a few characters, a honedge, a ditto, and a totodile were my ideas...only for me to figure out that ALL THREE of those are banned pokemon :(

It'd be very nice if someone could give me some ideas for my first pokemon on here, thank you!

Magikarp
Back to top Go down
Arestortle

Arestortle

Poké : 560

PostSubject: Re: Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop.   Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop. EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 4:47 am

Heyloo, Fabop! To your contrary, Honedge IS permitted! I just checked the ban list and see Honedge nowhere on the first post (which is the only one that matters). That being said, this world has only 1 Turtwig (that being my only character, check it out in my signature), and it'd be hard not to imagine that there are a lot of other Pokemon species that could use more love and attention. Who knows, maybe a Pokemon you're feeling "bleh" about now will rise to become one of your top picks!

Also, join our Discord server for consistent chats. You'll need to verify ON THIS SITE who you are to get full access, though.
Back to top Go down
FabopFrankie

FabopFrankie

PostSubject: Re: Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop.   Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop. EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 5:30 am

Oh! I did not realize that, sorry! But I do wonder why it's farther down in some of the lower lists, it seems totally playable, it has an arm, an eye, and floats-so it's totally capable of moving and doing other pokemon things.

I don't know about joining discord however, ive never been on discord and it's actually blocked on my computer due to (sigh) parental controls. But anyway, I guess i'm off to go create my first character. :P
Back to top Go down
Arestortle

Arestortle

Poké : 560

PostSubject: Re: Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop.   Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop. EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 7:00 am

Yeah, once you make your Honedge, you'll be the last user to be able to use a Honedge character for a little while. (TL;DR: you will get Honedge's last slot before it is actually banned, and that ban will only last until 20 species are banned due to usage) You won't actually need to worry about that part; once your Honedge is approved, you can play a Honedge!

In regards to your Discord predicament, OOF, F, and every other way to be sorry. I personally don't always have Discord access, but my flip phone's browser can get me here whenever. On-site Private Messages are unavailable until you hit 5 Posts, so just stick around a little longer and that'll unlock in no time. I am happy to try to keep up with you, and can even try to help you stay informed if need be, all in PMs. Powar needs more friends, anyway, so a ghost sword can just be one to add to the list! (Pending any issues that may arise between an uber-friendly good Turtwig and a Honedge depending on your background)

WELCOME ABOARD!
Back to top Go down
FabopFrankie

FabopFrankie

PostSubject: Re: Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop.   Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop. EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 7:08 am

Yeehaw pardner'.
Back to top Go down
TempGuardian

TempGuardian

Poké : 250
Location : What IS location? What is the solid ground of which we stand without the soul that lives within it? How can you really call a location your home when you are missing the one thing that makes a location that which it is?

PostSubject: Re: Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop.   Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop. EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:02 pm

In regards to previous, earlier mentions of picking lesser known Pokémon...I like to think I picked Murkrow before it was cool~

I’ve never really felt super strongly towards Murkrow, they were always sorta meh for me. Like, maybe they might be neat, but there are better Pokémon out there in my opinion. Or were. Now, after having created Radar the Murkrow, visual by Scypho in my World of Stories (link below), Murkrow has become a Pokémon I really like. So, I speak from experience when I say that picking a meh Pokémon as a character—whether it be your first, second, third, or whatever character—can really shine the Pokémon in a new light for you if you like your character.

Anyways, welcome to the site, it sucks you don’t have Discord, but...look at me. I’m rocking this site, somewhat, without using Discord. Or am going to. Anyways, we’re all glad to have you, and if you’re looking for a fun site event to participate in, go check out the “Story Mode” thread in Character Discussion~

Anyone’s welcome!

~TempGuardian, just another user on PMD RP.
Back to top Go down
FabopFrankie

FabopFrankie

PostSubject: Re: Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop.   Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop. EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 6:06 pm

It'd be great to finally rp on here, but i'm still waiting to get approved. Good to know a place to start however. :)

I picked Honedge because I actually used a randomizer to help choose for me, as I have a hard time making decisions, and Honedge just sorta sat there as like something that'd be challenging but at the same time really fun trying to figure out things like, "how'd it eat" and "does levitation mean it can fly?".

My second choice was actually Dunsparce, kind of a "meh" pokemon to me at first but it's grown on me over time and is actually one of my favorites now, I mean it's a snek that can use earthquake and thunderbolt (via tm) and learns dragon rush naturally, i'm surprised less people pick it.

I'd definitely like to pick some lesser used pokes in the future as playing as something that seems unplayable is always a fun challenge-like Seviper, or Ekans not having arms to hold things with, or maybe even just a Shuckle. Being Shuckle must be hard knowing you are the strongest man in the room but only with the help of Cherrim in it's sunshine form using helping hand in a triple battle while at the same time using power trick to up your base stats to god-tier levels while holding a metronome and using rollout repeatedly. The temptation, knowing your could slaughter all who oppose you with a single attack, all you need is a critical hit to deal 4,000,000+ damage, reality can be whatever you want.

*cough*

Anyway, Shuckle sounds fun.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

Poké : 2445

PostSubject: Re: Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop.   Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop. EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi and welcome! Good luck with your character creation predicament. More than anything, you should pick a Pokemon you think would be fun to play and easy to develop a consistent character for. Don't worry too much about detail complications since most RPers with Pokemon like that either avoid talking about it or make silly jokes about it without providing an explanation. I definitely think Honedge would be a fun Pokemon to use as long as you can come up with a backstory and personality that's especially easy to work with. In my opinion, the more eccentric but still true to yourself the character is, the easier it is to roleplay them! In summary, have fun while being sure you're still following the rules, and as always, enjoy your stay :3
Back to top Go down
Shield

Shield

Poké : 3885

PostSubject: Re: Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop.   Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop. EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 6:31 pm

Hi there! Always nice to have a new member. That's pretty interesting. I'll admit that personally I made my first character a Pikipek because there were few Gen 7 Pokemon on site (this was back when Gen 7 was the most recent Pokemon generation allowed on this site, before the Gen 8 update) and I wanted to play a character that could fly because I really like the idea of flying. I'll also admit that I have an idea (not a PC character idea, but an outlaw job posting idea for one of the guilds here) for basically a Shuckle outlaw who uses Power Trick + certain items (including some unique to this very site) to become very dangerous and cause havoc. It hasn't been posted so far, though maybe it will someday.

But enough about me (and I noticed that aMEWzing managed to actually post here while I was still typing xD). Your character application looks pretty interesting. I'm not a staff member, but I hope you can get approved soon!
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

Poké : 1360

PostSubject: Re: Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop.   Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop. EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 8:45 pm

Ah yes, more Fresh mea... No i've gotta stop saying that. No blade, no butchering the newbies...

In all seriousness, welcome aboard the PMD train. I don't really have much to say apart from what everyone else has. I was lucky and had immediate access to one of my favorites. Umbreon is my favorite but... this was old Lord EV days where he singlehandedly controlled the Eevee population so i went with Absol instead. Honedge is cool though, i'll give you that one. Oh, and don't get disheartened if you fail the first time. A lot of the time someone gets their character rejected the first time and just abandons the site all together. The people here generally give good criticism for improving.
Back to top Go down
FabopFrankie

FabopFrankie

PostSubject: Re: Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop.   Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop. EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 6:38 am

My character didn't get approved but i'm really happy it didn't because honestly its backstory was THE WORST ONE I HAVE EVER MADE. I edited the character now and I feel it falls under all guidelines and everything that I was said to do (maybe). You can view the character here
-->https://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org/t6266-orcrist-the-honedge<--
If you guys have any ideas for it for ways to make it better i'm happy to hear them!
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

Poké : 2445

PostSubject: Re: Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop.   Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop. EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 5:44 pm

Bio is lookin better! But just so you know, you don't need that keyword at the end anymore |3 that was just for the poke verification that you read the rules
Back to top Go down
FabopFrankie

FabopFrankie

PostSubject: Re: Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop.   Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop. EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 5:53 am

Oh ok, thank you.  Ditto
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop.   Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop. Empty

Back to top Go down

Skidoo skaday, seize the day, hip hip hurray-hi i'm Fabop.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Getting Started :: Introductions-
Jump to: