Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Back to School

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

Poké : 5990

Back to School - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Back to School   Back to School - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 2:26 am

First topic message reminder :

Osiris didn't think there was ever a time when the streets of Grassveil weren't busy.

Having been born and raised in Grassveil, he'd spent much of his early childhood slithering all over the place at every given opportunity. The dratini was confident enough to make the claim that he knew his hometown like the back of his tail, and he definitely moved like it. He waded his way through the streets, snaking through the legs of much taller and larger pokemon, dragging behind him an empty leather satchel affixed to his neck by a strap.

"Excuse me—pardon me—comin' through~," he called out absently, his first stop of the day clear in his mind. That stuffy old book store that his mom used to drag him into when he was little.

Usually, he spent his time reading at home or playing with his friends, or occasionally working up the nerve to explore one of the forests surrounding Grassveil. It wasn't so, today; Osiris had an actual, bonafide errand to run. Classes at Peak had just started, and while Osiris had attended his first one already—his instant favorite, Countering—he had preparations to make for the second. School supplies, essentially. His second major was Essential Skills, so he figured it was probably a good idea to show up to class with at least the ability to take notes.

He didn't know what he specifically needed, but as he lived in town, he could afford to just get a few things and pick up others as he needed them. Today's list was simple - some writing utensils, some paper, and whatever else jumped out at him while he was out.

The dratini came to a reluctant stop at his destination, a decrepit, sad little structure with a sign out front reading Grassveil, Used Books and Other Goods. He heaved a long-suffering sigh before steeling himself and slithering through the open door, resigned to his fate.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 10:36 pm

"Mmmmhm~," the simipour hummed, folding a page corner in her book and setting it aside. She produced a couple of small plates and reached down into the glass display, plucking the pastry Alki had gestured at along with a couple of poffins on the side, presumably Iris' order. "Will that be all for you?" she asked, plating their orders and pushing them across the counter. Osiris nodded at her. "That comes to 11 poke, then."

Osiris nodded, thumbing his satchel back open and reaching for a cluster of coins, counting them out. "Here ya go." he said, raising them as far up as he could, which wasn't high enough to reach the tall counter. The simipour took pity on him after a moment and snaked her long arm down to accept the payment, passing him his plate of poffins in the same movement. Being a snake, he didn't exactly have arms or hands, so he had to settle for chomping down on the edge of the plate and holding it in his mouth, trying not to let the poffins slide off. She pushed Alki's plate toward her as well, looking very amused at the sight in front of her.

"Awm-nt-vwy-gud-atit-yet," he mumbled through the plate in his mouth, turning and looking for a place to sit down. "But-ve-kin-compaw-notes." he finished, spotting a few comfy looking recliners with a table in between them. He gestured toward the area with his tail, motioning for them to sit.
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

Poké : 521

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 11:31 pm

Alki fished out her own Poke, but to her surprise, Iris seemed to be willing to pay for them both, so Alki, rather confusedly, put away her own Poke and took her plate. His... tail wasn't long enough to reach up on top of the counter. Alki couldn't reach either, really, unless she used her hidden power, and that wasn't something she really felt confident enough to do... it's not like she could control it that well yet, so why try? The Simipour took Iris's money and gave them their plates. Alki could barely reach hers if she stood on her toes and stretched out as far as she could, but somehow, she just barely managed.

Once having retrieved her plate, she turned to Iris, to see him holding his in his mouth. That wouldn't have caught her attention at all, had it not been for the fact that he was talking while he was holding it! Alki began to fidget uncomfortably, watching the plate wobble around in his mouth as he said something about notes? Alki hurried to the chair, hoping that the sooner she sat herself down, the sooner he'd set his plates down as well.

"C-C'mon! Hurry! Y-You're gonna drop them..." Alki cried out, a bit louder than her usual speaking voice. She hoped she didn't come off as cross, but it really did scare her that he'd drop the plate and that it'd break and then... how much did plates cost? "And... uh..." Alki shifted in her seat, picking up a pillow and pressing it between her hands. "I, uh... d-didn't quite catch what you said..."
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 12:05 am

Osiris dutifully followed after the jigglypuff and—delicately—laid his poffins down on the table. He worked his jaw a few times, his snout flexing with the motion. That evolution to dragonite couldn't come sooner, honestly. Arms and hands sounded dead useful. Once he became a dragonair he would technically have enough length to handle most mundane tasks; He saw his mom do it often enough. But, still.

"I said I'm not all that good at it yet," he said, climbing up into a seat. "Battling, that is. I kinda suck. But we can compare notes if you want. Performing Arts sounds cool." One of his classmates in Countering took that major, he remembered. The roselia—her name escaped him at the moment, but he remembered it started with a V. Vester, maybe. The only one to land a hit on their teacher during the first round of practice, at any rate. It'd been wicked impressive. Maybe Alki would have classes with her, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 12:34 am

Alki breathed a sigh of relief as Iris placed his plate on top of the table. She could finally relax after such a callous display of... well, she wasn't sure what exactly it was a display of. But it had freaked her out! She hoped he wouldn't do that again... She tilted her head as the Dratini continued to speak, setting the pillow down between her feet and body, and rested her arms on top of it. "I-I'm sure you're fine at it! I mean, you're actually brave enough to take it." She paused, wondering if maybe she ought to switch classes. It would be useful to learn, after all.

"I-I don't really think you'd want my notes, even if I had any. I mean... She paused, wondering how in-depth she should go. But she felt comfortable enough to tell this Dratini some stuff, anyways, so she didn't mind. "I-I've been in a few fights before, y'know... like..." She paused, counting in her head. "T-Three? That I can remember... I mean, aside from small... uh... f-fights on the pond, when I was a kid... I also lost one to my sister... then I lost one to this C-Croagunk, out in the marsh..." She shuddered... She still resented being kicked around like that, and that fight had been a particularly painful one to lose... type difference really did matter a lot, huh? "A-And then this Charizard too, once... And I haven't ever won a fight! I'm sure you'd do better than that..." She said, laughing awkwardly. She really didn't feel like laughing, remembering all that. She'd made a mistake, most likely, and she took a bite out of her pastry, so as to prevent herself from bringing up any more dumb things.
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 2:03 am

Osiris took a generous chomp out of one of his poffins while Alki talked, paying rapt attention to the jigglypuff. Fights were serious business to him—he'd never been in a serious fight. Not really. At least not a serious, one on one fight where he was legitimately in danger. So in a way, Alki had like, three times more experience when it came to this stuff. It put a lot of things into perspective. Even this girl had one foot already into the world that he desperately wanted to enter. Maybe her string of losses had something to do with how anxious she seemed all the time.

"A charizard, huh." he echoed, blinking at that. He swallowed his bite of poffin absently, duly noting the warm, explosive flavor of oran and baked dough. "That's... pretty nuts. Why on earth would ya wanna fight something like that, and not something more your speed?" he asked, genuinely curious. She was practically setting herself up for failure, gunning for opponents that powerful. He knew about charizards—he'd even met a charmeleon before! And that guy had been super cool and powerful, or at least seemed like that to Osiris. He couldn't see himself taking on opponents like that until long, long after he had evolved. Maybe twice. He'd be more comfortable facing down those threats as a dragonite, really.
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 2:17 am

"W-Well, I mean... I-It's... not like I wanted to fight any of them..." She said, suddenly rather self-conscious. She'd said she'd lost them all! But he still seemed impressed with her... "I-I was terrified, but... y-y'know... other... uh. Other... t-things were at stake..." She mumbled, poking at her pastry. She had no clue why he was so curious about a loser like her... At his last question, she seemed to withdraw, hugging the pillow tighter against her chest. "I-If it were up to me, I wouldn't fight a-a-anyone... I'd rather just... y-y'know. Blend in, I guess. Just go unnoticed. Like a phantom..." She set the pillow down beside her, taking a bite out of her pastry. That much was true... Why would she want to go picking fights, with what she was going to do? She perked up a bit, noting the sweetness of the chocolate covering on top of her pastry. She took another, rather large bite before continuing.

"B-But... I mean, I guess you don't get a choice sometimes, y-y'know... All those fights just sorta... sorta happened around me. Besides! Like I said, I lost them all..." She said, setting her pastry back down on her plate and picking the pillow back up. She always got anxious just thinking about it... With any luck, if she was a good enough thief, she'd never have to fight again.
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 2:40 am

"At least you're trying," Osiris said through a mouthful of poffin. He chewed and swallowed mechanically, his mind occupied with taking in everything Alki was saying. "I haven't really been in any fights. Practice, mostly, and a couple of pokemon in the forest... but nothing like that. A charizard would chew me up and spit me right out."

He had to wonder what other things were exactly at stake that Alki felt the need to get into fights. She didn't seem like a guild member, really. He knew that they came in all shapes, sizes, and personalities, but he couldn't quite picture her doing missions or saving people—not that she lacked the resolve since she obviously was getting into it with all these different pokemon, but she flat out said she didn't want to fight. Who'd ever heard of a guild member who didn't want to fight?

Maybe it had to do with her home. She said she'd lived in a mystery dungeon, after all. Did she have to defend her place from nosy explorers and outlaws? He almost asked, but it sounded like a rude thing to bring up, so he stopped himself, merely taking another bite of poffin. The dratini chewed and swallowed again, a thought coming to him. "Is that why you're going to school? So you don't gotta fight anymore?"
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 3:12 am

She'd never really thought of it that way, but even then... she wasn't trying anything! She'd just wanted to live a normal life (At least until she had to do things for the thieves. That probably wasn't normal). And then some stupid Charizard had to go tearing things up in town! She hated that Charizard...

"O-Oh." She didn't like the mental image of someone getting chewed up and spat out... She blinked a couple of times, trying to wipe the thought from her memory. She took a bite out of her pastry, thinking of something to say in response to that. Her mind was drawing a blank, however. She kicked her feet together a couple of times, suddenly rather embarrassed. He thought highly of her, for some reason, and all Alki could manage to do was stammer some meaningless words and offer a bashful, sheepish smile up at the Dratini. She did appreciate the admiration, even if it was unfounded...

The Dratini's final question, however, caught her for a loop. Alki had no clue what to say in response. Even she didn't quite know why she was going to school. Alki reached for another bite of pastry, but by now, it was gone. She hadn't even noticed... "I-I mean... I guess?" She offered. She felt bad, however. That answer was hardly satisfactory for this kind of thing, wasn't it? "I-It's just... I dunno. I guess I'm... She paused, thinking about her answer. "I've never been good at fighting, a-and... I don't want to be good at it. All I ever do is lose... I'm... I have a job, and... I don't need to be..." Alki pushed her empty plate away from her. She didn't want to tell him that much... "I-I don't need to be good at fighting. I need to be good at other stuff, s-so... so I want to go to school to learn other stuff..." She finished, her ears curling against her head. "I guess you're right, then, I don't really want to fight anymore... but I have bad luck, so I'm probably going to have to learn it at some point anyways..."
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 3:25 am

The dratini hesitatingly nodded along with Alki's impromptu explanation, doing his best to follow. She was being awfully vague about things, but he honestly didn't hold it against her. They'd only met like, what, fifteen minutes ago? Twenty tops? He probably wouldn't tell her his life story if she asked either. "That makes sense," he said instead, licking a bit of crumb off the bottom of his snout. "The world's a dangerous place, after all. Better to know how to kick butt and not need to, rather than need to kick butt and not know how, eh?"

If he thought about it for a minute, they were kind of opposites. Alki was experienced with fighting but she didn't want to do it anymore, whereas Osiris wanted nothing more than to get out there and gain experience, yet he wasn't there yet. "Learning other stuff is cool, too. Way safer at any rate, and you can probably make more money." Osiris said. Learning to cook would be nice, he thought, taking a generous bite out of his second poffin after finishing off the first. Baking was a useful skill for anyone.

"... come to think of it, I think there's a cooking class at Peak." he blurted out absently, eyebrows raising as he remembered. "I think I signed up for that, actually."
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 4:03 am

Alki nodded, agreeing with the Dratini. What he said did make sense. It'd be much, much better for everyone involved in her life that she know how to handle herself. What if someone like Darcy, or Syndn'r were relying on her, and she didn't know? What if any of her friends were counting on her and she couldn't help... Alki looked up at the Dratini and smiled, in a genuinely good mood now. She hadn't told him everything, not by a long shot, but he still found it in him to be helpful. "Y-Yeah... I'm still a pretty long way out from "Kicking butt", but... y'know. Maybe I can get there..." She trailed off, lost in her own thoughts. Maybe she should take the class... even if it was scary... was she even allowed to do that?

"A-Ah, yeah... Learning other stuff is pretty cool. And I'm sure I'll make more money..." At this, Alki laughed a bit to herself. He was more right than he knew! He... probably would be less than thrilled if she actually told him what she was doing, but... hey! It wasn't bad work... Maybe a bit controversial...

"Cooking class? Yeah, I'm taking it..." Alki said, laughing. "W-We share a class!" She stood up on the couch, grinning, as excitement got the best of her. Cooking definitely sounded very fun... especially if she could learn to cook like the teacher! Now that would just be amazing .

Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 4:14 am

Osiris hadn't been initially thrilled with taking Essential Skills classes, but the revelation that his new friend had a class with him was enough to make him grin widely. Now that was good fortune. He fully expected the class to be super boring; Nothing would really be capable of measuring up to Battling classes, but having a pal next to him would make things go by way smoother. Plus, in his humble opinion, he thought he knew a thing or two since he'd watched his mom cook so often. Maybe he would be ahead of the curve a bit and he could help Alki.

"That's a relief," he said honestly. "I wasn't too sure about taking that class, but if I know someone there it should be that much better."

The dratini polished off a chunk of his second poffin, wondering what exactly they'd be learning. The basics, probably, if Countering I was anything to go by. They learned a bit about actually countering, sure, but the teacher—Lennox—had gone out of his way to make sure everyone had a solid foundation to work on as far as fighting was concerned. Maybe they'd learn the basics of cooking and get to make a simple dish. The more he thought about it, though, the more daunting it was. Osiris didn't have hands. His mom, at least, had enough bodily length and the ability to freaking fly that she could compensate. But he was short and stuck on the ground.

"I don't think I'll do too good, to be frank. Not unless I'm allowed on the table," he said with a carefree laugh.
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 4:28 am

"O-Oh, don't worry. I-I kinda know the teacher a bit, she's awfully nice! And really thoughtful and sweet and..." She began to blush, remembering that time that she and Mille had encountered each other on a particularly snowy day. That hadn't been a very pleasant day for her, but it would've been much worse if Mille hadn't been there... "And I'm sure you'll do fine!" She said, after a bit of a pause. "And it'll be great to have a friend in that class!"

Alki wondered what it was they had done in that fighting class. Now that she knew two people in that class, she was getting awfully curious about what it was they'd be doing there... "If you can fight, I'm sure you can cook! I mean... how much harder can it be?" Alki lay down on the couch, facing the Dratini. She probably looked quite silly, but she didn't notice. If she had, she most certainly would've cared, but for now, she just wanted to get comfortable. "I'm sure they'd let you on the table. They need to give everyone an even playing field, after all..."

Alki rolled over, lying on her back now, her feet propped up on the arm-rest as she looked up at the Dratini. "W-When do you think our first class'll be anyways? You're lucky you got to have a class..." She paused for a moment, thinking, before continuing. "What did you do in that battling class, anyways? If you guys already had one, you must've learned a lot about battling, huh!?"
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 4:41 am

"Maybe," Osiris allowed, grinning as he allowed himself to get buttered up. Alki wasn't even wrong, really. How much harder could cooking be than a class' worth of work with Lennox? He'd been a great teacher, but he remembered that the bug-type hadn't been afraid to get rough with them. "You make good points."

It probably should have come as a shock that Alki apparently knew a teacher at Peak, but for some reason he wasn't so astonished. They all probably lived at Grassveil, so chances were that he'd run into a few of them as well. He'd meet the cooking teacher during class regardless—the glowing praise from Alki made him curious, though.

"Oh, uh, we just did some basic stuff." he said, taking one last bite and finishing off his second poffin as he thought back to that day. "The class was called countering one but we didn't focus on that so much as we learned the basics. I mean, we did focus on that, but other stuff, too." he went on, remembering how Lennox had showcased a counter with his poison sting on a few occasions.

"I guess the most important thing we learned was this thing called the four S's. That's supposed to be the basis of a good counter." he began, stretching his tail out to lay his plate on the table. Then he coiled up, wrapping around himself so as to get more comfortable as he recalled his first class. "It went Strength, Situation, Supplies, Speed. Every time you get in a fight you have to, like, figure out how much of all the S's you and your opponent has. Then depending on those answers, you make your game plan to do the counter."

He grimaced for a moment, realizing he was kind of rambling without being very clear. "It made more sense when the teacher explained it, really. But we got to fight a little bit, so it was fun."
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 5:12 am

Alki grinned, her ears perking up and eyes widening as the Dratini acknowledged her making “Good points.” That was reassuring! Then he went on to talk about his fighting class, and at this, Alki paid rapt attention. Second-hand learning probably wasn’t as good as learning from the teacher himself, but… it was still learning! And she needed to learn to fight, he’d pointed out that much. “I mean, t-the basics are always important...” She contributed helpfully, before allowing the Dratini to continue. Something about the 4 S’s. Strength, Situation, Supplies, and Speed… The first and the last thing made a good amount of sense. Were you stronger than the other person, and were you faster? The middle two… not so much… and how were you supposed to figure out how much the other person had? Alki simply nodded along, pretending to understand as he spoke more. She understood very little at all, but she didn’t want to make Iris feel bad…

Although apparently, he recognized the flaws in his explanation himself. “Nah, you explained it just fine.” She lied, nodding at his final observation of it being fun. Her gaze drifted upwards, towards the roof, as an idea entered her mind. The girl suddenly had an urge to impress the Dratini beside her, and she began to grin. “Y-Y’know, I don’t have much of those other three S’s, but I bet I have some pretty good speed,” She said, still looking up towards the rafters in the roof. The beam was pretty thick, and she was a balloon. Surely, the beam could resist five pounds of pressure? She closed her eyes, visualizing where it was she wanted to go, focusing for a moment, before crying out:

“Catch me if you can!” She cried, giggling as she teleported up into the rafters, hoping to catch the Dratini off-guard. As soon as she arrived at her destination, a few feet upwards, she fell silent, hanging onto a supporting beam to steady herself. The beam seemed stable, and now all she had to do was wait to see his reaction! Alki closed her eyes and stifled a giggle, before re-opening them and gazing down at Iris, waiting to see what it was he’d do.
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 5:28 am

Osiris grinned, relieved that some of what he said apparently managed to get through to Alki. He couldn't quite put it into words, really, but maybe the spirit of the lesson managed to get through regardless. He'd feel awfully bad if Lennox went through all that trouble and the first time he had to summarize a lesson, he'd bungled it up. But that wasn't the case, thankfully.

His ear fins perked up when Alki grinned mischievously, boasting about her speed. Osiris raised an eyebrow at this, not entirely confident that the balloon pokemon would be winning any races. Wouldn't she just bounce out of control if she ran too hard? Nonetheless, he looked on intrigued as she glanced upward and closed her eyes. Then she belted out a challenge and... vanished. One instant she was there, and the next she wasn't. The only indicator that Alki had been there at all was the empty plate on the table that'd held her pastry. Osiris rose up, alarmed, his head flickering left and right as he tried to find her. Had he blinked or something? No, he was certain that his eyes had been wide open, but she just vanished!

A long moment passed where he said nothing, did nothing besides look around him warily. Eventually, he slithered down off his seat to look under Alki's chair, and then under his. "... Alki?" he asked, half-calling out to her. What on earth had she done? Where had she gone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Back to School
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next