Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Mistakes are great! :D

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

AuthorMessage
Eventine

Eventine

Poké : 0

Mistakes are great! :D - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistakes are great! :D   Mistakes are great! :D - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 3:32 am

Darcy kept her eyes locked on the door as Yooka began to speak.  Her cheeks burned a little from embarrassment, but no one was stopping her, and she was almost there...  And once she was outside, she could throw herself into her work for the day and try to forget about all of this.  She felt a pang of regret about leaving Faye's company so soon, but at least it meant she wouldn't have to humiliate herself...

Or so she thought.  Yooka took a deep breath, and her following sentence struck the Skitty's heart like a dagger.  "W-wha..." Darcy murmured as she stumbled and came to a halt, almost falling over.  Had...  Had Yooka really said that?  Telling Faye about her flowers, even though she was trying to leave?  Surely Yooka could see it was bothering her, right?  She turned in place and stared at the Kecleon with a confused, hurt look in her eyes, but where she had hoped to see sympathy, or at least an explanation, Yooka just turned back to face the Guildmaster as if the Skitty wasn't even there.

The feeling of betrayal only deepened as Yooka kept talking.  The Kecleon called her out on being too embarrassed to show the flowers to Faye, and to Darcy, it felt like a kick to the gut.  Her cheeks burned with shame and uncertainty as she shrank into herself, and though crying was the very last thing she wanted to do in front of Faye, she couldn't stop tears from building up in her eyes.  Yooka...  Yooka was her friend, wasn't she?  Was testing a rumor really so important?

Darcy wanted to comply just so that Yooka would stop being so mean, but she...  She just couldn't show these to Faye.  Yooka didn't understand.  If only she hadn't tied that paper tag around one of the stems...  The tag that said 'to Faye' in her own awful, awful penmanship, complete with a clumsily drawn picture of a Meganium and Skitty sitting together in a bed of flowers.  Dave hadn't been around to help, so Darcy had painstakingly written it all by holding a quill in her mouth...  She had been so excited at the time, but all that her work meant now was that the flowers' purpose and what had happened to them would be undeniable...  If Faye saw, she would know that Darcy was such a moron that she couldn't even keep some plants alive for a few days.  What kind of an apology for her failed missions would that be..?  And she could say goodbye to her hopes of spending more time together...  Especially helping Faye with her plants and gardens like she'd always wanted to...

She couldn't do that.  She just couldn't.  Darcy choked down a sob as she stepped towards Yooka, staring at her pleadingly while she hoped with all of her heart that her new teammate would understand.  "Y-Yooka, what do you mean?  I don't have anything like that.  I was just organizing my bag.  You must've been mistaken, r-right..?"
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

Poké : 12294

PostSubject: Re: Mistakes are great! :D   Mistakes are great! :D - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 1:02 pm

The Skitty's tone hardly was very convincing as she quickly tried to claim that she didn't know what kind of god-like abilities Yooka was talking about. Faye, for one, wasn't very convinced… But really, she wasn't really the kind of a Pokémon to force a confession out of someone if they weren't fine with telling it to her in the first place – after all, this seemed like something more personal rather than important Guild business she should know about…

And just like that, Darcy turned away to leave after fumbling a little with her bag. It all happened rather quick, leaving the Guildmaster at a slight loss of words. Just as she managed to find them to either ask if something was wrong or to bid the Skitty adieu… The Kecleon spoke up instead, in her place. Darcy didn't reply, not giving either of them a reason for leaving. That didn't stop Yooka from turning to subject to something that almost seemed like it was off-topic, until the pieces all started to fall together.

The god-like powers of Meganium, curiosity and a withered plant… Yes, she was starting to get an idea as to what was happening.
"Ah, so that is what you mean," she hummed, mostly speaking to herself, giving a voice to her thoughts. To her, it was hardly god-like – after all, she wasn't a god, yet it was something she could do. Something that was extremely normal to her.

But if that truly was what it was, Darcy's reaction confused her. She… Almost looked like she was close to crying, still denying Yooka's words. Something clearly was up. And while Faye still wasn't going to force a reply out of anyone, her expression turned concerned. She didn't want anyone to feel blue in her Guild, each and every member's well-being important to her.
"My my… What is going on here?" She tilted her head, puzzled. Her tone wasn't at all accusing, but the concern that shaped her face also colored her voice.
"I can't say I completely understand… What is the matter? Now, I'm not going to ask anyone to say anything they don't want to say, but… I am willing to listen whatever it is that troubles you two."
Back to top Go down
Eventine

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Mistakes are great! :D   Mistakes are great! :D - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 5:16 am

Darcy continued to desperately stare at Yooka, hoping that she would play along, or explain her actions, or...  Or anything.  Anything would have been better than being completely ignored like this.  Just something small to let her know that Yooka cared...

But nothing came, and breaking the silence fell to Faye.  The sting of being shunned by Yooka should have been soothed by the Guildmaster's concerned words, but their very kindness somehow proved unbearable to the little Skitty, as if they pierced straight to the core of her insecurities.  ...She felt she didn't deserve to be treated so nicely.  She sat down on her haunches and began crying in earnest due to how heavy those words felt.

Faye...  Faye didn't deserve to be lied to.  As much as Darcy admired the Guildmaster, and as much as she wanted to keep her misgivings secret, she couldn't put off apologizing for any longer.  "I...  I'm really sorry, Faye..." she shakily mumbled while she stared at the ground, tears already staining her fur.  "I...  I don't think I've ever told you this, but...  I came to the guild because my mom and dad were having trouble with money.  I wanted to help by taking care of myself.  And...  And...  I'm really, really happy that I've had that chance."

She sniffed and wiped her eyes with the back of a paw.  "But...  Y-you probably already know this, but...  I've been here for more than a month and I only finished my second mission yesterday.  I...  I've felt really bad about being so slow.  So when I was visiting my parents a while ago, I was in our garden, and I...  I thought...  But..."

At a loss for words, she blinked tears out of her eyes and shakily pulled her bag from her shoulder, then set it at her feet.  With a paw, she opened it up to reveal the pot of marigolds...  Though they were scarcely even recognizable as flowers anymore.  Just the sight made her look away and cry a little harder.  Even if Faye's breath really did work the way Yooka said, Darcy wasn't sure that these could be saved...

"I-I'm sorry I'm such a bad guildmember.  I...  I really admire you, Faye, and I want to help you and everyone who comes to the guild.  B-but if you ever want to send me home, you don't have to feel bad about it.  I'd understand.  You've already done more for me than I ever could have asked for."

She continued to stare at the ground and cringe with shame and embarrassment... But she felt somewhat calmer now that she had voiced her feelings. She didn't know what to expect from Faye, but... It felt good to not be hiding anything anymore.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Mistakes are great! :D   Mistakes are great! :D - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 6:08 pm

Faye's exhale was audible as the little Skitty broke down in tears, her fur stained by wet streaks as she apologized all the way. Something had clearly been up, that much had been clear from the beginning – but to imagine that it was this… Well, it all was a rather big surprise, a real shock. As Darcy revealed the pot of dried up flowers – perhaps at one point having been full of vibrant petals, but by now many of them had withered and fallen – all she could do was shake her head.

"Dearie," she began, opening her eyes and fixing her gaze upon the Skitty. And on her lips… A smile. A careful one, her head tilted to one side slightly, her gaze gentle.
"Going back to home is your own decision – just like joining this Guild was in the first place. However," Faye continued, now taking a step to the side as she walked around her desk with a calm and honestly rather relaxed pace,
"I have always wished to make this Guild seem as much like a home as possible to all the Pokémon who join us."

The Meganium stopped in front of Darcy, leaving some space between the two as she did not wish to let her much larger frame to feel overbearing to the smaller Pokémon. Lowering her head so it would be closer to the Skitty's eye level, she once again opened her mouth.
"Everyone is different and goes at their own pace, Darcy. Every day you learn something new, even if you don't do something grand that everyone notices."
Back to top Go down
Eventine

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Mistakes are great! :D   Mistakes are great! :D - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 5:11 am

As Faye began to speak once again, the miserable-looking Skitty glanced up, vaguely dreading the Guildmaster's reaction...  But instead of looking angry, or disappointed, the Meganium...  was wearing a gentle smile.  Darcy couldn't help but sob a little more at the sight, but she rubbed her eyes and did her best to listen.  It made her emotional, but now that she wasn't bearing any secrets, a kind voice such as this was exactly what she needed to hear.

She stared into Faye's eyes thoughtfully as the Meganium finished speaking.  She certainly hadn't ever done anything grand.  ...But it was true that there had been some small breakthroughs during her time at the guild, too.  Little successes that might have seemed insignificant to others, but that had meant the world to Darcy at the time...  Helping her Togepi friend get through Pecha Forest, and turning a Sylveon away from petty theft, among a few others...  Each time, she had surprised herself.  Could it be that they were signs of progress?  That they truly did matter, as small as they were..?

...In the end, it was easy to make up her mind.  Darcy chose to trust the Guildmaster about this.  While smiling shakily for the first time since her confession, she took a few steps forward and hugged the Meganium around her neck.  "...Thank you, Faye," she murmured.  "I-I don't want to leave.  I want to help people, like you do, and like everyone else here does.  For as long as you'll have me, I'll...  I'll keep working towards that.  I promise."

Indeed...  The guild had become like a second home to her.  She'd grown to admire and care for many of the other members, Faye included...  Even if she could only help in small ways, she liked being a guildmember, and she wasn't in any hurry to say goodbye.  Not as long as there were Pokémon here who cared about her and believed in her.

...While it was an awkward position for both of them, Darcy didn't want to let go of Faye.  She might have continued hugging the Guildmaster's neck for quite a while if Yooka hadn't popped out, making the Skitty jump and stumble backwards a little.

...She looked up at Yooka with a frown, unsure of how to feel about the Kecleon right now.  She...  She was glad that she had told Faye about all of this, and she supposed it wouldn't have happened without Yooka, but the whole ordeal had shaken the trust she'd once felt for her new teammate.  Even now, she seemed more interested in this pot than anything...  One thing was for sure, at least.  She didn't know as much about Yooka as she had first thought.

But she had apologized, in a way.  And if Faye really could revive these flowers, Darcy couldn't help but feel a little excited, too.  With a shy smile, she sat down in front of her bag and carefully lifted the tiny grey pot with her forepaws, then set it on the ground in front of Faye.

"...Right.  If...  If there's anything you can do for them, Faye...  I would be really happy if you kept these."  She stared up at the Guildmaster hopefully, her tears beginning to dry and her tail once again wagging back and forth.  "They're my favorite kind of flower.  I know it's not much, especially since they're all wilted, but, um...  I hope you like them.  Thank you for everything, Faye."
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Mistakes are great! :D   Mistakes are great! :D - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 1:43 pm

And with a smile, the Guildmaster nodded to the Skitty's decision. Everyone had their problems and issues, that was normal – and it was also normal for them to seem so much bigger than they really were, especially if one tried to tackle them alone. But it seemed like now the storm had passed and the calm had returned… And the Skitty approached to wrap her little arms around the Meganium's thick neck. Faye did not move, but she had a bit of a harder time trying to wrap her heavy, stubby limbs around anything, especially someone so small. So, instead, a vine slithered out from underneath her petals and gently wrapped itself around the little cat Pokémon.

Suddenly, the Kecleon popped out from behind the Meganium – or more exact, behind her petals, giving Darcy some words of encouragement herself. That had been the end of the hug, the Skitty having flinched backwards and slipped free of the vine that soon returned to where it had came from. Oh, these two certainly were a pair. She chuckled softly, raising her head.

A small pot of withered plants was pulled out of the Skitty's bag and placed in front of Faye. Indeed, the flowers seemed like they had dried quite badly, more brown than anything else. It looked like a single touch could snap the stems. They… weren't in the best shape, but something else managed to catch the Meganium's attention. A small tag, something she had to lower her head closer towards to be able to properly read and see…

And with a smile, her eyes flicked towards Darcy.

"Of course, sweetie. Thank you for your gift – I haven't received much in a while, so this is a very nice surprise. Thoughtful," she laughed, straightening her neck once more as she grabbed the pot gently with a vine. Placing it on her desk next to the book, she gave it a good look.
"Now, let's see…"

Bringing her head closer to the wilted flowers, her lips parted slightly. It was quiet as the softest of breaths was breathed upon them from deep within, the air's warmth bathing the plant. It was very subtle at first, as if nothing happened except the slight vibrations as the breath forced the petals and leaves to shake. But the colors started to seem a bit… Warmer, if one kept watching. The brown turned into yellow, and the yellow started the turn into a lush green, the dry and stiff stems once again looking like they were full of vigor and ready to sway in the wind. The petals started to regain their original vibrant colors, though they didn't grow new petals in an instant to become as poofy as they had been. That, of course, would take some time.
Back to top Go down
Eventine

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Mistakes are great! :D   Mistakes are great! :D - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 1:32 am

Darcy smiled in return as Faye accepted the flowers, and watched with bated breath as the Guildmaster set them on her desk and leaned in close.  It looked like she was going to try something after all.  Darcy had to crane her neck to get a good view...  But as Faye gently exhaled, and the flowers ever so slowly began to regain their beauty and health, Darcy's eyes widened and her smile spread across her whole face.  The rumor really was true...  She stared at the Guildmaster with wonder, happy beyond words that she could share these with Faye after all.  It was like she was dreaming...

She was snapped out of her reverie by Yooka's excited rambling, and she honestly couldn't help but laugh a little at the sight...  Though she was somewhat confused that the Kecleon didn't want to explain the flowers' meaning.  Darcy wasn't aware of whether or not marigolds carried any symbolism, come to think of it...  She simply liked their bright, fluffy appearance, and she had good memories of resting amidst them during sunny days back at home...  That was what they symbolized to her.  Home.

But whatever hidden meaning they might have carried, Faye seemed to be happy, and that was more than enough for Darcy.  She stood to her feet and bowed to the Guildmaster once again, feeling more grateful than ever.  "Okay.  I'm going to go make sure Yooka has somewhere to sleep.  For real this time," she said, then glanced up again to meet the Guildmaster's eyes, unable to stifle a small laugh as she continued.  "Byyyyeee, Faye!  Thank you again for everything.  It really, really means a lot.  And Yooka, come meet me at the bulletin boards when you're ready, okay?  I'll be waiting!"

With that, she turned around and cantered towards the door, feeling lighter and more full of life than she had in a long time...  Not unlike the pot of flowers resting on Faye's desk.  For once, the way forward seemed clear and bright.  As long as Faye believed in her, the Skitty was ready to throw herself into her guildwork without any more worry or self-doubt...  It felt like a new chapter of her life was about to begin, and she couldn't have been happier.

ooc:
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Mistakes are great! :D   Mistakes are great! :D - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 10:43 am

Faye pulled her head back, the flowers now lively – almost like the day they had been potted. The other two Pokémon watching her seemed to be in awe, and the Meganium could only smile and laugh softly as the Kecleon started to ramble.
"Well, I suppose one could make tea out of marigolds… But perhaps these ones would rather prefer to grow without anyone plucking at their petals," she hummed, amused as her gaze lingered on the pot of flowers. Yes, they would need some time to regrow what they had lost, but soon they would be even more vibrant they ever had been.

When the Skitty took her leave, the Guildmaster looked in her direction and nodded.
"Yes, of course sweetie – there is no need to thank me. It won't take long now, so you aren't going to have to wait," she replied, turning around herself as she started to walk towards a closed closet in the corner of her room. Opening it with one of her vines, her large frame more or less blocked the view inside.
"The Guild supplies our new recruits with some equipment that should help you get started, Yooka," Faye spoke as she used a few of her vines to grab a bag from one of the shelves, filling it with a brand new map and a badge to mark the Kecleon as a member. And of course, there was something else she always added, too…

The Meganium's golden eyes settled on the large basket full of ribbons of all colors, browsing it for a moment before she found just the perfect color. A nice shade of purple that just felt like Yooka, really. She put it in the bag with the rest of the items, closing it before she turned around and handed the bag over to the Kecleon.
"Here you go, sweetie. The bag is yours to keep as you go out in the dungeons, and there is a badge and a map that will surely come in handy. Oh, and a little something extra, a gift from me."
Back to top Go down
Eventine

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Mistakes are great! :D   Mistakes are great! :D - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 8:09 pm

ooc:

Darcy trotted through the hallway of the guild's bottom floor, her tail wagging as she thought about how to rearrange her team's room...  It would be tight with three Pokémon, for sure, but if she moved one of the stacks of books from the floor up onto the windowsill, there should be just enough room for a third bed...  And it would probably look nicer that way, come to think of it...

Then she jumped with surprise for what felt like the hundredth time today as she heard Yooka calling out to her.  She twirled around to see what the matter was, looking up at the Kecleon curiously as she approached.

"Oh, alone..?" she said, settling onto her haunches as Yooka finished...  The Skitty enjoyed having company at night, personally.  She couldn't deny that being around Yooka was a little exhausting...  What had happened in the Guildmaster's office was proof enough of that.  But all the same, she wouldn't have minded sharing a room...

"Um...  We could ask Faye if we could move to someplace bigger, if you'd like.  A lot of teams do that when they get more members," she said while tilting her head.  She hoped that her little breakdown hadn't made Yooka feel the need to isolate herself...  But then again, maybe she just enjoyed being alone.  It wouldn't be the first time Yooka had surprised her.

With a thoughtful expression, the Skitty stood up and pointed to a door right next to the one that lead to her team's sleeping quarters.  "...Buuut if you really don't want to, there's an empty room just to the right of ours.  It's about the same size, so I think Faye would be okay with you staying there alone.  Want me to tidy it up for you?" she asked, flashing Yooka a smile.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Mistakes are great! :D   Mistakes are great! :D - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 7:18 am

Tilting her head, Faye watched as the Kecleon rushed off to catch Darcy. Yes… The two of them were most likely going to have a lot to talk about. What happened just a moment ago wasn't something that happened very often, but it seemed like there was a happy ending, luckily. Still, the two Pokémon had to learn to know each other if they were to work perfectly as a team. This had been a rather abrupt ending to their little meeting… But perhaps that was just how some Pokémon were. With a soft chuckle, the Meganium closed the book on her table and returned it to the shelf.

((Feel free to talk things out without me in the middle, I'll be back if you ever come back to Faye's room. You don't have to if you don't want to, assume things will go as you want them to!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mistakes are great! :D   Mistakes are great! :D - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mistakes are great! :D
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next