Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

On leveling

Go down 
+3
Evana
Sceptile
vonSteakhand
7 posters
AuthorMessage
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

Poké : 1441

On leveling Empty
PostSubject: On leveling   On leveling EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 3:05 pm

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how the system of leveling up works. According to the rules, characters gain one level for every 5 pages of rp, and there are 15 posts per page. My understanding of this is that you would need to make 15 posts 5 times, for a total of 75 posts, in order to level up a character, but I feel like I'm interpreting this incorrectly. What I'm asking is: would someone care to elaborate to me a bit on how leveling works?
Back to top Go down
Sceptile

Sceptile

Poké : 3810

On leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: On leveling   On leveling EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 4:58 pm

You almost have the right idea about leveling. It's true that 5 pages (or 3 if your character is wearing a Joy Ribbon) equate to one level, and it's true that there are 15 posts in a page, but that doesn't mean that you need 75 posts for a single level. You'll most likely be RPing with other people in a thread, and everyone's posts contribute to the page count. So for example, if there are three different people participating in a thread, each person will only need to post 5 times per page.
Back to top Go down
Evana

Evana

Poké : 7570

On leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: On leveling   On leveling EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 5:01 pm

You don't have to count the number of posts per page, but you have to just count the pages. Let's say you rp with one other person. Someone will have 7 posts, the other 8 posts. That will count as a full page for both of you. After 5 pages, both characters will have raised a level. The rule is that you need a full page to level, even if there are 14 posts in a page, it would not count as a full level.

You are allowed to have threads with up to 5 characters, but it is best to keep everything organized. If it is a complete chaos and people post without following an order, it is really difficult to keep track of pages. I hope this makes it a bit more clear.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

On leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: On leveling   On leveling EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 8:20 pm

Evana wrote:
You are allowed to have threads with up to 5 characters, but it is best to keep everything organized. If it is a complete chaos and people post without following an order, it is really difficult to keep track of pages.

...You meant "users," right? Because more than five characters are allowed in a thread as long as everyone participating has given their consent. I'm currently in a thread including 11 characters.
Back to top Go down
Evana

Evana

Poké : 7570

On leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: On leveling   On leveling EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 11:50 am

Oh derp. Yes, I meant users.
Back to top Go down
Nevermore

Nevermore

Poké : 380

On leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: On leveling   On leveling EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 12:24 am

If I may ask, how do you regulars keep track of it anyways?
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Coaster
Backend / Coding Support
Coaster

Poké : 9308

On leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: On leveling   On leveling EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 1:42 am

Yooka wrote:
Quite easily actually... It's done through their character records. They post the threads the characters were in and the amount of pages in them there. so it's quite easy to see how many more pages are needed till next level-up.

If your talking about the amount of threads a character is in. considering there can only be 5 per character. It's up to them... I dunno how they do it, but I just put a ?/5 next to current threads portion to keep track...

if you were talking about something else... i dunno then. #SomeWhatLazy

As part of the record requirements, you must list all threads in your records, including active ones. The active ones can be counted to know how many slots are taken.

(Yaay, I contributed :3)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: On leveling   On leveling Empty

Back to top Go down

On leveling
Page 1 of 1