Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Mer the Magnemite

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bronze

Bronze

Poké : 0

Mer the Magnemite Empty
PostSubject: Mer the Magnemite   Mer the Magnemite EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 8:40 pm

» Name: Merinite (goes by Mer)
» Sex: Androgynous
» Gender: Agender
» Species: #84, Magnemite the Magnet Pokemon
» Affiliation: Wanderer

» Level: 5
» Energy: BE is 14, so 19 at this point in time.
» Ability: Sturdy
» Moves:
-Tackle(level 1)
-Supersonic(level 5)
-(no move)
-(no move)

» Natural Feats:
- Electromagnetic Floating- Magnemite can float, In most Pokedex entries, it is stated that Magnemite generates and utilizes some form of anti-gravity to do this, but in its Diamond/Pearl and BW@ entries, it is stated that Magnemite's magnets generate an electromagnetic field to keep it off the ground. This is also a way to explain how Magnemite hovers without having the Levitate ability.
-

» Personality: Having grown up alone except for their parent, Mer is rather awkward socially. This causes them to be a bit of a loner, in addition to their being a rather... loud Pokemon when vocalizing, as they have the verbal tic of making loud buzzing when they speak. As they lived alone and not near many other Pokemon, Mer learned to make jokes and especially puns to amuse themselves, and as such will randomly burst into giggles when making a particularly good one. Equipped with an inborn sense of curiosity, Mer is nearly always up to exploring a dungeon or having an adventure when they aren't too tired. Due to many tangos with feral Pokemon in the past while traveling with Per, however, Mer has lost their appetite for battle, especially after experiencing firsthand some of the injuries that can be gained from fighting. Mer wants to help people, but is very much a coward. Despite their moral compass and

» Likes:
- Jokes and puns- Mer loves to amuse themselves, and what better way than with puns? Especially bad ones.
- Razz Berries- Mer enjoys the spicy taste and very rarely got to eat them when living with Per.
-
» Dislikes:
- Fighting- Mer doesn't like fighting due to experiencing some of the less pleasant results while out and about with Per. They area also afraid of losing a fight and being knocked out while alone.
-
» History: Mer was born and raised in the Black Spear Mountain range by their parent, Per. While accepting that they would not be alive otherwise, Mer always resented their Ditto parent for not sticking around after they were born. Mer lived with Per for most of their life in the mountains, only really traveling anywhere when going through the dungeons on the way to Rainfront Town for the occasional supplies that the two of them couldn't gather. Ever forbidden to enter the caves and dungeons in the mountain range, Mer wanted to explore on their own ever since they could fight. However, random attacks from feral Pokemon in the mountains made Mer unwilling to fight others without just cause. When Mer finally learned Supersonic, Per made good on a family tradition- once you learn all your parent has to teach, you have to make it in the world on your own. Per brought Mer to Grassveil Town and left, leaving behind a lone Magnemite looking for a friend and a direction in life.

» Other: This is just a revised draft so far and if I leave my computer on overnight it closes all windows. I'll resume working on it soon.

Last edited by Bronze on Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Poké : 6040

Mer the Magnemite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mer the Magnemite   Mer the Magnemite EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 11:50 pm

Sorry, your Character Bio cannot be approved due to the following reasons:

1.) SPECIES

You must state the species pokedex number and title. i.e. #129: Magikarp, the Fish Pokemon.

2.) MOVES

You must state the level your moves were learned at. If they know the move at birth, simply state (level 1).

3. NATURAL FEATS

It is not stated in any pokedex entry that magnemite has the ability to pick up objects with its electromagnetic fields. In fact, pokedex entries state that the electromagnetic energies used simply cause gravity to stop working on the pokemon. There is no mention of this ability being able to extend to anything outside of the pokemon itself.

Furthermore, while it is stated that magnemite eat electricity, eating electric attacks sounds like simply absorbing electrical attacks, which magnemite is not able to do, through pokedex entries or Abilities. I could see magnemite latching onto another electric type pokemon and sucking the electricity from their bodies -with permission from the rper-, but absorbing attacks is a no-no.

4.) PERSONALITY

Your personality needs a lot of work. I don't know anything about your character except that they like puns and dislike fighting. This is unnacceptable. Please expand upon your character.

5.) LIKES AND DISLIKES

First, please separate each like and dislike onto a separate line, like a bulleted list, so that it is easier for people to read. Secondly, you must explain each and every like and dislike -as in, WHY does your character like/dislike that thing?

6.) HISTORY

Your character's history is just as bad, if not worse, than their personality. I literally know nothing about this character. How did they grow up? Did they have any siblings? Did they have any adventures as a child? Do they have any life goals? If so, what events in their life have caused them to HAVE these life goals? There is so much more you could put here.

7.) NOTES

I'd just like to note that if this really took you three and a half hours to make, I really have to question what you were doing in those three hours. This bio is so bare and poorly-thought-out that I could make an equally-sucky bio in ten minutes for a Character Moderator test.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message any of the Secretaries. May it be through the Chatbox or through Private Messaging, we will tend to your concerns as soon as we can. Please fix your bio accordingly so that we may be able to approve it. Once you have completed your edits, either bump this thread or message us.

Back to top Go down

Mer the Magnemite
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Character Creation :: Character Applications :: Archived Applications-
Jump to: