Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger
Record Checker
Badger

Poké : 205

You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You   You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2016 4:28 am

First topic message reminder :

The two buizel, Xeno and Bui, had come from Pecha Forest and were now arriving in the Small Pond area. Bui had been here many, many times before—if he were to pick a favourite place, this would be a candidate.

"I don't know if you've ever been around here before, but it's a nice, calm place. Pokemon tend to come here to swim or have picnics and whatnot." Bui examined the area, looking for a nice place for the two to set up camp.

If Xeno doesn't want to go near towns, then this place will make a fine alternative. I just hope the night doesn't get too cold—I'm not very confident in my fire-making skills; I'm a water-type, after all.

Bui spotted a decent-sized tree close to the shore of the lake. "That looks like a nice spot," Bui said as he pointed the location out to his companion. He began to make his way over, expecting Xeno to follow.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Digizel

Digizel

Poké : 860

PostSubject: Re: You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You   You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2016 9:21 am

Jet kept his gaze downward as he slowly padded his way through the streets of Grassveil and toward the Small Pond. He wanted to make sure that he avoided the gazes of the Pokémon around him; he didn't want to attract any unnecessary attention on his way out of town. He had woken up early again today, just like he usually did, in order to find the time during the day to get in some training and morning exercises. He was usually busy at the Guild and the Library studying all day, if not looking for new teammates or attempting another mission. The early morning was really the only time he could manage something to actually spend training and trying to get stronger. It was very difficult to manage a team by himself, after all.

The Buizel finally turned his gaze upward to see the familiar sight of a rather empty Small Pond, just as he had hoped it would be. Sometimes, there were a few early birds like himself hoping to see a peaceful day, but not today, thankfully. He let out a sigh of relief and made his way toward the pond, ready to start stretching himself before he got started...however, he paused when a flash of orange and a crash met his senses. His eyes widened fearfully for a moment as he quickly identified the source. There were two Buizel nearby, having apparently slept there the previous night.

Were these two Buizel travelers? He didn't recognize them, so they were thankfully not among the Buizel he remembered bullying him around back in the marshlands. Still, the sight was unnerving. He hadn't had particularly pleasant experiences with other Pokémon of his own species. Of course, he also knew that Pokémon of the same species couldn't be judged like that, but...he couldn't help it. Maybe it would help if he...talked to them? Maybe got a feel for their personalities? At least then, he could feel better about being in their presence.

"...U-um..." he murmured lowly as he stepped up to them, nervous tone dripping from his voice. "H-hi there? Wh-what brings you t-two out here...?"

It was at that point that he noticed that one of them seemed rather...disoriented. From the scene, it would appear that he had fallen from the tree above. Oh boy...he just hoped that he didn't accidentally end up starting something....
Back to top Go down
http://pkmndn2.proboards.com/
Xenoblader

Xenoblader

Poké : 2120

PostSubject: Re: You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You   You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2016 9:38 am

Xeno's ears perked up at the sound of the newcomer. Still on the ground, he scrambled up, though, now his head started to hurt slightly, apparently clouding his judgement slightly. Looking up and seeing am unfamiliar Buizel, Xeno jumped back immediately and dove into the nearest bush out of fear.

Not again

He peeked out and gazed at the sight of Bui and the other new Pokemon that came by. Once again, he felt his old instincts come back to him, a small voice in his head was telling him to run, but he willed himself to stay still. However, Xeno did seem to worry a lot more.

The least we can do is hide

Xeno wriggled himself further into the bush, where it was near impossible to spot him, even with his bright orange fur.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
Badger

PostSubject: Re: You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You   You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2016 5:57 pm

Bui sighed as he watched the events unfold in front of him. While he might be easily scared, at least he's got speed on his side. . .

Bui stood up and made his way to the bush Xeno had buried himself in. "Xeno come on out of there—if he was going to attack us he would have done it before we woke up; and definitely not after he said 'hi.'"

Bui extended his arm downwards towards the bush, offering a paw to assist Xeno. At the same time, he turned to face the new buizel. "Don't mind him—he's just shy," Bui offered his free paw to the newcomer to shake. "I'm Bui—terrible name, I know, blame my dad. And you are?"

I'm starting to notice a pattern in other buizel; seems they're all nervous and stuttery. Am I broken or something?
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You   You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2016 6:07 pm

Jet's eyes widened slightly when he saw another blur of orange, and the other Buizel was suddenly gone. He hadn't been able to track the second Buizel's movements very well since he had been focused on the first one, and now he wasn't completely sure where he was. He was rather surprised at this; he had always looked small and weak to every other Buizel he had ever known; to have another Buizel practically jump out of his skin and run away in fear was new for him. He couldn't help but smile slightly, thinking that perhaps he felt exactly how he used to feel back when he lived in the marshlands. It did make him feel a little bit better and more comfortable...more in control.

"Sh-shy, h-huh...?" he mumbled, awkwardly rubbing his right arm with his left paw. "Um...s-sorry if I scared you. B-Bui...? H-heh...o-oh, I don't think it's that bad." he blushed slightly as he tried to force a reassuring smile. "Um...S-sometimes, simple names are better if you ask me. M-my name is Jet. It's, um...n-nice to meet you...I-I suppose, a-as long as it's nice for you, I mean..." A slight blush of embarrassment appeared on his face and he looked away again. However, he did reach out his arm and placed his paw in the grip of the other Buizel, allowing for a quick shake.

"S-so.." he murmured lowly. "Wh-what are, um...are you two doing here so early in the morning, I-if you don't mind my asking...?" He paused for a moment before shaking his head. "If y-you'd rather not say, th-that's fine too, of course. S-sorry, m-maybe I should just mind my own business...."

Boy, was this was a rough start.
Back to top Go down
Xenoblader

Xenoblader

PostSubject: Re: You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You   You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2016 6:21 pm

A muffled voice came from the bush, "I-It's fine! I-I'm not scared or a-anything!" Shutting his eyes, Xeno slowly wriggled his way out of the bush until just his head poked out from the bottom. Gazing at the newcomer and completely disregarding the fact that Bui was trying to help him, he suddenly realized that the newcomer, was in fact, another Buizel.

That doesn't change the fact that other Pokemon are scary!

Trying to shrink back as far as he could while still keeping his head up, Xeno had to admit that the new Pokemon looked a lot like himself for some reason.

Can't imagine why though...

Still extremely skeptical, because more and more Pokemon kept on appearing in front of him. Xeno decided it would be better to just observe. "I-It's f-fine..." He muttered.

Last edited by Xenoblader on Sat May 14, 2016 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
Badger

PostSubject: Re: You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You   You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2016 6:59 pm

"Bui let both paws drop to his sides now. "We are out here to do some training, is all; but that might be a bit difficult if somebody doesn't get out of a certain bit of foliage." Bui gave Xeno an almost pleading look. And then an idea came to him, and the look changed into a mischievous smirk. Bui then turned to the newcomer, Jet.

"You could join us, if you'd like—the more the merrier, I think." Bui knew Xeno would not be in favour of inviting more Pokemon to the training session, but he figured it would help Xeno get over his social ineptness. And based on this Jet character, I'm pretty sure this should be fairly easy for Xeno—this guy seems just as frightened as Xeno as Xeno seems to be of him.

"So, what do ya' say, Jet? Three buizel are better than two."
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You   You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2016 7:14 pm

'N-not scared...?' Jet thought in his head as he watched the bush that the other Buizel had apparently taken to hiding in. 'W-well, usually it's the other way around...' Eventually, though, the other Buizel finally decided to come out. Well, partially anyway. The other Buizel's head poked out of the shrubbery and he could just make out the yellow floatation sac around his neck. He couldn't believe how timid this other Buizel as. For some reason, though, he couldn't help but think that this one in particular closely resembled him. He couldn't quite put his paw on it. However, he quickly shook the thought off. It was probably just his imagination, after all.

When Bui said that they were out here doing some training themselves, he couldn't help but allow a small smile to appear on his face. That was quite a coincidence. However, the smile faltered when Bui turned to face him again, a strange look of mischief on his face. Once again, he found himself uncertain on whether or not he wanted to stick around. But, if this other, scared Buizel was content with him, then perhaps he couldn't be very bad....

"Um...w-well, o-okay," Jet murmured awkwardly. "Um...a-as luck would have it, th-that's...actually why I was here too. S-see, I work at the Guild, trying to better myself through training, studying and missions. I-I suppose if you don't think I'll get in your way, th-then I-I suppose it could be very beneficial to have other Buizel to train with for once..."
Back to top Go down
Xenoblader

Xenoblader

PostSubject: Re: You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You   You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2016 7:38 pm

Xeno seemed to have scooted back too much however, he bumped into a sharp branch, effectively causing him to jet out of the bush face first and hit the ground right in front.

This day is getting weirder and weirder.

Lifting himself off of the ground, he took a good look at Jet. I think I'm about his height? Yeah I know that's a stupid thing to point out shut up about it. Giving an awkward look around, Xeno decided it would be best to just stare at the ground and hope they would chose a different topic.

"I-I mean, if Bui d-doesn't mind..." Xeno said, trailing off once again.

Even with Bui, I still don't feel natural around others. It's getting really weird honestly. Maybe my brain got messed up last time Mom....

Xeno visibly shuddered at the thought. Now's not the time to think of that.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
Badger

PostSubject: Re: You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You   You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2016 7:53 pm

Bui was getting excited. Three buizel training by a pond. Two of them are afraid of each other. Only good things could come from this.

Bui stifled a laugh as Xeno jumped out of the bush. "There we go! Now we can really get down to business. I've got the perfect idea to start this training—and I'm sure you'll both do fine. Now, I don't know why this is, but Sonic Boom moves faster under water, so what better way to train evasion then play some under water Sonic Boom tag?"

The fact of the matter was, sound moves faster in a liquid such as water as opposed to a gas such as the air; but Bui was something far from a science major.

Bui then noticed Xeno shudder. "Ay, Xeno, you alright there?"
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You   You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2016 8:33 pm

Jet tilted his head slightly in confusion as the second Buizel suddenly came practically leaping out of the bush, landing squarely on his front, not far from his feet. He looked down at Xeno, watching as the other Buizel pushed himself back to his feet again. He was glad to see that he was okay, but it was also rather interesting that the two were practically identical in height. Although the Buizel species were usually around the same size, there were often outliers and some Buizel were slightly larger and some were slightly smaller than others. But the two of them were almost identical in size, only adding more credence to Jet's earlier observation that the two looked similar.

He opened his mouth to ask if the second Buizel was okay, but before he could say anything, Bui cut in, and he closed his mouth immediately. He didn't want to interrupt him, of course. However, he couldn't help but smile and chuckle slightly when Bui mentioned that Sonic Boom was a move that traveled faster through water instead of in the air.

"Heheh...w-well, it's actually rather simple," Jet replied. "I-it's a bit strange, since you don't think about it very much, but sound actually travels through water better than it does through the air. S-so, that's why it's better when used underwater."

However, not long after his explanation was out of his mouth, he blushed and looked down and away again. He didn't want to seem like a know-it-all or anything. He just knew about that since he had spent a lot of his time studying anything that could potentially make his battling any better. "U-um...w-well, th-there's also a slight issue with your plan, if...if you don't mind my saying so. M-most of the battling I-I do is a-actually on land. T-training evasion underwater d-doesn't really help in most of my battles. U-underwater fighting is, um...v-very different from traveling...."

In his awkward explanation, he kept his gaze away from the other two, almost as though he was ashamed of how much he knew. But, he was at least finally able to catch the name of the second Buizel without needing to ask him directly.
Back to top Go down
Xenoblader

Xenoblader

PostSubject: Re: You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You   You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 3:02 am

Shuddering again slightly at the reprise of the thought, Xeno tried to lie a bit, "N-No, I'm f-fine..."

Still staring at the ground, Xeno had to admit that Jet made a pretty compelling argument. "I-I mean, y-you're b-both right... T-Think of the mobility. I-I don't really mind where we t-train." Fidgeting around nervously, Xeno had to wonder what he was getting into. Why are there more pokemon around me now? Is something going on here? Is this another plan to get me back to our old home? Still maintaining a blank look, Xeno was still unsure of what he should do in this situation. He still wanted to run away and hide, but something else was telling him to stay put, and everything would work out in the end.

"I don't really have an opinion anyways," Xeno muttered.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
Badger

PostSubject: Re: You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You   You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 3:22 am

"A key part of evasion is knowing just when to make your move," Bui said matter of factly. "Being under water improved the basic Sonic Boom tag in two areas: the first is the speed at which the attacks come at you, meaning you'll have to know exactly how and when you need to dodge. The second is that it adds a third dimension to the game. We're buizel—we can't fly, but our potential enemies might be able to. So being underwater lets us simulate enemies in flight, since we can swim above and below each other. As an added bonus, we get to be in the water—and if either of you tell me you don't like being in the water, I'll target you first," Bui winked as he spoke the final bit.

"I don't know how long you plan to hang around, Jet, but me and Xeno here kinda have a deal—I help train him, and in return, he teaches me how to read, so we'll move on to another method off training after this. Maybe counter attacking?"
Back to top Go down
Gengarzilla

Gengarzilla

Poké : 4020

PostSubject: Re: You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You   You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 4:25 am

Meanwhile, within the shade provided underneath one of the nearby trees, a white egg with some red and blue shapes dotted around it was laying against the tree's trunk. The egg, oddly enough, seemed to have a more yellow colouration at the top, making it a rather rare and unusual specimen at that.

Despite its standout appearance however, it had so far escaped notice amongst the training exercises performed by the Buizel and was laying where it was, completely and utterly undisturbed whilst not moving a single bit. Although it looked like this egg would take a long time to hatch, someone sitting nearby could possibly hear some snoozing noises...
Back to top Go down
Xenoblader

Xenoblader

PostSubject: Re: You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You   You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 5:55 am

Giving a small shake to get rid of the bad thoughts, Xeno had to admit, Bui's plan didn't sound too bad. "A-All right. I-I'll give it a t-try."

Hey you have to back me up on this one. You know how much I suck at combat

Still shying a bit away from the newcomer, Xeno tried to back away a bit, bumping into the bush. He didn't really like a situation where too many Pokemon were involved, and just Bui would've been enough. Nervously glancing around, he realized there was something round behind one of the trees. Trying to not draw attention to it, he glanced quickly around and inferred that it was an oddly colored egg.

Haven't read about that one before.

"S-So, h-how are we going to d-do this?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You   You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:39 am

Isaac blinked. He stared down the path that he had studiously followed for the past hour and a half, and up to the outskirts of Grassveil Town. Then back down to his footclaws.

"I suppose this is as good of a start as any," the Chespin muttered on the edge of his (exhausted) breath. He could find a place to stay in Grassveil, then somehow gather enough Poké to set an appointment with a mental specialist. They would work things out from there, hopefully. Isaac looked over to the nearby pond, where two - no, three Buizel (He sure was seeing an awful lot recently) and a strange egg were doing... whatever it was they were doing that didn't involve Isaac.

And that certainly didn't include tripping over a rock, tumbling down a short hill with his satchel flailing like a sling, being propelled through the air for a half-second, and hitting his forehead on a rock - hard - off to the side of the pond. That was all Isaac's doing.

Isaac was currently knocked out cold, bleeding profusely from a gash in his forehead. What a great start to the day, Isaac didn't think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You   You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

You Teach Me, and I'll Teach You
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next