Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

New Staff Position?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRussBuss

TheRussBuss

Poké : 1950

New Staff Position? Empty
PostSubject: New Staff Position?   New Staff Position? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:46 am

I know that there are plenty of locations out there in this wonderful world of pokemon, but I've noticed a few things. For starters, the kinds of pokemon you can encounter are pretty low. Not saying that they aren't diverse, but we only have a fraction of the 700+ on here. Second, this is a pokemon WORLD. 31 different threads sure is a lot, but why stop there? Sure we may only have a few dozen dedicated people on this site, making threads a bit more spread out, but it would still be great to have more areas to explore.

Where am I going with all of this? Well, I believe there could be a "World-building team" of sorts. Their job would be to create new areas and dungeons for our characters to explore. They wouldn't be forced to crank out a new town or dungeon every month or so, but whenever an idea (and the motivation) strikes them. In addition to this, World Builders would also be in charge of setting up the dice, pokemon encounters, and item encounters for each dungeon. I feel like this would take a load off of the admins, so they can get back to doing other admin-y things.

So what do you think? Any questions, concerns, or need for clarification? I have a few other ideas that would branch off of this, but I won't go into detail unless/until this has the possibility of becoming a thing.

Also, member usernames would become a light brown, since all the other colors are taken. XD /shot
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Position?   New Staff Position? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 6:22 am

It's actually not that difficult to work on making dungeons. Even if we allowed other people to create dungeons, the work load is still on the admins since it requires admin abilities to create more categories and dice and there is no way to pass it down to other members without outright giving them admin abilities. There is also a desire to keep new item locations a secret and limited to as few as possible and prevent others from knowing about it to keep a sense of surprise. There's already many more dungeons ready to be created, but we've decided not to crank them out as they come as people need time to explore the newer dungeon like Venen Gulch and Fallen Leaf. We've also decided that most dungeons are going to have events tied to them perhaps, so once one event ends, another may start up soon that cranks another mystery into the forum.

If you have a dungeon idea, you could easily shoot it over to an admin over PM or make a forum in suggestions about it, and it'll be looked at. ^^

Also things do become kind of a pain when new dungeons are made when things like the easter event happen due to having to go to each and every dice and placing in the new sides to let people be able to roll eggs. xD
Back to top Go down
TheRussBuss

TheRussBuss

Poké : 1950

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Position?   New Staff Position? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 1:09 pm

Well having event dungeons was one of my ideas, so you got that covered. XD

My other idea was having something like Project-P in Explorers of Sky. When a new dungeon comes out, members of Project-P could have the first go at the unnamed dungeon. They would be given some items, like the Recycle system (mostly energy restoring items) to help them explore. The pokemon and item dice would be set, but the lists of both wouldn't be set up. Once all the items and pokemon have been identified, the mission could be considered a success and the thread may end.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Position?   New Staff Position? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 6:31 pm

There's no real need for that and it's a bit cheaty. If a group of people can go into a dungeon before anyone else, that's unfair in the sense that pretty much everyone would want to be in the new dungeon. Also, the cheating part comes in when people who are more interested in simply getting certain items simply look over there thread and see if any have been rolled. If it hasn't, they'll probs never rp in that dungeon, and if it has, they'll spam the dungeon for it.

You can suggest any dungeons to the admin team at any time you wish. Just simply think of a cool name, make a description similar to those given, and maybe suggest the energy requirement. Also, it should be noted that each dungeon has about 50 dice in it, with at least 9 different species of Pokemon and at least 10 different items. If we say each dungeon has 9 species of Pokemon, that's still 279 different species of Pokemon you can encounter. While that is indeed much lower than the 668 non legendary Pokemon, it is incredibly diverse with the dice system we have in place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Position?   New Staff Position? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Staff Position?
Page 1 of 1