Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Thread Spam Limit Rule Suggestion (TSLRS)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

Thread Spam Limit Rule Suggestion (TSLRS) Empty
PostSubject: Thread Spam Limit Rule Suggestion (TSLRS)   Thread Spam Limit Rule Suggestion (TSLRS) EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 8:36 pm

Due to the way the Energy System works, I have noticed a problem.
An user would be able to start a thread in a dungeon, RP until they have depleted their energy, leave the dungeon and end the thread and immediately start another thread in the same area to regain (almost) full energy.
To prevent this sort of thing from happening I do believe we need the TSLRS.
This rule suggestion would work in one of three ways, which I will be explaining below:

Way 1: A limit could be placed on the threads one user would be allowed to create per time unit. (Possibly increasing for having multiple characters.)
Doing so would quickly make users of Thread Spam reach their limit, preventing them from further abusing the Thread Spam. The problem with this option is that users who simply RP a lot could be hindered by this rule but there likely will be some way to improve this suggestion to make it work.

Way 2: A limit could be placed on how long a thread would have to be open before it would be allowed to be closed. Meaning that for example an user would have to wait three days until they would be allowed to consider their thread closed, no matter whether they had made one or fifty posts in it on the first day. Doing so would have thread spammers fill up their slots rapidly, greatly slowing down this practice. Once again this suggestion could negatively influence those who simply RP a lot, but maybe a way to fix this can be found.

Way 3: There could be a minimum energy added for leaving a dungeon. Characters without at least this much energy can not leave the dungeon until they have accumulated at least this amount of energy. In-universe it could be justified by the energy lost searching for the exit and for the trip back to whereever the characters live. With such a cost one wouldn't be able to just mindlessly deplete their energy and leave the dungeon, instead forcing one to pay attention to one's energy levels and to add periods of rest or use items to regain the energy needed to leave should one lose too much energy. This suggestion would work against Thread Spamming as well, either requiring the constant usage of healing items or extremely short and thus easily identifiable Spam Threads.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

Thread Spam Limit Rule Suggestion (TSLRS) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thread Spam Limit Rule Suggestion (TSLRS)   Thread Spam Limit Rule Suggestion (TSLRS) EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:16 pm

Thread Spam? I've never seen this happen. Every thread I've been in, it ended not because people ran out of energy, but because the thread was finished, there was no reason to continue, and most of the time all participants in the thread had plenty of energy to roll. I'd like to see examples of people spamming rolls till they end up with 0 energy then wanting to close the thread, only to start one in the same place. If anything, the people who do this repeatedly should only be punished. Instead of trying to make things to fight against "thread spam" we can simply just have a rule against it, and anybody found doing it will get some form of punishment for doing so.
Back to top Go down

Thread Spam Limit Rule Suggestion (TSLRS)
Page 1 of 1