Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

A Chilling Walk

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

Poké : 2125

A Chilling Walk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 9:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

It was another day in Brian's life and he was about to travel into a new location. However, out of all the places he had traveled to in his journeys, this one was definitely the most foreign. Brian was used to seeing a normal woods, with the large trees, warm weather, uncountable bushes, and the sunlight piercing through the leaves. They were generally bland areas, but still nice nonetheless. The Icicle Woods were nowhere near this vision of a normal woods whatsoever.

The woods were freezing compared to any other area he's been to, though being a fire type and having a Defense Scarf around his neck made this less of an issue. All of the ground and even plant life was covered in snow, something that Brian had almost never been exposed to before. He had never been in a location where snowing was a normality, but as with most things it peaked his curiosity. Touching a little bit of it with his hand, Brian felt that it wasn't as soft as it looked. The snow simply blew off in the cold winds, leaving his hand feeling wet. Disappoint, but not discouraging. As Brian walked on into the woods, he wondered what he would find in this new, interesting location.

Energy: 23 - 20 = 3

Last edited by pokepikoo on Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 10:17 pm

The Gengar found himself quite surprised at the Chimchar's sudden recovery by means of Reviver Seed.
"Uh, didn't you say you wouldn't have made it out without my help? Why didn't you use that Reviver Seed sooner?"
The Gengar was all for conserving items, but not using a Reviver Seed even though you had already fallen to the ground was something even he was not capable of comprehending.
In any case there was no use thinking about it now. Now was the time to do battle.
Since the Fire type should have a rather easy time fighting the Snover, William's Shadow Ball was launched at the Swinub instead, hoping to chase it away at least.

Savato carried out 1 launched of one Icicle Woods :
A Chilling Walk - Page 2 JihFxDv

(E=11)
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 10:59 pm

"Um, well, I just couldn't grab it at that time. After the flight, I had recovered enough to where I could grab the Reviver Seed and eat it." Brian said innocently, not wanting to admit that he forgot he even had the Reviver Seed until this past moment. However, luck would shine upon him as he found another seed and a berry he had never heard of before right next to him and Ghost type. Brian decided to pick up the seed just in case he needed it again, but leave the berry there. He would come back for it in due time. Right now he had to focus on these wild Pokemon.

Brian dashed towards the group of Pokemon without fear, dodging the ice attack from the tree like one easily. The brown one tried to get in his way, but had to move elsewhere because of the Ghost types Shadow Ball. Having a target set, Brian charged full speed ahead and nailed the tree Pokemon with a blazing Fire Punch. It was knocked to the ground unconscious with that single, leaving the two with one less problem to deal with.

Energy: 23 - 2 = 21

Last edited by pokepikoo on Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 11:06 pm

William still found himself quite confused. Didn't these Reviver Seeds work in a way that allowed for them to be used specifically when unconscious or otherwise unable to use other healing items?
However he decided against asking further questions. Distractions should be avoided as much as possible right now.
Since the Fire type seemed to be capable of handling the Grass/Ice types the Gengar kept focussing his attention on the Swinub. The Ground type meanwhile seemed to try and attack back, digging around in the frozen dirt and attempting to throw a Mud Bomb at the Gengar, whose Levitation made dodging the attack laughably easy. From above the Gengar then descended again, his right fist glowing with the black Flame of a Payback attack.

A Chilling Walk - Page 2 Ehq01DP
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 4:10 pm

As he defeated the first of the tree Pokemon, Brian started going after he second who was trying to slow him down with what looked like Razor Leaves. A few of them hit him, but being a Fire type meant that they didn't do much. Soon the tree Pokemon changed tactics and sent a rapid fire flurry of Bullet Seeds at Brian. Seeing that they might be harder to dodge, he decided to counter attack with his Ember, the flames and seeds coloring into each other resulting in a few miniscule explosions. Eventually, a few of the Embers got through and hit the tree Pokemon, causing it to flail around frantically to get the super effective flames off. This gave Brian the perfect chance to smash the tree Pokemon with his Fire Punch, knocking it out just like the other.

"Man, that never gets old." Brian said, relishing in how good it felt to deliver a powerful blow right to the enemy. Even though this strategy was his bread and butter for almost every battle and would get somewhat stale for some, Brian couldn't help but feel an immense amount of satisfaction each time he landed a successful move. After this, he dashed back over to where the Ghost type was to see if he needed anymore support.

Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 6:13 pm

William meanwhile had thrown enough Shadow Balls at the Swinub for it to realize that it was quite outmatched here. Soon it quickly scuttled off somewhere in the distance, leaving a relieved Gengar behind. This relief grew further as he came to see that the Fire type he had met with had defeated both Snorunt in the meantime. Just why were there so many Pokémon out to attack travelers now? Were the Mystery Dungeons worsening? Was this just a random increase in freal activity?
Or was it simply a streak of horrendously bad luck for the Ghost type and those traveling with him?
In any case there was no need thinking about it now. Now they could maybe finally try having a conversation. This battle had done enough to prove that the Fire type was not a threat after all.

A Chilling Walk - Page 2 G4MtuOR
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 7:54 pm

As he ran back towards the Ghost type, Brian saw that he had dealt with the other Pokemon rather as he didn't seem to be damaged. It always excited Brian when he met someone that seemed to be well versed in battle or just genuinely powerful. He always thought that he could learn something new by watching others fight or fighting them himself. However, this wasn't the time to discuss battle strategies. Now that all of those wild Pokemon were gone, the two could finally have a decent conversation.

"Over here! Now that those guys are gone, we can finally talk!" Brian said as he kept on running. However, right when he though he was safe, an ice ball came out of nowhere and hit him right in the face. While the Ice attack wasn't very effective against Brian due to being Fire type, it was enough to push him into the snowy ground and leave him a bit dazed. "I guess not yet..."

Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 8:01 pm

"You're joking. You're joking, right?", the Gengar asked while sighing.
Apparently they had not yet managed to overcome the predicament they were finding themselves in.
For some reason Mystery Dungeons lately were just filled to the brim with both items and feral Pokémon, the latter of which William often had the questionable joy of meeting.
Well, now was once again the time to do battle. Floating behind the enemy, William tapped it lightly on the back, his eyes glowing in the eerie red of an Hypnosis attack.
Humming an eerie melody he hoped to manage to avoid the battle by simply putting their foe to sleep.

(E=6)
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 8:10 pm

Brian got up after shaking off his mildly dazed state, fully prepared to take on the Pokemon that shot the iceball at him. However, when he turned around to where it was, he saw that the Pokemon was seemingly out cold. It had only taken a moment for Brian to look in that direction, so the Ghost type couldn't have battled it that quickly. There must have been something going on here.

"That was quick. What exactly did you do to that guy? I can tell that you're strong but even the strongest Pokemon couldn't defeat an enemy that quickly." Brian asked as he made his way over to the Ghost type. He was becoming incredibly curious as to how he did it. Maybe he had found a Pokemon strong enough to defeat others in the blink of an eye, or he could have some weird move that did this. Either way, asking didn't hurt.

Last edited by pokepikoo on Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 8:29 pm

The Gengar chuckled. This was most likely the first time he had ever been asked about this move of his. It really was nothing special to him but to see how easily it could awe the Fire type was...a bit heartwarming in some strange way.
"It's nothing special, really. Just a simple Hypnosis. I suggest for us to move before this guy gets up again though."
It was strange. William had had this power for as long as he could think, but still he had no idea what exactly was the reason enemies fell asleep when he started staring at them.
But there most likely were many other Pokémon who had no idea how their powers worked either. Had there ever been any research on the topic? Probably not, but maybe William would start looking once he returned.
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 11:53 pm

"Hypnosis? Like, put a guy to sleep hypnosis? That's so cool! Being able to put your opponent in such a vulnerable position so easily. That's incredibly useful!" Brian said, grinning from ear to ear as he heard about this move. Most of the Pokemin he grew up around focused in pure attacking moves, so seeing something like this was extremely rare to him. It might not have been impressive to most, but to Brian it was such a unique and interesting ability.

"Yeah, this place seems prone to wild Pokemon attacks." Brian said as he started walking away from the area, expecting the Ghost type to follow. "Oh yeah, we never really introduced ourselves during all of that. Name's Brian. Nice to meet you!"

Last edited by pokepikoo on Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 12:19 am

"William here. Nice to meet you as well I guess. As for Hypnosis - it's really nothing special. There are lots of moves with more powerful effects. Hypnosis and Confuse Ray may be useful to reduce threat, but there are much better moves which can remove the threat of an opponent entirely."
William couldn't understand why his Hypnosis move was supposed to be this special, but he didn't mind all this positive attention. After having been the subject of hatred for this long a time he was tolerated...liked even for his otherworldly powers.
This Chimchar certainly was a strange Pokémon. But not in the negative sense.
It was the strange you wish more Pokémon were like. This could be the beginning of something interesting.
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 12:56 am

"William huh? That's a nice name." Brian said as he continued walking, glad that he finally got the Ghost type's name. It would be incredibly awkward talking to someone without knowing their name. "Wait, there are even more moves like this? That's so cool! I wonder what those other moves do. So many possibilities. So many strategies that could be made. Oh man, I'm feeling fired up!" Brian said, his curiosity about these potential for these moves. He couldn't help but get excited after hearing about something this interesting. There was so much that he didn't know moves like these, so every time he learned something new, a surge of curiosity excited him like nothing else in this world. Well, other then an intense and epic battle, but that was besides the point.

"So, what's brings you here William? This doesn't seem like the place most Pokemon would go too?" Brian asked, curious about why the Ghost was in the woods.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 7:20 pm

"Uh, yeah, there are quite a few moves of the sort. Some reduce the amount of times Pokémon are able to use certain moves, others are able to curse opponents and there most likely are many other different ones as well. As for why I am here - this place doesn't tend to attract too many explorers, so it usually is a good place to calm down. However I have no idea why there are this many Pokémon around lately."
Why was the Chimchar getting so excited about something as simple as status moves? Had he really never encountered something like that before? Didn't every single Pokémon know at least Growl or Leer or a similar move from the beginning? So how could he be unfamiliar with moves like these?
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 7:59 pm

"Cursing and reducing move usage? That sounds so cool! Where I come from, most of the Pokemon mainly focused on pure battling moves, so I'm don't know much about a bunch of these kinds of moves. The most that I know about non attacking moves is my Leer attack and a few other moves like it, but I don't even use it much myself. That's why learning about things like this is so cool to me. The more I know, the better I'll be able to explore and battle." Brian said energetically, explaining his excitement. He truly meant it when he said he loved learning about this kind of stuff. Seeing new places, learning new things, and battling others were his three favorite things in this entire world

"Ah, well that makes sense. I just came here because I haven't been to this place yet. There have been a lot of Pokemon around here though, but that just means more battling which is fine by me. The more I battle, the stronger I become. That's how I see it anyway." Brian said, grinning innocently as he continued to walk.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 8:07 pm

The Gengar shrugged. That explained why the Fire type had this little knowledge about non-directly-damaging moves. But more battling certainly did not always equal more strength. Too much battling could be quite detrimental even. But William was not in the mood to debate with the Chimchar, much less in an environment like this. So this journey would probably be about trying to keep the Fire type out of the most dire situations.
"Don't try to get yourself into too much of a predicament though. And I guess I am just more experienced in moves like those as both Ghost and Poison types seem to usually specialize in moves of this type."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Chilling Walk
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next