Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

The Fox in the Forest (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
PhantomSun

Poké : 3086

The Fox in the Forest (Open) Empty
PostSubject: The Fox in the Forest (Open)   The Fox in the Forest (Open) EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 9:17 pm

If one would go East of Grassveil, Lumina has noted, they would come across a tall, dark forest, where light barely seemed to touch the ground. At first she had thought it had been just that; a forest, nothing more. But now the Vulpix knew she was wrong. This was a Mystery Dungeon, and apparently, quite a challenging one at that. Perfect.

Lumina had always called herself an explorer, even though she didn't have a shiny guild badge or a treasure bag. She liked exploring, and had a strong interest of the warped way the world worked in these Mystery Dungeons. Therefore, she was an explorer. In her eyes, it was easy enough.

She wasn't a strong fighter, still being a low level, but she was a skilled one, and that had won her many battles in the past. That was why the Vulpix felt sure of herself, she could handle this. Whether she would actually be met with success this time, well... that was still to be determined.

(Energy: 7)

Last edited by Fllicker on Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: The Fox in the Forest (Open)   The Fox in the Forest (Open) EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 9:29 pm

(Now for a second fox to jump in ;P)

Oh-ho? What was this? Someone had entered the forest so willy nilly, as if there wasn't any dangers at all. Mirage looked down upon the other fox from a dark distance, wondering if the vixen had anything worthy of her own time. Even if she didn't, it would be fun to mess with her. It seemed a little too confident to be wandering around like nothing could stop her, it would be fun if she could scare the pokemon straight. Then again, it would be more fun to just watch them struggle from up close, pretend to be friendly, and when another pokemon attacked, snatch any items they had while the pokemon distracted them.
'This should be fun,' the zorua thought as she leaped out of the bush and towards the other fox, "Hello there!" she said in a fun and cheery way as if she were just out to make a friend or two in this strange and dark forest of shadows.
Back to top Go down
PhantomSun

PostSubject: Re: The Fox in the Forest (Open)   The Fox in the Forest (Open) EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 9:34 pm

Lumina's first reaction was to get into a fighting stance, as the Zorua had jumped out at her quite suddenly. Not to mention that Zorua seemed like a Pokemon you could find here, in the dark and gloomy forest. But when she spoke, the Vulpix paused, feral Pokemon didn't normally speak unless they had to. And this one was even acting friendly. Maybe she was here to explore, too, like that Swablu she had run into at Pecha Forest? "... Hello." She replied with a slight dip of her head. "Mind if I asked what you're doing here?"
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: The Fox in the Forest (Open)   The Fox in the Forest (Open) EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 9:44 pm

The pokemon seemed to be a bit surprised, ready to fight if necessary. The vulpix seemed to have some experience with pokemon popping out to fight at random. Mirage had herself appear confused for a moment until the vulpix had responded to her greeting and asked what she had been doing here, "Why, I live here." Mirage spoke, tilting her head, looking curious as to why the vulpix was questioning her.
"I'm Ira," she spoke, introducing herself under a false name in case the fire-fox pokemon recognized the name as an outlaw. The zorua was known around town for mischief, having stolen the very earrings upon her ear that double stacked as clip-on golden earrings, along with more thievery, assault, and harassment.
Back to top Go down
PhantomSun

PostSubject: Re: The Fox in the Forest (Open)   The Fox in the Forest (Open) EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 9:50 pm

Even if Mirage had said her real name, Lumina probably wouldn't have recognised it. She was relatively new in town, and even at her old home, she didn't care much to browse the outlaw notice boards. If the law enforcement had bit off more than they could chew, it wasn't her problem. "Ira." She nodded, echoing the black vixen's name. "I'm Lumina." One thing that she didn't understand, why would Ira want to live out here, of all places? Sure, it was away from the noisy town of Grassveil, but Pecha Forest seemed like a much safer place to live. The Zorua must've been a strong Pokemon if she decided to live here, the Vulpix decided. She hadn't explored it before, but Shadowhue looked far from welcoming.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: The Fox in the Forest (Open)   The Fox in the Forest (Open) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:21 am

"What are you doing here, Lumina?" 'Ira' asked. She sat down, in a position more towards the left rather than in front of the vulpix, not wanting to block their path should they want to go deeper into the shadowy forest known for its darkness. Mirage waited, wondering what this...what pokemon was this? The zorua hadn't quite seen this pokemon before, its red fur and strange multiple tails evoked a slight twinge of envy, but the zorua suppressed it. It was not like a dark type to get envious, that was more for the "beauty" queens like those strange long bodied snakes with strange tail fins that were decorated with vibrant colors.
Back to top Go down
PhantomSun

PostSubject: Re: The Fox in the Forest (Open)   The Fox in the Forest (Open) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:30 am

"Exploring. It's something of a hobby of mine." The Fox Pokemon explained simply, sitting down in the shade of one especially tall tree. She looked over the black and red furred Pokemon, and something caught her eye. Were those... earrings? For someone who supposedly lived away from the towns, Lumina couldn't help but wonder where she got those. Perhaps she used to live in Grassveil or another town before deciding to move to Shadowhue? Or maybe there was a more complex story behind them? Either way, the Vulpix knew that it wasn't really her business, so she didn't bother to bring it up.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: The Fox in the Forest (Open)   The Fox in the Forest (Open) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:39 am

"Oh, are you with the guild?" the zorua asked, a bit suspicious that the vulpix was actually here on a mission. What if the fox actually recognized her and was out for her head and bounty? Nah, couldn't be. Lumina was too laid back to be after her, either that or she was a professional actor. Mirage had followed the vulpix to the tree, "I usually don't see anyone else out and about around here, just the usual feral and explorer coming to get those who get stuck out here because they over-estimate this place."
Back to top Go down
PhantomSun

PostSubject: Re: The Fox in the Forest (Open)   The Fox in the Forest (Open) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:47 am

"Hmm. I'm not with the guild, and I'm not feral, obviously." The Vulpix paused, a faint smile playing at her expression. "I don't plan on getting stuck out here, either, although I guess I can't promise that won't happen." That thought was a little troubling, actually. What if Lumina was in over her head here? Pecha Forest wasn't exactly a walk in the park for her, and that was when she had Varda with her...
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: The Fox in the Forest (Open)   The Fox in the Forest (Open) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:59 am

Mirage thought for a moment, "So, why would you go to someplace you're not even sure how to handle? This place can be rather dangerous, especially if you don't know how to fight. Outlaws like to hang around here you know? Its dark and there's a lot of places to hide, its easy to plot an ambush for an unsuspecting pokemon."
The zorua's tail flicked, her head turning to look about as if checking to make sure they weren't being stalked by some vicious pokemon that might attack from behind and steal everything they own. Mirage had a valuable item herself, a Joy Ribbon. The ribbon that helped in making her stronger with every battle. It was a highly sought after item, perfect for those wanting to get even stronger and more powerful.

Kat carried out 2 launched of one Shadowhue Forest :
The Fox in the Forest (Open) VYqciob , The Fox in the Forest (Open) 2rntvDa
Back to top Go down
PhantomSun

PostSubject: Re: The Fox in the Forest (Open)   The Fox in the Forest (Open) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 1:09 am

Lumina paused. 'Ira' made some good points, but she wasn't going to back down yet. "I'm coming here because I feel fairly sure that I can handle it. I know how to fight, and I can pull my own weight. Worse comes to worse, if I end up fainting, then I can learn from the mistake I made and try again." She didn't say this part out loud, but some part of the Vulpix also enjoyed the challenge that she heard was here. Not to mention that there were probably much greater rewards for exploring Shadowhue than the relatively safe Pecha Forest. "As for the outlaws, in the rare chance I run into one, I doubt they'll bother me. I don't even have a treasure bag, much less anything worth stealing." The vixen added, blind to the irony before her.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: The Fox in the Forest (Open)   The Fox in the Forest (Open) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 1:18 am

"Faint and learn? How could you learn when you're dead?" the vixen spoke, attempting to place some fear in the vulpix, "Pokemon around here aren't like those in Pecha Forest, they're in it to survive, most are extremely territorial, and punishment for intruding isn't just knocking you out. If you just get knocked out, then others wont heed their rules on their turf, since they still get to live. Although some are kind enough to just let you live minus a limb."
The zorua blinked, "I'm pretty strong myself, I know this forest pretty well."
She was slightly annoyed on the inside though, as the vulpix had nothing. A change of plans arrived, she would merely see if she can manipulate the vulpix into being bait. While the vulpix was fighting any pokemon that might appear, the zorua would snag any items they might have before helping the vulpix. Wouldn't want the items to get damaged mid-fight would she?
Back to top Go down
PhantomSun

PostSubject: Re: The Fox in the Forest (Open)   The Fox in the Forest (Open) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 1:23 am

Lumina was starting to grow unsure of this plan, that much was true. Although she was too set on her attempt to explore the Mystery Dungeon to back down so easily, Mirage's attempt at planting some fear in her worked. Then she formed another plan, though she might have been unknowingly playing right into the Zorua's hands. "I figured that you were fairly strong if you lived here, and you say you know the forest well." The Vulpix was a tad reluctant to ask for help, as she was normally too proud for that, but in a place that was supposedly this dangerous, it would be smart for her to make an exception. "Maybe you could help me out a little, Ira?"
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: The Fox in the Forest (Open)   The Fox in the Forest (Open) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 1:37 am

"Sure, a little company couldn't hurt!" Mirage spoke after some thought. She smiled and added, "Is there anyplace in mind you want to go to like Monochrome Falls or do you just want to wander about?"

Not too far off from the tricky fox pokemon, was a strange mushroom pokemon. It seemed to be growing closer and closer to the two, nudging a box along. It seemed to be rather happy that it had found this strange box, but was having a bit of difficulty moving it along as it couldn't really see in front of it. It moved the box forward, closer and closer to Lumina, unknowing that the two were there as it paid little attention to hearing any voices.
Back to top Go down
PhantomSun

PostSubject: Re: The Fox in the Forest (Open)   The Fox in the Forest (Open) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 1:43 am

"Well, if we could make it to this Monochrome Falls place, I think that would be a good place to stop." Lumina decided after some brief consideration. She hadn't heard of Monochrome Falls before, but it sounded interesting. She would be happy if she could see it before turning back. With a faint smile, she turned to Mirage. "Would you like to lead the way?"

Just as she was saying that, her gaze travelled over to a small Pokemon, who the Vulpix assumed was feral. She motioned over to the Zorua, wanting her to see. "There could be something interesting in that box." She noted. Back in her old town, she had occasionally found boxes while exploring, but they always remained unopened since there was no service for opening the boxes. She would be lying to say that she wasn't curious as to what could be inside, even though she knew that it was unlikely to be anything useful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fox in the Forest (Open)   The Fox in the Forest (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Fox in the Forest (Open)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next