Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists   Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 9:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Marshes are not usually traversed through, at least not without reason, due to many sorts of dangers that inhabit the area. Territorial Pokemon prowl through the area, willing to jump upon anyone that come into their home. Environmental hazards in places you least expect, just poised to trap any traveler unlucky enough to stumble into them. That and many more makes that deadly mixture even more so. Still, in the midst of all of that, the place has its beauty as well, so long as you are willing to tough it out.

One such pokemon, a Zangoose to be specific, was one of those willing to go through with the dangers, though his reason for it was not as clear cut. Trudging through the swamp, his eyes glazed over the area, deep within his own thoughts. He kept quiet during all of this, the only noises in the area being that of his own movements, and the natural "music" of the environment. It wasn't until Kezz reached a small spot of somewhat dry land that the male stopped to take in the sight of it all.

(So...This is Cattail Marsh...) the male thought, still keeping his mental and actual eyes focused to any signs of dangers. (There is a strange...feel in the air...Maybe I should keep going...) Suddenly, the male snapped out of his thoughts by the sound of thunder, booming in the distance. With a furrowed brow, the male looked around more before muttering to himself. "I better find shelter first though.."
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Re: Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists   Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Although the wide grin on William's face remained static as always, it was rather easy to tell, that the Gengar enjoyed the company of the Zangoose in front of him.
"Heh, I guess you are correct. For you at least. One does not really need to search for shelter if one..."
The Ghost type paused for a short time as he levitated a small distance into the air before descending into the ground itself, reemerging behind his new friend.
"...can do this. It's a rather useful trick in my opinion. I wonder, how these marshes got flooded in the first place. A few hundred years ago the area was completely dry here."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists   Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:59 pm

The Zangoose chuckled more than he has had before when he turned his head a bit behind him to the ghost. It was an uncommon relief of the usual calm, quiet side he shows usually as he spoke. "Nice, one of a few perks with being a Ghost type, I bet. Though, it also brings about the possibility of accidentally appearing through someone from underneath." the Zangoose mulled over that thougt in his head, the corner of his mouth twitching a bit to how funny the sight would be as he thought about the rest of what his companion spoke about. The tidbit certainly got the male to wonder as he started to make his way back into the water to head over to the shelter, but he soon spoke up "Who knows? I did hear a few rumors about it though...Some thinking it was just the result of constant, heavy rain...Others thought it was the cause of a legendary pokemon..Its hard to tell which is right and which is wrong, but there could even be more theories about it as well...So that kind of question should be thought about with a pinch of open-mindedness.."
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists   Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:14 pm

"Some interesting theories I must say. Sadly I wasn't in the area at that time, so I never saw, how it happened. It is amazing, how time can change an area."
The Gengar chuckled, trying to remember how it looked here many years ago.
"Oh and by the way, one wouldn't have to worry about accidentally emerging into someone. Types like you may not be able to understand it, but there is a fourth dimension. Whenever I pass through an object, I am actually just dodging it. Thus I would just reappear "behind" the other Pokémon so to say. It is a rather useful ability, although it consumes a rather large amount of energy."
It certainly was rare, that the Poison type was able to converse freely like this, so William enjoyed this conversation quite a bit. Why hadn't he met this guy before?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists   Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 4:32 pm

The trek in the water would have been a bit uneventful if the male was focused on the fact, but the current conversation had a great portion of his focus, something else he rarely has in this day and age...He wonders how it was possible to not meet a pokemon like this one until now..? Either way, its nice to have moments like this as he spoke. "Indeed, but time isn't always a factor sometimes, y'know?" The male started, watching where he was stepping so as to not slip. "And explaining that kinda sounds like it would go into an advanced kind of physics..How did you ever get used to that?"

As this conversation happened, the male was able to reach this overhang with the tree right as another sound of thunder roared throughout the area, rain starting to pour down through the area.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists   Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:15 pm

"Well...you are pretty much asking me, how I gut used to walking around things. It's just something I came into existence with. I can't really explain it. It's like breathing would be for you I guess."
While the Gengar did have the ability to simply levitate over the water, it did not protect him from the torrent of rain falling down onto his head, so that he, just like the Zangoose, was soon soaked to the nonexistent bone.
However, the Ghost type did not mind at all. Having had to spend a rather long amount of time living in the wilderness, he had gotten so used to this feeling, that he had almost missed it.
Keyword being "almost". Of course he was happy to have finally found a home.
How long would it last?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists   Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 9:49 pm

The male stood there a bit drenched, sweatdropping at not getting underneath the tree just a second earlier. Still, with a sigh, he slipped underneath the spacious overhang and made his way under what little dry land there was as he sat down and looked out towards the Gengar. "I'll give you that..Still, I do wonder about something...Something that I hope isn't a touchy subject....But...When I look at you...I see..." His eyes softened some, taking a bit before finishing his sentence. "Someone...searching for something precious...Something they would give up everything for..." He went quiet for a good moment, the silence taking a grip of the environment like an iron vice, permitting only the sound of rain to "wash" over the environment...However, no matter how strong the silence was, it was easily dispersed when the Zangoose finally spoke again. "I don't know why I am suddenly asking this...Its probably because of what I see with you...What you say and how you say it...Maybe I am just voicing my own imagination...But I do wonder...why..?.." As he spoke, the male just stared towards the ghost type, wondering what his reaction would be. "What is your drive for it all..? What continues to bring you onto your feet and walk this earth...?" The Zangoose raked over each and every word he said, his curiosity wanting to learn more...Its strange, but something about the Gengar is...well, to put it simply, something about him the normal type sympathizes with..Considering the ghost type as a fellow soul on this arduous road they both walk. His eyes held a bit of a more serious, but gentle gaze, his voice clear even with the rain. "....The traveling in itself is a great experience, but with you....There is a good reason for this....beyond more than just a sightseeing..."
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists   Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 11:43 pm

Significantly surprised by the sudden question, the Gengar had to pause for a while. A long while.
Finally he managed to get enough of a hold of himself to begin to respond:
"Heh...impressive. So many years, decades even have gone by without most Pokémon even thinking twice about me. And yet here you are. You have managed to see, what so many others have not even come close to seeing. All of it in a few minutes...", William muttered, half to himself, half to the Normal type in front of him. The rain running down his face almost looked like tears, glistening in the light of the occassional lightning strike as he continued to speak:
"Searching for something...don't we all? For me it is acceptance. But to understand this, you'd probably need to know my story. I am older than you, older than your parents and probably older than most things you will ever come to see in your life. I have met many different Pokémon. But there was one thing they all had in common. Three things actually. First: They judge. Consciously or not, each and every Pokémon judges each and everything in life without knowing anything about it. Second: Pokémon fear. They fear many things, but the thing they fear most is the thing they know nothing about, that they can't understand. And third: What a Pokémon fears, it will try to destroy, remove or stop in another way."
Sighing, he added: "I guess you already know, where I'm going with this, don't you? After all one does not usually find a being such as me. I'll try to make it short. Whereever I was, Pokémon judged me, deemed me dangerous without any indication thereof, feared me, shunned me and lastly attacked me. I have lost count of how often I had to flee. Finally, after many, many years I had managed to find a secluded place to stay in the depths of the Pecha Forest. No Pokémon anywhere. But the others still remembered me, still feared me. So they decided to chase me, and I had to keep myself from getting attacked. As you should be able to figure out, defending yourself from others isn't exactly something impossible to misinterpret, so it was bound to happen, that my reputation grew worse and worse. Over the years I grew weary of the secluded life I was forced to leave and attempted to visit Grassveil Town, trying to make peace. Twice I met anothr Pokémon, who claimed not to fear me. Twice we planned to sign up as a Rexcue Team. Twice tey ran away in horror as we stood in front of the guildmaster. Broken I retreated back into the woods. Much later I once again met two Pokémon. They claimed not to fear me as well, and although I knew, that something like this would end badly, I trusted them. I don't even know, why, I just did. We managed to get through the signup process and are now a Rexcue Team. For how long I wonder? How long will it take them to fear me again? I do not know. I can only wait. And hope. That is, what drives me. Acceptance."
The Gengar chuckled.
"And here I am, telling the story of my existence to a stranger I met a few minutes ago. Life sure is strange, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists   Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shadowy Marsh and Clawing Mists
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2