Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Patching The Broken

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nocive

Nocive

Poké : 3100
Location : Somewhere, brooding on and on about the horrors of bleeding writing materials.

Patching The Broken Empty
PostSubject: Patching The Broken   Patching The Broken EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 2:31 pm

After a gruesome few days, Mordred and Nick had finally arrived at the nearest town. By now, after such a long journey filled with battles, close calls, and miraculous survival, they were covered in injuries and seemed more than in need for treatment. The passing townspeople looked appalled at their beaten states, mentally wondering how they managed to stay on their feet in such conditions. Luckily, it seemed as though they were at least willing to give directions to the nearest healer.

An hour or so of getting lost later, Mordred stopped in front of what seemed to be a large, wooden hut of sorts. It seemed well-built and sturdy enough to withstand normal storms. Nearby, there seemed to be a small, healthy garden covered with odd herbs of many kinds. Although the scent they gave off was odd, it still managed to have a peculiar tinge that made the atmosphere all the more relaxed. The scraggy deduced that those were healing herbs, causing the sense of doubt and tension he felt to drift just by a bit. It wasn't that he didn't believe in the ability of a water type healer, but he was already so exhausted that he didn't want to spend another hour lost in the small, but bustling town.

The scraggy didn't wait for his companion- deciding to just go ahead and knock on the wooden door. He curled his hand into a fist, banging it enough that it seemed excessive. It took mere seconds before the door opened, revealing a slightly irritated pokemon.

[ I'll leave it up to you on who the healer will be. Sorry for being late! ]

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down
Peach

Poké : 1060

PostSubject: Re: Patching The Broken   Patching The Broken EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 10:28 pm

(Sorry, I've been busy and all. I'll try not to delay so long again.)

Nick was walking along the road behind Mordred. Although the reptile had the worse single injury of all, the Delibird had taken more of a beating in other ways. He staggered along behind his companion, not really talking much, which was very unusual for the avian. He just didn't have the energy to speak much though. Heck, the only reason he was standing was because he didn't have much of a choice in the matter.

Finally, they arrived. Though he couldn't fully comprehend all this meant, he knew by reaching this building with this garden with odd but strangely relaxing plants, he had won the battle for survival. Mordred knocked on the door a little loudly, which was soon followed by footsteps on the other side, which was then followed by the door being opened by a somewhat angry looking Warturtle. However, not even a second later, all that anger turned to shock. "What is it- WHOA! What happened to you two!? How did you- Never mind that right now. Come on. Let's patch you up. Hey! Moe! We got a couple bruisies over here!"

The turtle Grabbed Mordred Pokemon crutch style and helped him into the building. A Machop rushed out and after getting over his own state of shock, carried the Delibird inside. The two were helped over to a bed like piece of furniture where they were told to lay down and helped to do so if needed. The water type rushed out, probably to get some herbs, while the fighting type stayed with Nick and Mordred, just in case something happened.

Nocive

Location : Somewhere, brooding on and on about the horrors of bleeding writing materials.

PostSubject: Re: Patching The Broken   Patching The Broken EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 2:54 am

Mordred flinched as the Wartortle held him up, but accepted the assistance with gratitude as he was led inside. He was put on a bed to rest as the water type hurried off to get more herbs. The scraggy decided to simply sit instead of lie down, thinking it would be a bit rude to do so. Besides, he had to examine his wounds. He frowned as he saw the various scratches, cuts, and missing patches of skin all over his arms and torso. Those were going to leave a few permanent marks. Truth be told, however, the fighting type didn't care. Actually, he found them good. It proved his experience.

What he did find irritating was his pants. They were torn, covered in dirt, and were in desperate need of some patching up. He groaned, knowing full well how this would take forever. Shed skin pants weren't meant to be patched up by thread or any traditional means. They had to be layered. By more skin. It was odd, but layering skin seemed to end up molding the damaged ones together, slowly remaking the clothing-like protection until it looked like nothing had ever happened to it. These were one of the times Mordred really wished he had the ability Shed Skin. He could remember his siblings having that ability, and they were able to just remove their pants and grow another way quicker than those who didn't have it. Sadly, he was stuck with Moxie. A cursed ability who gave him no help whatsoever.

The scraggy turned his attention away from his petty dilemma, deciding to pay attention to his companion. The trip had been exhausting, and had been primarily a silent one. Barely any words had been exchanged since they left Blackmist, which Mordred was actually very thankful for. But this time they were now in a safe place, and fact was, he knew he had some apologizing to do. It was only after he felt safe that he could think back on his actions, and he had realized that he had been much too unreasonable. Yeah, sure he lost an eye, but that was no way for an explorer to act. He opened his mouth to say something, but quickly closed it. Okay, maybe he could wait a while longer.

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: Patching The Broken   Patching The Broken EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:57 am

Nick hardly had the strength to walk at all, so the Machop decided to carry the bird inside. As Nicholas was laid on a table, he groaned a time or two, being in a good deal of pain, and still a little depressed over his deed. The fighting type noticed the improvised cast and decided to take some bandages from a near by supply closet. The Wartortle returned just as the Machop placed the bandages. He had a plethora of herbs and other medical whatyoumagigs. The two got to work.

The Machop was most likely a student as he kept asking the water type for advice and was slower with his work. Still, Red couldn't complain about it much considering the Machop was working on Nick. Even if he wasn't as experienced, the fighting type seemed to know what he was doing in general. He replaced Nick's Zinc band with a more effective cast, promising to return the band after a good was. The wounds on the avian's broken wing were closed, but it would still be some time before they healed completely. Honestly, there would probably still be a mark, but with luck, Nick's feathers would grow to cover that up. The Machop had no problem tending to the Delibird's other wounds and injuries.

The water type worked on Mordred diligently. As he removed the Scraggy's hood, he looked at the reptile's eye with a slight disgust. "Well, you probably figured this out already, but you aren't gonna see out of that eye again. The wounds will heal, and the pain will go, but your vision isn't coming back. Eyes are very delicate, so we can't do anything. Sorry." At hearing this news, Nick let out a soft whine and rolled over to face away from Red. Yup, still guilty. The medics didn't seem to notice this. The Wartorle put bandages over Red's bad eye and promised to wash out the Scraggy's hood just as the Machop had promised on Nick's band.

Nocive

PostSubject: Re: Patching The Broken   Patching The Broken EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:18 am

Mordred felt some part of him shatter when he was informed. He had definitely expected this, but he still had a small, lingering hope that somehow his eye could he restored. But now, that last shred of hope was long gone. He sighed, accepting defeat. Well, it wouldn't make much of a difference now, anyways. He'd managed a considerably long time without his other eye, so adapting to having only one eye shouldn't be too difficult now. "...It's fine. Thanks anyways."

The reptile did his best not to move while his eye was bandaged. It hurt- a lot. So much that the urge to push the Wartortle away had actually caused him to do so. Nearly. His fist collided with the turtle's hard shell, dealing more pain to itself than to its target. The dark type yelped, nearly at the volume of a scream, as he pulled his hand back. There was a little reddish sore on it. He rubbed the spot, regretting his decision. His attention tore away from his newest injury as the water type in front of him finally got a chance to speak.

“Whoa, calm down! This is the thanks I get for trying to help you?” The Wartortle spoke, its voice clearly irritated. It was a few steps away from its patient now, arms crossed and eyes glaring daggers. The scraggy nervously chuckled, still rubbing the sore area. He didn’t dare make eye contact- being much too embarrassed after the little incident.

“Eheh, uh… Sorry about that…” The reptile’s voice was much quieter than earlier, adding to the already-awkward atmosphere between the two. Upon hearing the apology, the water type returned to work, but not before giving the reptile a little lecture on how one should and shouldn’t act while being treated. The lecture was mainly one-sided, with the Wartortle being surprisingly exaggerative and wordy, and Mordred simply nodding here and again. All in all, it was surprisingly comedic, in a way.

After bandaging Mordred’s eye, the Wartortle began working with his minor injuries. The herbs and natural medicine used caused the scraggy to hiss a few times, signaling the turtle to back away near instantaneously. The whole process took much, much longer than expected, but the Healer had been surprisingly patient, even with such an irritating patient. After the reptile’s bruises had been given the right amount of care, the water type asked for his hood. Mordred complied, handing over the piece of cloth. He grimaced as he held up the ragged sheet, having just only known how badly the trip’s conditions had affected it. He’d probably need to have it replaced at one point, but having it washed would suffice for now.

“Alright, I’ll be back soon. Let your wounds heal, don't do anything that could harm you. Or I'll have to cover you in so many bandages you won't even be able to move.” The Wartortle said in a somewhat commanding voice, almost as if it were aware the scraggy would do something reckless during its absence. The dark type nodded in return and watched as the trained medic left. Once the water type was gone, Mordred couldn’t help but chuckle.

“That Wartortle sure is a mouthful, huh?”

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: Patching The Broken   Patching The Broken EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 10:13 am

Nick didn't respond to Mordred's comment. In fact, he's been silent throughout the whole process. Even through the Machop tending to his wounds, the bird only grunted and whined now and then. After the matter, and after Red made his comment about the shelled Pokemon, the Machop gave a hardy chuckle, and spoke for the first time. His voice was typical for a Machop, deep and a bit gruff. "That's nothing. You should hear him when the patients talk back."

He turns back to the bird, who's laying on his side to look away from Red. "Hey there, you can't be doing that." The Machop pulled Nick. It was a gentle pull, but with the strength the creature possessed, it was enough to get Nick to lay on his back. "Don't lay on your bad wing kid, or you'll just hurt it more, and maybe even damage it more." The bird gave a slow nod. "O-ok." The Machop crossed his arms, looking a bit concernded. "What's eating you kid?" No response. The Machop shrugged it off. "Well, you two must be hungry. I'm afraid my sensi doesn't eat meat, but I can make a pretty good fruit salad. That sound good?" "...Y-yes...Thank you." Nick was worn down a lot, and in addition, was a little depressed. The Machop nodded. "Ok, I'll be right back, and stay on your back kid." Nick just gave a slow nod as the fighting type left.

Nocive

PostSubject: Re: Patching The Broken   Patching The Broken EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:58 pm

Mordred frowned when he noticed the bird's silence. Was it something he said? The scraggy gave the Machop a slight smirk at the response, but didn't feel a single sense of doubt at that possibility. If the Wartortle was capable of speaking for so long with such unnecessary expressions, then may Arceus Almighty he never anger it. Or at least, not anger further.

He listened silently to their conversation, having no other task to do at the moment. The scraggy's curiosity and even a tinge of worry made him contemplate what had caused the bird to grow so quiet. He nearly slapped his own face when he finally remembered what had occurred during their first meeting in the Blackmist Mountain Range. The many hits to the head and possibly the lingering headaches he had during their long travel may have contributed to his sudden loss of memory.

'Might as well fix this now.' He thought, already dreading what was about to happen. He was never good with these kinds of 'feely' discussions, let alone making someone who had turned him blind feel better. He still bore a grudge for that incident, sure, but he'd long since lost most of that. Their awkward, but mostly none-threatening trip had made him see how much of a harmless avian Nick was, and maybe even loyal or at least had enough dignity not to flee or hurt him further. Then again, the ice type didn't actually have much of a choice after damaging his wing.

Mordred opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out as he began to hesitate once more. He exhaled, quickly composing himself. After a few more moments of silence, the dark type then finally began using his voice. "Hey Nick, speak up... You still feeling bad about all that?"

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: Patching The Broken   Patching The Broken EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 11:10 pm

Nick gave a small nod. There was a moment of silence at first, but the bird started to talk soon enough. "I... I never hurt anyone before... not like that, and definitely not someone like you. Y-you risked your life for me, even after that... and I... I still can't help you." By this point, Nick's eyes were getting watery. "You lost an eye, and it can't be fixed, and it's all my fault. I... I'm so sorry. I wanna take it all back... b-b..." Nick stopped talking and closed his eyes, probably trying to resist crying.

(I know. It's small. Sorry.)

Nocive

PostSubject: Re: Patching The Broken   Patching The Broken EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 11:57 pm

Mordred felt uneasy during the silence, but was washed over by relief when the bird finally started talking. Well, at least he was willing to actually speak. But that relief was nearly immediately thrown in the gutter when he heard the injured avian's words. The guilt dripping from Nick's voice made the scraggy feel terrible as well. He recalled the many times he had been unreasonable to the bird. And now, seeing the same ice type lying on a bed with an injured wing while still regretting what he had done made the dark type feel all the more ashamed. What kind of explorer was he? Explorers were supposed to be good pokemon who, no matter what happened, did their best to accommodate all good-willed pokemon.

The scraggy seemed taken back when he saw the bird on the verge of crying. By impulse, he brought his hands up to chest level, looking very much like he was defending himself. "Whoa, whoa, hey, don't cry! Didn't you already cry enough back there-" The reptile put his hand up to his mouth, shutting himself up upon realizing what he had just said. Okay, that was not alright."No, that wasn't what I meant! Just... Please don't cry. It wasn't your fault. It was just an accident."

The scraggy fruitlessly attempted to reason his words, stumbling on them awkwardly. While he was known to be more serious during missions, interacting with others in more casual areas were definitely not his forte.

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: Patching The Broken   Patching The Broken EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 12:27 am

The bird was surprised a little when Mordred said his first statement. His eyes went wide as he starred at the lizard, but all was forgiven as the dark type reworded his statement. Still, though the Scraggy was off that particular hook, a shake of the head signaled he still had some work to go for the other one. Nick wiped his tears and spoke again. "I shoulda been more careful. I-i know present can be dangerous, but I just went ahead and threw it anyways." The avian turned his head away from Red. He tugged his arm in the cast, for one reason or another, before recalling his injury.

Nocive

PostSubject: Re: Patching The Broken   Patching The Broken EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 12:51 am

Upon seeing that his attempts had failed, Mordred couldn't help but facepalm. He flinched immediately, a sharp spark of pain shooting through him. The pain caused him to give a high-pitched yelp and jerk his arm away from his face, a painful reminder of the Wartortle's words. The scraggy shook his head, attempting to forget about the pain and the reckless action he had just done. He looked back up to the avian, frowning more as he saw him turn away. 'Way to go, Mordred.'

"We were under pressure. Besides, if you hadn't done it, I'd be dead. And to tell you the truth, I'd much rather be half blind than dead." He said, scratching the back of his neck. Upon processing his words, he could already tell that he had said something wrong at some point. He took a mental note to start working on his conversational skills, but quickly withdrew it once he realized how ridiculous it seemed. He hoped that this conversation wouldn't turn out horribly. He watched the feathered bird, waiting for a response. He raised a brow when he saw his companion tugging at the cast. "You... probably shouldn't do that."

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: Patching The Broken   Patching The Broken EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:18 am

"Yeah, I kinda forgot for a second." Nick turned back to Red. "I guess you're right... but I... I stiill wish I found another way or something... I mean maybe if I took a minute to aim, or maybe if I stopped the Geodude and gave ya time to crawl out... I... I just think I coulda done something else... a-and if I did... maybe you wouldn't be like that..." Well, if Mordred had said something wrong, Nicholas failed to catch it, and rather it's noticed or not, they're making progress in this.

Nocive

PostSubject: Re: Patching The Broken   Patching The Broken EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:40 am

Mordred inwardly sighed with relief when he saw that he didn't say anything that furthered the Delibird's depression. He remained silent, listening closely to the ice type's words. He contemplated the possibility for a moment, focusing on recalling as detailed as possible the scene of the incident.

They were in small, slightly darkened clearing in a forest placed inside the mountain range. The ground was shaking, the Geodude had caused a quake with the magnitude of 9. Rocks had fallen from the nearby pile of earth, hitting and piling the scraggy's abdomen when he had fallen from the intensity of the magnitude. There was no way the Delibird could've gotten a good aim, especially with all the shaking and falling rocks. Nick would be crushed instead if he would have played as a diversion, or Mordred would've just died from getting squashed by too many if he didn't escape quick enough. The Present exploded just close enough that all the heavy rocks were lifted, but at the cost of hurting the scraggy in the process. If it had been aimed any farther, there was a low chance it would be enough to remove the large rocks and cause enough ruckus to send any other incoming stones to be sent off course. The reptile wasn't a master at battle tactics, but felt sure that what Nick had done was one of the better options.

"No, there's a low possibility any of those could work. I might end up sacrificing an arm or a leg instead, or you'll end up in my place. Losing just an eye is kind of a miracle after all that, once you really think of it..." The dark type responded. His voice seemed a tinge uneasy, as if there was a possibility he could've saved his eye. But that chance was long gone now, and as much as Mordred disliked it, he had to cope. Explorers do not whine, especially not in front of someone who's in such a state.

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down
Peach

PostSubject: Re: Patching The Broken   Patching The Broken EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:58 am

"W-well... I still feel like I coulda done something... and I-i know I said this alot, but I really am sorry Mordred... and if I can make it up to you... I'll do it." Nick actually managed to sit up. He looked at Mordred again. This time he wasn't depressed, though it wasn't a smile either. It was kind of a look of intent, like Nick was waiting for Red to ask his favor. On the other hand, it looked kind of like a kid ready to take a punishment after being caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Nocive

PostSubject: Re: Patching The Broken   Patching The Broken EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 4:16 pm

Mordred felt surprised by the bird's sudden determination. While he was aware that the Delibird was much stronger than he'd first perceived after all the events and trials that had occurred since their first meeting, he wasn't expecting him to be so willing to make up for his mistakes and with nearly no hesitation. What was more impressive was the lack of depressive tone in his voice. The ice type was genuinely willing to fulfill a favor for the scraggy, who had been cold and insensitive during most of their time together. Even after they were evened with Nick getting a badly damaged wing, the lizard was sure that he had still acted unnecessarily callous. Or was that just pity and guilt acting up, he couldn't be sure. Nonetheless, seeing the bird change from despair and guilt to someone with resolve was pretty impressive.

The corner of his mouth tugged slightly. "Heh, it's fine. You've already made up for it by helping me reach this far. Honestly I kind of owe you my life, so thanks." He replied. His voice sounded awkward, but little enough that it still retained sincerity. He wasn't used to thanking someone for saving his life - it was more of the opposite - but he knew that the Delibird deserved at least that much. He subconsciously scratched the back of his neck, breaking eye contact for a moment as he tried to think of a way to lighten the atmosphere.

"But I guess... we could go exploring some time?" He said, only to stammer once he realized his bad timing. "Uh but later! You know, after we get healed and all that. Since we're both explorers and... yeah." At that moment, Mordred was really regretting not having worked on his social skills.

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patching The Broken   Patching The Broken Empty

Back to top Go down

Patching The Broken
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Rainfront Town :: Rainfront Town-
Jump to: