Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

The Journey to Rainfront (Part I)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nocive

Nocive

Poké : 3100
Location : Somewhere, brooding on and on about the horrors of bleeding writing materials.

The Journey to Rainfront (Part I) Empty
PostSubject: The Journey to Rainfront (Part I)   The Journey to Rainfront (Part I) EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 12:22 am

All he wanted was to get the TM. He came all this way, traveling for weeks, just to find that damned TM. The TM Brick Break was thought to be a strong fighting move- one that could break even barriers of light. The moment he'd heard of such a move, he immediately made it his goal to retrieve it. He left the safety of Treasure Town, traveled past numerous towns, caverns, forests, you name it. And after weeks of traveling, he finally reached the Black Spear Mountain Range.

But by an ironic twist of fate, he was left falling to his doom. He was falling into some sort of fissure, the Obsidian Crevice, if he could recall. He was surprised that he could even remember such a detail, seeing how he was literally screaming his lungs out. Wind continued to rush past him as he descended into the dark abyss. He fell deeper and deeper into the crevice, losing all hope of surviving as darkness overwhelmed his view.

To his surprise, he didn't collide with a stone hard floor. Instead, he fell into a pile. The feeling of cold metal made him open his eyes. All around him were piles upon piles of treasure and items, all stacked and stored in a small corner of the dark crevice.

Mordred brought his hands to his eyes, rubbing them in attempts of getting rid of whatever mirage his mind had created. He brought his hands off his eyes, seeing the piles still there. Was this some sort of dream? It didn't seem like it. The Scraggy shook his head, unconvinced at what he was seeing. When it was obvious it wasn't just a trick played by his mind, he stood up and began to search for an escape. How was he going to get back to the surface?

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Rainfront (Part I)   The Journey to Rainfront (Part I) EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:18 am

Douglas liked holes.

He liked deep, cold, earthy textures.

And he was surrounded by it all now.

The Sandshrew was content. He had his hole, his prized artifacts and his silence. The jaded walls of the crevice held up to their namesake. The glassy black ceiling was like a sky without light, which beneath Douglas lay as he stared deep into the texture. The milky dark swam deep into the mountain yet the hunter could seem to see forever. The glossy shadow was coloured a sunburst orange as it refracted the fire light. A log split and embers exploded forth, the dance mirrored by the void.

“Beautiful...” he breathed.

The flames reminded Douglas of the nature of obsidian. It is produced when lava extruded from a volcano cools rapidly. This can’t be done with water, however, then the obsidian fragments, hence formation of caves like this are mostly due to a high content of sand in the mantel. Musing further, the treasure hunter considered the origin of his current residence. It is likely where he lay was once an active volcano, probably the crater. Perhaps seismic movement cut off the magma below the ground and the area above, no longer heated, cooled and solidified. It was probable that this volcano is perhaps only dormant and would blow its top again some other day. But not today. Douglas was feeling good today.

Close at hand lay the most recent addition to his collection - a Weather Mask. It features painted on and into a ghostly face, seeming to resemble a Castform. Legend said it was used by the people of Rainfront town back when they still had control over the weather. Rumors whispered that this mask allowed the priests to communicate with the Drangonairs in charge. One myth even stipulated it allowed the calling of the great beings, Kyogre and Groudon, onto mortal plane. Another told that it allowed a shaman to survive a bolt of pure lightning. Not that the Sandshrew wanted it for the stories of power. Douglas had simply searched it out because it and its tales would make an excellent addition to his assortment of exceedingly hard to obtain items.

And it looked cool.

In some ways, Douglas was easily pleased.

Last edited by Madcap on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:53 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nocive

Nocive

Location : Somewhere, brooding on and on about the horrors of bleeding writing materials.

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Rainfront (Part I)   The Journey to Rainfront (Part I) EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:04 am

The Scraggy searched about, trying to find an escape. The dark walls that surrounded him were far too tall to escalate without having to spend several hours. The walls curved into a rough crescent-like shape, cornering the pokemon and the large hoard of treasures. There was only a single opening, stretching out into the darkness. Soft echos of pokemon and falling rocks emitted from the opening, causing Mordred to shudder. He didn't want to know what lied in the abyss, but he didn't have a choice. He wouldn't be able to survive here for long.

He walked over to the opening, stopping just in time. He wasn't in a corner of the crevice. It was more of a platform, possibly very high. He looked down at the edge, trying to spot somewhere to land. He couldn't see the ground. Mordred gulped, taking a few steps back from the edge, not wanting to accidentally fall in. Was he really stuck here? He needed to find a way to get to a safer area. Surely whatever had brought so much treasure would return, and would definitely not like being greeted by a stranger.

Mordred walked back to the pile of treasure, grabbing a single item. An orb of sorts, and a pretty big one. Surely with so much treasure, the owner wouldn't notice a simple orb missing. He walked back to the edge of the platform, carrying the orb in his hands. He raised it in front of him, before letting go. The Scraggy watched as the orb disapeared into the darkness. The sound of the item shattering finally reached the lizard pokemon's ears. He felt some relief, assuming that the shatter meant ground wasn't too far from where he stood.

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Rainfront (Part I)   The Journey to Rainfront (Part I) EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:54 am

Douglas regarded the mask. It had a primal feel. It was basic, being nothing more than hide stretched across a wooden frame and yet... it felt as though it had something more. Following impulse, Douglas donned the shroud. Nothing changed, there was no magical transformation. He felt sort of silly.

Douglas looked at the fire. No... no change.

The roof? Nope.

Douglas fidgeted with the strap as he considered what to do. Tenderly, he neared a paw toward the heat. There was a crack and embers spilled into the thermal created by the flames, catching the foolish sandshrew’s paw. He gasped and sucked on the base of his thumb, scolding himself for his idiocy. As his burn soothed, Douglas removed the mask, thinking it a shame for it to be the artifact to suffer over his hand next time.

Last edited by Madcap on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nocive

Nocive

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Rainfront (Part I)   The Journey to Rainfront (Part I) EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:06 am

The Scraggy got ready, sitting on the edge of the platform. He took a deep breath, attempting to calm his racing heart. If he fell, he would surely get badly injured. It would take him even longer to escape this crevice. Heck, he probably wouldn't even survive that long. He had to get out of here as quick as he could, and his escape was going to start with getting down from this platform and onto the real ground.

He turned, now facing toward the treasure as he gripped the edge of the platform. His arms clung to the edge for dear life as he lowered himself down. His foot searched frantically for somewhere to stand on, finally coming in contact with a small, relatively flat rock. His stood on the rock, his hand moving down to grab another, followed by his other hand. He slowly climbed down, his eyes focused beyond his feet in hopes that ground would soon come to view.

After a few minutes of hesitant climbing, he gave a sigh of relief. A small distance further down was the fissure's dark floor. For a second, he remembered the myth that said the Obsidian Crevice was bottomless. It seemed the myth was incorrect. He'd have to bring that information to the Guild once he got back. That is, unless he doesn't survive that long.

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Rainfront (Part I)   The Journey to Rainfront (Part I) EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:50 am

Douglas sighed, relishing the rest. It took him some work to get down here. Sneaking isn't as easy as people like to think, particularly if you are a large, round Pokémon with only his wits, a hat and a night slash move over the other beings around, most being attuned to the darkened obsidian pathways.

He’d been here once before and was glad he fetched up at his old fire place. It was the perfect area. The ceiling where Douglas cultivated his heat and warmth sloped up into an unknowable black. Hadn't created issues last time. All in all, however, Douglas knew his want was very dangerous. He could suffocate on the smoke and chemicals created by the fire or even potentially set off some form of explosive gas trapped under the ground, maybe a Weezing. Assuming he survived the initial detonation, Douglas knew he would probably lose his hearing for effective good, with any resultant sound energy reverberating off the sharp and brittle obsidian caves, compounding and amplifying the power. But, again, that would be assuming he would still be alive. He really wouldn't be. Only the rest of the cave would suffer from hearing loss.

Douglas rolled over. Loud sounds in caves unnerved him. They were all echoes that seemed to come from every direction. He didn't even like thinking about it. But then he did hear something.
Back to top Go down
Nocive

Nocive

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Rainfront (Part I)   The Journey to Rainfront (Part I) EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 4:04 am

Mordred jumped off the wall, landing on the ground. His foot was just barely saved from getting stabbed by one of the orb's shards. They were spread about, scattered on the rocky terrain- it was a miracle he hadn't landed on them and gotten hurt. He only guessed that luck was on his side this time, unlike earlier.

He looked around, seeing nothing but darkness. Luckily, he was primarily a dark type, which allowed him to be able to see a bit clearer compared to other pokemon. There didn't seem to be anything but rocks and a few openings nearby, leading further through the fissure. If he kept moving, he would probably be able to reach a point where the surface is low enough that he could climb back up. Yes, that would be a decent plan. He would just have to sneak through and get out of here. He probably could sneak well thanks to his typing, but other Dark types would be able to spot him like a sore thumb.

The Scraggy was snapped out of his thoughts at the sound of something approaching. No, there were more than one. And they were heading toward him quickly. He looked around, his eyes trying to figure out where the attackers were coming from.

This dice is not existing.

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Rainfront (Part I)   The Journey to Rainfront (Part I) EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 4:20 am

Douglas stood, his ears pivoting atop his skull.

Yes.

Sound.

Very close yet all around.

Thinking quickly, Douglas picked up the nearby bag he owned and donned the mask once more, this time simply for ease of carrying. He adjusted his hat with haste, also taking up a flaming brand from his fire. At the very least, his odd appearance would give him an advantage he would desperately need. He tightened his grip now, steeling himself but dropping his leg back and readying to deal with whatever come out, should something occur at all.

Last edited by Madcap on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nocive

Nocive

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Rainfront (Part I)   The Journey to Rainfront (Part I) EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 4:45 am

3 Sableyes watched the Scraggy from above, cackling to each other maliciously. They crawled slowly down from the wall, having watched the intruding pokemon climb from their precious hoard of treasure. He was going to pay for breaking one of their valuables. That, and the trio were aching for a little trouble. This stranger may even have something valuable to make up for the treasure he had broken. Rest assured, they were not letting him go that easily.

The leader, one that was several levels higher than the other two, gave a knowing cackle. His partners replied with glee and hushed tones, climbing down onto the ground. The leader gave one last shudder-inducing cackle before jumping off the wall and landing on the Scraggy's head, instantly digging its sharp claws into the flesh. Instantly, the duo waiting ran up, grabbing the Scraggy's legs and preventing him from fleeing.

Mordred gave a shriek of pain when he felt one of his attackers land on his head, digging their sharp claws into his skull. The Scraggy began clawing and flailing, trying to get the unknown pokemon off his head. His legs stopped moving when he felt 2 other beings grab and hold them down, both having claws as nearly as sharp as the ones on his head. This only drove him to continue his flailing, attempting to get the pokemon off him. Their claws were beginning to leave bruises as they fought against his resistance.

The leader shook as its victim struggled, cackling in amusement. It looked around from above the Scraggy's head, spotting a bag hanging on his side. It pointed to the bag, causing one of its allies to let go of the struggling victim's leg and climb up to inspect its contents. Mordred attempted to grab the Sableye who tried to get to his bag, but could only grab air. The pitiful attempt only got him more mocking cackles as they continued trying to steal from him.

The Sableye finally got to the bag, shoving its hand inside and trying to grab something. It pulled out a Moonstone, staring at the shiny rock with interest. It got off the Scraggy, giving a cackle at the leader. The Sableye on the Scraggy's head nodded, its mouth turning into an even wider grin before leaning down and swiping its claws at its victim's face. It jumped off, followed by its allies as they began making their escape.

Mordred gave a cry at the swipe, the attacker's claws raking across his face, possibly leaving a mark. He shook his head, before looking up and watching as the three bandits began fleeing towards the caves. He began to chase after them, rage evident on his face. He wasn't going to let them get away with attacking him, especially with one of his items.

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Rainfront (Part I)   The Journey to Rainfront (Part I) EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 5:49 am

The sableye entered Douglas’s cave in a hurry, gleeful laughter written across their features. But the mirth dried up like a puddle in the midday sun when they spotted what they figured must be a demon. A thing unlike any being the thieves had ever set their jewelled eyes upon stood stoic before them. It tilted its head in a form of curiosity and surprise.

Douglas stood before his fire, bathed in the shadow of the flickering flames. His mask appeared to be one of evil, its blue painted features turning up into a menacing and sly grin. The brim of his hat was covering the eyes, as though this beast need not sight to hunt its unfortunate prey. The brand of burning redwood sat comfortably in his right hand, flickering and dancing as though it was impatient for action. The lead sableye, appearing to be guarding a rock to its chest, hissed at Douglas.

They fear me, thought the treasure hunter.

Filled with confidence, the Sandshrew roared like an animal in immense pain, stepping forwards toward the trio, the long burning wood waving in front of him as it steamed orange sparks of combusting tree.

The sableye chattered together, shrinking back from the ethereal stranger in their mist.

Douglas shrieked again, the unearthly song amplified by the surrounding obsidian as it echoed off into the distance. The sableye were thoroughly terrified, screeching to each other in their fright as they fell into a close circle, each set of eyes pinned to the thing they now regarded as the devil itself.

Douglas toyed with possibilities. Though he doubted his charade would hold for long, he figured he should make the most of it. He grunted at the sableye and they clung together as the long brand pointed to the head of the group. Douglas tapped his chest grunting and gesturing again to the leader. The sableye hissed a second time, hiding the stone and clutching it to his breast. Douglas roared in fury, swinging his staff of flame in arcs as embers fell to the ground and split into smaller bursts of fire. The other sableye chirped quickly at their boss as Douglas approached. The leader, his face drawn back in hate, tossed the stone toward the sandshrew.

Picking up the item, Douglas asserted it was a moonstone. Very odd, he would have bet against such a likelihood of one of them showing up here. So much so he would now be very poor should anyone have taken out such an offer. He slipped it into his pack quickly before returning to the trio of ghosts.

Satisfied, the demon roared at the sableye, signalling they were free to go, and had better do so. But then a scraggy stumbled into the firelight, looking badly wounded.

Oh dear.

Last edited by Madcap on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nocive

Nocive

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Rainfront (Part I)   The Journey to Rainfront (Part I) EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 6:12 am

Mordred stomped into the cave, ready to strangle the thieves with his built up rage. His head had 3 fresh gashes from the Sableye's claws, luckily not too deep, but still enough that there was some slight bleeding. The 'pants' that were covering his legs were torn from their claws, revealing more wounds they'd left from the struggle. But he could care less about those wounds right now; he had to take back his Moonstone.

"Give back my Moonstone you thieving little-" He stopped, noticing how the trio of mischievous crooks were cowering together in fear. He looked up, finally noticing a masked figure swinging some sort of flaming staff. A shaman? No, this one was much too small to be one. That, and the mask was designed very differently compared to the ones Mordred had encountered back at his clan. It also didn't have any odd markings or beads and feathers that several shaman seemed to always wear. The Scraggy narrowed his eyes at the pokemon, trying to distinguish the pokemon behind the mask.

"...A Sanshrew?" He finally deduced, taking into account the impostor shaman's round, chubby figure and the odd yellow markings adorning its arms. The Scraggy would've expected to encounter a Sandshrew, seeing how this was a cave and all, but why would one be wearing such an odd mask and waving a flaming stick around? Was this pokemon mental? Were the pokemon in this habitat that crazy from living in darkness for so long? The ridiculous assumption seemed almost reasonable with the display he was experiencing at the moment.

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Rainfront (Part I)   The Journey to Rainfront (Part I) EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 7:34 am

The sableye regarded Douglas closely, slowing deconstructing the disguise now the hint was there.

“Nevah before.” Growled the sandshrew, “Have Ah evah, evah, hated anyone so fast.”

The sableye cackled at their revelation, advancing on the false deity.

“Ah really hate you.” And with these parting words, Douglas bodily flung the brand at the group of dark types, causing them to scatter and giggle with mischievous glee as the treasure hunter bolted back the way the trio had come, making sure to try and push over the scraggy as he passed. Douglas would have liked to watch if he fell, but he could hear the nymphs of darkness on his tail, laughter echoing through the tunnels as the chase was given.

Sandshrews may have looked pudgy by anyone’s standards, but there was a reason for this. As a majority of overland movement, those of the sandmouse family would roll into a ball once sufficient momentum had been reached, converting them into the biological equivalent of a runaway bowling ball. As happened to Douglas, danger occurred in ways that he always thought were not his fault while simultaneously being of the highest order of inconvenient. So, this time, he happened to be in position of a mask, price unquantifiable, that he desperately wanted to keep. Due to this, the sandshrew would not form a full sphere, greatly lowering his overall speed and handling.

Douglas bounced along the obsidian corridors, the echoes of laughter and something about a moonstone close behind. Maybe this day was going to be terrible after all.

Last edited by Madcap on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nocive

Nocive

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Rainfront (Part I)   The Journey to Rainfront (Part I) EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:48 am

“Ah really hate you.”

Mordred raised a brow at the comment, confused as to why he’d say such a thing. “What? but-” He was cut off by suddenly being pushed over, the masked Sandshrew suddenly fleeing from the cave. The Scraggy watched as the pokemon fled, both confused and angered by the gesture. His confusion was answered by a familiar choir of mischievous laughter. The small devil-like bandits began inching towards him, their claws raised in preparation for yet another brutal attack. No wonder the Sandshrew hated his guts. They leap towards him.

The Scraggy reacted just in time, pulling himself off the ground and bolting out of the cave. The Sableye recovered from the miss almost immediately, chasing after the two pokemon. The leader ran in the middle, his two cohorts running a distance on either side of him. They made sure that neither one of the targets would stray far, keeping both at an easy distance to attack at the same time. As much as they enjoyed chasing down terrified victims, they'd much prefer to get business over with. And more importantly, to get their loot.

The wild-goosechase raged on, with all 5 pokemon running through the darkness of the abyss. The three Sableye continued to stay on their targets' tails, eagerly waiting for their chance to attack. The Scraggy was beginning to get tired, and the sting he got from his wounds was definitely not helping. The Sandshrew was a considerable distance ahead, having a head start. But even so, it seemed unstable. It would be a matter of time before they would be caught.

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Rainfront (Part I)   The Journey to Rainfront (Part I) EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 4:03 am

Douglas swore feverishly as he bounced along the corridors, feeling not the slightest secure. It was as though instead of his normal solid marble, Douglas was role playing as a coin attempting to escape a wooper that had dropped its allowance in front of the local store the moment he was completing the transaction on a tasty apple.

Not exactly sure what was happening, the runaway treasure hunter tore through the mountain, small chips of obsidian flicking up behind him, like deadly needles fired from his abrasive skin. Douglas smashed through a thin pillar of glass; its glossy black shards biting into his stony hide as the brittle snap rattled down the inky corridors. Though the damage was negligible, the impact was shocking. While, in general, the sandmouse had little issue in his spherical navigation; it was dark and the cave was unfamiliar. The recent crash reminded Douglas he really had no idea what he was doing.

Having no plan was bad.

Fail to plan, plan to fail as the old adage went. Not that Douglas believed in it, he had many experiences where he just went "balls deep", as he called it, involving only the slightest sense of a plan. This gist was normally of a "get treasure, avoid traps, don't die" element.

But at least with temples housing things like the mask on his face, Douglas still had a handle on it all. He was an experienced collector. But here he was, deep in what he suspected was once an ancient volcano, processing a stolen moonstone while being chased by a trio of blood thirsty nymphs of darkness with the innate ability to meld into intangible darkness. These thoughts were not exactly boosting Douglas' confidence. He couldn't just run forever. He had to think of something soon or-

Oops.

The wall loomed out of the darkness with all the subtleness of a charging bastiodon, Douglas colliding with what he would say would be the same relative feeling. He rebounded from the obsidian, his tight ball unfurling in midair as he flipped away from the impact. The sandshrew landed splayed on his back, all wind remaining in his lungs vacating the premises. This had the effect of reducing Douglas to the equivalent of a four legged fish, gasping without water. A cherubi could have walked up and lifted his wallet. Or, Arceus forbid, his hat and mask. The thought stirred the unfortunate traveller to roll over, painfully climbing to his feet.

Breathing heavily, the sandshrew took in his surroundings. Nothing but an impossibly smooth wall and the way he had come. Douglas determined that while he would enjoy beating the idiot scraggy senseless and then finding out if his pants were actually clothing, he would need his help if he had a smallest chance against the oncoming sableye. Not that he thought he did. Douglas felt his nightslash and fell back against the cave wall. He was still visible to the dark-types, but it would give him an extra second. He wait, his body tired but ready to defend the mask he was wearing with his life.

Last edited by Madcap on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nocive

Nocive

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Rainfront (Part I)   The Journey to Rainfront (Part I) EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:37 am

[EXCUSE THE CRAPPINESS, I WAS VERY LACKING IN SUGAR WHILE I MADE THIS.]

The trio of Sableye continued chasing their targets, a small distance behind the Scraggy. The leader grinned, seeing the fleeing fighting pokemon begin to slow down. The scraggy was beginning to go off the course. The leader looked over to one of his allies, chattering an order while pointing towards the fleeing target. The cohorts nodded, watching as their leader left the formation in order to quickly finish off the other target. The two minions continued after the Sandshrew.

Mordred knew he wouldn't be able to run much longer. He began running towards the more darker areas, shrouding himself in the shadows. He'd have to find a way to fight his attackers, and he didn't want any more pokemon to add to this battle. In the darkness, he could hear the cackling of one of the sableye. He looked around, ready and waiting for the other dark type to approach.

The lone Sableye leapt, claws outstretched at its target. It met with the floor, missing by just an inch. It lifted its head, being greeted by two glinting eyes. It shook its head, before suddenly leaping at the hidden Scraggy. The fighting pokemon grit his teeth as a familiar pair of sharp claws raked across his chest. He tried to attack, but it all was met fruitless due to the Sableye's speed and ghost typing. Normal attacks and his only attack, Low Kick, was not working. Mordred growled, attempting to dodge the Sableye's various attacks. How was he going to beat this pokemon without his attacks!?

DICE REMINDER:

Last edited by Nocive on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey to Rainfront (Part I)   The Journey to Rainfront (Part I) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Journey to Rainfront (Part I)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next