Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

The Wanderer's New Start

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Wanderer's New Start Empty
PostSubject: The Wanderer's New Start   The Wanderer's New Start EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:47 am

Kato was taking a rest after a large hike; sitting back against a small tree while taking in a few slow, uneven breaths. Things were going fine for the Pikachu even if he felt a little lonely since he left home. How long had he been walking? A few hours? A day or two? He did not recall right now, nor if his departure would be met on good terms with anyone else. Did he remember to leave a note explaining his decision for his father to go see the world had to offer after being cast aside for his lifetime? Surely he did, it would foolish not too. Even then, if he had to, would be willing to go back someday? That was something Kato did not have an answer for, no matter how easy it might be to say a simple yes or no.

Was it even a good idea to leave in the first place? That question refused to go away, no matter what. His eyes stared up at the sky. It was clear, not many clouds to be found. The temperature was mildly warm as well. He decided to focus on getting used to this new place over worrying about the past.

“Well, at least the weather’s nice.” he said calmly after a few moments of staring, giving a relaxed smile. His pointed ears folded down as he chuckled in amusement. “Let’s see if anyone’s around...”

Last edited by WarriorNick on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

Poké : 10615

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderer's New Start   The Wanderer's New Start EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:06 am

"You know, I should really get myself a mission now that I signed up..." Nate muttered to himself as he exited his room in the guild, heading out past the bulletin boards and taking a quick glance at them. There were a couple jobs hanging up, giving him a couple different options on what kind of job to start with.
"But on second thought, I'm going to pass for now. I'll get to those later." He continued on mumbling, before turning to the exit and heading outside. He was excited to get to taking some jobs, but he also liked to hang around at times and just rest. Once getting outside, he realized that he had the right idea. It was a pretty good day, no clouds and feeling nice. Walking out of the guild, something caught his attention near a tree. There seemed to be another pikachu hanging out around it, which made Nate smirk. He waved a paw at him as a greeting and debated going to talk to the stranger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderer's New Start   The Wanderer's New Start EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:17 am

Kato's eyes panned around, looking for someone, anyone at all--and then he spotted what seemed to be another Pikachu just a few feet away. Well, that was fast, he thought to himself as Kato attempted to settle down. He had plenty of energy to spare. Now the tricky part, in his mind: actually working up the courage to go talk to strangers. He was a little shy, after all. This was a big deal to him... His mind was made up. He could no longer be isolated from others. A moment of hesitation later, he gave a plain nod towards the other Pikachu to greet back.

Kato started to pad over to this Pikachu, his mind boiling over what to first say. This was insane. A few mumbled breaths only added to the nervousness. Was this the right idea? Sure it was! He just had to be strong and actually do something. At worst, he'd just walk away and never think of this again. It was time... now or never.

Last edited by WarriorNick on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderer's New Start   The Wanderer's New Start EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:32 am

Seeing the other pikachu appear to be slightly indecisive, Nate smirked as the newcomer started to pad over to him, having guessed that he was a bit shy due to his reaction. Deciding to even it up a bit, he walked over to the pikachu and smiled.
"Hey, I haven't seen you around here before. Are you new to the area?" He asked, deciding to start some conversation while being as friendly as possible. Of course, he realized that he probably should have introduced himself first and quickly corrected himself.
"Oh, I'm Nate. What's your name?" He asked, feeling slightly awkward behind all the cheerfulness that he was displaying. It's been a while since I've seen another Pikachu. Probably since I- He started to think, and quickly pushed the thought aside, not wanting it to effect his mood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderer's New Start   The Wanderer's New Start EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:39 am

"And my name's Kato. Nice to meet you, Nate." the words were out before he could think of them in a rather friendlier tone than he expected to use. He felt like he was talking to thin air for a few moments, then it clicked. He was engaging in conversation. Boy, it felt better than he expected. A small chuckle later, he extended his paw out towards Nate.

"Yeah, totally new. I just arrived here like ten minutes ago. I've no idea where things are or who's here or what's going on. You could say I'm from far away." he continued without too much warning, wanting to get his shyness casted aside--which he assumed talking more would cure it. The mere thought of that made him a little nervous, though. Or maybe it was the idea of seeing another male Pikachu? He wasn't sure only that so far things weren't imploding in on himself yet.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderer's New Start   The Wanderer's New Start EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 8:53 pm

"Well likewise, Kato." He responded, and held his own paw out, shaking Kato's without any hesitation. Truth be told, despite what it reminded him of, he was a bit happy at seeing another pikachu around the area. There were plenty of other great pokemon he had met in the area, but he couldn't help but feel a slight tinge of homesickness.
"If you're that new, then I guess I could show you around the area if you wanted. I haven't been here for too long, but hey, it's better then no tour whatsoever." Nate suggested, glancing back at the guild for a moment before looking in the direction of the rest of the town. Honestly, he hadn't taken much time to go around town, but he figured Kato didn't need to know that part in particular.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderer's New Start   The Wanderer's New Start EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:12 pm

"That'd be okay, sure. I'd like a tour of the place and what's got to offer." Kato replied, lowering his paw after asking Nate's. Hearing him say that was a little silly, but it paid to be honest. His head tilted over to where Nate glanced at for the moment. Was that a guild of some kind? The question lost its way in his mind as he tried a small smile. There was time to worry later. He had to admit being here was a little unsettling, but that might pass eventually. After a small, careful exhale, his ears perked down. "You can lead, I'll follow and listen."
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderer's New Start   The Wanderer's New Start EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:31 am

Nate looked back at Kato and noticed that he seemed a little bit nervous or anxious, he couldn't tell, but figured it was just because he was in a new area. He must be pretty shy compared to when I got here. Then again, I shouldn't compare. I wasn't exactly new to the idea to travelling, who knows what background he came from? he thought to himself as he returned the smile and looked back at the guild.
"Well, we might as well start right here. This building is the guild building, headquarters for the guildmaster and recruits. It also has a nifty bulletin board with jobs on it for pokemon to take. Of course, if you would rather go out adventuring without a guild then you can always just head on out and explore." He explained, and chuckled a little bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderer's New Start   The Wanderer's New Start EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:46 am

Kato nodded a little, making a few mental notes for later reference. A guild, huh? That seemed all right in his book. his paws rubbed together as the next set of info sank in. There were jobs to do? A guild for living in, too? That seemed too real to believe, yet here it was--right in front of him within reach. That might interest him after all. He dreamed of helping others out. When his tail flicked aside, that was when he glanced over at Nate, his mind ready to process more info on their location.

"Cool. Being in a guild must have some advantages compared to being freelance, and jobs sound fun to investigate! All right, so what else is here then?" his tone was carefully controlled, in a tense, curious manner. His excitement, however, was displayed in his eyes, glistering in the sun.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderer's New Start   The Wanderer's New Start EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:36 am

"Yeah, if you're not one for doing things on your own then the guild is definitely a good place to stay. Even if you don't sign up with a group, there are plenty of other teams around that you might be able to collaborate with. Of course you would have to split the rewards, so there's always that." Nate continued to say, and decided to get on with the rest of the tour.
"Well, there's the rest of the town nearby that I can show you if you haven't already been there. There are plenty of things around there for you to check out." He added, and started to walk in the direction town was, waiting to see if Kato was following him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderer's New Start   The Wanderer's New Start EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:48 am

Kato paused for a few moments as he followed Nate, giving a faint nod to process what the fellow Pikachu was saying. "Yeah, let's go to town. Might as well see everything we can."

As he followed, he thought about what Nate was saying. To be honest, given his past isolation, he wondered what working with a team would be like, actually cooperating with someone. Yes, there might be a few drawbacks and responsibilities to tend to, but maybe that was part of the deal. The more Kato thought about it, the more interesting it all seemed. But would he be willing to make such a commitment, and so soon, for that matter? Thinking about, if fighting was involved, then things got even got even more complicated. He chuckled a little, wanting to cross that bridge when he got there. He might still have a question or two regarding the matter as well--and he wanted to get to know Nate. Might as well knock out two pidgeys with one stone.

"On our way there, I did wonder a thing or two. How many mons are teams normally consisted of? And do you have a team, Nate? Just assuming so."
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderer's New Start   The Wanderer's New Start EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:18 pm

Nate looked up in thought as he headed towards town, thinking about how to answer. "Well, teams can be just about any number up to four maybe, not sure about that part, when they join the guild. But you can join with any number, though the popular number seems to be two. And your assumptions is correct, I do have a team. I joined up with just me though, and I don't have any partners yet." He answered, shrugging to show that he didn't particularly care that he was on his own at the guild. He knew some of the other members of other teams, and that was enough for him.
"Are you looking for anything specifically in town, or just checking around?" He asked Kato, wondering what to show him first since he hadn't really been someone's guide before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderer's New Start   The Wanderer's New Start EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:00 am

Kato figured that was the response he was going to get, and quickly nodded his head after processing that. He took a few deep breaths as he thought over his options, and Nate did share an interesting tidbit, too. He noticed the other shrugging for a moment, but he didn't seem to mind. What he did mind, however, was the delay in responding. It felt that was rude, so he was quickly thought hard about his word choice before breaking the small silence.

"I thought so... I don't have any partners either, so we're in the same boat, Nate. I don't know what I'm looking for here at the moment. Maybe that'll change shortly. I have no way of knowing yet." his voice croaked. What was he getting at? His ears perked, as if interested and worried at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderer's New Start   The Wanderer's New Start Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wanderer's New Start
Page 1 of 1