Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Proving Ground

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

Poké : 5780

Proving Ground - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Proving Ground   Proving Ground - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 1:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Osiris had pre-gamed this particular adventure with ice cream and love.

Well, maybe not love, but hot dang it if he didn't really like this sylveon tagging along with him to Shadowhue this evening. Maybe it was the infatuation with his temporary dungeon buddy, maybe it was the ice cream, or maybe it was the encroaching desire and need to prove himself to someone who just got it, but the dratini was particularly jittery tonight. He felt high-strung and metaphorically coiled, really to lash out and spring at the first chance to show off what he was all about. And they hadn't even gotten to where they were going yet; The coolest dungeon around town (by default, really.)

Shadowhue Forest was always somewhere that Osiris wanted to go. Like everyone else, he'd been to Pecha and played around for a bit, pretending to train like all the other kids, when really he just wanted to feel like he was on a real adventure. Shadowhue kind of was that adventure, at least in terms of atmosphere and...well, he assumed it would be a tougher dungeon to run through. Maybe not tonight though. Tonight, he had himself a killer partner in the form of a fun-loving, adventurous sylveon who was all too happy to take some time out of her day to mess around in some spooky woods with a kid she just met.

"You said you'd been here before, right?" Osiris said over his shoulder. "What kindsa stuff do you usually run into? Ghost-types probably, yeah?"

Proving Ground - Page 2 KsAAiwH Proving Ground - Page 2 WtAKnyp
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Head Secretary, Moderator & Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 12:53 am

"N-no!" came the immediate, defensive response of the sword, "It's... I mean, it's how I get nutrients but no!" It didn't take a genius to tell it was flustered, which Geo found curious because she'd never seen a sword before, let alone a talking sword with emotions and stuff.

She wanted to know more about this strange item. "So... how do you eat?" she questioned, curious as to how this thing survived. If it was alive, it had to eat, right?

"Weren't you listening? I can siphon energy and nutrients through the cloth," the sword clarified in a somewhat condescending manner, waving the cloth around a bit as it spoke.

Geo blinked and looked down at the ground in contemplation... then to Osiris, then back to the sword. After careful deliberation, she responded, "...Like... a mouth-"

"SHUT UP!" the sword exclaimed as it tried to reach aggressively for the sylveon with its cloth. She was a safe distance away and couldn't help but giggle at the gesture; it was kind of endearing.

(Geo: 22 energy)
Aiga: 9 energy)

Character Records

Oh yeah, and I dabble in pixel art.  If you're interested, check out my shop.

>And now for a bit about myself.<
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 1:08 am

Osiris laughed easily and freely at the conversation. It felt nice now that all of the tension and uncertainty was gone from the situation, and for all intents and purposes, they were just getting to know this strange, talking sword. It seemed like the prim, proud type of personality, the kind of kid at school that was fun to poke fun at and watch get all flustered.

"You totally just tried to eat me," he said lightly, not accusatorily. Vaguely teasing, yes, but he was also just reaffirming the fact to himself—it wasn't the jump that had him feeling wiped, but the sword. He slithered a bit closer to the blade, mystified against his better judgment. "Or, well, steal my nutrients, same thing. I guess I do feel kinda sapped.

"...did I taste good?" Iris asked a moment later, a silly little grin pasted on his snout.

Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 3:58 am

"No!" came the sword's immediate and incredibly defensive response. It was clearly flustered at the question, but quickly tried to change its tune upon realizing how obvious it was being.

Geo, for one, just couldn't help but laugh. She knew it was rude but she couldn't help it. As fascinated as she was with the supposed super special sword, there was also something just adorable about how it reacted to even mild teasing.

"Sh-shut up!" the sword barked. "It's not like that, I told you! I don't... taste, really. Not like you at least. But... you do have a lot of energy."

As the blade calmed down a bit, so did the sylveon. "Well, are you gonna be okay?" she questioned, wanting to make sure that it didn't need anything else. Sure, it had technically tried to assault them a little bit, but it seemed like a very nice sword.

"...Yes," it murmured.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 4:35 am

"I mean, we can drop you off at a museum or something if you want," Osiris offered, not quite sure if he just wanted to leave a thinking, feeling, talking sword on the forest floor to - die? "So you don't get stuck like that again, however that happened." he went on, blinking as his brain caught up with his mouth.

How did that happen? Maybe an aipom or something got a hold of it and lost the blade mid-swing from branch to branch, he thought. Or perhaps it had a disagreement with whoever had it before and they threw it up a tree to technically... starve to death. Huh. That was a morbid thought.

"Or I guess you could have a little bit more, if you're still hungry. I don't mind sharing if you don't, uh, eat too much." he heard himself offering as soon he realized the blade probably hadn't eaten in a while. "I'm not missing any part of my tail, right? Yeah, no, I'm in one piece. Whaddya think?"

Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 5:06 am

The blade fell silent in contemplation at the offer, clearly considering it. Geo took this as her cue and spoke up: "Yeah, or you can do me this time." She didn't know how dangerous this was, but Osiris had already given... energy? She figured now it was her turn.

"No, I'm fine..." the sword responded to both of them, "But... where are you two going? Maybe you could take me with you? For a while, at least. I can't exactly move much on my own, and it'd be convenient if I didn't have to wait for someone else to come along." It worded the request like it wasn't a big deal, but it seemed like it was trying to hide some excitement.

Geo had to restrain herself from agreeing without first seeing what her companion wanted to do. She looked to the dratini curiously, wondering what he thought about this. The sylveon thought traveling with a mysterious magic talking sword sounded really cool, personally, and maybe it'd make their little adventure look that much more exciting. Plus they'd have a really cool story to tell and they'd be helping someone out, so she didn't see a reason not to. Nonetheless, she waited for a response from Osiris, just in case he had another take on it.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 4:43 pm

Osiris caught Geo's eye when she looked at him and saw no form of disapproval. That in and of itself was enough reason for him to say it was cool with him; The sword was cool, Geo seemed okay with it, and it was the right thing to do.

"Two's a crowd but three's a party," the dratini agreed easily. "Sounds like fun to me, uh, Sterling Sword. You mind if I just call you Sterlie or something?"

Iris shook himself, working out the kinks and aches left over from his little Extremespeed misadventure. He felt a little tired and a little sore, but by no means was he counting himself out of this adventure yet. Maybe Sterlie could even help out with its cloth mouth absorby thing and sap the energy from bad pokemon they run into. Or, like, slice them up as swords do. That'd be cool.

Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 4:35 am

"Uh... sure!" came the sword's almost immediate response. It seemed excited at the nickname, or maybe just at being allowed to tag along.

Geo stared at Sterlie for a moment, waiting for it to move, before remembering it had literally just said it... couldn't. "Uh... you... want me to carry you?" she offered, figuring she would have to be the one to do that since Iris had already kind of tried once and hadn't done too well.

"Well someone needs to," Sterlie responded in a very matter-of-fact manner.

"Alright... unless you want to," the sylveon continued jokingly with a look in the dratini's direction, assuming he wouldn't.

Of course there was the possibility Osiris would now try just to prove himself. Part of Geo hoped he would try just because it sounded like it'd be funny, but she also just didn't want to assume he wasn't interested in trying.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 7:04 am

"All you, cap'n," Osiris grinned in good humor after noticing Geo glance at him. He had learned his lesson last time he tried to snatch up the blade. "I would, but I don't get hands until like... forever. You got those feeler thingies, right?" he went on, knowing full well she could manage with them.

Well, probably. She was able to save herself from falling down a tree and presumably, she said she used to climb in this forest, so he had to imagine the feelers were strong enough to carry a sword. If not, then one of them was going to have to bite onto the blade and deal with that for the entirety of their adventure.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Proving Ground
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Just Outside Grassveil's Boundaries :: Shadowhue Forest-
Jump to: