Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Proving Ground

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

Poké : 5990

Proving Ground Empty
PostSubject: Proving Ground   Proving Ground EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 9:24 am

Osiris had pre-gamed this particular adventure with ice cream and love.

Well, maybe not love, but hot dang it if he didn't really like this sylveon tagging along with him to Shadowhue this evening. Maybe it was the infatuation with his temporary dungeon buddy, maybe it was the ice cream, or maybe it was the encroaching desire and need to prove himself to someone who just got it, but the dratini was particularly jittery tonight. He felt high-strung and metaphorically coiled, really to lash out and spring at the first chance to show off what he was all about. And they hadn't even gotten to where they were going yet; The coolest dungeon around town (by default, really.)

Shadowhue Forest was always somewhere that Osiris wanted to go. Like everyone else, he'd been to Pecha and played around for a bit, pretending to train like all the other kids, when really he just wanted to feel like he was on a real adventure. Shadowhue kind of was that adventure, at least in terms of atmosphere and...well, he assumed it would be a tougher dungeon to run through. Maybe not tonight though. Tonight, he had himself a killer partner in the form of a fun-loving, adventurous sylveon who was all too happy to take some time out of her day to mess around in some spooky woods with a kid she just met.

"You said you'd been here before, right?" Osiris said over his shoulder. "What kindsa stuff do you usually run into? Ghost-types probably, yeah?"
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

Proving Ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 11:05 am

Geo could still remember Shadowhue; the most noteworthy experience she'd had there was actually shortly after she'd evolved, and she recalled it being quite fun. She could only hope it was just as edgy and exciting as before... although maybe with a bit less tentacle assault. Apparently Osiris hadn't been fortunate enough to have had his own experience here yet, and she could only hope his would be as pleasurable as hers. Also with less tentacle assault.

She wondered if she should leave that part out.

"You'd think so, but actually not really. It was... kind of a lot like Pecha Forest? Except darker, and with a few stronger pokémon here and there."

She paused as she mulled over just how forthright she wanted to be about her own experience. In the end, she decided she felt no shame.

"It was fun though, other than some bondage trouble and the guy I was with almost breaking his neck."

Wait no.

"I-I uh, I mean, that came out kind of wrong! Totally separate things! I was climbing trees and he tried to follow me and um... well, I mean... I guess he was there for the other thing too, but he didn't have anything to do with me getting attacked. Actually he helped me. A lot."

In hindsight the sylveon wondered how well she would have done in this place on her own. She turned away and tried to hide the embarrassment on her face, but that didn't last long before she got over it. She was stronger now and probably had nothing to worry about; plus she had Osiris with her! If they got into any trouble, they'd just cross that bridge when they got there.
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

Proving Ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 11:33 am

Osiris had figured that Shadowhue was significantly more dangerous than Pecha, but Geo made it sound...dangerous. Getting attacked was probably a common occurrence in a mystery dungeon, but being inside of one and hearing someone recount their own experience kind of put it into perspective. Especially when that someone is a super stealthy evolved pokemon who trains on her own and also scared the crap out of you the first time you met.

If Geo needed help in this dungeon, how bad was he going to do?

"Oh. Uh. That's good?" Osiris ventured a little uncertainly. "The help part, not the, erm, getting attacked part... or the other part." The dratini closed his eyes for a minute and exhaled. Act grown-up, you stupid noodle. "Did you know the guy? That's a heck of a way to make a first impression."

It probably wasn't a good idea to count on someone stepping in to save them if they got into trouble this time around. It'd be nice if some strong pokemon had the time to sort of chaperone them, but on the other hand, it'd be pretty sick if they could do swoop in and save the day for someone else. Osiris had never been a hero before, but he liked the idea of being one side-by-side with Geo.

He just hoped she didn't take him for more of a sidekick.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Proving Ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 1:14 pm

"Oh, not really," Geo simply responded to the question. She did not, in fact, know the guy.

"Some glaceon named Sova. Seems like a lot of people around Grassveil know him. Guess he gets around, haha," she continued to elaborate on what little she could. In truth she really didn't know him well, except that he was a lot stronger than her, and he was nice but seemed like he had some issues.

But he wouldn't be here this time, and it wasn't as if the sylveon had never gone anywhere or done anything on her own. Actually, the whole reason she'd come here in the first place was to train. By herself. She was just about to voice this reassurance, perhaps more for herself than her new friend, when she suddenly heard something from above.

"Hello?"

Geo looked up, and hanging from a tree overhead she saw... a... sword? It looked to be caught on a branch pretty high up by some cloth attached to its hilt. She turned toward Osiris with silent, questioning confusion on her face, looking for verification that he'd also heard the voice and she was not crazy.
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

Proving Ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 10:09 pm

Glaceon. Another eevee evolution, he was pretty sure. Iris hoped that this wasn't the start of a trend in his life, but something vaguely cosmic told him that this was probably just the beginning and that he should make peace with it while he still had the pretense of being a willing participant.

The dratini had just been about to say something in response when a voice cut in from overhead, and in tandem, he glanced up and saw a sword hanging from a tree. Osiris raised up a little bit, looking about and around the lonely blade, but he saw no pokemon who could have spoken. Osiris turned and met Geo's confused expression with one of his own, shuffling in a poor imitation of a shrug in a way that only a tiny small pathetic noodle could.

"I dunno," he mumbled quietly. He glanced to his left and his right, but again, there was no one to be found. It was just him, Geo, and a sword in a tree.

"...Hi?" Iris called back hesitantly. It felt like he was taking the bait for some kind of prank, but maybe it was the sword talking. There were stranger things...probably.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Proving Ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 1:55 am

Geo wasn't entirely sure how it would be appropriate to respond to the unknown voice, but Osiris was on it first anyway so it didn't matter. The dratini called out, and then there was a moment of silence. It was a long and confusing pause, despite really only being a few seconds. Then the voice spoke again.

"Hey... would you mind getting me down?"

...Down? Like, from the tree? That's definitely where the voice was coming from, but all Geo could see was the sword. It was probably theirs, she assumed, and she would have to climb the tree to find the owner.

"Uh... sure," she responded, glancing at the dratini beside her in search of confirmation. She doubted he would be able to climb like she could, so this sounded like something she should do. Still, she wanted to make sure he didn't have any input first.
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

Proving Ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 2:38 am

Osiris' snout scrunched up in frustration. If he were a less lame dragon-type, he might be able to climb. Or knock the whole rotten tree down and just pick the sword up. Heck, even if he was just a dragonair, he'd be able to fly right up and take care of it. As he was, though, Iris knew dang well that he couldn't climb a tree.

He shot Geo a look that communicated as much, looking at her, then the tree, then himself, then back at her with a dubious expression. She said she had experience doing this kind of thing before, right? When she almost made a guy break his neck while he was following her? Maybe she could swing this one. If not...

"I could maybe shake it loose with a Twister or three—it's a move I know," he said to her uncertainly. "But I might break it or mess it up. If you think you can climb up and get it down safely, that's a lot simpler."
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Proving Ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 3:43 am

Geo looked between Osiris and the tree as she debated the best way to get up there. It wasn't hard to decide that getting it down with a twister would be a bad idea though. "You'd probably knock whoever's up there with it down too, so... yeeeeah maybe let me try first," she responded before stepping closer to the trunk of the tree and trailing her gaze up it. She could probably handle this... and she'd be able to show off a little too!

The sylveon stepped back to get a running start, then rushed forward as fast as she could. She jumped as she neared the trunk of the tree and ran along it for a few steps; then, as she felt her body leaning back from gravity decisively deciding she was not allowed to run sideways, she jumped off of the trunk. In the end she gained enough air doing this to just barely grab onto a low-hanging branch with her feelers, after which she pulled herself up and began properly climbing. It wasn't too big of a tree, not like some of the ones she'd seen in the depths of Shadowhue, so it was fairly easy.

The branch with the sword hanging from it wasn't too high up either, so it didn't take long at all for Geo to get to it. But something was confusing her: she had assumed she just couldn't see whoever was stuck up here through the leaves, but she was now actively looking for them and still didn't see anything. Well, first and foremost, she decided to get the sword down... then she'd try to figure everything else out. She made her way across the branch toward the weapon with ease thanks to all her practice climbing trees, balancing on it like a tightrope, and lowered some of her feelers to unhook the cloth that had been stuck to the wood.

"Thank you, kind travelers! I am-"

Suddenly the sword began to talk, causing Geo to yelp in surprise and nearly fall off the branch as she tried to recoil away. She managed to catch herself with her front paws and feelers, but this shook the branch enough to knock the sword loose, causing it to fall.

"NO WAIT HELP!!" the sword exclaimed in reaction as it was released from the clutches of the vile tree.

Unfortunately, Geo was in no place to do any such thing with how she was currently struggling not to fall as well. "Talking sword, catch it!" she shouted down to Osiris, hoping he could somehow do something.
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

Proving Ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 4:28 am

Iris didn't have the luxury of thinking about what he should do (not that he'd use it if he had it), so at the sound of Geo's urgent shout, he simply did what felt natural. The dratini coiled his body tight like a spring, drawn tense and taut against the ground, before blasting off in a burst of Extremespeed. His surroundings blurred behind him as he shot forward into the air, launching himself like a missile at a sharp, flying blade in the hopes of... catching it.

This probably wasn't his greatest idea.

Osiris flashed into the air, his stomach flopping and insides twisting as his long, narrow, very sword-susceptible serpentine body rose up to meet the blade. It took every ounce of athleticism, nerve, and sheer dumb luck he had not to skewer himself and instead aim for the handle of the weapon. His jaw clamped down hard on its metal hilt, and just like that, all of his momentum went out the window.

Iris hadn't quite met the apex of his jump, but the weight of the object in his maw and the rate with which it was falling outstripped his fading speed, and he began to fall to the ground right with the talking sword. Perhaps the only saving grace of this was that the sword wouldn't hit the ground quite as hard as it would have had he just let it fall, but in return, he had to stomach looking like quite the idiot. He smacked against the dirt soil longways, the hilt of the blade clanging against his fangs, tongue, and everything inside his mouth in general.

The dratini dropped it almost immediately, writhing around in pain for a few moments. "I fink I bit my thounge," he whined, pressing his snout into the dirt as if it would alleviate the pain in his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Proving Ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 5:06 am

The sword smacked into the ground at an awkward angle thanks to being disturbed by a dratini latching onto it. There was a bit of a metallic clang, then silence from the blade... and then it spoke again.

"Ow..."

Geo, for one, wanted to hear more from this mysterious talking object. Was it a pokémon? Could pokémon be swords?? She had no idea. "Are you okay?" she called out to Osiris but also to the apparently living weapon as she made her way back down the tree. Honestly she'd just told him to catch it out of sheer panic, but she didn't actually think he would. Aside from how obviously dangerous it was, it had also been pretty cool. Or at least, it was cool for a second.

As the sylveon made her way back down the tree, the cloth attached to the sword began to move... It was slight at first and could have easily been mistaken for the wind... and then all at once the cloth lunged at the nearby dratini in an attempt to wrap around whatever part of him it could grab onto.
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

Proving Ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 5:20 am

Osiris kept writhing around on the forest floor, grinding his nose against the ground as he waited for the throbbing pain in his tongue to subside. Thankfully, the pain began to fade almost immediately, but it seemed to be the start of a slow process. He raised his head up a few inches, turning to face Geo, who was nice enough to start the process of climbing down to check on him. "Ugh, yeah," Osiris groaned, blinking the dust out of his eyes and shaking himself out. "I botched the landing, but I'm ooOHH NO IT WAS A TRAP AFTER ALL!!"

In the middle of his reassurance to Geo, he felt something soft and strange grab hold and wrap around a healthy portion of his tail, and so the dratini immediately scurried toward Geo's general direction as if to take shelter behind or under her. He didn't manage to dislodge whatever it was that got a hold of him in his hasty retreat, though, and he felt his lengthy, straightforward body get stretched out to its limit. Whether or not he managed to pull the sword latching onto him toward salvation, he tried his damndest to meet Geo at the base of the tree.

"Get it off, get it off before it eats me, please," he blabbered, eyes wide and voice tremulous.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Proving Ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 6:11 am

Geo began to rush a bit more as she heard her friend's cries for help. She looked down to see that the sword had latched itself onto him for some reason, and he looked like he was having trouble getting away from it. He was dragging it closer to the tree though... and this gave the sylveon an idea. A stupid idea, but stupid ideas happened to be what she was good at! If it was alive like some kind of pokémon or something, then she could hurt it, right?

Without much more thought, she lowered herself to the lowest branch she could find... and then jumped. Iris had dragged the sword close enough for her to land right on it, and she stamped her front paws against it as she landed in the most brutal tackle she could muster. Immediately she regretted this decision as pain shot through her legs from jumping out of a tree and landing on metal, causing her to stumble away and fall onto her backside. "Ow, ow, ow, that hurts, ow," she whined to herself as she lifted her front paws off the ground and tried to gently shake the pain away.

Fortunately, it was enough to make the sword release its victim with a high-pitched yipe. "AKH!!" it screeched in a metallic, unnatural voice. "Sorry, sorry, it's an impulse! I mean no harm!"
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

Proving Ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 6:21 am

"Impulse?! What kinda sword tries to—to..." Osiris had scurried free as soon as he felt the cloth grip loosen on him, turning to round on the sword. He'd wound himself up for a bit of a tirade, but soon after he got started, his breath left him. The dratini blinked a few times, feeling suddenly sluggish as the adrenaline faded from his system. "Oh, man... that jump took more outta me than I thought," he finished, his speech a little lethargic. He felt drained, listless, a bit weak, and maybe even a little hungry.

"Are you okay? Is everybody okay?" Iris asked in disbelief after a moment of thought, taking stock of the situation. Geo, on the ground, shaking the pain out of her paws. The sword, who tries to eat pokemon on impulse, and him, wishing he had gotten some of that ice-cream to go. "Wait, it's really you talking?" he said, raising himself up a bit and staring down at the sword curiously, his indignant feelings forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Proving Ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 6:42 am

Geo was also wondering what kind of impulse makes someone... do whatever that was, and she may have been inclined to ask if not for the pain pulsing in her legs. "Yeah, I'm good..." she responded when asked about her well-being, though her pouty tone of voice betrayed her. Not like it was the worst she'd ever hurt herself though.

"I'm fine as well... and yes, I am talking," the blade responded, then took a moment to seemingly collect itself before continuing. "Ahem... I am the Sterling Sword, Tool of the Forces of Good, Slayer of Evil, Defender of Light! I am a powerful weapon meant for the Chosen One, and it is my duty to find and serve them!"

The sword then went silent, clearly expecting some kind of response. Geo opened her mouth to say something, but simply couldn't figure out the correct words after all that... And then she noticed something peculiar about the sword. "Do you... is that an eye?" she questioned, noticing what appeared to be an eye on the hilt.

"YES, of course! How else would I see!?" the sword responded loudly. At this point it was becoming clear that it enjoyed shouting.
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

Proving Ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 6:58 am

23 - 10 (entry): 13 energy

"Huh," Osiris exclaimed, his interest fully piqued and strong enough that Geo's slightly petulant tone didn't stick out like a sore thumb to him. A real talking sword, with an eyeball and everything! "It does look pretty real." he echoed, slithering around the blade on the ground as he looked at it from a few different angles.

He wondered if it had an eyelid for its eye, or if he stared long enough at it if it'd blink back at him. Probably, if it had had an eyelid, but the alternative would be that it was a staring contest champion by nature. Had this sword been stuck staring at trees in the forest for as long as it had been tangled up there?

Something else occurred to him as he studied it, though, that had him reel back slightly. "Oh god," he said, his voice raised and a bit panicky. "Is that cloth thing your mouth?" he asked.

the sunset hero carried out 10 launched of one Shadowhue Forest :
Proving Ground Ehq01DP , Proving Ground DiBuFAd , Proving Ground YN4qD3x , Proving Ground QfHz1GB , Proving Ground QfHz1GB , Proving Ground 2rntvDa , Proving Ground DcEpsRT , Proving Ground HqwuLie , Proving Ground Sb4EMTq , Proving Ground L4KtVu7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Proving Ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proving Ground   Proving Ground Empty

Back to top Go down

Proving Ground
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next