Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Two Children Bond over Robbery

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mada

Mada

Poké : 6885

Two Children Bond over Robbery Empty
PostSubject: Two Children Bond over Robbery   Two Children Bond over Robbery EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 1:15 am

A jigglypuff lay on a patch of grassy ground in the middle of Grassveil, feeling quite sorry for herself for no apparent reason. She stared up at the Sky, with next to nothing to do. Not that she wanted to do anything anyways. Whenever she tried to do something special, things tended to go wrong. And when things went wrong for her, they really went wrong. She didn't want to bother with complicated emotions on this particular day, so instead, she lay on the ground. It was a somewhat hot summer morning, a light breeze fortunately dampening the heat that surely would've been otherwise overbearing.

Alki sighed. Most other kids would be hanging out with someone else, enjoying their day. Darcy had offered, but Alki had insisted that she wanted to be alone. She hated to lie so often to her sister, and Darcy always being so nice to her didn't help matters. She wanted to avoid Darcy for now... She'd talk with Synd'r, and see if she could figure something out, but... her guilt always felt so explosive . She'd been adopted into their family, and she felt like she was betraying them quite often and...

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." she cried out, loudly at first, attracting a few glares from passersby, before her volume decreased, and she flipped over onto her stomach, facing the ground. Those thoughts made her feel like garbage. She hated feeling like garbage, even if she deserved that feeling... Alki discarded her guild bag and tossed it about a meter away from herself. She didn't care... She just wanted to lay there forever and never get up, and by extension, never have to worry about these complicated things again...

My Character Records! ^_^

I am a slow learner, a stressed out high schooler, and a very impulsive person. Please have a bit of patience with me.

"Seeing is believing, and all I'm saying is, I've never seen George Washington." -A classmate
Back to top Go down
Scypho

Scypho

Poké : 2265

PostSubject: Re: Two Children Bond over Robbery   Two Children Bond over Robbery EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 4:06 pm

"Ahhh, what lovely weather!"

The generic comment on the weather had been made by a seedot, as he came walking with a relaxed look in his eyes. The appearance of his species put limits on their ability to emote, but that look was sufficient to show that he was content. Hanging from a strap around his acorn-shaped body was a near-empty backpack. Which had been full earlier, actually. Leander had just come from his mother's house, where he had stayed overnight on a visit. His backpack had held various cooking ingredients, which they had used for a small cooking marathon. Well, his mother had, at least. For now, he could only really watch, what with him lacking arms and all that. But there was learning in watching, too, so it had been fun for him even if he could not join in. And now that it was all over, he was embarking on the journey home full and comfortable. Today seemed like it would be a good day even if he would have to walk a lot.

While close to the center of the town, however, the nut abruptly stopped walking. Was that a scream just now? He looked to the left, having determined it to have come from there. Behind some fences and a small house built out of logs, there was a patch of lush, green grass. And in the midst of it, a pink speckle. After walking a little closer to the grass, Leander could tell that this pink blob, seemingly a jigglypuff, lay on the ground face-down. Between him and the balloon, a bag was splayed out in a similar fashion. Concerned, he carefully closed in on the collapsed pokémon, stopping half a meter or so away from her bag.

She didn't seem hurt. No visible injuries, diseases or.... wait a second. There was something behind her ear. And it certainly wasn't a coin. A red feather! I knew there was something familiar about her! It seemed like all of his encounters with Alki were preceded by screams. Perhaps she just screamed a lot. He moved closer until he stood next to her discarded bag, feeling more comfortable with getting closer now that he was aware it was a pokémon he knew."Alki? You okay?" he asked, his tone gentle and somewhat quiet. The last time he had asked someone something like that, they too had screamed. It was best not to repeat the mistake and startle more people, so he tried to sound as non-threatening as possible when saying that. After asking, he also shot the bag a few more glances.

Code reminder:

Two Children Bond over Robbery Spr_5b_273
Records | Art shop
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Two Children Bond over Robbery   Two Children Bond over Robbery EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 1:44 pm

"I dunno." Alki said truthfully, responding to a voice she didn't yet recognize. Her own voice was somewhat muffled by her current position. She'd asked herself that on quite a few occasions, and while every time the answer was different depending on her mood, that was the truth. Every time she found herself in moments like this, by herself, with no immediate catastrophe weighing her down, Alki always came to the same conclusion, every single time. She didn't know... "Ugh..." Alki flipped over onto her back, looking up at a familiar Seedot.

She blushed. This was awkward. Someone she knew had heard her scream? People always said it was a small world, but just how small was it? And why did this small world seem so intent on making a fool out of her? "D-Did you... U-Uh... Hear me?" She asked quietly, mortified at the prospect of him having heard her scream. Again. Had she been particularly loud? She hoped not...

I am a slow learner, a stressed out high schooler, and a very impulsive person. Please have a bit of patience with me.

"Seeing is believing, and all I'm saying is, I've never seen George Washington." -A classmate
Back to top Go down
Scypho

Scypho

PostSubject: Re: Two Children Bond over Robbery   Two Children Bond over Robbery EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 5:18 pm

"I dunno."

Well, that was rarely a promising answer. By now, Leander had figured that something was wrong, although it was not a physical problem. Things could be wrong in someone's head too, as well. He had experienced periods where he too had felt hurt or wrong despite everything about him physically being a-okay, like when he first had moved in with Eleanore in Grassveil right after his biological parents had been arrested. He had acted more spiteful and disruptive rather than empty, though. But it could still be the same thing, or something related to it.

Or y'know, she could just be having a bad day. He supposed he should try checking if that were the case before going full-on worrywart over her mental health. The fact that something could be that wrong did not neccessarily mean that it was. And he didn't mind talking to the small fairy a little extra to find out, after all.

Clear, blue eyes were pointed at him as the normal-type rolled over on her back. Although they were far from beaming with glee, he found them quite endearing. It seemed that pokémon like jigglypuff would never cease being cute to him, no matter their current condition. If anything, her forlorn demeanour was just making him feel more sympathy for her. Poor thing was laying on the ground screaming, for Arceus' sake! That was not the way it should be.

Her cheeks began reddening soon after she looked at him, causing a brief, puzzled look to cover the seedot's eyes before she finally launched her question: had he heard her scream? Now, had he? I suppose it's not neccessary for me to have heard it. Especially if she's embarrassed about it, he decided. He sat down, wiggling his feet and giving her a false look of confusion. "Hear what? Did I miss something you said?" One of his feet accidentally brushed against the bag as he spoke. Personally, he wouldn't have left his belongings unguarded while burrowing his face in the grass. But then again, he probably wouldn't burrow his face in the grass to begin with. It would be too easy for someone less than honest to just grab it and take off.

Hell, even I could if I wanted to. If she's paying so little attention today, then- Deliberately, he cut that thought short.

He kept his eyes pinned on Alki, worried he would get more stupid ideas if he paid the bag any more attention. No, he was definitely not taking it. Not from Alki of all pokémon.

Code reminder:

Records | Art shop
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Two Children Bond over Robbery   Two Children Bond over Robbery EmptyFri May 24, 2019 5:00 pm

Alki felt quite out of place there, on the small patch of grass in the middle of Grassveil town. There were perfectly fine people there, clearly, and the Seedot seemed to be among those people. He even seemed to lie for her sake. After all, she'd screamed quite loudly, hadn't she? Oh, Arceus, that was embarrassing... Alki's ears drooped as the Seedot claimed that he hadn't heard anything. But if he was close enough to have seen her and noticed her, then he was close enough to have heard her... At least, that seemed likely in Alki's mind.

The hot summer sun seemed over bearing on the grass, and despite the slight discomfort the balloon pokemon was going through, she didn't bother to lift herself up to her feet, move, or otherwise do anything to help her current situation. Instead, Alki simply rolled back onto the hot, prickly grass and burrowed her face in the ground once more. It seemed to be all that she felt like doing recently... If she could, Alki'd like to just hide in the Phantom Thieves hide out and never leave. It was perfect! Dark and often-times lonely, and she could probably find something to do... but Darcy would probably wonder why her sister vanished off the face of the earth... and knowing Synd'r, she'd probably be worried too...

"It's ok..." was all Alki managed to say before falling silent once more, her eyes closed atop the patch of grass she couldn't seem to remove herself from.

Back to top Go down
Scypho

Scypho

PostSubject: Re: Two Children Bond over Robbery   Two Children Bond over Robbery EmptyTue May 28, 2019 2:02 pm

The seedot's feet stopped wiggling. As Alki flopped back over on her stomach, his gaze dropped to the ground. The sound of the wind ever so gently pulling at the grass around them as well as the leaves of trees was the only noise that could be heard for a short while. That, and the chatter of townsfolk passing by, of course. They were in Grassveil, after all. After having carefully considered what to say, Leander looked back up at the balloon, believing to have arrived at something that wouldn't just worsen the situation: the good ol' responsible guardian figure-approach.

"Hey, if anything's happened, you can talk to me about it. It usually helps me to talk about stuff when I'm upset, at least."

He thought it to be a good approach to the jigglypuff's still mysterious problem, but part of him was just not agreeing with him on that being prioritized at the moment.

The bag's unguarded. She just rolled over again, so she can't see what I do. At least not in time to do anything about it, so I just need to get away before someone else-

Although his gaze had softened a moment ago when he had spoken, it tensed right up again as he had to fight in order to shoo the compulsion away for the second time.

No, I can't do that! She's already sad; it would be especially terrible of me to steal from her now. Although, that might mean that she will be too downhearted to give proper chase if I do take it, so-

Leander wanted to yell at himself, but kept quiet, although to any onlooker he would seem visibly strained. He was going to help her out. He was going to be nice, and quit stealing from pokémon he wanted to befriend. He was... getting up on his feet. And turning to the bag. As he stared at it, it felt like he was being smothered under sand. Countless grains, slowly falling and compiling to cover and crush him. The tension nearly had him shaking. Listening for an answer from Alki was all he could at this point to prevent himself from just taking the damn thing and bolting off.
I'm supposed to help, so I can't leave now. I have to stay and listen. Just stay and listen...

Code reminder:

Records | Art shop
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Two Children Bond over Robbery   Two Children Bond over Robbery EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 3:56 am

"I don't think you'd understand..." Alki said, thankful that she was facing down on the ground. Her eyelids were beginning to feel moist, so she simply scrunched them up and hoped that the sensation would soon stop. It did not. She only began to feel more and more of the wetness accumulate, before spilling out. They were surprisingly warm, and she felt them trickle down her face with a sense of helplessness. She sincerely hoped that the Seedot wouldn't notice, and made an effort to hide them as well. She curled up into a tigher ball, and turned her face away from where the Seedot was looking.

She didn't get why she was crying. The day was as normal as ever. He'd asked something that a lot of people had asked before, and she'd given the same response that she always had. So... why was it so upsetting? Her hands curled around blades of grass that felt pleasantly warm, and tugged on them. She had to calm down... "I-I'm..." She began, but quickly stopped. Her voice was shaky, and sad, and overall, simply pathetic. She took a deep breath, closed her eyes and turned back around. She began to rub at her eyes, so as to hide the tears. It wasn't very successful. She knew it, but still, Alki continued.

"I-I... I don't mean to be rude, but..." Alki paused, reflecting on her own thoughts. Even so, she continued to rub at her eyes, thinking as she calmed herself down. He just couldn't understand... She had her job as a thief, for one, and that was something she was absolutely terrified of doing poorly in. If she did badly in that department, then... what was good about her? But that was only part of it... Her sister kept trying to cheer her up, and she wanted to help, but... She couldn't. She wasn't capable of helping, she wasn't brave enough to go on guild missions, or strong enough to be useful. She couldn't even heal anymore... And then there was the whole deal with Yigo... and school was going to start, and the last time she'd been in one place with a lot of kids, things had been... well...

"I-It's complicated," She cut her train of thought off there, and opened her eyes at last. The sun stung, and she began to squint. She really didn't know what else to say... The jigglypuff looked away from the Seedot, embarrassed to be there.

Back to top Go down
Scypho

Scypho

PostSubject: Re: Two Children Bond over Robbery   Two Children Bond over Robbery EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 10:46 am

It would definitely be impossible to understand if she wasn't even going to say anything. The seedot wanted to tell her that, but did not trust his voice not to sound off if he did. He often had trouble trusting himself in general, not just his voice. Even now, he could feel the little control the distraction of Alki speaking has given him slip little by little. He could fight the compulsion all he wanted, but it did not feel like it was getting any easier.

Soon, the poor girl would speak once again, her voice betraying the confidentiality of her emotions the same way Leander had feared his would do to him, had he spoken. She's crying, isn't she? The shaking in her voice was hard to listen to, but seeing her face as she turned around hurt even more. Although she had closed her eyes to hide it, the rubbing made it all too obvious to him that he had guessed correctly.

And I'm about to make it worse.

He now knew that his endeavour to refrain from stealing from her was in vain. That he was leaving this town with one less potential friendship to his name. At this point he was mainly just assessing how much damage he would be doing. Taking several belongings from someone who's already sad, and a kid at that... It wasn't a fun calculation to be doing. And it wasn't like she would understand if he explained why, right? All he knew to do was steal, cheat and lie, and he couldn't stop even if he wanted to. To make it worse, it didn't feel like he was good at anything else, either. He guessed that it wasn't a problem that was common to have, or a particularly easy one to understand, so why bother explaining? He would just be admitting to stealing regularly and get himself arrested like his original parents.

As those last thoughts rolled by, any remnants of the hold he had on himself dissipated. Right after Alki had curtly described her issue as 'complicated' and carelessly turned away, he grabbed his chance.

With his stem pulling at the bag's strap, the acorn began backing away carefully, ready to bolt to the nearest hiding place be it neccessary. He was on cloud nine from the sheer joy obeying the compulsion brought him, but still managed some stealth in his movements. The fact that Alki could look back at him and catch him at any moment somehow filled him with both excitement and dread. While awful and quite unfortunate, this mishap was also a thrilling game of risk to him. He detested that he felt that way and he detested the way he thought while high on the gratification, yet that aversion alone did not do enough to drag him out of it. It wasn't a game to be won through will.

Code reminder:

Records | Art shop

Last edited by Scypho on Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Making the post more interaction/interception-friendly)
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Two Children Bond over Robbery   Two Children Bond over Robbery EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Alki appreciated the silence that the other Pokemon seemed to supply her. She was quite happy to lie down, facing away from him, and wallow in self-pity, thank you very much. She watched as people on the road seemed to go about their day, all in a rush, none of them paying her any mind. Not that they should. Not that she even wanted them to, of course not. Alki's ears twitched uncomfortably, suddenly aware that she might have been a bit rude to her companion. After all, it wasn't his fault that he couldn't see into her thoughts and know he ought to be left alone... And she'd been so vague and kinda rude, turning away from him and crying in front of him... That's not something she ought to have done...

The girl felt like crying all over again, but she held it in, as she turned around quite suddenly to apologize.

"H-Hey, I'm..." Alki began, but quickly fell silent, tears beginning to fall again in earnest as she took in the situation. The pokemon who had accompanied her and who had inquired as to whether she was alright or not was now... stealing from her? Instead of protecting her belongings, however, the girl recoiled away from the sight, mouth quivering as she tried to figure out why, exactly, this was happening to her.

"I-I... uh... u-um..." She began, sniffing, wiping away the tears hastily before continuing. "T-That's... uh... t-that's m-mine... She mumbled, almost imperceptibly. Maybe it was just a mix up? Maybe he had a bag just like that? After all, she hadn't done anything wrong, so... why was he taking her stuff?

Back to top Go down
Scypho

Scypho

PostSubject: Re: Two Children Bond over Robbery   Two Children Bond over Robbery EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 1:57 pm

Leander's emotional rollercoaster went for yet another loop as his victim turned around. The game of risk had come to an end, and he was left with a heart-sinking dread pulling him back down to Earth and then some. He stopped pulling the bag away, instead looking at the crying jigglypuff, who was now backing away from him. If seeing her sad face before was pain, this betrayed shock was pure agony.

"Um, I..." he mewled in return to her mumble, wincing ever so slightly at how lucidly his voice displayed his emotions. If he were to lie to her now, could he do so convincingly? Doubtfully, but he would have to try. She had tried to clarify that the bag was hers, so maybe she had not grasped what he was going to do yet? There could still be hope to turn the situation around!

But as he had feared, making himself lie felt impossible all of a sudden. His mind was getting so worked up over this - a thing he did all the time, day in and day out - for some reason. It was usually so easy, fun even. But at the moment, the very idea had him petrified. Part of him couldn't stop thinking about what would happen if he messed it up. If she figured him out, she would surely report him. She would think that he was too much of a troublemaker to be left to his own accord. Anyone in their right mind would definitely have him, just like the fiends that had spawned him, locked far away. For what reason would she spare him?

And although it felt silly with him barely knowing her, he was also worried that Alki herself would dislike him. They were merely acquaintances at best, but he had hoped that they would one day be friends. He could still remember how thrilled he had been the day he had first met her, back when snow had covered the streets of Grassveil. She was the first jigglypuff he had seen in person, after having idolized the species, along with some others, for quite some time. Now that he had thought it over, he figured this personal fear of her disapproval must be been why he could not stay calm and deceive her like he usually would have. The hope her not jumping straight to the conclusion of him robbing her had given him felt like the universe playing a cruel joke on him now. Dangling a key before his eyes, only for him to be paralyzed with fear and unable to seize it...

But despite all the fear shackling him, he knew he would have to say something. Defend himself somehow, or go down trying. Or else he'd be behind bars for sure. And Alki would know what a mess he was.

"It's mine. No, I thought it was mine. My bag... looks like that." Although it was poorly worded and rife with hesitation, he had tried. He could tell himself that much. But that was not enough, and he knew it.

"Sorry..." he whispered almost inaudibly, more like a breath than a word, as he looked to the ground, certain she had seen through him by now. A sorry shiver shook his body ever so slightly.

Code reminder:

Records | Art shop
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Two Children Bond over Robbery   Two Children Bond over Robbery EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Alki silently observed Leander between the blurring effect of her own tears. She watched as he froze, pretty much mid-step as she turned to look at him, and the frightened, terrified look in his eyes that she could tell he was trying hard to avoid, she heard his voice cracking and noticed how he seemed almost as upset as she was. The girl pulled out blades of grass from the ground, remaining silent the whole time as she watched the events unfold before her. The Seedot seemed petrified, frozen in place, the bag still held as he stammered, not ever saying anything at all until finally, it seemed as though he tried to explain himself.

And that's how she knew. What he said had been what she wanted to believe. That it had been a simple mix-up, a mistake, and she would've been more than happy to believe it had his voice not been so hesitant and fragile. He was lying. It was obvious.

He was lying about stealing from her. The jigglypuff sniffed again, quietly turning over her options in her mind. She could report him, and that would be the end of that, but... He didn't seem to have anything against her. And Arceus knew she could use more friends... Besides! What kind of hypocrite would she be... She did the same thing, didn't she? Except... at least she tried to steal from people who deserved it...

"Please d-don't run away, but...." She began, finally breaking the silence after she heard the almost silent apology the Seedot tossed her way. "Y-You were stealing from me, weren't you?" She said quietly, thinking things over in her mind. Should she report him? It wouldn't be entirely fair though... He hadn't done away with anything. And he'd stopped...

"...I... I-I won't report you, to... t-to the police, but... w-why are you doing that?" She asked, her voice calming down as she looked the Seedot in the eye, still, obviously, quite upset, but at least willing to listen. There was no denying it... He was a thief. But so was she... So maybe they could work something out?

He was friendly...

Back to top Go down
Scypho

Scypho

PostSubject: Re: Two Children Bond over Robbery   Two Children Bond over Robbery EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 9:46 am

Although he had tried to ready himself to accept his fate ever since whispering his apology, Leander's shivering grew more intense as a short silence followed. So... he might be arrested. He could not say that he had not anticipated this happening before. His biological parents were both in jail, and many pokémon had told him that he'd end up there himself back when he had just moved to Grassveil as a child. Of course it would happen some day. But to think that he would be going there so soon...  He was not ready. Not to lose his shot at becoming better than his parents. Not to face them again after all these years. There was a chance he was exaggerating how bad his offense really had been, but he was taking no chances. He had to get away, just leave this town far behind before Alki could tell anyone. And although it hurt, he was ready to run off and never see her again. But just then...

... she told him to... stay? What? Granting her wish, even if somewhat skeptically, he remained put for a moment. What could she possibly want to tell him after something like this?

As she hit the nail on the head about him having attempted to steal from her, he withdrew ever so slightly behind the strap he held, uneasy as ever about the judgment to come. It only seemed natural that a scolding would be why she had asked him to stay. That, or asking him to come along quietly to the police station and not make a fuss about his arrest. But the scolding never came. She was not even going to report him. For some unknown reason, she just wasn't. And though he could not help but wonder why, Leander was relieved beyond belief. He carefully moved the strap to the side, once again daring to face her.

She did ask why he would do that, though, and he was not sure what to tell her. His last lie had gone straight to hell, so trying to cover up the fact that he had issues was probably not his best bet, even if he was worried about how she would react to finding out. But he did not want to see her reaction to being told more rubbish, either. So even though the truth confused even Lea himself, it was his best option at the moment. His shivering died down as he prepared himself to speak, hopefully more calmly than he had before.

"Would you believe me if I told you I don't know?"

Code reminder:

Records | Art shop
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Two Children Bond over Robbery   Two Children Bond over Robbery EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:49 pm

Alki watched carefully for any signs of the Seedot running away. Truth be told, if he did run away, the jigglypuff wasn't sure how she'd react. Part of her did want to know why he was stealing from her, but the other part wasn't sure it had enough energy to chase after a fleeing Pokemon. She wouldn't know, really, until he did run away. That is, if he ever did. The girl's ears twitched nervously as she continued to think things over. She had no intention of being a hypocrite, and turning him in, but... She also had no clue what it was she was supposed to be doing in a situation like this.

She wished Synd'r were there. The Vulpix was so much smarter than her... She'd know what to do...
Alki, however? She was simply stumbling along, trying her best to figure out what the best course of action would be, and hoping she wouldn't end up making the wrong choice by mistake. Of course, with her, things never turned out all that well, did they?

Alki's ears were pushed back as she registered what the Seedot had said. "You don't know..." She said, her voice quickly losing it's emotional strain and gaining some semblance of normality. She wasn't all too upset anymore... Now she was just thinking. It wasn't really fair to judge him for that. After all, Alki thought, as she kicked up a piece of dirt, watching it fly off and land a short distance away. After all, could anyone really say they knew why they did that kind of thing? They all enjoyed it, sure, but beyond that? It was all so risky... getting caught. One wrong move, or a Pokemon was where they shouldn't be... and they got caught.

Maybe that was why they did it. Alki, at least, knew that it was thrilling to know all that, to know the risks, and to over come them. It made her feel like she was good at something. Maybe that was why Vesper and Synd'r did it too... Why else? After all, the amount of risk... getting caught by the police, or the guild... It'd have to be because they enjoyed it. Any other reason, and they'd just be plain crazy...

Maybe they already were... But then again. If they were good at it, what did it matter? She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Where to go from here...

"Nah, I get that... Really, I do... I don't quite get it either..." She said quietly, implying something that she perhaps shouldn't be... But he was nice. And what were the odds that he would report her, after all that happened? She was willing to take on those odds...

Back to top Go down
Scypho

Scypho

PostSubject: Re: Two Children Bond over Robbery   Two Children Bond over Robbery EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 3:53 pm

From the tone of her voice, Leander could discern that Alki, like him, was calming down somewhat. He was also happy not be able to detect any obvious signs of displeasure or judgment when she spoke. Perhaps he had not sounded as nonsensical as he had feared he would? She seemed contemplative though, so there was a chance she had simply not decided on what to feel about his answer yet. But honestly, it had been an odd statement, so he couldn't blame her for not knowing how to respond straight away.

He chuckled lightly after her answer finally came, not quite sure what else to do and frankly still feeling a little light-headed from being beside himself with worry not too long ago. "Yeah, it's not exactly a very sensible thing to do..." Especially if you don't even want the thing you're stealing. He could think of many motives to steal that could justify the action as sort of logical, but none applied to what he had done today. He had felt that he just had to take it. His motive was that he had to. Every time those impulses plagued him, logic seemed to be just an afterthought. It would have been lovely to know just why he had to steal all the time, but alas, he had yet to find out.

Something else he would soon desire for some light to be shed on was an implication in Alki's statement that he came to think about only after a few moments had passed, making him perk up ever so slightly in surprise. He must have interpreted what she said wrong. This way, it sounded like she had experience of her own as a thief. That couldn't be right. The strap dropped to the ground.

"Wait a sec... are you saying you're a...?"

At first he had thought her too cute to be a thief, but thinking about it, it wasn't uncommon for them to use their looks to trick unsuspecting targets into letting their guard down. He had utilized the same trick when he was younger, after all. But to think that he might have been terrified of another thief finding out that he's one all along...

Code reminder:

Records | Art shop
Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Two Children Bond over Robbery   Two Children Bond over Robbery EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 1:39 am

Alki paused, glancing away from the Seedot as she tried to get her nerves under control. Whenever a situation like this happened, she always felt so dreadfully nervous. She always felt as though she were going to puke, and her ears flattened and eyes narrowed unconsciously. Even if it seemed so obvious... If she ever made a bad judgement call in a situation like this, then... what then? It'd be over...

But she'd already made a commitment! Alki stood up, and looked at the Seedot. He seemed to be calming down himself, so... it was unlikely he'd run away at this point. That was good! Alki smiled, a bit of her tension releasing as the conversation seemed to calm down. It didn't seem like anyone was going to be reporting anyone, and that was certainly a good thing in the jigglypuff's mind. She walked over closer to the Seedot and picked up her bag, holding it close to her body.

And then she paused there. She'd heard him just fine, that wasn't the issue at all. Her ears wriggled back and forth as the jigglypuff seemed to stare off into the distance. He obviously knew about her secret now, and the girl knew that he knew. But even so... it was hard for her to just say it. If it were Synd'r, or Vesper, then they would probably have something witty to say... They always had clever remarks! "So what if I am?" perhaps? And Vesper would have that coy, knowing smile that she always seemed to have, and she'd taunt you, cause she just knew she'd come out of it on top... Or Synd'r! She'd smile knowingly and step forward all suave and smooth-like and she'd make you question yourself... "Now, what makes you say that?" , maybe? Or: "Are you sure?" Either way, she'd know perfectly how to handle the situation, and she'd have fun while doing so! The jigglypuff put her two hands together and seemed to deflate ever so slightly at the thought of just how much better both Synd'r and Vesper were at this kind of thing than her...

She'd been thinking of something to say for quite a while now, and she still had nothing... She racked her mind desperately one last time, but came up short for any clever sorts of introductions. Alki deflated again ever so slightly, obviously quite disappointed in herself, but still managing a smile despite it. Even if she couldn't introduce herself well, it was still something she was proud of.

Ah... Alki said, beginning to blush softly as her ears moved back, and she moved her gaze down to the ground. "Y-Yeah, I guess I am..." She really wished she could make it a more grand occassion to reveal herself to someone who probably wouldn't stab her in the back, but at the end of the day, she was still Alki... There wasn't really anything impressive about her, thief or no... She tapped her foot softly, increasing in tempo the longer she stayed silent.

"I-I probably don't look particularly impressive though, huh..." She asked, a small, sarcastic chuckle escaping her as she looked up at the Seedot, still smiling, and still blushing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Children Bond over Robbery   Two Children Bond over Robbery Empty

Back to top Go down

Two Children Bond over Robbery
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Grassveil Town :: Grassveil Town-
Jump to: