Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Regarding certain rulings.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blitz

Blitz

Poké : 0

Regarding certain rulings. Empty
PostSubject: Regarding certain rulings.   Regarding certain rulings. EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 9:02 am

Don't worry, it's not what you think. I'm not about to demand rules get changed or anything. I just had two quick questions before I get started on submitting my Starter Poke request and character.

1. The rule regarding Energy restoring moves stated that they can only be used once per thread. Now is this ruling for individual moves or in general? For instance, say I had a Treecko that had Absorb (Level 5) And Synthesis from an Egg move. If I had already used Absorb earlier in the thread, would I Still be able to use Synthesis? Or are they tied together since they produce roughly the same effect?

2. How do we calculate damage/health of our characters? I read the Battling rules which said that Battling was "A lot of Free Reign" And the Energy rules said that "Energy isn't health." Is it just on an honor system? Does it have to do with the dice?

Now, I could've easily missed the thread where these are answered as it's fairly late where I am and as stated, the rules are kind of a lot to take in. But if I could get some help by either an answer or getting me pointed in the right direction, it'd be much obliged.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

PostSubject: Re: Regarding certain rulings.   Regarding certain rulings. EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 11:49 pm

Pretty sure it's supposed to be each move has one use per thread, though don't quote me on that, especially since I'm not sure if most players have more than one restoration move per character. Most just rely on berries and other items due to commonality.

As for damage/health, it's an honor system. Of course if you're a level 5 Treecko going up against an Arcanine, your best bet is to run. When you encounter Pokemon using the dice, just try to think how your Pokemon would fair against the opponent at their weakest state. As for your energy, it's simply a tool to keep you from rolling an you can interpret it as you wish. Some people simply stop rolling when they hit 0 energy and have their character go on as if nothing happened. Some people make their character become tired, sluggish, and need to catch a breather. And then some people go so far as to have their character faint as if it were directly linked to health.

If you keep reading through the rules most things should be answered, and going through the rest of Questions and Help might allow you to find more answers and clarifications.
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Poké : 0

PostSubject: Re: Regarding certain rulings.   Regarding certain rulings. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 12:19 am

Oh, Well, that pretty much clears up everything. Thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding certain rulings.   Regarding certain rulings. Empty

Back to top Go down

Regarding certain rulings.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Getting Started :: Help and Feedback :: Questions and Help-
Jump to: