Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Back to School

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

Poké : 1625

Back to School - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Back to School   Back to School - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 2:26 am

First topic message reminder :

Osiris didn't think there was ever a time when the streets of Grassveil weren't busy.

Having been born and raised in Grassveil, he'd spent much of his early childhood slithering all over the place at every given opportunity. The dratini was confident enough to make the claim that he knew his hometown like the back of his tail, and he definitely moved like it. He waded his way through the streets, snaking through the legs of much taller and larger pokemon, dragging behind him an empty leather satchel affixed to his neck by a strap.

"Excuse me—pardon me—comin' through~," he called out absently, his first stop of the day clear in his mind. That stuffy old book store that his mom used to drag him into when he was little.

Usually, he spent his time reading at home or playing with his friends, or occasionally working up the nerve to explore one of the forests surrounding Grassveil. It wasn't so, today; Osiris had an actual, bonafide errand to run. Classes at Peak had just started, and while Osiris had attended his first one already—his instant favorite, Countering—he had preparations to make for the second. School supplies, essentially. His second major was Essential Skills, so he figured it was probably a good idea to show up to class with at least the ability to take notes.

He didn't know what he specifically needed, but as he lived in town, he could afford to just get a few things and pick up others as he needed them. Today's list was simple - some writing utensils, some paper, and whatever else jumped out at him while he was out.

The dratini came to a reluctant stop at his destination, a decrepit, sad little structure with a sign out front reading Grassveil, Used Books and Other Goods. He heaved a long-suffering sigh before steeling himself and slithering through the open door, resigned to his fate.

Back to School - Page 4 KsAAiwH Back to School - Page 4 WtAKnyp
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Mada

Mada

Poké : 7554

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 6:33 pm

Alki held back a laugh as she looked down at the Dratini. He seemed so confused at her sudden disappearance, but little did he know that she was directly above him! It seemed so silly to be doing this... Alki looked around at the other patrons of the cafe, but none of them seemed to have noticed her little stunt. She cocked her head as he began to look under their chairs: first hers, and then his. She heard the Dratini call out to her, more than a bit confused at her vanishing. How much longer should she stay and hide? It was just a joke, and she didn't want to worry him all too much...

Alki began to fish in her bag for a coin of Poke, not caring too much if the jingling of the money was loud enough to give her away. She didn't want to keep him in the dark too much longer. She fished a coin out and tossed it down towards him, hoping it'd catch his attention and lead him to look up at her. Just in case, she said to him, softly enough for him to hear, but hopefully not loud enough to make the other patrons notice the child hiding up in the rafters. "U-Up here!"

She was glowing with pride at her little prank, and the fact she'd pulled it off so well. Teleporting would be such a useful ability, especially if she kept practicing. She couldn't go very far yet, but at least this was a start!

My Character Records! ^_^

I am a slow learner, a stressed out high schooler, and a very impulsive person. Please have a bit of patience with me.

"Seeing is believing, and all I'm saying is, I've never seen George Washington." -A classmate
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 10:11 pm

Osiris blinked, confused when a coin plopped down in front of him. From above. A moment later, Alki's voice softly called down to him, and he looked up to see the jigglypuff sitting in the rafters. "Well that's just awesome," he said, rearing up to look at her. "Is that a move? Extremespeed or something?" he wondered out loud, tilting his head as he thought on it. He didn't know of any other way a pokemon could so quickly move from one place to another unless it was something that Alki's line was especially known for.

But then, he thought he would know about it if it was. It was a pretty sick ability. He slithered back up into his chair, judging the distance between where she was now and where she had been. The distance wasn't really impressive at first glance, but the speed behind the trick was absolutely nothing to scoff at. If he thought about it for a moment, that was technically the fastest he'd ever seen a pokemon move. One moment she was sitting in the chair and the next she was twenty feet up in the air looking down at him.

Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 10:27 pm

Alki giggled as she received the Dratini's praise. She did think it was quite awesome herself as well, being able to move so fast; instantaneously, actually; and still be able to control it fairly well! Although she still felt a bit lightheaded after using the move, it wasn't anything that wouldn't wear off within a few minutes time. She sat down on the wooden beam, and blinked a few times, hoping that it'd help with her post-teleportation dizzy spell. "N-Nah. It's nothing like that... I mean, it is a move. I learned how to teleport!" She said jubilantly, smiling widely as she allowed her pride in herself to take over, if only for a moment.

"I-I can't go all too far yet, but I still think it's pretty nice to have! She braced herself before teleporting back down, in front of the table. She staggered a few steps, as the room seemed to rotating slowly around her. She grabbed the table's edge to steady herself. "I-I'm not perfect at it yet, though. I get really dizzy after using it. I'm still proud I managed to learn it at all though!

I am a slow learner, a stressed out high schooler, and a very impulsive person. Please have a bit of patience with me.

"Seeing is believing, and all I'm saying is, I've never seen George Washington." -A classmate
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 11:51 pm

"Teleport, huh," Osiris said softly, eyes wide. What a move! "Yeah, that sounds dead useful. Some practice and you'll definitely be ace in the speed department." Not that she wasn't already, but still. He assumed she'd be able to do it faster and with more distance with practice, so there was no reason not to get better at it and every reason to try. He would feel jealous, normally, but Osiris thought he was pretty well taken care of in the speed department.

Dratinis weren't winning any awards for being the speediest snakes around, but his egg move, Dragon Dance, greatly helped him in that department. Enough time psyching himself up and he got stranger and faster by leaps and bounds—probably not as quick as Alki, in terms of covering ground quickly, but he could probably beat her out for distance... if he had a really, really big headstart. And some time to dragon dance himself up to speed.

"Do all jigglypuffs learn that move?" he asked as she teleported down. The drawbacks looked rough, but still, all the more reason to practice and get better at it. "It looks killer."

Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 1:00 am

Alki giggled, turning into laughter as the Dratini complimented her more and more. She definitely wanted to be an ace! And as her headache began to subside, she walked unsteadily back to the couch and plopped back down atop a pillow. "I hope so! I really need to be fast... I'm pretty slow without that move," She said, laughing a bit. Pretty slow was an understatement. If it was just a foot-race... Arceus, that'd make her look awfully bad. The Dratini asked her if all jigglypuff learned that move. At this, Alki tilted her head thoughtfully, before answering rather confidently.

"I'm pretty sure any jigglypuff could. I'm not special." Alki said matter of factly. "It was pretty weird to learn though... something about a transfer?" She shrugged. "I-I'm proud of it, in any case. It's the only impressive move I know, so I like to show it to people." She said, explaining her decision.

Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 5:31 am

"Like a TM?" Osiris probed, an eyebrow raised in confusion. He'd never heard of the term transfer, or at least never heard it used in that kind of context, so it threw him for a bit of a loop. "Must have been expensive." he went on, nodding slowly.

TMs, essentially being one-use items that taught you moves, were scaled in price to how good the move was, as far as he knew. Had the dratini any real patience, he might have saved up his allowance so he could put it toward one to kick off his guild career, but as it was he was content learning what moves he could naturally. So far, he had jack-diddly-squat to work with, but he also figured he was pretty weak and hadn't gone anywhere yet in terms of strength. Maybe if enough time went on he'd look into it, but as things were he hadn't even joined the guild yet!

Teleport did seem pretty impressive, though. He absently wondered if the dratini line could learn it—he knew some of his kind could learn Extremespeed and Dragon Dance and other speed-oriented moves. It wasn't too far of a stretch, he thought, and it would be really good in a fight.

Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 5:44 am

"Something like that... Alki said, nodding along. The details of it had been hazy, but she certainly remembered the word transfer thrown in there. She supposed that it had to be similar to a TM. Nothin else really made sense. She didn't remember paying any money for it...

"M-Money's not really a problem for me, though, cause I'm a th-..." She blinked a couple of times, looking down at her plate in Surprise. Had she really been about to say 'thief'? "Well, honestly, cause I'm a thorn in my sister's side. She's a guild member and she... She, uh, let's me have a lot of money..." Alki nodded, proud of her quick save. That was a good enough explanation for more, and it wasn't even wrong! It just wasn't the only reason money wasn't a problem.

Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 11:12 pm

"For real?!" Osiris nearly erupted, eyes widening as Alki finished talking. "Your sister's a guild member?" he asked, raising his head from his coiled body and leaning forward. He skipped right over the slip up in speech, to absorbed in what he just heard. Talk about a stroke of luck! His dad was a guild member, too, but Iris had never even met the guy. But Alki was close enough with her sister that she got pocket money from her—that meant her sister was high-ranking enough that she made enough money for that! She was legit! "Maaan, talk about cool," he breathed, lowering his head and staring at the table as he thought of the implications.

If he had a big brother at the guild, there'd be nothing stopping him from going with his brother to work every single day. There was nothing cooler than a guild member, especially one that was grounded enough to make time for their sister despite their totally awesome job. He only hoped he could be half as cool one day when he made it into the prestigious organization.

Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 11:30 pm

Alki jumped as the Dratini seemed to explode with excitement. He stood up taller in his seat as his voice rose in volume, and he leaned in towards her. Alki giggled nervously as he asked her incredulously if she was for real. This excitement made Alki sit up a bit taller herself. "Yeah, she's really cool." Alki said, resting her hands atop the table as she positively beamed at the thought of Darcy. "H-Her name's Darcy, and she's... she's the best sister anyone could ask for! She's kind and sweet and brave and I wish I were like her!"

She paused for a moment, considering if she should mention the fact that she was a guild member as well, but in the end, decided against it. She was a guild member in title only, and she didn't want to lead Iris down a completely wrong train of thought. "S-She's a Skitty, if you ever see her around, feel free to say hi! She's super nice to everyone!"

In the back of Alki's mind, she realized that she'd gotten lucky that he hadn't noticed her verbal mistake, but she was too busy smiling at the thought of Darcy to really care. She hadn't said much about her, but by the way she was smiling after her small explanation, one could tell that she really cared about Darcy. Maybe she could introduce them? He really seemed to admire guild members...

Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 10:59 pm

"She'd have to be brave to be a guild member," Osiris nodded in confirmation, listening to Alki's descriptions with rapt attention. "I hope I meet her sometime—maybe at Peak or something, one day." he went on, half-talking to himself as he tried to imagine this super cool, brave skitty that was a guild member and a good enough sister that she inspired such loyalty in Alki. Darcy was a cool name, too. Simple, rolled off the tongue well.

The dratini quivered for a moment, uncoiling from his gathered position up on the high chair and looked around the establishment once more. Both of their plates were empty, and while he didn't have anything against hanging out here and just talking—from the looks of things, what little staff that was here certainly didn't mind—it was probably time for them to get out of here. "You wanna take off, maybe? I could go for a little stroll after those poffins," he mused, a little jittery after the ill-advised sugary treat.

Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 09, 2019 6:27 pm

"She is..." Alki said dreamily, sighing. She wished she were like her... She wished she could be like her, at all. But by now, she was sure that that was very close to an impossibility. She didn't have any of the things that made Darcy such a good Pokemon, and Alki wasn't just about to magically get those traits. She wasn't brave, or strong, or any of that... "I could let her know sometime! I'm sure she'd love to meet you, and she's b-been a bit curious about the school as well anyways..." She said, happy to be doing her part. Iris really seemed to respect guild members.

"T-Take off...?" She mumbled, unsure of what the Dratini was saying for a moment or two. It wasn't until she looked at their empty plates and at the Dratini who was beginning to stand up that she realized what he was suggesting. "O-Oh! Leave... Yeah! L-Let's... Let's do it. I think a walk would be nice too..." She said, pushing herself off of the couch and waiting for the Dratini... Oh! "Oh. Sorry! Sorry!" She squeaked, clambering back up on to the couch so as to reach her plate, grabbing it hurriedly before jumping back down, staring down at her messy, used plate. "W-W-Where do we p-put these?" She asked, blushing.

Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 4:40 am

"Uh, I think we take 'em up front, actually," Osiris replied. He slithered down from his seat, rising up a moment later to bite down on the end of his plate again. This time, however, it wasn't burdened with the weight of two poffins that were each a quarter of his size. He bore the weight much more admirably, easily leading the way to the counter up front where they had gotten their orders.

To the side of it was a rickety little wooden cart with a dish tray on top, slightly dirty and obviously intended for dirty dishes to be deposited, even from a glance. The dratini dropped his plate on top gently before heading for the door of the establishment, confident that Alki would be following him shortly.

"Thanks for coming by, you two," the simipour called from the counter, her eyes still glued to her reading material. She didn't even look up as she bid them farewell. "Have a nice day."

Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 9:25 pm

"Oh." She said, looking down at her plate and breathing out a sigh. Part of her had been expecting to be responsible for washing it herself. Maybe cleaning up after their table as well, just like she'd done back home. And the floors, and... Well, everyone's table was perhaps a bit unreasonable in a place like this, but still. Alki absently brushed the crumbs off of her table onto her plate, leaving it as clean as she could manage without any cleaning supplies. Old habits were hard to break, was all that was going on. She had to remember that she didn't have to worry about them anymore...

"O-Ok." She said, following the Dratini as he deposited his plate on top of a dish tray. Alki followed suit, before noticing a couple of untouched Poffins atop a nearby plate. They looked good... Hers had been filling but more had never hurt anyone, right? She gave a cursory glance around at the restaurant; the staff in particular, but the only one around was still the Simipour, looking at her book. So she was clear! She nabbed a few clean, left-over Poffins and placed them inside her bag before teleporting to the Dratini. The Simipour hadn't looked up from her book yet. Why should she now? Alki smiled and walked with a bit more bounce to her step, replying with a cheerful "You too!" before leaving the restaurant.

"So... Have you ever been to the Guild?" She asked, shortly after exiting. She extracted one poffin and began to nibble on it, feeling out what it tasted like. "I could show ya, if you like."

Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 11:35 pm

"Ah, no," Osiris answered, sounding suddenly bashful all of the sudden. "Well, I've been at the guild, but I've never gone inside or anything." He did a double-take at Alki when she started nibbling on a poffin; Had she purchased another? It didn't much matter, since they were leaving, but that was rather quick of her.

"I kinda wanna save my first time going inside for when I finally join, though, you know?" the dratini revealed, wriggling slightly as he felt warm sunlight on his scales. "I'd love to see your guys' room when I finally do, though. And meet your sister!" he went on, perking up at the suggestion. It was nice of Alki to offer on both fronts. Honestly, every kid in town wanted to see the guild, and while there wasn't any rule prohibiting them from checking it out, it was nonetheless a very intimidating notion to kids like Osiris, who spent more time daydreaming about the lifestyle of a guild member than actually learning about it.

Back to top Go down
Mada

Mada

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 3:24 am

So he'd never worked up the courage to go inside? She could relate to that... She was a member, and the prospects of entering were quite intimidating at times. She hadn't done any actual work in quite a while, and she always half-expected someone to point that out less-than-kindly. Nobody ever did though, but that didn't make the idea any less prevalent in her mind whenever she was near it.

"Oh, that makes sense!" Alki said cheerfully, nodding along as she savored the new Poffin she'd just acquired. It was tastier; tastier than the one she'd bought, even, with a little, sweet cream oozing out of it as she bit into it deeper. Why anyone would throw it away was beyond her. "I guess the wait would make it sweeter, huh?" Alki said. "Personally, I wouldn't..." She paused, hesitant to say what was on her mind. She wasn't fond of the guild at all. Most of it's residents rubbed her the wrong way, not to mention how dark it was inside, and when you combined that with the number of unpleasant memories she'd formed there... But that didn't mean that Iris couldn't keep his hopes up if he wanted to! With any luck, things would be different for him. He actually wanted to be a member, unlike her...

"Well, y-y'know, I just wouldn't be able to wait long for something like that, y'know? I'd just want to check it out as s-soon as possible." She spilled a few drops of the cream filling in her poffin onto her foot, and she leaned down to brush it off. "Why do you want to join the guild, anyways?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Back to School
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Grassveil Town :: Grassveil Town-
Jump to: