Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Apples and Berries

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

Apples and Berries - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Apples and Berries   Apples and Berries - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 5:30 am

First topic message reminder :

Kestro waved goodbye to his sister and caretaker again at the entrance to Pecha Forest. The young Cranidos had heard of a town at the other end of Serene Cave, but didn't feel as if he were ready for a three day trek through the dark cavern. While he'd have preferred exploring the neighboring Shadowhue Forest, his sister's worries convinced him to train in the much safer Pecha Forest. The young fossil Pokemon let out a sigh once his sister and caretaker were out of sight and earshot. "Alright, another trek through here, and then maybe I can convince her to let me explore Shadowhue," he mumbled to himself. He was a bit surprised by how much sway his sister had over his decisions, but then again, she was as hard headed as him, probably more so. The Cranidos shook his head and turned towards the forest, at the very least he might have some experience in battling and exploration before he'd start classes at Peak.

Last edited by Solilo on Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Altering thread description to show previous location.)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

Poké : 5990

PostSubject: Re: Apples and Berries   Apples and Berries - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 2:01 am

Osiris found himself agreeing with Kestro yet again. It felt so strange to acknowledge the fact that now he could hit hard. He'd gone without a strong move for so long and now that he suddenly had one, the dratini felt like he could take on anyone and anything! Newfound confidence and energy coalesced in the young dragon, and he found himself eager to explore this strange dungeon, as opposed to being afraid only a few minutes ago.

"Absolutely," he said, finding no flaws in the cranidos' logic. "The more of those we can find, the better!"

He wondered what kind of moves he could learn from TMs laying around in this strange forest. Earlier, the ralts had been so enamored with them, boasting that he learned his Psychic from one, and wanting to take Dragon Tail for himself as well. Had the strange flickering been some kind of move as well? He felt compelled to learn more about TMs, now. Specifically, what he could and couldn't learn. If Kestro hadn't been able to use this, then it stood to reason that there were TMs out there that Osiris wouldn't be able to use.

"It's kind of strange, though." Iris said. He raised his head up to look at his surroundings as he started forward in a slow, steady slither. "Pecha Forest isn't supposed to be weird. Pokemon come here all the time, and I've never heard of anything like—like what just happened! Do you have any idea what those weirdos were getting at, talking about time and space and stuff? And how'd they walk through the ground like that?!" he went on, babbling slightly as his newfound cheer and confidence got the better of him.

+2 energy (this page and the last one)
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: Apples and Berries   Apples and Berries - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 2:14 am

Energy = 2 (past two pages)

Kestro scratched his chin with a claw at Osiris' words. Osiris was right, at least as far as Kestro had heard. The Cranidos himself hadn't explored much yet, and thus even Pecha Forest was new to him. He then thought back on his birthplace. Pokemon spoke of mirages and buried ruins and temples all across the sands. "Well, back in Scorchfall, and really the whole Eastern Desert, stuff like this just happened. We might be experiencing a mirage or illusion, or maybe those two Pokemon literally told us what's going on. That stuff is just going to start not making sense. Maybe we just walked in the right direction at the right time. Or wrong direction and time depending on your view. Either way, if nobody has really heard of this place, then we need to be careful and try not to get lost in here. We need to stick together, even in a battle, in case I need to use the Escape orb."
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Apples and Berries   Apples and Berries - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 2:32 am

"Oh," the dratini uttered, almost surprised at the insight Kestro offered. "I guess that makes sense." Except it didn't, not to Osiris, really. But he was content to bow to the cranidos' presumed higher world knowledge. And the more he thought about it, the more he could see it being somewhat commonplace. If everything went according to plan all the time then these places wouldn't be called mystery dungeons, after all. It just went to show how limited his perspective was, that strange things like these managed to throw him for a loop, but not Kestro.

He kept on inspecting his surroundings as they traveled, determined to find something awry or not up to snuff. But apart from the chilly air and frozen atmosphere, it really did look like Pecha Forest—this wasn't his first time in the dungeon, after all. Just the first time things went like this. "But like—we're still in Pecha," Osiris said, reluctantly satisfied with his examination. "Just... maybe a different part of it. A secret new area no one else has found yet." It was kind of an exciting thought, in hindsight.

the sunset hero carried out 1 launched of one Pecha Forest :
Apples and Berries - Page 4 D79y4LB
the sunset hero carried out 1 launched of one Echo World :
Apples and Berries - Page 4 UW5GgzL
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: Apples and Berries   Apples and Berries - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 11:20 pm

Kestro nodded at Osiris' idea. It could be a new area, or at the very least it could be something like another mystery dungeon within Pecha forest itself. "That, or it could be like the Monochrome Ruins in Shadowhue, or the Silent Temple back in Scorchfall. Maybe not as dramatic a change, but we could be in a new dungeon within the original Pecha Forest. Like, maybe we took a path nobody took before, or some bushes hid a weird door," he said, bringing up his own take on the idea. Kestro might not be the brightest Pokemon, but his early life travelling Scorchfall and the subsequent journey to Grassveil was a great learning experience.

Granted nothing like this had happened during his journeys, and he was still relatively young. A teenager by human measurements of age, Kestro only just started adventuring to show his independence. Either way he gave a light nod. "What we do know is that what the think as normal doesn't matter here. So long as we stick close together as we already agree to, I think we should be fine."

Dracorexion carried out 1 launched of one Pecha Forest :
Apples and Berries - Page 4 MMgUbQF
Dracorexion carried out 1 launched of one Echo World :
Apples and Berries - Page 4 YTpyRYR
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Apples and Berries   Apples and Berries - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 12:17 am

"Dungeons... inside of dungeons?" Osiris echoed, looking somewhat astonished by the concept. It never occurred to him that it might be possible, honestly. He'd only ever heard of dungeons as just places you could go to, but it wasn't as if there was a rule against it.  "That's awesome." he breathed, his excitement growing as he looked around him. He'd certainly never heard of a dungeon inside of Pecha, so they must have just made a huge discovery! It was too bad that nothing super exciting was in here so far. The only thing they'd found was a bunch of weird pokemon... and an explorer team, he supposed.

He was eager and alert, his eyes constantly flickering from side to side, waiting for some kind of crazy pokemon to jump out at him. But nothing so sinister or even exciting was there to be found; He heard the distinct flapping of a pokemon's wings, and when he looked up, he saw a Hoothoot flying overhead. It didn't even notice Osiris and Kestro, merely soaring flying over the two pokemon and continuing on its way until it was obstructed from his view by the trees and foilage.

"You think we should strategize?" he asked, stumbling slightly over that last word. He said it like a kid who was excited to get into his first battle, with an excited tone and a note of unfamiliarity. "For when we find something? Have a plan or two, so we can just jump right into it?"
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: Apples and Berries   Apples and Berries - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 1:13 am

Kestro was quick to answer the Dratini. "If those two masked Pokemon's words are true, it'd be hard to try and stick to a plan other than our escape one. For the most part we should try and stay hidden, if we can, keeping to the bushes and taller grasses." Even as he said that, Kestro wondered if that would work. If they did hide behind a bush, who's to say these odd Pokemon couldn't simply detect them another way, or worse yet, the bushes they hid in turn out to be illusions. Even as Osiris's excitement grew, Kestro did his best to keep himself from getting drawn into it. He could only hope that giving Dragon Tail to Osiris wouldn't cause the Dratini to become too reckless and end up leaving Kestro without a safe way out.

In any case, simply standing where they were was no good. They needed to get moving, else more odd Pokemon flock to them. Kestro then waved his arm, "Let's start exploring," he said, turning away from Osiris as he headed in a random direction.
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Apples and Berries   Apples and Berries - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 1:57 am

Osiris hurried to keep pace with Kestro, slithering up to his side hastily. "They could have been lying, though," he said, mostly for the sake of playing devil's advocate. And to keep the silence at bay—after the little staredown with the fairies, he didn't like how quiet this place was anymore. "I mean, sure, weird stuff is going on, but we're not walking through the ground like they did." He paused after this, looking down at the grass underneath him and briefly wondering if he was going to sink through. A moment later, when he was still on solid ground, he went on. "Getting into trouble without a plan could be dangerous if what they said isn't always true."

Which, sure, that made sense. Osiris was mostly talking just to talk, but as his stream of hectic thoughts took verbal form and he took a moment to review what he just said, there could have been a kernel of truth to it. He wasn't quick to trust anything around him right now save for Kestro having his back, so having a plan against impending danger couldn't hurt. Or they could just wing it and play things by ear if they found trouble. As long as the two of them stood side-by-side, there wasn't too much that could go wrong.

As alert as the dratini was right now, it didn't escape his attention that the number of trees surrounding them was slowly thinning as they progressed in this direction. Foilage and bushes were aplenty, but there as a distinct loss of solid cover as the two young pokemon explored. His expression grew reluctantly curious at the revelation. Was something up ahead?
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: Apples and Berries   Apples and Berries - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 4:24 pm

Kestro gave Osiris a shrug, "I'm not saying we trust them outright, but at the very least staying hidden and playing things by ear at first will help us prepare later on. We don't know enough, so using what info we got from them, whether true or not, gives us something to work with. If it turns out to be lies, then we rethink our sotuation." It was then that Kestro spied something that at least looked familiar. The bright blue, round body of an oran berry lay on the ground nearby. It wasn't an amazing find, but the rock type eagerly swiped it off the ground and took an absentminded bite from the berry. He'd yet to notice the large figure starting to emerge from the forest seemingly from the same direction he and Osiris just came from.
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Apples and Berries   Apples and Berries - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 8:40 pm

Osiris hummed uncommittedly at Kestro's words, only half-listening as the two of them traveled. He was more interested in how the forest was changing as they made ground. The trees bled away and the greenery intensified. Grass grew taller and bushes grew... bushier. If not for the presence of the cranidos beside him, the dratini might have been worried about losing his way. He wasn't the tallest pokemon, after, all, being mostly stuck on ground level unless he stopped and rose up.

Eventually, the two of them came to a very wide glade. The tall trees of Pecha Forest were absent for about a hundred feet of open space. In their place were smatterings of decently sized rocks and boulders which Iris could imagine himself crawling up and taking a nap on. The grass was long but laid flat on the ground as if something made a habit of stomping it down on a regular basis. There were a few curious patches of torn up or burnt grass in random places, as if the land suffered abuse from fighting or even just large pokemon making their way through. It looked natural, though—Osiris didn't think any pokemon lived here. Maybe it just saw a lot of traffick instead.

"Well, I think we're making progress toward something," he said, judging the length of the clearing apprehensively. "Even if it might just be the edge of the forest." He didn't want to let silence reign for too long, just in case the weirdness of the dungeon caught up to him again and he psyched himself out. "Kinda surprised we've gone this long without finding something... hostile, I guess. Aren't you supposed to fight in mystery dungeons?"
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: Apples and Berries   Apples and Berries - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 11:22 pm

Kestro tilted his head at the Dratini. "Well, no. It's common, but you're not supposed to fight whenever in one. Even though the caravan I traveled with from Scorchfall went through several dungeons to reach here, we rarely fought any other Pokemon. Sometimes we went through entire dungeons without seeing a single native." "Granted it was a large caravan" a voice said from behind the pair. It sounded similar to Kestro's but deeper, older, and as Kestro turned to face the source of the voice, he found himself staring up at a Rampardos. Though, unlike a regular Rampardos, this one had the same odd coloring as the Kirlia and Ralts. Kestro immediately took a few steps back, preparing for a fight. There's no way he and Osiris could beat a Rampardos, even two on one, but at the very least he hoped to take advantage of his evolved forms infamously slow speed.

Instead the Rampardos raised up its clawed hands, "Easy now. I'm not here to fight. It'd be a bit pointless to fight myself in the past." Kestro blinked, confused by the rock type's words. The Rampardos seemed to already know the Cranidos' thoughts, "Yeah, I know, but I'm telling the truth. I'm you, I'm Kestro, though a good deal later in life."
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Apples and Berries   Apples and Berries - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 9:47 pm

Osiris nodded along with Kestro's words, eager and willing to soak up as much information as the evidently more experienced pokemon had to offer. He supposed it made sense, too. No single pokemon probably wanted to fight every last explorer that came through their home dungeon—that seemed as impossible as it was reckless and dumb. Then the younger rock-type was interrupted by a much larger, much scarier looking one. Just as Kestro did, Osiris scooted backward and scanned the horizon, trying to identify any kind of cover or escape route in case this guy showed any sign of aggression. But none came; Instead, he seemed seemed as weird as every other pokemon in the forest.

"You... what?" Osiris said, eyes squinty and his tone doubting as he glanced from between Kestro and the rampardos. "That's silly. And impossible."

Was this some kind of prank? Did these two actually know each other, or had this guy been following them? There wasn't any other explanation for him to know Kestro's name, otherwise. Iris was suspicious and wary of the larger, older pokemon—his tail hovered behind him restlessly, ready and willing to lash out with a wave of electricity in case this was some kind of act. Which it had to be.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: Apples and Berries   Apples and Berries - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 12:37 am

"Is it now? Didn't you two already meet the Type: Null by now? They did warn you that time's messed up in here. Th' place is called an Echo World. It's mimics the real world, and Pokemon from the real world can cross into it. Anything that came from the Echo World, though, will disappear when you leave. Here, if you don't believe me, take my Blast Seed," the Rampardos said, fishing out an oddly blue seed from his bag and handing it to the Dratini. "This is how I proved it to me and you last time. Or... I guess this time. Look this world is really weird so just trust me on it." The Rampardos flickered, causing the blast seed he was holding out to Osiris to fall to the ground, thankfully not exploding when it landed in the grass. "Oh... Looks like I already gotta go," the Rock type sighed out, standing up straight. "Alright, so, quickly, I need to wa-" and he disappeared, the only proof that he was there being the blue seed.

Kestro stood there, silent, blinking. Was that really him? He kinda acted like how Kestro felt he would, but then again his mind was having a hard enough time wrapping around the concept of this world not caring about how the world was supposed to work. His beak clicked a few times, and Kestro shook his head, as if trying to clear water off his body. "This place just keeps getting weirder..."
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Apples and Berries   Apples and Berries - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 1:53 am

Osiris blinked at the alleged older Kestro as he spoke, tilting his head as he studied the rampardos. He kind of sounded like Kestro, if he wasn't so young. Then again, they were the same line of pokemon, so surely that's where all the resemblance came from. But why would some random rampardos be interested in impersonating the older alter ego of some cranidos?

Then, just like that, the pokemon disappeared. No muss, no fuss, just gone. It was similar to the ralts and kirlia, except they didn't start blinking in and out of place rapidly. So really, mostly like the kirlia.

"Yeah..." he agreed, lowering his head to poke at the blast seed gently. "I guess this could be a blast seed, but I don't see how that proves that crazy claim. Those pokemon—null-types, I guess, I've never heard of that type before—they coulda just been blowing hot air. Maybe there's a pokemon out there just playing tricks on us. Like illusions or whatever." he said. It made a lot more sense than future people and reality not making sense and all that other crazy talk.

He paused for a moment, glancing at Kestro, a little concerned. "... Unless you think that really was you. From the future."
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: Apples and Berries   Apples and Berries - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 2:16 am

Kestro groaned a bit, scratching his chin. "I don't know... It's not like I couldn't ask him something only I knew before he... just disappeared. If these are just illusions, then they should stop if we beat the Pokemon making them." Kestro sat down suddenly, continuing to scratch his chin as he thought. He then looked at the blast seed, "Illusions...Illusions... Oh! I remember a lullaby they used to sing at night on the caravan. It talked about a trickster named Zoroark who used illusions to cloud the mind. Legends used to say how the mirages in the desert were illusions the first Zoroark made, and even after he died his illusions still trick Pokemon." Kestro then leaned towards Osiris, "Hold onto the blast seed, if we find a Zoroark and beat it, and the seed is still on you, then that might've actually been me in the future and the Null guys were telling the truth," he whispered. It was a plan, at least. Granted Kestro didn't even think on the possibility of there being multiple Zoroark or even the fact that Zoroark evolved from Zorua. But it was a plan, and Kestro felt pretty good about it.
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Apples and Berries   Apples and Berries - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 2:31 am

"O-kay," Osiris said, stumbling over the word slightly as he thought about what Kestro said. "Find the zoroark, so we can tell if that guy really was you. That sounds good to me." The bit about zoroark—that was all fine, it sounded plausible to him. But it was still hard for him to wrap his mind around the mere possibility that the rampardos from a moment ago might have actually been from the future. He gently took hold of the blast seed, wrapping his tail around it and carrying it with him. Iris didn't want to stick it in his bag just in case it went flying. Then it'd explode in there and all of his supplies would be ruined.

He turned, taking stock of their surroundings once more. They were still in the open-spaced glade, with tall grass, fierce bushes, and smatterings of boulders and smaller rocks laid out throughout. It all provided pretty decent cover, he realized. Had that rampardos been hostile, they probably could have run behind the rocks to get out of the way of what he assumed would be headbutts. If they ran into something they couldn't handle, it wouldn't be a bad idea to come back here and try fighting where they weren't so easily seen.

"Let's keep going." he said absently, slithering through the grass. Zoroark, zoroark, zoroark. "I don't suppose you know what it looks like?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apples and Berries   Apples and Berries - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Apples and Berries
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next