Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

2018 Moderator Applications are now open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Share | 

A Stroll in the Woods

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TempGuardian

Poké : 400
Location : What IS location? What is the solid ground of which we stand without the soul that lives within it? How can you really call a location your home when you are missing the one thing that makes a location that which it is?

PostSubject: A Stroll in the Woods   Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:36 pm

Don't mind the destruction, ignore it, it’s just a nod to Badger's thread also taking place in Pêcha Forest)

Energy = 22 - 5 = 17

Destruction. The bird heard destruction. The bird stayed far away from the sound of destruction in Pêcha Forest. Oh, was it ever loud.

One week since he first came to town. One week since he first met Yigo the Sandshrew. One week since it started snowing, the white fluff still on the ground. One week since he got angry at a specific Jigglypuff and only a couple of hours since he’d seen her again, and it was awkward on his part. It had been one week since ‘Christmas,’ and Radar needed food. The two had just run out of food and Radar had remembered the two could just scavenge in a dungeon for food. The bird wasn’t being cheap, he was just being smart so as to keep his Poké for when he might really need it. Radar didn’t really know when he’d be able to get a source of Poké aside from stealing. So, Yigo had—in spite of the snow—brought Radar to a place called Pêcha Forest, someplace where they could forage for food...for free! Definitely useful to keep in mind for the future. The Murkrow gazed about the snowy landscape that was Pêcha Forest once the sound of destruction had passed, being sure to steer Yigo away from the chaos at every turn. It seemed to be over now...

He'd snuck back into his friend's burrow while he was still asleep, Yigo was letting Radar stay with him until the bird found somewhere else to live. He’d snuck out mainly because he was bored and couldn’t sleep because of insomnia, and had run into Alki the Jigglypuff to name one Pokémon he encountered. There were others, but Alki was one of them. He'd kept it a secret from Yigo, thinking it was best to keep Yigo happy and Alki would just make him upset again...plus, Radar really didn’t know what him and the Jigglypuff even were. It was better that way, right? For both Yigo and Radar. It was better to leave dead issues dead...wasn't it? It had to be, Yigo was happy, how could Radar risk that? Besides, telling Yigo the Murkrow snuck out defeats the purpose of, you know, sneaking out. The whole point is not to let Pokémon know you snuck out, why would he tell Yigo? He wouldn’t, he was sure he was doing the right thing by not saying anything.

“So...?” Radar didn’t quite know where to look, it was his second time in Pêcha Forest, his first was one week ago. When he first came to Grassveil Town, first met Yigo, first felt safe...and he was back. “Where do we look, Yigo?” The Dark-Flying Type asked, flapping next to his friend, looking into those blue eyes of his. Radar—never having really looked for items in dungeons before, he just stumbled upon them—didn’t really know how to scavenge for items. Hopefully, Yigo did.

(Sorry for the short-ish post, it’ll be longer—hopefully—once we get into the roleplay)

Not even the most devastating truth can be told; it must be evoked. ~ Joyce Carol Oates.

Last edited by TempGuardian on Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Plot Change!)
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

Poké : 980

PostSubject: Re: A Stroll in the Woods   Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:30 am

Everything was quiet. Nothing could be heard around them and the place was dark. Snow had come to visit Grassveil and not in a good time. Yigo was not bringing many supplies with him and hadn't even counted on an extra beak to feed. Yigo used to roam alone but he had finally found some direction to follow but the hunger and the cold had left him weakened, wrinkles around his dull eyes struggling to stay open and shaky steps onto the wet grass oftentimes finding himself forced to step into the white cold bringer that was snow. Not only that but his sense had diminished greatly, his nose unable to pick any scents that were not water, his ears low and flat on his head as they refuse to twitch and tune in. At least colours surrounding him were very contrasting with each other. Radar's black and the tree's brown made it easy for Yigo to spot them among the green and white background.

Wearing his bedsheet as some sort of coat (as he lacked one at the moment) and his Trap scarf around his neck, Yigo was hardly aware of what was going on in his surroundings but enough to catch Radar's question. With a lazy 'Uh?' that some pokemon might get if they tried to wake some kid up, Yigo turned to Radar. The Murkrow was still happy, excited as the dark bird flapped his wings and stared into his eyes. Why was all so relaxing? It was warmth where there was none, quickly invigorating the ground type. "Oh... uhm... it's not hard. Just try to find something that looks any different from branches, trees, grass and snow. Be on the lookout for flowers. Berry bushes tend to grow some and I think that the Pecha flowers are... light red and pink?" Yigo quickly deployed his senses once again, ears twitching and standing on his back feet. Sniffing was not doing the trick as it merely teased Yigo into sneezing and his ears caught nothing but the sound of himself and Radar's wings in motion "Be careful of pokemon. I've been attacked out here a lot by foes much much stronger than myself. If you spot someone, Radar... run"

They seemed to be alone for now as they continued to walk along the dungeon woods. It was like the Sandshrew's mother always said: no pokemon can ever know a mystery dungeon by heart. Many times Yigo has been in this same dungeon yet everything always felt so unknown. Maybe the mean pokemon had gone away? Do they come out when it is this cold? Everything seemed silent for now but, just in case, there was something to note "...hey, Radar. If you hear someone that's not me talk it's often a good sign. Explorers come here often to train from what Alki has told me" Yigo suddenly looked down and returned to his fours "I wonder if we'll meet her here..."

As little as he'd like to admit it, Alki was something he'd consider a lucky find. He had much to apologise her for and, by the roars caused by his empty belly, anyone could tell that Yigo was not above begging.

Poké : 973

PostSubject: Re: A Stroll in the Woods   Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:28 pm

[22 energy]

Opal trotted into Pecha Forest, fairly familiar with the area by now and confident she could handle the dangers it posed. A smile crossed her face as she thought of the adventures she'd had here with her teammate, Cimche. The spinda was too busy with other things to come along this time, but the growlithe was determined to enjoy herself nevertheless.

Still, this wasn't Grassveil, so she couldn't let herself grow complacent. Her last visit here had put her and her partner in a rather hairy situation. She was stronger now, with new and improved attacks to use, so while a repeat was less likely to happen, one could never be too careful. She was alert, eyes and ears open and seeking anything out of the ordinary.

Poké : 400
Location : What IS location? What is the solid ground of which we stand without the soul that lives within it? How can you really call a location your home when you are missing the one thing that makes a location that which it is?

PostSubject: Re: A Stroll in the Woods   Yesterday at 4:10 am

Energy = 22

Yigo wasn’t quite feeling up to being outside, Radar could tell.

The Sandshrew was wearing his bedsheet as a blanket, shakily stepping along the snow. His eyes could barely stay open, his ears flat against his head...the poor thing...Radar felt awful. He could have went to go and get food himself in the forest, or—better yet—buy something like a normal Pokémon would, but no. Radar just had to need his friend, didn’t he? Yigo said something about getting sick in the cold, was that what was happening to the Ground Type? He seemed weak, and tired, and frail, and...sick...he was sick, he most likely was. Radar made his first friend ever sick. Just hearing Yigo's sleepy, lazy voice as he struggled to stay awake was enough to make Radar want to turn back so his friend would feel better. So Yigo wouldn’t get sicker, wouldn’t get weaker, sleepier...Radar didn’t want his friend to suffer just to help him. But then Yigo just so happened to perk right back up, waking from his weird Cold-Stupor.

“Oh... uhm... it's not hard. Just try to find something that looks any different from branches, trees, grass and snow.” Radar simply nodded his head, starting to look around, scanning the ground beneath him. “Be on the lookout for flowers. Berry bushes tend to grow some and I think that the Pecha flowers are... light red and pink?” Light red and pink...got it. Radar hadn’t seen anything yet, other than that bush with...red and pink flowers growing out of it...well, those were all the way back where they came. Radar’d snag 'em on the way back. Yigo took a whiff of the cold air, sneezing in the process, making Radar giggle to himself. That sneeze was adorable...Yigo still had to get out of this cold, though. “Be careful of pokemon. I've been attacked out here a lot by foes much much stronger than myself.” Well, it was a given there would be stronger, more feral Pokémon out here, it was a Mystery Dungeon after all. “If you spot someone, Radar... run”

Okay...hella smart to just run...hella stupid I hadn’t thought of that rule yet, though. Radar would fight as much as he could, or he’d run and weave through the landscape, it depended on how he was feeling, where he was, and who he was fighting...just running, though, sounded like a better plan in the long run. “...hey, Radar. If you hear someone that's not me talk it's often a good sign.” Yigo explained, the bird turned his head to look at his friend, smiling in the snow, yet still worried about Yigo. “Explorers come here often to train from what Alki has told me.” Yigo moved his head down, falling to the ground on all fours like how he usually stood. “I wonder if we'll meet her here...” A-Alki...? Yigo wanted to see Alki? But...Alki hurt him, and...that wasn’t okay...right? Yigo's belly roared and grumbled after that thought, desperately craving food. “Uh, f-first we look for food, th-than...” Radar's voiced trailed off, searching around for berries, desperately trying to avoid the topic of Alki.

(Here we go, roll test number 1)

TempGuardian carried out 4 launched of one Pecha Forest (Image not informed.) :
, , ,

Not even the most devastating truth can be told; it must be evoked. ~ Joyce Carol Oates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Stroll in the Woods   

Back to top Go down

A Stroll in the Woods
Page 1 of 1