Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

(Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blahsadfeguie

Blahsadfeguie

Poké : 140

(Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra Empty
PostSubject: (Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra   (Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 6:18 am

» Name: Seraphina (Sera)
» Sex: Female
» Species: #63 Abra - the Psi Pokemon
» Affiliation: Wanderer

» Level: 5
» Energy: 19
» Ability: Magic Guard
» Moves:
- Teleport (Level 1)
-
-
-

» Natural Feats:
- Danger Sensor: Because of their psychic powers, Abra have a greatly heightened sense of awareness, even in their sleep. They are able to sense danger and reflexively teleport, as well as carry out certain actions normally reserved for waking creatures, despite still being unconscious.
- Telepath: Abra can read the minds of any Pokemon in their vicinity. They can also project their thoughts to others telepathically.
- Magic Guard: Prevents all damage except from direct-attack moves.

» Relatives: N/A

» Personality: Seraphina knows how to remain calm in even the most dire of situations. She always thinks logically and considers all sides of an argument. This is taken to the point of borderline psychopathy - she is not unsettled by things that would cause most other Pokemon distress, like corpses or visible torture. Likewise, she seems to show no fear. Yes, she recognizes threats to her well-being and tries to avoid them, but remains uncannily calm throughout.

She is very passive and does not like to get involved in things directly, preferring the role of observer or, when necessary, adviser. Having a sheltered life did not do wonders to her social skills, and she often comes across as tactless and apathetic, even though she usually means well. She would much rather have an ally than an enemy, all things considered, but her lack of success on establishing good first impressions and relationships has lead to a lack of desire to try.

That said, when it comes to the acquaintances she does manage to make, she has an affinity for mild mischief in the form of practical jokes, and has difficulty understanding boundaries established by others. Thus, her method of showing gratitude and affection is very hands-on and may be off-putting to those who are not used to it. Should one look past her shortcomings and endure her follies, however, one would find that as a companion Seraphina is incredibly loyal (and clingy).

» Likes:
- Deep thought. This includes the thoughts of others. She tends to take a liking to intellectual or philosophical Pokemon and spends much of her time meditating.
- Pranks. She likes occasionally messing with other Pokemon just to see how they react, though she is careful not to take it too far on purpose. (That is not to say that she always knows what "too far" is, however.)
- Nature. She feels very much in her element when she is surrounded by natural things: foliage, open sky, non-hostile wild Pokemon, and so on. She also loves to see new places.

» Dislikes:
- Crowds. Her telepathic abilities randomly cause her to hear the thoughts of any Pokemon around her, and she has no control over this. Thus, being near too many Pokemon can get her very stressed very quickly.
- Physical activity. Her lack of physical attributes causes her to avoid physical stress whenever possible, no matter how trivial. This ranges from fighting to even simple things such as walking.
- Harmful deceit. She cannot stand it when Pokemon lie to or swindle others intentionally and will take measures to correct the problem, often by warning the victim telepathically without the culprit's knowledge. It's like that feeling you get when you're reading a book and you know who the villain is and what they're trying to do but the protagonists have no idea what's going on.

» History: Seraphina was born in a forest far from civilization to two loving parents. She was the first of four siblings. The family lived in a treehouse that was relatively small and did not have much in the way of luxury, as her family honored humility and minimalism. Much of her childhood was spent learning how to survive in the wilderness; specifically to avoid conflict and make the most out of what little one can glean from nature itself. As they lived in such a remote location, Seraphina had very little contact with other sentient Pokemon outside of her immediate family. Still, she was quite happy with her life.

However, one day, her family simply disappeared without a trace. Both of her parents, all of her siblings, all mysteriously gone. No signs of a struggle, or indication that anything was wrong or that they intentionally abandoned her. With this unsettling puzzle weighing on her mind, Seraphina had no choice but to leave her home in search of any clue that may remotely lead to or explain her family's disappearance. Ever since that incident, she has lived a nomadic lifestyle, traveling from town to town in the hopes of finding a lead... but time and time again, she has come up empty-handed. Now, she has all but given up hope of ever finding her family again, and has shifted her focus to finding a purpose for herself.

The truth behind the disappearances:

» Other: Seraphina is not yet experienced enough to control her mind-reading abilities, so she may hear the thoughts of others whether she wants to or not. She may occasionally broadcast her thoughts to others without meaning to as well. How and when these powers activate is entirely random, as far as she can tell. In reality, it seems to be triggered by anticipation of social interaction, which is especially problematic. However, this power does not work on Dark-types in either direction.

Last edited by Blahsadfeguie on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

PostSubject: Re: (Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra   (Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 3:46 am

Sorry, your Character Bio cannot be approved due to the following reasons:

1.) MOVES

There's nothing wrong with your current moves... or rather, move. However, I want to remind you that you can have one egg move if you like. It doesn't have to impact the species of the character's parents, and it's completely free. If you wanna have a character with nothing but Teleport, that's fine, but Abra does have a decent list of egg moves available to it if you want one.

2.) NATURAL FEATS

You missed quite a few important feats. Abra can do more than just teleport away from danger in their sleep; they can use their psychic powers pretty freely and even go about daily routines like eating. They still aren't conscious and don't remember anything they do in their sleep, but it's so uncanny that it can be hard to tell if they're actually asleep.

Abra can function in their sleep because they have to sleep 18 hours a day, or else they will lose the ability to use their psychic powers. To help them survive while having to sleep most of the day away, they hypnotize themselves into doing things in their sleep.

They can also create illusory afterimages by teleporting around rapidly, which is pretty much a free (albeit limited) Double Team.

Lastly, add a feat for your chosen ability. That's where its description goes. Also, be reasonable with feats like mind-reading and teleport-double-team. Remember that using psychic powers is very taxing for abra, and that it should take time to master something like that. There's nothing wrong in regards to that in your bio; you actually seem to have a pretty good handle on it, but I wanted to say something anyway, just to be safe.

3.) DISLIKES

If she dislikes physical activity because it's too straining, she should hate using her psychic abilities, because the massive strain from that is the reason abra as a species have to sleep 18 hours a day.

4.) HISTORY

What you have is fine, but I need some elaboration on what happened to her family. No fun, I know, but it's important to make sure you aren't planning something like "They were kidnapped by the dark lord Giratina." Gotta know what you're thinking so I can make sure it's okay.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message any of the Character Moderators. May it be through the Chatbox or through Private Messaging, we will tend to your concerns as soon as we can. Please fix your bio accordingly so that we may be able to approve it. Once you have completed your edits, either bump this thread or message us.
Back to top Go down
Blahsadfeguie

Blahsadfeguie

PostSubject: Re: (Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra   (Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 8:23 am

1. Yep, starting with only Teleport is intentional. This is to emphasize her nature of avoiding direct conflict and to push her (and by extension, me) to form alliances and relationships.

2. I copy/pasted the description for the "Danger Sensor" feat from the Natural Feats & Special Abilities thread, as I had gathered that was what one was supposed to do. But I have elaborated on it anyway, and fixed the error in formatting with regards to the ability while I was at it.

3. I disagree, and my reasoning requires a bit of context. This is a character I've had floating around from setting to setting for the past several years. I admit that I never really paid much attention to the canonical limitations of her species, in part because I was more focused on the concept of her character and its ramifications on the plot and her interaction with other characters. I took a few artistic liberties in the interest of telling a better (or at least more interesting) story. Allowing her telepathy to work passively and indefinitely in exchange for never being able to "turn it off". This has a major impact on her personality and mannerisms, and without that specific criteria, I am less confident that the concept would function in a way that satisfies me.

4. But spoilers tho :c.

Okaaay, I've included the full story... in a spoiler box, to hopefully keep any potential RP partners who care about such things from accidentally stumbling across the solution to the mystery.

Hopefully my changes and my clarifications are sufficient.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: (Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra   (Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 3:37 pm

Sorry, your Character Bio cannot be approved due to the following reasons:

1.) LIFEHACKS

I don't really know how else to say this, but "artistic liberties" are not okay. There's nothing to "disagree" with here. This simply isn't how Abra works, and the rules can't be bent to ignore things when it's convenient. While I see no problem with your character being unable to control her mind-reading, that's about as far as that can go. She can't use this power infinitely with no strain just because she doesn't know how to control it. If you need that specific setup for this character to work how you want and can't compromise at all or think of another way to handle it that fixes the issue, then there's a bigger problem here.

2.) HISTORY

This is why it's required that you be clear with your character's history and explain everything. There is an issue here that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. Don't worry though. It's not necessarily a problem with the history itself; this kind of thing is perfectly plausible. I'll put the rest of what I have to say in a spoiler, since you want to avoid people accidentally spoiling themselves.

Spoiler:

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message any of the Character Moderators. May it be through the Chatbox or through Private Messaging, we will tend to your concerns as soon as we can. Please fix your bio accordingly so that we may be able to approve it. Once you have completed your edits, either bump this thread or message us.
Back to top Go down
Blahsadfeguie

Blahsadfeguie

PostSubject: Re: (Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra   (Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 4:43 pm

Her personality has been expanded to reflect the ramifications of having such an unconventional childhood experience, and the usage of her powers has been tweaked and clarified. I'd have more to say on the subject but I must leave for work very soon and have been focused on getting the edit made before then. I hope it is to your liking.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: (Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra   (Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 12:14 pm

Character has been approved!

(Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra ElatedRemoteAustraliancattledog-size_restricted

Please head over HERE to create your Character Records.  Once you've completed that, go have fun and roleplay!
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: (Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra   (Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 10:16 pm

Character Put Up For Adoption

PostSubject: Re: (Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra   (Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra Empty

Back to top Go down

(Up for Adoption) Seraphina the Abra
Page 1 of 1