Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

2018 Moderator Applications are now open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Braving the Mysterious Swampland

Go down 
AuthorMessage
southpawXlegacy

southpawXlegacy

Poké : 380

Braving the Mysterious Swampland Empty
PostSubject: Braving the Mysterious Swampland   Braving the Mysterious Swampland EmptySun Sep 02, 2018 9:38 pm

While Saturn was at Rainfront looking for 'the mysterious hill with a house at its center' he heard about another place nearby that also sounded exploration-worthy. A couple of Rainfron't inhabitants spoke of a huge swath of marshlands shrouded in mist as you go deeper in and a tribe of fierce natives that have made the deepest areas their territory. Saturn could only imagine what kind of rare valuables might be stashed away in such a strange environment. He headed out to the marsh's entrance, excitement and apprehension washing over him in equal amounts. "This should prove interesting." Saturn said aloud as he delved into this mysterious swampland.

The first thing he noticed was how the muddy ground would try to swallow him whole if he stood still for too long. Within minutes, Saturn was covered in a thick layer of wet mud from the knees down. He periodically took refuge on the occasional mound of solid earth he came across to wipe the mud off his body and get a good look at his surroundings. Aside from the occasional tree, the area looked pretty barren and stagnant. He could see the occasional bit of movement in the water where it was less shallow but aside from that this marsh seemed devoid of life. "Perhaps this exploration won't be as fruitful as I thought...."

[Energy:19-15=4]

blade12

blade12

Poké : 680

PostSubject: Re: Braving the Mysterious Swampland   Braving the Mysterious Swampland EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 11:12 pm

A flat area of mist and brilliant lights at nights they said. A glorious spectacle they claimed. These were the cause for the white furred quadruped's first true visit to the marshlands close to Pricklemist. Deimos was cursing his luck however, having not been warned beforehand about how muddy the locale was. Of course he assumed it wouldn't be the cleanest of locations but his original preconceptions about the area had quickly collapsed into an awkward sense of self preservation, not of his health, but of his dignity.

The Absol attemped to carefully make his way through the mists, relying on his mental senses to avoid taking a mud bath. With feet kept on solid ground, Deimos let off a soft sigh due to his predicament. He absolutely wasn't in the mood to be covered in filth and found the thought allround unnapealing, however he also couldn't leave in good conscience. Familal bonds and his role within the quiet organization he served made documenting and exploring the area a necessity.

Holding his position upon a solid, rocky platform within the marsh, Deimos glanced around, searching for the 'brilliant lights' he was informed of and hoping his presence hadn't made the entities that emit them go into hiding. Akin to his strategies back in Pricklemist, Deimos intended to blend in with the environment through his natural hue of white, as a precautionary measure. He for the moment was completely unaware that he wasn't the only visitors the Marsh would be recieving on this muddy night.

southpawXlegacy

southpawXlegacy

PostSubject: Re: Braving the Mysterious Swampland   Braving the Mysterious Swampland EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 7:14 am

Saturn stared up at the moon high in the night sky, thankful for the light it was providing. Aside from the occasional distant firefly pokemon blinking in the distance, the moonlight was all there was to see by. He trudged on through the viscious, glue-like mud wanting to see more of what this marsh had to offer. He had seen little in the way of native presence, be it hostile or otherwise. This didn't come as a surprise, seeing as the terrain made just walking a dozen feet feel like a herculean task in and of itself. Whatever creatures made this their home must be extremely hardy, and could probably wipe the floor with Saturn in moments if angered.

"I cannot help but feel I came here underprepared. I have no items and little to no combat experience. But hey, everybody has to start somewhere." Saturn thought. He continued cautiously, unable to shake the feeling that something, or someone, was watching him from some unseen hideaway. What Saturn needed was a reliable reference point or landmark, something to help him maintain his bearings. While there was an occasional tree growing in this harsh environment, everything just kind of blended together. Saturn had no choice but to wander deeper in, seeing as there was no going back now. He had passed the point of no return long ago, the muddy tracks he left behind quickly fading away within minutes. All he had at this point was his wits and the will to press on.

As he continued, Saturn swore he could hear the telltale squelching sound of someone dragging their feet through the mud. The sounds were coming from the other side of some thick, thorny shrubbery nearby. He noticed some movement on the other side, too, which sent Saturn into high alert mode. Was it just some random native? A pokemon in distress, perhaps? Maybe it was some kind of hostile? A million thoughts swarmed his head as Saturn tried his best to piece together the potential consequenses of what he may or may not do in response to this. His first idea was to holler "Who goes there?!" all confident-like, but figured trying to pull a bluff like that would just backfire on him. So, he decided to get a closer look but sunk waist-deep into a particularly deep pit of watery mud, making a loud sloshing sound as it swallowed his lower half. "Now I'm in a pickle, and the stranger undoubtedly heard that, too. Hopefully they won't decide to attack me, or worse, just leave me to my fate. It seems I am out of options.he mumbled. Saturn yelled for help, but not so loud as to wake up the entire swamp. He just wanted to get the passerby's attention. He had no alternative.

blade12

blade12

PostSubject: Re: Braving the Mysterious Swampland   Braving the Mysterious Swampland EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 11:48 pm

Deimos released a soft sigh as he glanced around, having spotted no glorious spectacle of light akin to what he was informed about. Disappointment ran strong through the Absol's mind, fraught with concern that all that he would encounter under the night sky was mud, mud, mud and more mud. Shaking his head to help clear his thoughts, Deimos quietly glanced around at his immediate surroundings, calling upon his full sensory might to try and find a clear path to follow, without any luck. He could find no more outcroppings of solid ground akin to the one underfoot that he could reach before being dropped into the cesspool of mud.

With an exasperated sigh, He began moving onwards, lacking any real destination beyond getting away from here and to somewhere he could wash it all off. With muddy, sodden ground underfoot, Deimos took on a brisk pace so as to not risk his white furred form sinking too deep. "Note to self... Return to Fallen Leaf Copse after this so i can get clean. Ugh... I hate that squelch" The Absol murmurred to himself as he walked.

Soon enough he came across some solid ground once more, bordered with thick thorns and shrubbery, seemingly hardy enough to survive in this Cesspool as he would most politely put it. Quickening his pace, he got his feet back upon solid ground within a few moments with a sigh of relief. Halting his advance, he tried his best to wipe his feet clean of the mud that he already so greatly despised.

His attention was snapped away from his selfcare momentarily however by a nearby yell for assistance. Taking a moment to focus his mind upon the surrounding land, he sure enough felt a presence upon the other side of the thorny brush, most likely another visitor cursed with having to walk through these grounds. Quietly, Deimos formed spectral talons upon his frontal left foot, using them to cut away at the thorny thicket of shrubbery without putting his actual body at risk. Starting from the top, He began clearing a path so that a second individual could get out of the mud, his black horn being the first part to become visible over the shrubbery. Upon hacking down the rest, Deimos moved to the right, so as to open up additional space for the yeller, in case if they were of large build.

southpawXlegacy

southpawXlegacy

PostSubject: Re: Braving the Mysterious Swampland   Braving the Mysterious Swampland EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 11:21 pm

The mudpit had swallowed Saturn up past his waist, now. He feared that all hope was lost until a muddy, white-furred creature on all fours tore its way through the thick razorvine with a spectral claw. Saturn, in turn, redoubled his efforts and trudged forward with all his might. He held out his bone thinking the stranger might grab it and pull him out but immediately realized the creature cannot feasibly do so, being a quadraped and all. So, Saturn hooked the bone on an exposed root jutting out of the solid ground nearby to gain leverage. He was barely able to escape the mud's unrelenting grasp without popping a blood vessel from the effort. "Thanks for coming to my aid like that, stranger. This accursed place will swallow you whole if you let it..." He planted his feet on solid ground next to the kind pokemon next to him, eager to scrape off the thick layer of caked-on mud clinging to him from the torso down. "So, are you lost in this filthy cesspool too, or do you actually have some semblance of where we are? I don't think I could properly navigate through this terrain if my life depended on it."

blade12

blade12

PostSubject: Re: Braving the Mysterious Swampland   Braving the Mysterious Swampland EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 8:41 pm

Taking a careful step back so as to make way, Deimos dispelled the spectral blades, figuring they were no longer required and as a precaution so as to not risk accidentally cutting the stranger before him. Quietly watching as a Cubone pulled itself up and out of the mood, Deimos quickly recognized that this couldn't be a native to the region, a suspicion that was validated shortly after the Pokemon spoke. Yup, definitely not a native to this cesspool, as he so eloquently put it. Upon being questioned in regards to if he was lost, Deimos shook his head to state no. With his strong familiarity with the nearby mist coated hill, he figured it wouldn't be so difficult to retrace his steps out of the swamp and towards his first stomping grounds.

"I don't know the marsh well, but i'm well acquainted with the nearby hills. It shouldn't be too difficult to retrace my steps and head in that direction. Presuming that such a locale is preferable to you than being coated with filth" Deimos spoke with his regular tone, one that pushed calm and composed to an extreme, that he would confess did seem to be disliked by others, though he would also argue that it did wonders for staying careful in first encounters.

southpawXlegacy

southpawXlegacy

PostSubject: Re: Braving the Mysterious Swampland   Braving the Mysterious Swampland EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 10:03 pm

"If you are speaking of Pricklemist Hill, then absolutely. I actually heard about this here swamp while asking around about Pricklemist. I've had my eye on that place for awhile as well as this one. Unfortunately, there is little of value to be found here, unless you have a great need for rancid sludge." Saturn gazed at the surrounding landscape, hoping to spot something noteworthy or interesting. He was not successful. Nothing but depressing browns and bleak greys as far as the eye could see. The young adventurer was seriously starting to wonder how anyone, let alone an entire tribe, could eke out a living in a place such as this. As far as was able to tell, none of the plants were edible and the water wasn't safe to drink. Perhaps the tribals were extremely hardy from such rough living? "So what brings you to this awful place, anyway? Are you perhaps looking for somebody or just exploring?"

blade12

blade12

PostSubject: Re: Braving the Mysterious Swampland   Braving the Mysterious Swampland EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 7:39 pm

The Absol nodded, indeed having referred to the mist coated lands of the Pricklemist Hill, his old stomping grounds one could call it. It was one of the regions of the world that he was absolutely the most familiar with, especially so with it having been the chosen site of his challenge. He wouldn't have minding stopping at the area again for another look around, especially with how it generally produced valuable items for him. Even his makeshift bag for holding items came from the region, having been a re-purposed Reaper Cloth that he stumbled across on his first visit to the region.

Getting box on topic however, Deimos shook his head. He hadn't been seeking an individual nor had he been wondering aimlessly. He had come to see the lights, and had been sorely disapointed right off the bat. "I was investigating something i overheard at the town, but it seems i probably came at the wrong time. He answered truthfully. Perhaps another time, he'd be able to find what he was seeking.

southpawXlegacy

southpawXlegacy

PostSubject: Re: Braving the Mysterious Swampland   Braving the Mysterious Swampland EmptyWed May 01, 2019 1:50 pm

"Hmm..." Saturn looked back at the tracks he had made up until this point only to find that, aside from the gaping hole in the mud where he fell in, any obvious signs of his own passage were quickly fading away in the shapless muck. Perhaps this traveler was referring to scent tracking? It made sense, unless this individual had some other plan in mind.

"So, what's your name, anyway? Mine's Saturn." The silly cubone reflexively tried to reach out his arm for a handshake only to realize, once again, that such mannerisms are a bit awkward for someone who usually has all four limbs planted on the ground at any given time. In a desperate attempt to not come off as a complete idiot, Saturn just kinda... shook hands with his scythe horn, which came off as a much less offensive gesture in his head.

"Sorry, I've never had much affinity for social situations." Saturn was grasping for straws at this point, hoping beyond hope that he wasn't being a complete buffoon in this stranger's eyes.

blade12

blade12

PostSubject: Re: Braving the Mysterious Swampland   Braving the Mysterious Swampland EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 1:27 pm

With the lack of the wondrous show of lights he'd been promised, Deimos had no qualms with abandoning ship and going back either to Pricklemist or back home to Fallen Leaf. He couldn't see himself returning to the marsh in the future unless he was on an investigation, gathering information for reports or trying to help someone i needed. He couldn't help but be envious of those that weren't coated in white like himself. They could get away with getting a little dirty or muddy and people might not notice. Not so much for an Absol, any kind of mud or filth would stick out like a sore thumb.

With that in mind, when Saturn had his little awkward moment, culminating in shaking his horn, Deimos wasn't particularly pleased. His Joy Ribbon was wrapped around his horn, something that he considered quite valuable. From what the Absol had learned, they weren't exactly easy or cheap for one to get their hands on and the mere mental image of his ribbon being covered in mud made him shudder.

With a soft sigh, he shook his head with the intent of indicating that the Cubone lacking social ability was a problem. Just because the Absol was decent at writing didn't mean he was very good socially either. He'd seen plenty of times that his tone of voice and lack of expression disturbed people, though with his new position of leadership, he knew well he'd just have to do his best to improve.

"It's fine. Just please be careful with the horn. I have a valuable ribbon wrapped around it. I would rather it be kept clean. As for my name, It's Deimos" The Absol replied, with intent to speed past socially awkward moments. He was not in the mood to put up them for the time being.

southpawXlegacy

southpawXlegacy

PostSubject: Re: Braving the Mysterious Swampland   Braving the Mysterious Swampland EmptyFri Jun 28, 2019 1:01 pm

"Sorry, my apologies." It never crossed Saturn's mind that the decorative ribbon was valuable. Now he really felt guilty, but also relieved that he didn't mess it up. At the same time, he couldn't help but wonder if it was literally worth money or simply had great sentimental value. Perhaps it had some kind of special function, considering it was tied around his horn. Either way, Saturn was just as eager to ditch this awful place before it left him even more exhausted and depressed.

"Well, if you know the quickest way out of here, then please lead the way. Unless you would rather have me in front checking the depth of the water with my bone first. hopefully our trip out of this swamp will be just as uneventful as it was on the way in."

Saturn briefly pondered on any other last-minute details he should mention, and came up with one last thing; "Oh, by the way, are you an independent explorer or part of a team? I'm really new to all this and not really sure how all the stuff involving guilds really works."

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Braving the Mysterious Swampland   Braving the Mysterious Swampland Empty

Back to top Go down

Braving the Mysterious Swampland
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Rainfront Town :: Cattail Marsh-
Jump to: